Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Some Guy TT posted:

i just learned that line tv appears to deal almost exclusively with gay boys love webdramas thats a very specific niche for a streaming service associated with a worldwide mainstream messenger application

apparently linetv has more intuitively appropriate content if youre like watching it from thailand but they only bother to pick up the international streaming rights for gay boys love webdramas

lol this rules

I had no idea that bl soaps were a thing in Thailand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Ignorant Hick posted:

The fact that the character even exists in the story is such egregious horseshit. Making her the one voice of reason working against the evil government suppressing information about the accident to save face when the reality was scientists from across the country working together to fix the disaster is so loving gross.

uh excuse me i think youll find that science is always just facts that all scientists agree on and never argue about

Ignorant Hick
Mar 26, 2010

Also that stupid Holodomor scene has the old lady in it directly compare the soldier trying to save her idiot life to the loving Nazi invaders.

Telling a PRIVATE CITIZEN to get away from a possible radiation hazard. Oh the authoritarian horror.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

if she's a nuclear physicist why is she hanging out in the dude's office instead of working with other scientists trying to fix it? Like one of them plane crash movies where the pilots are in a coma and the one guy who can fly the plane is calling his senator to bitch that everyone is gonna die.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Ignorant Hick posted:

Also that stupid Holodomor scene has the old lady in it directly compare the soldier trying to save her idiot life to the loving Nazi invaders.

Telling a PRIVATE CITIZEN to get away from a possible radiation hazard. Oh the authoritarian horror.

i dont think the writers even realized that having an old Ukrainian literally call it the holodomor meant that they were asking us to sympathize with an actual nazi

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/clmazin/status/1290431596290437120

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Craig Mazin is a massive tool. He and a group of showrunners tried to undermine a WGA strike from within about a year back.

Big shocker he's not a big fan of Communism!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

wait does she actually use the word holodomor despite the rest of the dialog presumably being in english

is holodomor even a word you can use naturally in spoken ukrainian like that would anybody in ukraine at that time have recognized it as a proper noun as opposed to just a generic word for starving to death

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Some Guy TT posted:

wait does she actually use the word holodomor despite the rest of the dialog presumably being in english
Yes.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Thanks to Chernobyl, i am glad I live in the good ol USA where a man in a uniform never uses violence to enforce the will of the state

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

only in soviet russia could shortsighted men in back rooms make secretive decisions that could result in the deaths of billions and the inevitable collapse of society

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/exxon-knew-about-climate-change-almost-40-years-ago/

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

The whole of Chernobyl basically boils down to this tweet:
the whole thing was about lions led by donkeys. This could've been a good point about Soviet bureaucracy and about the need to return to the more democratic communist roots, but instead it was just classcism and sympathising with nazis.

That's still the most sympathetic portrayal of the SU, however, simply by not portraying every inhabitant as either Ivan Drago or a monster straight from nazi propaganda.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

hey r mute do you have that political cartoon edit that depicts you as having isis thugs force bad posts down the throats of innocent goons ive been looking for that forever

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
powerful energy.

https://twitter.com/newbeverly/status/1347581002533597186?s=20

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

hey my reaction was exactly this

https://twitter.com/Tallarico/status/1347581521121538048?s=20

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/34eQxVG.mp4

i usually don't watch the sex ghost episode but it is really funny

this episode is so loving weird

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i've come around on sub rosa: it owns. sex ghosts are cool.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Egg Moron posted:

lmao who wrote this line

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Star Trek is so awful. I'd rather watch Friends

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Egg Moron posted:

There are some creepy rear end Troi/Crusher episodes. I don't remember if it was this episode or another one but Tori and Crusher are both having a conversation while doing yoga stretches in yoga outfits for no reason.

Apparently the reason Crusher didn't appear in the 2nd season was because she was being sexually harassed by a trek writer and refused to do the show.

AnimeIsTrash has issued a correction as of 03:00 on Jan 9, 2021

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Apparently the reason Crusher didn't appear in the 2nd season was because she was being sexually harassed by a trek writer and refused to do the show.
Jesus. :whitewater:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

indigi posted:

Star Trek is so awful. I'd rather watch Friends

you don't get poo poo like this on friends

https://i.imgur.com/dvao6cO.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/E15D6Np.mp4

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
what, you don't remember the episode where chandler's grandma got possessed by a ghost and zapped ross and phoebe?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

star trek and star wars don't hold a candle to gundam if we're being honest

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

star trek and star wars don't hold a candle to gundam if we're being honest

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Irish Wizard Grandma Sexghost

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

wizard episodes are some of the best star trek episodes

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There are some creepy rear end Troi/Crusher episodes. I don't remember if it was this episode or another one but Tori and Crusher are both having a conversation while doing yoga stretches in yoga outfits for no reason.

I did not realize women talking during yoga is creepy.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Loveshaft posted:

Now you do, never stop learning

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Now you do, never stop learning

Counterpoint: Learning has brought me nothing but sorrow and the more I learn, the more I hate being alive.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!
should have been riker and picard imo

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Tubgoat posted:

Counterpoint: Learning has brought me nothing but sorrow and the more I learn, the more I hate being alive.

i was just telling my mom about this perspective

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Egg Moron posted:

wizard episodes are some of the best star trek episodes

I like the wizards that are giant lazy floating heads

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MaKrMf3WTOM

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Loveshaft posted:

It's not, but a bunch of trek writers writing them swooning over dudes while doing yoga certainly does.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I like the wizards that are giant lazy floating heads

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MaKrMf3WTOM

i love that ending so much because it is like, that should be a civilization altering encounter

these fuckers can seamlessly intertwine organic minds with machines and transcend what is thought to be the speed limit at which matter can be conveyed through space

and they are just like "doo dee doo, we spent a week hanging out and they lent us some books and records and we are going to stay in touch"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!

Egg Moron posted:

i love that ending so much because it is like, that should be a civilization altering encounter

these fuckers can seamlessly intertwine organic minds with machines and transcend what is thought to be the speed limit at which matter can be conveyed through space

and they are just like "doo dee doo, we spent a week hanging out and they lent us some books and records and we are going to stay in touch"

seems pretty faithful to a bunch of 60s trust fund kids hanging out with some monks in East Asia tbh

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's not, but a bunch of trek writers writing them swooning over dudes while doing yoga certainly does.

My dude have you ever been to a gym?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Egg Moron posted:

The giant wizard head wanted the crew of the enterprise to construct a giant fancy pipe, fill it with hash, light it, and the put it in his mouth. He would then thoughtfully puff from it while making “mmm” and “ohhh” noises. Perhaps the occasional “ahhh.”

Picard said no, because smoking is bad for you.

Negotiations broke down from there.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

hey r mute do you have that political cartoon edit that depicts you as having isis thugs force bad posts down the throats of innocent goons ive been looking for that forever
you'd have to ask the politoons thread. im sure one of those nerds has it stashed away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

they could have just made it so that barclay merges with and takes over the ship in order to alter the deflector dish to open a subspace channel with enough bandwith for the head to appear in the ship instead of doing to ultra warp travel to the core of the galaxy

if these giant heads are wizards capable of manipulating and bending space and technology and biology to their own ends, why are not the giant heads kicking the borgs' rear end?