Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Maybe a little more ado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
VII remake justified splitting the thing up and made me ridiculously excited for the next installment.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Guardian crossword GOTY get in

I'm really excited to play FF7R this year when it gets a PC release

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Wow, my #4 game is #1, and my #1 was #2.

Both games are super deserving, though! Hooray for video games!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I am the contrarian gamer. The #1 GotY was absent from my list.

i literally went back and... and i removed it from my list. it made me feel so bad i couldn't justify putting it there when i wasn't having any fun with it.

i will try it again. maybe i will beat it. maybe not.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I knew you were gonna do it!!!

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Relax Or DIE posted:

come on vg just post bloodborne again

SNIPED

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bloody bore

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo the difference in points between 2 and 3

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kazzah posted:

if it's not watch dogs 3 i'll drink myself to death

Bad year for Ubi, both Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed failed to chart

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Kerrzhe posted:

i literally went back and... and i removed it from my list. it made me feel so bad i couldn't justify putting it there when i wasn't having any fun with it.

i will try it again. maybe i will beat it. maybe not.

I think it's okay to not enjoy it, not every game needs to be for every person!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
blood

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I HAD TO DO IT :D

THE AMAZING #1 AND GAME OF THE YEAR 2020

Star Phlatulence posted:

There is nothing I would change about this game.

Tempura Wizard posted:

the resulting product is one of the best months I've had absolutely devouring a game, bar none.

DMCrimson posted:

the right difficulty curve, satisfying progression system, and an impressive story in a roguelike situation.

Richlove posted:

Also, you have no heart if you don't pet Cerberus every time you are in the throne room.

New Super Metis posted:

Gorgeous design, fantastic music, a compelling gameplay loop, super-fun combat, great characters and a good, simple story. I spent all of October on Hades, and it was a fantastic distraction from what seemed like a never-ending lockdown. What more can I say? It’s my game of the year.

Senerio posted:

release a Dusa plushie.

Flavahbeast posted:

Very polished, cute and fun. I don't have anything bad to say about it, probably the best game released this year that I played

ChrisBTY posted:

Probably one of the most perfectly realized games from bell to bell I've ever played. (Almost) everything the game does just works on a fundamental level.

Wuggles posted:

This writeup says nothing of the performances, the music, the characters, the art, the effortless representation, the humane work culture that stood in contrast to some of the Gamer’s Games that released this year. Hades was a lock for GOTY until I played Like A Dragon, and still beat it out because Hades is the perfect version of itself.

Morphogenic96 posted:

A perfect marriage of narrative and action roguelike gameplay.

Ms Adequate posted:

Hades is the kind of game that gaming is for, it's why we wade through all the bad games and the buggy games and the corpo nonsense and triple-A poo poo. Because every now and then something like Hades comes along and reminds us "Oh gently caress, games can be incredible."

Walrus Pete posted:

Supergiant is a truly special indie studio and in my opinion Hades is their best work yet. drat near everything about this game is best-in-class. It even has a compelling story that takes the foibles of the roguelike/lite/whatever genre and makes them part of it.

achillesforever6 posted:

It has a very Civ "Just one more turn" itch for me that I can't scratch, plot & characters that in this shitshow of a year that really made things not as dour for me as they could. The fact Supergiant did this game with anti-crunch measures and treating their employees like human beings (though they should still unionize) is the cherry on top

Bad News Panda posted:

I'll keep it short because everyone's talked about Hades to death, but play Hades!

Garfield Hentai posted:

I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said in this thread over and over. Game rules.

01. Hades (Supergiant)
678 points. 85 votes in total. 28 times at #1. Average of 7.976

A re-entry! Early access version appeared last year in the #26 spot with 49 points. Amazing what a proper release can do for a title!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer publisher

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
and

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

2020 what a year

https://twitter.com/marlowedobbe/status/1345957974209036291

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-zAPydfP4

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rarity posted:

I can only speak to AssCreed, but Valhalla was a significant step back, imo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
DARKNESS

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Giving out GOTY probes quote me for one

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

15. Bloodborne (Fromsoft)
1000 points. 100 votes in total. 100 time at #1. Average of 10

Oh whoops. How embarassing. Sorry. How did this get here??? Ummm. Please bear with me.

Should have closed the thread after this imo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

VideoGames posted:

01. Hades (Supergiant)

mate

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/sunhilegend/status/1346503608163065856

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Hades really was something special

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Looper posted:

DARKNESS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy gently caress the difference in points between 1 & 2, it wasn't even remotely close :stare:

Also even though I had it lower on my list, it is thoroughly deserving of the #1 place. It's a magnificent game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Good dog

https://i.imgur.com/9YgASyp.mp4

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i hate that stupid stupid hydra!!!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I can't say I'm surprised. I didn't click with it the way a lot of goons did (I got the credits and stopped playing shortly after), but Hades was a pretty cool game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:toot: Congrats Hades

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man the point difference is utterly insane

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hades didn't make my top ten mostly because I went too hard on it and burned out before getting the epilogue which meant I ended on a sour note but it's a drat good game

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

breaking rule #4 if you liked tlou2 that's cool imo please use 2021 to gain some taste outside YA lit

VG excellent work now please get some rest

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Good, indie beats AAA yet again

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

put a puni in mine tia

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jerusalem posted:

Holy gently caress the difference in points between 1 & 2, it wasn't even remotely close :stare:

Also even though I had it lower on my list, it is thoroughly deserving of the #1 place. It's a magnificent game.

Closer than last year, but yeah, gooncensus rolls like that

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo I knew the game was beautiful but seeing it in slow-motion like this.... :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
VideoGames thank you so much for your amazing work!!!!! This was a lot of fun and Bloodborne will always be 1 in our hearts :3: