Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

it is beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

it is beautiful
The perfect snipe.

I liked baby driver, which is like if drive didn't think it was a super serious movie.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

and nothing hurts

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

mystes posted:

The perfect snipe.

I liked baby driver, which is like if drive didn't think it was a super serious movie.

it has a great soundtrack too. I particularly enjoyed the "John hamm shoots guns in time with the music" bit near the end.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

everything scalzi writes is lukewarm easy listening sci fi popcorn pulp, and thats fine. sometimes its fun to read space turtle humans limpet mining alien fleets

nothing bad happens, because when you live in ohio why bring any more misery into the world

my beloved wife is reincarnated and super badass and doesn’t remember me but she does lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

it has a great soundtrack too. I particularly enjoyed the "John hamm shoots guns in time with the music" bit near the end.

didn't they remove the yodeling

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Fool posted:

fantastic beasts

of which there have been two movies so far, with Johnny Depp, but he got shitcanned because of the amber heard garbage

didn't she cut off one of his fingats

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

man if yall ever want some amazing laughs check out some buster keaton poo poo. absolute wizard

on a semi-related note I watched Evil Dead 2 today and man I forgot how good Bruce Campbell is at physical acting and physical comedy. I've never seen someone who can sell fighting with his own possessed hand as well as that guy

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

on a semi-related note I watched Evil Dead 2 today and man I forgot how good Bruce Campbell is at physical acting and physical comedy. I've never seen someone who can sell fighting with his own possessed hand as well as that guy

it's one of my fav movies. I watched it on mushrooms one time and it was so funny

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

when do we get mads mikkelsen batman because thats the one i'll watch

reminded me; lmao

though Mads as Doom could be kinda fun.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

i liked the x-files episode where he plays a demon who gets completely owned by the lady demon

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

reminded me; lmao

though Mads as Doom could be kinda fun.

lmao

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I only watched dr strange because mads was in it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

adam west is the best batman and it isnt close

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mark whalberg

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
does anyone know how to search for the image of some old quiz question or something and the implication was “who of these three actors plays batman?” but since it was asked all three of them have played batman?

anyway next batman should be beyoncé

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXNaUDTLUak

the good poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
NMN you should watch that it's crazy

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SmokaDustbowl posted:

NMN you should watch that it's crazy

5+1 Steelbox DVD Set, been a long time since I watched them but yeah, good films. I should go check if there's a remaster in 1080p (or even 4K).

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

5+1 Steelbox DVD Set, been a long time since I watched them but yeah, good films. I should go check if there's a remaster in 1080p (or even 4K).

you rich fucker

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKYXebVoD-0

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

SmokaDustbowl posted:

you rich fucker

lmao it was about £30 when I bought it new in 2004, I just looked up what similar used sets are going for on eBay and :eyepop:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Sagebrush posted:

evil dead 2 was so fuckin good and bruce campbell had a unique talent that was never really taken full advantage of

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao it was about £30 when I bought it new in 2004, I just looked up what similar used sets are going for on eBay and :eyepop:

holy poo poo it's the mythical steel book collectors edition dvd that actually increased in value/was a collectors item!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
watched this movie called “the endless” and the ending confused me. it was scary at the start and i’m a massive pansy as is my gf so i’m glad it kinda got less scary

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

echinopsis posted:

watched this movie called “the endless” and the ending confused me. it was scary at the start and i’m a massive pansy as is my gf so i’m glad it kinda got less scary

I enjoyed the endless and its Cast of weirdos , but I'm a sucker for cosmic horror and time loops.
The ending is ambiguous, I liked it.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

holy poo poo it's the mythical steel book collectors edition dvd that actually increased in value/was a collectors item!
I had the briefcase dvd edition of Blade Runner, and made money on it when I sold it off to a used book/video place. and they generally only will give you 50% of what they try to sell for

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/criterion/status/1347930690977992710

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that time setting reminded me of After Hours which i first saw at around 1~3 am years and years ago and maintain is a good time to watch it or any other late night or early hours film

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

if you just get up for elf girl

mhmmmm

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
got in the mood to watch Tenet last night, rather than wait to see it in the theaters.

overall enjoyable, but jfc between this and Bane, Nolan is becoming the king of action mumblecore.

I finished the TV run of Tinker, Tailor and started up on Smiley's People, and there's a scene early on when two characters are whispering and the loving soundtrack is just layered over it. had to turn on the subtitles to see what they were saying, and it's you know an important bit of the setup.

mad about sound levels lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nolan was queried about the tenet mix and, paraphrased, "suck my dick thats exactly how i wanted it"

I didn't have a big problem with the sound myself

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

mad about sound levels lol
people will spend tons of money trying to fix this not knowing that turning up the center channel will usually make the music and everything else louder too. movies are mixed for reference level which is stupid

the idea of an actual controllable dialog level exists in AC4 but it's probably going to be years before you can do anything about it and I'm sure directors will find a way to gently caress it up

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
hell yeah

jpm ftw

Chris Knight posted:

I finished the TV run of Tinker, Tailor and started up on Smiley's People,
what did you think of ttss? have you watched the gary oldman 2 hour movie version?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

nolan was queried about the tenet mix and, paraphrased, "suck my dick thats exactly how i wanted it"

there just a couple of scenes where peeps are wearing masks that their dialog was hard to make out. like if I usually watch stuff with my TV set to 20, I popped it up to 24 and it was fine. I'm just a bit wary of annoying my upstairs neighbours with big shooty films, but I probably shouldn't actually be too worried lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I didn’t have any trouble understanding Bane but I had to turn the subtitles on for like 3 or 4 lines of dialogue in Tenet to understand them

rotor posted:

evil dead 2 was so fuckin good and bruce campbell had a unique talent that was never really taken full advantage of

cause he sucks to work with and everyone hates him, and he’s also not very good actually

indigi fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 10, 2021

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

in tenet there's also at least one scene where the character is talking backwards because he's inverted which isn't obvious the first time you see it and it completely fucks the brain's ability to link up the movement with the sound and makes it harder to interpret.

i had no problem with Bane at all, it was just funny

Jonny 290 posted:

I know it's actually bad an people have said he's a massive cock, but I do kind of respect Nolan for this. Same with insisting in cinema release and using actual film: "kiss my rear end I'm doing it my way".

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 9, 2021

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

the Nolan film that really confused me was Dunkirk when I saw it the first time because I missed the bit of text telling you it was all simultaneous at the beginning so i was *super * confused about what the gently caress was going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

what did you think of ttss? have you watched the gary oldman 2 hour movie version?
seen the Oldman version at least twice and loved it. this is my first time through the TV version, which makes it funny to remember some of the movies plot points and then sit there waiting for them lol. Smileys people seems to have more going on.