Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Ah, i was operating under the belief that Marley was, like, the only surviving civilization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

The people of Marley, which is the nation that cast out all of our protagonists from the rest of the series.

We don't know their enemies

Not quite. The People of Paradis just left Marley. And Marley has been sending stray Titans at them for years after that.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Why did you even run out there dude? She seems pretty capable of getting herself out of trouble

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Oh poo poo they kept the eyecatches this time

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Wow we got a bumper

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

JT Jag posted:

Ah, i was operating under the belief that Marley was, like, the only surviving civilization

look, it's a long story, but the short version is that titans are not that big of a problem in the rest of the world

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

did anyone screengrab that eyecatch?

^^^ ah sweet, thanks

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Argus Zant posted:

look, it's a long story, but the short version is that titans are not a problem in the rest of the world

Well they are a problem in that Marley uses them as weapons.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So if that text blurb was accurate, Marley overthrew the Eldians then used the remanining Titans to pick fights with all the other countries?

god Marley sucks

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So if that text blurb was accurate, Marley overthrew the Eldians then used the remanining Titans to pick fights with all the other countries?

god Marley sucks

"Marley: A Military Dictatorship."

That alone says they suck.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

god Marley sucks
When they aren't using the Titans to disrupt the ghetto they threw most of the Eldians into, at least.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Reminder that the unique Titans are transferrable and have a time limit of 13 years, so with the 4 year time skip Zeke and Reiner are near the end of the lifespan.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I do not like this timeskip and/or cut to a bunch of new cast members that we're doing, I'd rather just see what Eren and the rest of the crew are doing.

e: oh so it is a timeskip.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I REALLY hope we find out what Zeke’s deal is and how he got to be the way he is now before this season/series is over

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They way I see it, these days there's a war on, right? And ages ago, there wasn't a war on, right? So, there must've been a moment when there-not-being-a-war-on went away, and there-being-a-war-on came along. What I want to know is, how did we get from the one case of affairs to the other case of affairs?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Argus Zant posted:

look, it's a long story, but the short version is that titans are not that big of a problem in the rest of the world

So they have been sending their big important Titans as these guys that said "just leave us the gently caress alone" while they were in the middle of a war with at least one other country. They are down to 5 now

Marley doesn't sound very smart

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

They way I see it, these days there's a war on, right? And ages ago, there wasn't a war on, right? So, there must've been a moment when there-not-being-a-war-on went away, and there-being-a-war-on came along. What I want to know is, how did we get from the one case of affairs to the other case of affairs?

if you have a superweapon like titans/Phazon Pirates, you don't go around just NOT using them

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

I do not like this timeskip and/or cut to a bunch of new cast members that we're doing, I'd rather just see what Eren and the rest of the crew are doing.

We will see.

JT Jag posted:

When they aren't using the Titans to disrupt the ghetto they threw most of the Eldians into, at least.

Nah Eldians are just taken out of the Interment zone to serve as cannon fodder in their wars. And Criminals sent to Paridis island to Harass it's walls after being transformed into Pure Titans.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nah Eldians are just taken out of the Interment zone to serve as cannon fodder in their wars. And Criminals sent to Paridis island to Harass it's walls after being transformed into Pure Titans.
I was referring to Paridis when I was talking about "the ghetto they threw most of the Eldians in"

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

the Codex Astartes refers to this maneuvere as "Steel Rain"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Funky Valentine posted:

Mareley has been in constant wars forever. We just have not seen them.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

It's raining men! Hallelujah!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JT Jag posted:

I was referring to Paridis when I was talking about "the ghetto they threw most of the Eldians in"

Paridis was just were the Eldian King and his followers went to, when the King got tired of running an Empire. Then wiped his people's memory of there ever being anyone outside.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
seems like they could have just done the titan drop right off

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

so Titans do take fall damage

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I'm so sick of all these WALLS!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

so did Reiner get his schizophrenia under control during the timeskip

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Polygynous posted:

without being distracted by the ground assault, they would have presumably sighted the zeppelin and shot the poo poo out of it before it got into range

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
BAH GAWD THAT'S THE ARMORED TITAN'S MUSIC

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Polygynous posted:

They have big guns already but the train guns were worst. But oh no! THEY HAVE ANOTHER TRAIN

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
oh they can actually hurt them, nm

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TwoPair posted:

BAH GAWD THAT'S THE ARMORED TITAN'S MUSIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K07yVtzioI

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Why is there always poo poo for this guy to throw? Is that his skill? I kinda figured he just picked up rocks and poo poo the first time because thats' what was around and would gently caress people up thrown at high speeds.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

So it feels like, outside of Paradis, technology has advanced to the point that Titans are starting to lose a bit of their tactical value

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

So it feels like, outside of Paradis, technology has advanced to the point that Titans are starting to lose a bit of their tactical value

Danger Island is going to get its rear end savagely beaten, considering they don't even have high explosives or rifled gun barrels

or a navy, for that matter

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
wow this music sucks too? drat shame

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

JT Jag posted:

Big new in WAR today. It's been discovered that Titans of Marley are weak to train guns. The governor lady said "I"M SENDING IN MORE TRAIN GUNS"

Edit: Is that Midnight Train going anywhere?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
ED sucks too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I know that headshape and hair.