Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Malefitz posted:

I finally managed to get to level 10 two days ago and boy is this game more fun when you have unlocked the flee market.
I'm a wealth hoarder in games like this so I had a lot of fun in running my scav on factory and trying to escape with whatever is lying around on the floor, then sell it on the flee. Sure, scav on factory can be frustrating because from time to time I get a headshot before I actually spawn in and there are so many player scavs on factory that shoot everything on sight. But it gives some interesting no investment pvp action with various weapons and chance to get good loot.
And I learn the map for when I actually need to go there with my PMC...

Stuff I have successfully extracted with from factory:
gas analyzer (3)
lab key card
flash drive (2)
assorted keys
obviously various guns

I am at 3.5 mil ruble now. Do you guys have suggestions how I should invest this? I'm not sure if pushing the hideout is the best idea for me so early in wipe as I am a very slow player. I am looking at buying some containers (another ammo box, med case, scav box?; etc..) but maybe they are also too expensive for early wipe...
Any suggestions?

hideout is the most worthwhile. guns and armor aren't that pricey as long as you continue running quests. ammo can be crafted in hideout and it's sometimes 1/2 the price of buying on flea. even if you don't grind for money by crafting for profit, having the option available is pretty nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I dont seem to have any luck on scav runs on factory because it seems like every time i've ran it it's full of level 30+ players all running tier 5 + armor and ayltans but maybe i've just been unlucky :shrug:, need to get that late spawn I guess when they've all extracted. If i'm running my scav it's likely on interchange, reserve or a shoreline stash run, all 3 always seem to be more lucrative to me. But also more time invested of course.

edit: actually customs recently has been super lucrative as a scav, just go to new gas and scoop up the gear off the inevitable pile of dead bodies

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 8, 2021

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I highly recommend getting your hideout up and running with at least the Workbench, the most profitable stuff right now is actually stuff you can make at L1 so it's money in your pocket immediately once you hit level 10.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Just Chamber posted:

I dont seem to have any luck on scav runs on factory because it seems like every time i've ran it it's full of level 30+ players all running tier 5 + armor and ayltans but maybe i've just been unlucky :shrug:, need to get that late spawn I guess when they've all extracted.

I usually spawn in at 10-11 minutes and very seldom see a PMC. There are always 2-5 player scavs though. Depending on the spawn and weapon I play it slow and kill them while looting or storming around corners or I try to hide a bit until the gunshots die down. If I have super valuable loot I usually try to hide in the dead ends behind containers until <1 minute and then run for extract. If I have a crap weapon and no good gear on my scav sometimes I just rush somewhere to get a kill. This works best if you have a shotgun because scavs often don't have any armor on them.

I tried doing interchange scav runs to get familiar with the map and loot some hideout stuff in Oli (need corrugated hoses) but I got killed every time.

Also the amount of 2-3 stacks running around is frustrating when playing alone. Almost every time I run into a player with my PMC they have one or two friends with them. I often take out one but the other usually kills me. Even player scavs seem to run in two stacks quite often...

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Inspector_666 posted:

I highly recommend getting your hideout up and running with at least the Workbench, the most profitable stuff right now is actually stuff you can make at L1 so it's money in your pocket immediately once you hit level 10.

What items specifically?

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Malefitz posted:

I usually spawn in at 10-11 minutes and very seldom see a PMC. There are always 2-5 player scavs though. Depending on the spawn and weapon I play it slow and kill them while looting or storming around corners or I try to hide a bit until the gunshots die down. If I have super valuable loot I usually try to hide in the dead ends behind containers until <1 minute and then run for extract. If I have a crap weapon and no good gear on my scav sometimes I just rush somewhere to get a kill. This works best if you have a shotgun because scavs often don't have any armor on them.

I tried doing interchange scav runs to get familiar with the map and loot some hideout stuff in Oli (need corrugated hoses) but I got killed every time.

Also the amount of 2-3 stacks running around is frustrating when playing alone. Almost every time I run into a player with my PMC they have one or two friends with them. I often take out one but the other usually kills me. Even player scavs seem to run in two stacks quite often...

