Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol rip ball death dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol rip ball death dude

rest in piss

Apr 7, 2003

remember the Rick Moranis-looking chud who singlehandedly assaulted a Dallas federal building and got perforated without firing a single round? That guy kicked rear end too.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the only reason to not impeach would be if the entire government is actually reporting to pence right now and ignoring Trump
it may be true

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

I think a lot of people don't know this and just think it's fun, kind of like the whole zombie trend of the naughts when a lot of the randos who watch walking dead didn't know a lot of the discussion was actually coded for a race war

yeah, for a lot of folks I give it the benefit of a doubt. I've seen some friends post it before and I know they're not not expressing those views. the zombie prep trend is a good comparator and more relatable and I'll try to keep that in mind as an explainer

Sagebrush posted:

let's take a tally of the deaths yesterday

1) military servicemember who committed insurrection: executed by gunfire
2) policeman killed by a fire extinguisher to the head: had trump's 757 as his twitter profile banner
3) woman carrying "don't tread on me" flag: trampled to death
4) man who posted picture of himself with machine guns daring anyone to attack: accidentally tazed himself until he died

what incredible irony is there gonna be for person #5

I wonder if 2 was because they had presidential detail or something but it's still ironic

Apr 7, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

the only reason to not impeach would be if the entire government is actually reporting to pence right now and ignoring Trump
it may be true

Thing is, people need to understand that laws are meaningful, and respected and followed.

Letting a rich white dude evade punishment entirely pushes the whole system over.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

https://twitter.com/shrimpJAJ/status/1346935756128804868

Apr 7, 2003

Letting a rich white dude evade punishment* entirely pushes the whole system over.

* for a literal coup, I meant.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Agile Vector posted:

I wonder if 2 was because they had presidential detail or something but it's still ironic

nah.

if you disagree with the president you aren't gonna put stuff supporting him on your personal twitter page, even if getting assigned to his detail (or whatever) was a big career deal

and even then you'd probably put the presidential seal or something, not trump's 757

this cop was a diehard trump fan, the kind who without an ounce of self-awareness lowers the american flag to raise the trump one in its place

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

hobbesmaster posted:

it may be true

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1347614567522824193

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

wouldn’t we expect that Pence is at the White House?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

if there is a high level pedophile ring that donald j trunp is aware of, I would be very surprised if he wasn’t an active member

yeah lol
he wears a nappie and role plays a victim

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

That means that either:
A: She's dabbing her eyes with onion to make them tear up and look like she got rekt
B: She came in specifically prepared to get gassed and still folded like a wet napkin when poo poo got real

or it’s
not an onion. it’s like 4 white pixels. it’s rumoured to be .. ice.
people reach for the dumbest scenarios when trying to prove a point

prisoner of waffles posted:

it's overreaction because they love to feel persecuted by other people who have committed the terrible injustice of having opinions in front of

and jealous of the legit persecution from minorities and underprivileged

infernal machines posted:

if that were a point is was possible to reach, it would have been reached. it isn't and you will see people in actual clown costumes and big red noses sitting in the chambers and having a vote in the workings of the nation

i was reading some r/conservative and the prevailing opinion was that the gop is dead and they’d never vote for them unless they were the least bad choice and so its also reasonable to think that the reason the gop doesn’t die is because hatred for the left is a much more powerful vote choice maker than giving a
poo poo about anything else at all

Like, if you go to conservative social media they will tell you that they don't consider people who aren't like them American or even human, that the president has no obligation to represent fake America, and that they want to see everyone not like them removed or genocided. They don't hide it.

That's why bringing up uneven violence against wednesday's insurrection compared to violence against BLM is pointless. They'll agree that BLM protestors were treated more harshly and they'll tell you it's necessary to keep violent animals in line.

i want to see some of this i’ll have a hunt

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i was about to post "why the gently caress isn't the 25th amendment power with congress, since the president can set his own cabinet full of toadies who would never invoke it" and then i was like oh right congress has the power to impeach.

silly me

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i was about to post "why the gently caress isn't the 25th amendment power with congress, since the president can set his own cabinet full of toadies who would never invoke it" and then i was like oh right congress has the power to impeach.

silly me

Congress already crowned him a king when the Senate said he did wrong but they couldn't vote to impeach lmao

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Congress already crowned him a king when the Senate said he did wrong but they couldn't vote to impeach lmao

wouldn't, not couldn't

(i'm so frickin' depressed and angry about everything :smith:)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

not really, no. the vp's residence is in the naval observatory, and his office is in the eisenhower administration building (next door to the white house). the vp would typically spend most working hours there

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I learned that from Veep :eng101:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Endless Mike posted:

not really, no. the vp's residence is in the naval observatory, and his office is in the eisenhower administration building (next door to the white house). the vp would typically spend most working hours there

does that mean he has a giant navy telescope where he lives? :swoon:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

basically a documentary

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

prefect posted:

does that mean he has a giant navy telescope where he lives? :swoon:

he does in fact, but it's on the grounds in another building because it's a huge telescope, like 25 feet or so

the vp house is nice too, and unlike the white house it's not this huge palatial compound

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

normal if obviously fancy home

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Broken Machine posted:

normal if obviously fancy home

it does have dick cheney's ten level torture basement though, I think they were doing underground construction there for the majority of the bush administration

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

has the president called?

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

https://twitter.com/straycunt/status/1347613741261725698

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

supposedly trump was flown out to camp david and is still there as far as we know

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

well I (shamefully) learned something today

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

2016: well, trump got elected, but at least we have the other branches to keep him in line

2021: AXE body spray hereby condemns the attempted coup against the united states government

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I just assumed they had bunk beds

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh, pence definitely sleeps in a bunk bed

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/

quite the video

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Just reflecting on how strange it is the president works where he sleeps, is that the norm world wide? The country's leader rolls out of bed and into a press conference downstairs or something?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

"gently caress the blue" :sickos:

also lmao at the terminal stupidity required to climb a barricade while a bunch of suited men point very real guns at you

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

incredible the brain worms you need to try to break into a room full of people pointing guns at you

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ADINSX posted:

Just reflecting on how strange it is the president works where he sleeps, is that the norm world wide? The country's leader rolls out of bed and into a press conference downstairs or something?

he definitely shits where he sleeps

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

ADINSX posted:

it's the same building, but the president's private residence is adjacent to the west wing, the executive residence - it's the same building but basically a separate area. it's not that obvious from photos of the white house, and partly due to landscaping around it but the white house is huge, it's well over 50k square feet. there is a small bowling alley in the basement

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

incredible the brain worms you need to try to break into a room full of people pointing guns at you

Smashing the windows with an American flag.

Apr 7, 2003

Oneiros posted:

"gently caress the blue" :sickos:

also lmao at the terminal stupidity required to climb a barricade while a bunch of suited men point very real guns at you

She looks so shocked when she gets shot too. surprised, even.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

She looks so shocked when she gets shot too. surprised, even.

these people live in their own reality and sometimes the actual one catches up to them at 1200 fps

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

he definitely shits where he sleeps

to be fair, that could be anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

the guy yelling "we backed yall this summer" like that (should) matter lol. Just give us a little insurrection, as a treat!