Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

JT Jag posted:

Alright, last Attack on Titan question for the night: does the series ever address why they had like 5 of their most valuable assets just hang out on spying missions in Paradis without any further military support, unsurprisingly leading to the loss of several of them

it was, i believe, meant to be a covert ops thing where they were supposed to A)Infiltrate Paradis and find out what military technology they had/what the political situation was (hence why one of Bigfoot's first appearances was him jacking a 3DMG unit, and B)Weakening their defences and generally sabotaging their society to make an actual military invasion easier (hence why the first episode of the series is Brock Lesnar & Colossus Atlas destroying the outer walls).

mind you, that's just what I suspect/have been lead to believe, because I don't think the rationale for their mission has actually been brought up or adressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhonne posted:

Kirito is just a god at this point.

He's basically Neo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhonne posted:

Oh he can fly now too.

WHAT?

Apparently this makes total sense in the light novel. That does not make it okay though I agree.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Administrator gave Yugioh ALOT of extra powers for the 2 seconds he was evil okay? And now him and Kirito are fused together so now he can fly OKAY?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

He's basically Neo.

Now that I think about it this is extremely apt

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I don't know why i am always suprised to hear Matt Mercer in this every time he talks.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Argus Zant posted:

it was, i believe, meant to be a covert ops thing where they were supposed to A)Infiltrate Paradis and find out what military technology they had/what the political situation was (hence why one of Bigfoot's first appearances was him jacking a 3DMG unit, and B)Weakening their defences and generally sabotaging their society to make an actual military invasion easier (hence why the first episode of the series is Brock Lesnar & Colossus Atlas destroying the outer walls).

mind you, that's just what I suspect/have been lead to believe, because I don't think the rationale for their mission has actually been brought up or adressed
This sorta makes sense but makes Marley seem kinda incompetent to me (shocking, I know), you'd think they would imbed a network of other informants so that their Titan trump cards wouldn't have to take on all the risk.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yet another example of Rath/the JSDF having the absolute worst security measures. Shoot the console to disable all blocks

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Apparently this makes total sense in the light novel. That does not make it okay though I agree.

he used noclip in the console

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Why would you design it like that?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

IT'LL DAMAGE THEIR FUCKLIGHTS

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

JT Jag posted:

This sorta makes sense but makes Marley seem kinda incompetent to me (shocking, I know), you'd think they would imbed a network of other informants so that their Titan trump cards wouldn't have to take on all the rest.

When the King left he basically threatened them with "hey i've got like 100 titans in these walls if you gently caress with us i'll unleash them all!" Which is why they probably didn't really mess with them/have a set up for this kind of thing until now.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Kirito simply log off!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Who keep shouting "log off" at me. I will never log off!

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
How are they talking in real time while time accelerates

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

200 years in underworld in a state of sensory deprivation?

Like Kirito just did to that guy?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

You could simply log out at the terminal or maybe kill yourselfs. Whichever is more convient

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
hey we need a totally plausible time limit or this would just be stupid, what you got

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We have very little time, so let's sit around talking a bunch.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

God remember when Asuna had maybe a little bit of agency and the powers of a literal goddess? That didn't last long did it?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Gotta go fast Kirito.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh right Saber is here.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Level Seven posted:

How are they talking in real time while time accelerates

Time hasn't accelerated yet, they've got like ~12 minutes before the time acceleration kicks on

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The gently caress you going on about Alice?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dragons: Well she told us to go make babies and she didn't say we coulden't do it with each other soooo...eh? :wink:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alright we have ten minutes to kill Zephiel, gotta pad out those last few episodes somehow.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

So when time accelerates treedude will be even more braindead than he already would have been when he got out of that, lmao

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What happened to sniper girl?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
remember when kirito was just a powergamer who had more levels than everyone else and was really good at a particular skillset

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Rhonne posted:

What happened to sniper girl?

Still in that ditch

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

She's bleeding to death in a ditch right now missing an arm and a leg so she can't exactly swoon over Kirito at the moment.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

JT Jag posted:

remember when kirito was just a powergamer who had more levels than everyone else and was really good at a particular skillset

well he was the only player that could dual wield which I will never not find hilarious

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The Shame Boy posted:

She's bleeding to death in a ditch right now missing an arm and a leg so she can't exactly swoon over Kirito at the moment.

Too bad she missed Kirito's magic limb regrowing rain.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Shame Boy posted:

You could simply log out at the terminal or maybe kill yourselfs. Whichever is more convient

No they can only log out at the terminal because logging out via killing yourself is disabled because time acceleration has been activated even though it isn't actually on. This whole system/game is designed by morons.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The Shame Boy posted:

Spoken like someone who’s never seen a second of SAO

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

TwoPair posted:

This whole series is written by morons.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

The Shame Boy posted:

That's just not trying hard enough.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

TwoPair posted:

No they can only log out at the terminal because logging out via killing yourself is disabled because time acceleration has been activated even though it isn't actually on. This whole system/game is designed by morons.

I thought he said they could try killing themselves but it would be riskier?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

WERE STILL ON A BOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm starting to hate whistle man.

Also you kids are dorks.