I would definitely try to hop in Discord and have someone show you a loot run through Interchange and Reserve because most people would consider scav running Factory to be a waste of time considering it's got the same amount of loot as your average small building on Reserve

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Cage Kicker posted:

I would definitely try to hop in Discord and have someone show you a loot run through Interchange and Reserve because most people would consider scav running Factory to be a waste of time considering it's got the same amount of loot as your average small building on Reserve

That or watch pestily on youtube and seek out his loot run guides and stash guides, helped me tons

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Cage Kicker posted:

There don't seem to be a lot of Euros on the Discord unfortunately. So the times I've mostly been playing lately were a bit unpopulated. I am definitely keeping an eye out for Goons to group up with though, I guess everything will be a bit easier in an experienced group!

Edit: also I guess it can be considered a waste of time to run factory if compared to stuff like interchange but I have the feeling that I am starting to get a handle on close quarters combat interactions by doing this which I usually just fail at in normal runs.
And it's quick to do so I can just do one before I log off...

Malefitz fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 8, 2021

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I like running factory scav - I can do it mostly AFK throughout the day while I focus on work or poo poo around the house. It’s fast and can be super lucrative, even if it’s just taking 2 minutes to pop a scav to negate the run through and get out with whatever you spawned in with. It’s definitely not the most optimal approach, but it’s value is that it takes almost no effort or time.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

causticBeet posted:

I like running factory scav - I can do it mostly AFK throughout the day while I focus on work or poo poo around the house. It’s fast and can be super lucrative, even if it’s just taking 2 minutes to pop a scav to negate the run through and get out with whatever you spawned in with. It’s definitely not the most optimal approach, but it’s value is that it takes almost no effort or time.

hell yes. it's also pretty fun to take on duels with other scavs and play deathmatch. probably my favorite way to get a nice set of equipment for a pmc raid.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
https://streamable.com/hm0bh1

I legitimately didnt see the guy and I don't know how. Maybe I was focused too hard on the guy in the room or I looked away momentarily :downs:

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Malefitz posted:

There don't seem to be a lot of Euros on the Discord unfortunately. So the times I've mostly been playing lately were a bit unpopulated. I am definitely keeping an eye out for Goons to group up with though, I guess everything will be a bit easier in an experienced group!

Edit: also I guess it can be considered a waste of time to run factory if compared to stuff like interchange but I have the feeling that I am starting to get a handle on close quarters combat interactions by doing this which I usually just fail at in normal runs.

I don't mean it's entirely a waste of time just that early on scav runs are a key money maker and there isn't a lot of loot on factory. If one of your goals is getting comfy with CQC and sound cues, Factory is perfect and you're not wrong at all. Sorry I didn't mean to come off like that. And yes the short duration compared to roubles can be very good. Glad you're thinking smartly about how you use your scav. You'll do great in Tarkov

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
So how do you hop over the counter at the gas station on Shoreline now? You used to be able to hop over right at the register but now you just get burned to death. There is some good loot back there and the two times i've gone for it, I get burned to death.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Jack B Nimble posted:

What items specifically?

Right now the Powercords into Wires one is easy money. I use this site as a rough guide on what to be building.

This will assumedly change as demand goes down but make hay while the sun shines (and you shouldn't be stopping a workbench level 1 anyway.)

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Just FYI, the Smoke balaclava doesn't work for Punisher 4. I imagine they'll get around to enabling it at some point, but for now don't try it.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Tell that to the 10-15 new suppressors that don't work for suppressed weapon quests

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Right now the Powercords into Wires one is easy money. I use this site as a rough guide on what to be building.

