Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I haven't posted about Henry in a long time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Mingus showing off his bed and his sunning shelf.

According to the internet his brown coloration is a melanin deficiency. This is apparently common in the genetic mix of stray cats around where he was found. Have any of you dealt with something similar? Do any of the supplements I've seen online really work?

Gangringo fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 9, 2021

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Gangringo posted:

Mingus showing off his bed and his sunning shelf.

According to the internet his brown coloration is a melanin deficiency. This is apparently common in the genetic mix of stray cats around where he was found. Have any of you dealt with something similar? Do any of the supplements I've seen online really work?

He might just be a partly brown cat, if he seems healthy and is eating normal food. Cats come in all sorts of weird colors and patterns.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah Rokit is a smoke- he has black fur that goes white closer to his skin. And when the light hits him just right you can actually see that his fur is not only a dark brown (not black) but also he's got tabby stripes.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah I think genetically all black cats are very very dark brown tabbies. I used to tease mine about how I knew her terrible secret that she's not a REAL black cat at all.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Organza Quiz posted:

Yeah I think genetically all black cats are very very perfect

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
Oh hey, I just posted about this colour coat in the megathread. I'd never seen a cat with Katya's colouring before we got her and google said it was called smoke. Available in brown-black and grey-black flavours apparently.

Interestingly, our new kitten has the same colouring, I can never tell if she's leaning more towards brown or if it's because she doesn't have Katya's floof. It always shows up reddish in pictures because of the auto-exposure so this isn't true to life but:

https://twitter.com/invisiblemonkey/status/1347925041384718338?s=20

They're both black voids in any sort of shadow, so I think they still count as black cats.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Easy to spot in winter

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

were talking cat shaped voids?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I euthanized the best, most loving creature on this earth yesterday :cry: :

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I'm sorry. From how cozy that cat looks, it looks like it lived its best life.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Once I was an orange catte person then I was a calico catte person. Now I have been shanghaied (and I use that word advisedly) by a suspiciously Asian-themed black moggy:

Her name is Mirk. She's a rescue catte, found as a stray, best guess is a year old, I got her the day after she was desexed so she was absolutely insane and bit me several times as much as she was overjoyed to have me take her home (and hated the journey on the bus). If that sounds like a uncertain start, she definitely chose me the minute she saw me, she couldn't wait to rub herself on me and after a few days at home she'd recovered enough to be a great deal more attentive, in fact rather demanding, a running commentary on everything, following me everywhere, constant demands for pats etc. I can't decide whether its a partly feral thing, an Asian cross thing, or just a young mad catte thing. She's not a social cat, I was told, and that was ok with me because I didn't want to pair her with another cat for the sake of it. So she's the queen of my little flat, Mirk the Merciless, all will love her and despair!

edit: Mister Facetious, I'm sorry about your kitty. I lost my previous cat in December and I was fortunate that I was dealing with a great vet hospital that helped me process the grief very well and after a month I felt able to move on and rescue a new kitty because that's what my kitty would have wanted for me. Please take your time with it and you'll know when you're ready.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jan 27, 2021

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mister Facetious posted:

I euthanized the best, most loving creature on this earth yesterday :cry: :

And you spoiled the best, most loving creature on this earth for their whole life :love:

And speaking of spoiled

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

YeahTubaMike posted:

And you spoiled the best, most loving creature on this earth for their whole life :love:

Well, eight years worth anyway (he used to be my brother's cat).
Haven't cried in a week, but I think it will be a while before I'm willing to put that emotional investment in another cat.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mister Facetious posted:

Well, eight years worth anyway (he used to be my brother's cat).
Haven't cried in a week, but I think it will be a while before I'm willing to put that emotional investment in another cat.

I said this to myself after 12 years with my first cat, and then I adopted another cat three months after he died. I hope you have more resolve than I did. :negative:

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
The best thing about my perfect little angel black cat is that he will never, ever die. *panicked hand rubbing*

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Sooty (also call him samuel) looking very relaxed.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
cat ouroboros, lovely night-mode pic because black cats

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

Sooty (also call him samuel) looking very relaxed.

He's lovely. Looks very similar to my boy, who is now 16 and is generally just a living statement of peace and chill.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

I'm not actually poking him, Baba just isn't a huge fan of hands:

Packed Lunch
Jul 25, 2007
Guy went AWOL after new years... Massively bummed about it and constantly looking out for him.
Don't really appreciate how much of your daily routine revolves around the furry bastards until they're no longer there to swat at your legs when you walk past. Miss ya Sherman!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Aw man, sorry to hear that. Our Tess once got lost for maybe an hour and we were heartbroken the whole time. Hope you find your little buddy.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Packed Lunch posted:

Guy went AWOL after new years... Massively bummed about it and constantly looking out for him.
Don't really appreciate how much of your daily routine revolves around the furry bastards until they're no longer there to swat at your legs when you walk past. Miss ya Sherman!

My boy Prince once went on a 6 month walkabout before I got a call from a vet 25 miles away: "Mr. Bum? We have your cat." "I don't own a... wait, PRINCE?!" Chips for the win. (I hope your catte is chipped :ohdear:, best of fortune for his return)

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 7, 2021

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Meyer conserving heat during the Texas ice storms via impeccable dumpling form

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I hope you and yours and Meyer are all staying safe, Antivehicular

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

We're safe and warm! Meyer just likes to take every opportunity to be a void lump on the bed, particularly if there's a human there he can bother.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Apparently I need to be supervised while pooping and Mirk has the perfect vantage point

although being an ADHD kitty makes her impossible to capture before she squirms off elsewhere. I will keep trying to capture a better shot, this happens daily, so I have to get lucky some time.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Well, you are getting up there in years. She's just being a responsible human owner.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Thanks for digging a path to the bird feeder human.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
My brother just sent me a photo of the family cat, and I have to share:

This is Cheeky Chops and he is four years old. He is a very friendly guy, and is always extremely happy to see me, which has not been often since the pandemic started. Last time (Christmas) he was so keen he rubbed his head up against my side hard enough it felt like he was trying to burrow inside, and kept it up for ten minutes before finally accepting I was real. His belly is a trap and he keeps us on our toes by rolling over under our hands, then springing the trap. So I guess he is also something of a bastard (Redundant, I know, given him being a cat).

Edit: Bonus pic.

Pickled Tink fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 26, 2021

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Just got a new hairpiece, went with a pompadour style.

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Just got a new hairpiece, went with a pompadour style.

Your hairpiece looks very warm and only slightly condescending. Excellent choice!

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Our little tuxedo boi posing with his needy sister :3:

16-bit RDRAM
May 31, 2020

by angerbeet

Does Maeby count?

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

sisters, not twins.

(also not actually sisters)

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Hera does not normally come upstairs, but decided to come and hang out on my desk as I worked the other day. She is looking rather majestic with her winter coat floof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
All tuxes are great, including Maebe. And Hera is gorgeous. Reminds me off my orange fluffball in her youth. The not-sisters are also perfect.