Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

ADINSX posted:

went for a ~3 mile jog in the freezing rain because its Seattle and that's what you do and now is a relatively nice sunny afternoon :rant:

absolute same in all respects wow except tuesday and it was ok in the morning and lovely later. rip. did the same run today at 45s/mi faster pace :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matti
Mar 31, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhl5K0mTSKY

the yospos theme song

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I did Ring Fit for the first time in forever and boy did it wipe me out (i'm baby)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have lost 12 lbs since august

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

absolute same in all respects wow except tuesday and it was ok in the morning and lovely later. rip. did the same run today at 45s/mi faster pace :sun:

I did a boxing class before realizing how nice it would be today. Getting really tired of shadowboxing but they just announced my gym would be reopening including open gym, which has been closed for a year :c00l:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I think the gyms around here are somewhat open? I always a small number of cars in the lot.

I'm sure it's better at smaller gyms but at the larger chains people are absolutely disgusting and don't wipe anything down so i'm very nervous about going back.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Maybe they're closed again, I know Inslee reissued a lockdown a couple months ago.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Maybe they're closed again, I know Inslee reissued a lockdown a couple months ago.

yeah gyms in WA are closed

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol at the thouht of going to a gym in the united states

e: DURING A PANDEMIC I MEAN DANGIT STOP LAUGHING!!!!

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

The boxing gym was open all summer. We had to sign in, take temperature, wear masks through the entire class, etc. The gym had two giant warehouse doors and those were always open for fresh air, and we did as much outside as we could. Also all the equipment we used was sanitized afterwards (medicine balls, etc, that's why no open gym since it would be impossible to keep everything sanitary).

We didn't have a single case until right before the re-lockdown in November when cases were going up across the country, and that was just an alert that someone who had been in had tested positive, no idea if it was transmitted at the gym, the masks really do seem to work.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just did some bench presses and some bent-over rows

feels good

I had a lot of success with Stronglifts 5x5 and then I tried a bunch of other poo poo but I've gone back to it coz its simple and I can do the exercises at home and and and

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i went out and rode my bike for the first time since november and it was p deece though i'm much weaker now and i became even more of a fat gently caress over christmas so now i've gotta lose that :smith:
might look into doing some yoga at home but i'm a bit afraid of loving myself up without a teacher present.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

I just did some bench presses and some bent-over rows

feels good

I had a lot of success with Stronglifts 5x5 and then I tried a bunch of other poo poo but I've gone back to it coz its simple and I can do the exercises at home and and and

5x5 owns

how do you do squats at home tho? do you have a power rack?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nah just this kind of thing. and a bench

I had a cage for a while but it was soooo big

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

I bought some resistance bands in hopes I could do my old routine of Back/Biceps, Chest/Triceps, Legs/Shoulders/Abs/Misc for MWF respectively. However my doors do way too much stretching when being used as anchor points that I don't feel comfortable using them in this rent house.

Anyone have any good places for resistance band workouts using little to no anchor points?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

syntaxrigger posted:

I bought some resistance bands in hopes I could do my old routine of Back/Biceps, Chest/Triceps, Legs/Shoulders/Abs/Misc for MWF respectively. However my doors do way too much stretching when being used as anchor points that I don't feel comfortable using them in this rent house.

Anyone have any good places for resistance band workouts using little to no anchor points?

You can yourself as an anchor for most things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfSoC-IZMOI

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Thank you I'll check this out!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I fell and hurt my back pretty bad so I'm behind schedule on setting up stuff in the basement, but Amazon is now hitting me with ads for lat pulldown cable machines that you can mount on the squat rack and I'm once again salivating at getting one or even two to turn into a row machine

hopefully I didn't crack my back, I have a ski trip coming up in 5 weeks.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

RustyKnight posted:

I want to start biking again in spring but I can already feel my inability to follow routines loving me over, also planning on some mountain hiking in march, for now I'm just running around forests shooting airsoft guns few times a month and walking everywhere instead of using car or public transport, not much but it's something, right?
Mountain biking rules. I started it up again once COVID shut down all the climbing gyms. I live in Kent in the UK so I'm not exactly surrounded by huge mountains or anything but I've had a ton of fun exploring and found loads of trails in woods and stuff near me to do a little noob-level shredding.

Riding in the mud is still fun but man I can't wait for spring

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.
booked some gym time tonight. Can't let the risk of covid keep me down forever, especially since I have Hank Hill-rear end genetics. Or Hank Hill rear end-genetics. I'm not going to start wearing suspenders, that's for sure

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

toiletbrush posted:

Mountain biking rules. I started it up again once COVID shut down all the climbing gyms. I live in Kent in the UK so I'm not exactly surrounded by huge mountains or anything but I've had a ton of fun exploring and found loads of trails in woods and stuff near me to do a little noob-level shredding.

Thank you for the landscape reference. Keep em coming

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Nevergirls posted:

I'm not going to start wearing suspenders, that's for sure
if rotor can make it work, so can you!

also welcome back to the 'pos, n.g.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i just walked the abel tasman coast track, 45km in 3 days. sore as poo poo rn, especially my feet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what? my gf is walking it as we speak

mate was it hot or what?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it was like 22-25 every day, was all g. maybe your gf was in our group - did she go with wilson’s tour company?

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.
Gym was totally empty. You know what that means: curls in the squat rack baby

FMguru posted:

also welcome back to the 'pos, n.g.
Probably not the poster you remember since I was wntd before a name swap thread, and I logged off an unremembered amount of time later. But yeah, kind of wild to see the forums still… exist.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gentle Autist posted:

it was like 22-25 every day, was all g. maybe your gf was in our group - did she go with wilson’s tour company?

nah today was her first day, arrived last night.

idk what it is, something where you dont take your pack. she got gifted it and I was too lame to go coz i had commitments like work ffs

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

yeah that’s what we did. it owned. you stay in nice lodges and they provide all the food amd the food is really good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmm I think i'll sleep better if I assume it sucks

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i hear it's tons of fun, way more fun than working in a pharmacy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:negative:

yeah just had a poorly connected video chat with gf. it looks poo poo

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

toiletbrush posted:

extremely cool

Gentle Autist posted:

i just walked the abel tasman coast track, 45km in 3 days. sore as poo poo rn, especially my feet

also extremely cool

Way cooler than what I'm doing, though I do have 3 boxing classes in a row starting tomorrow, since in person stuff is back in Seattle (masked up and distanced, of course)

I did take a quick motorcycle ride today though to enjoy the weather, not really relevant to this thread but uh I had to heave the bike out of the muddy back yard so that counts as exercise right?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i've been ring fitting for a week now and it's pretty fun, pretty easy to keep playing it

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

Never could stick with journaling. Trying to keep it simple this time around.

Pro tip: if you've gotten fat and are restarting weights, be careful doing any sort of clean or snatch motion, because you can hit yourself in the gut with the bar and it will hurt.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

all my worst injuries from the last several years are from overtraining or gym mistakes. pay attention to your form it matters

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

PokeJoe posted:

i've been ring fitting for a week now and it's pretty fun, pretty easy to keep playing it

yaaaay :buddy:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

did some yoga this morning, it was good

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

my chakras are opened and I am once again ready to touch computers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hallelubuddha

Adbot