This will assumedly change as demand goes down but make hay while the sun shines (and you shouldn't be stopping a workbench level 1 anyway.)

yep

though if you're using that site/similar calculators be sure to sanity check because flea price variations at the moment the database pulls things can lead you to very erroneous/misleading results, but the profit isn't hard to see if you're putting in 28-40k of powercords (you can check over time and and buy low) and getting out ~100k in wires (less flea market fees)

and if you don't feel like tracking what is most profitable, the Eagle (Green) Gunpowder at Workbench level 2 is very consistent profitability and usually near the top regardless (since its inputs are vendor items with more or less fixed prices and it is always in high demand due to its use in top-tier ammo crafting)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Malefitz posted:

if youre enjoying scaving factory and making money off it (which it sounds like you are!) keep doing it, t he pvp experience will be far more valuable than the extra cash at this point.

as for what to spend on, on a basic account i think you do actually want containers early. theres a lot of stuff you do want to keep hold of either for quests, hideout upgrades, or to have loadouts ready to go and the level 1 stash becomes full extremely quickly.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Sultan Tarquin posted:

https://streamable.com/hm0bh1

I legitimately didnt see the guy and I don't know how. Maybe I was focused too hard on the guy in the room or I looked away momentarily :downs:

that's incredible. I didnt see him on the way up either, until it looped. I was pretty focused on your ads.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I got a lab keycard and checking the map on the wiki it looks cramped and terrifying.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Bussamove posted:

I got a lab keycard and checking the map on the wiki it looks cramped and terrifying.

It's not as tiny as the map might suggest, but terrifying is spot on

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bussamove posted:

You can go in offline without losing the keycard! Definitely recommended because you don't want to learn the map in a real raid.

(Pop quiz hotshot: where is nacho?)

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Bussamove posted:

Cage Kicker is right, it’s really not cramped (except in parts), for scale note the “warehouse” room and realize that’s a full sized loading dock with extensive shelving on either side and an elevated platform complete with its own control cabin

and then realize the whole thing has three pretty distinct levels

I think it’s somewhere north of four times larger than Factory

and yeah, labs is definitely not a map to try learning the layout by just doing it live

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

ShowTime posted:

So I cannot seem to join Reserve. Is that a problem for everyone? I can get into customs easy, but I sit at the Reserve loading screen for so long I just back out and go somewhere else.

As a scav or PMC? Getting into a PMC run never takes long but there are a lot more people trying to scav in on it than there are matches available so it takes a while some times. I usually have better luck scaving in on Reserve at night, never have wait times longer than 5 minutes with that.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Intelligence centre in hideout is always worth getting first for the scav timer reduction

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I love when you finally finish a quest that you've been stuck on and you can immediately complete the next 2 or 3 behind it. Like a nice tall glass of cold water on a hot day.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

i vomit kittens posted:

As a scav or PMC? Getting into a PMC run never takes long but there are a lot more people trying to scav in on it than there are matches available so it takes a while some times. I usually have better luck scaving in on Reserve at night, never have wait times longer than 5 minutes with that.

Scav. I guess that makes sense about too many scavs for players. I'll try it at night. It's got pretty good lighting and I know where most stuff is.

Lesgoon
Jan 16, 2004
In previous wipes I neglected my scav quite a bit, but I'm finding scav runs alot more fun than PMC runs this wipe. It's just more chill not having quests and looking for fights. Even if I die to the first fight it's not a big deal, there's no feeling that I wasted the raid.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Night customs is pretty fun. The skier ll2 night viz goggles are pretty good. It's like going with Altyn vision wise. Just hit safes in dorms... Exfil with car. Not as much contest as in daytime. Night scavving works too, customs isn't too dark of a map at night. You can actually see around.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Encountered an AI scav that did some really neat poo poo last night. Was doing a four man with two new people on Customs. We were looting the med building to the east of the Stronghold. We heard a scav mumble near us and immediately thought it was a player scav, as I've never heard any AI come near the med building. The scav immediately started running toward the Stronghold and got on one of the east-facing .50 cals and lit us up as we came toward the Stronghold, killing one of us. The scav then ran toward us to try to loot the teammate he killed and booked it back to the Stronghold when we started shooting back. We later pushed up and found him staring at the ceiling and killed him.

Was interesting because I'd never seen AI scavs hop on the .50s before. I've seen them weirdly lock on and home in on bodies to loot, but that was pretty extreme.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
They'll get on the Grenade launcher too. Scavs can be loving deadly on mounted emplacements.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Definitely more 2-3 player groups running around then I remember. Gonna have to start playing with goons soon. I'm trying to do quests on Customs and haven't had a successful extract yet.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

General Probe posted:

They'll get on the Grenade launcher too. Scavs can be loving deadly on mounted emplacements.

One of my squad was booking it out of Customs with what must have been 1m rubles of gear after a fantastically successful raid. Got one-tapped in Head Eyes by an AI scav on the mounted GL. Absolutely savage.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I really, really want to hit 10 so I can start clearing out my stash. Right now my favorite item is the belt rig, because it gives me +9 slots to my inventory, which is crucial for holding all these bolts, screws, nails and wires i've been hoarding. I also really want to be able to buy a decent weapon, because using my scav run castoffs isn't going very well. I'm almost about to start doing pistol runs just to try and get a kill or 2 every match to level. I hit lvl 5 and just stalled.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I just need a hose so I can poop in luxury. Let me have this, Tarkov.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Keep working on your tasks as much as you can, that's where the major experience comes from. You might have to buy a couple of keys if you can't find them in drawers or jackets. Or ask goons to go with you and open doors for you.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Re: Hideout chat.

I just started playing about a month before last wipe, I'm decent enough that I can solo creep around the map and hunt scavs, but I'm still terrible at PvP so I avoid a lot of the high-risk / high-reward areas. Point being I'm not running out of raids with a million dollars in my pocket.

I slammed in all the level 1 stuff that was easy to put in immediately, and followed up with the workbench and some other lvl 2 stuff that only required minimal parts. Otherwise I'm just selling all bolts and hoses etc. I can find while they are selling on the flea market for crazy prices.

This nets me plenty of money to keep myself comfortably geared up for raids while I work through quests and get loyalty levels up. Once the flea market prices stabilize I can work on the rest of my hideout.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I was doing a minimally geared Shoreline quest run with a friend and we came up on the power station and found 2 fully kitted out L5 bodies on the bridge into the power station (from the gas station side). Quickly grabbed their loot as the people who killed them came up on us. Barely loving got away with probably 1M+ in gear.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Keep working on your tasks as much as you can, that's where the major experience comes from. You might have to buy a couple of keys if you can't find them in drawers or jackets. Or ask goons to go with you and open doors for you.

Yea, I was just in that weird period where I only had the first two quests available from Prapor and Mechanic, so was limited into finding 2 shotguns while getting rocked by players on customs while trying to find scavs, which don't seem to exist at the start of the game. I decided to do a mosin only run on Woods to just try and get the Jaeger quest and got lucky enough to knock it out with no issues. Well, there were issues, because Woods had an update and it looks entirely different now. So I did get lost and panicked, but managed to get it done. As soon as that was done I was able to knock out the MP-133 portion of Prapors quest and now I have 6-7 in the queue. Next up is struggling with the even harder Customs quests: finding the stopwatch and water. I have both keys from scav runs thankfully.

To add to the weird scav behavior conversation: yesterday I walked into the gas station and a scav fired two shots out the window at nothing and then just stood there. I assumed it was firing at a player, but went and looked around and there was nothing. This morning a scav charged at me with it's knife out. I panicked, shot it and it just ran by me. So I shot it in the back, assuming it was a player, but it emoted at me. I managed to kill it without realizing it until the match ended. I assumed it just kept running.

I do love that updated scavs to run, drink, check mags, wiggle, etc. Makes it harder to determine if it's a AI scav or player scav.

Edit: I just found out my new monitor has a feature to add a crosshair to the center of my screen. I can't wait to try this out.
Edit 2: It seems a little off. It's probably gun dependent, but it appears that ADS ends up being slightly lower than the center of the screen. I'll have to test more when I have a gun range.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
https://streamable.com/er3f4l

watch me shoot the incredible hulk for 2 loving minutes straight.