Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Queued the fix for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Cheers, friends

hoppits
Jan 21, 2017

Thanks for the app now I can finally waste all my data browsing and reading the something awful forums on the go.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Daaamn the new update is smooth as gently caress. I am shitposting at the speed of light.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

smoobles posted:

Daaamn the new update is smooth as gently caress. I am shitposting at the speed of light.

Hot drat the code scrolling issue I found is fixed and smoove as buddah.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Experiencing fairly consistent crashes in the PYF tweets thread, almost certainly due to Twitter and not you, but felt you should know.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I've just scrolled though a few pages of it with no issues

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

ArcMage posted:

Experiencing fairly consistent crashes in the PYF tweets thread, almost certainly due to Twitter and not you, but felt you should know.

Annoy ArcMage patch works

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
If only all devs could be so consistent.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
For some reason i'm only seeing FYAD on the forum list. Did i mess something up in the app?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

For some reason i'm only seeing FYAD on the forum list. Did i mess something up in the app?

Press the star in the top right to see all forums instead of just the ones you've favourited.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Jabor posted:

Press the star in the top right to see all forums instead of just the ones you've favourited.

Golly i'm dumb.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I just figured out after years of using the app that you can read long thread titles by dragging on them horizontally :psyduck:

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

TheAardvark posted:

I just figured out after years of using the app that you can read long thread titles by dragging on them horizontally :psyduck:

Thanks for the tip!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
so far I have not seen a new thread button implemented on mobile and I am here to say never add a new thread button on mobile

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
can't wait until we can browse the front page

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

other people posted:

can't wait until we can browse the front page

The what?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Sjs00 posted:

so far I have not seen a new thread button implemented on mobile and I am here to say never add a new thread button on mobile

And so it is decided

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Great devs, incredibly responsive to feature requests from users

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

ArcMage posted:

Same, but in the trump lol and riot threads in GBS.

Samsung Galaxy S20

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
OP any interest in publishing Awful on F-Droid?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Weaponized Autism posted:

Don't be a weirdo

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Weaponized Autism posted:

I mean, I appreciate F-Droid for what it offers, but they already throw up warnings for any monetized services whether or not they require a paid account.

Since you can't register or even access the forums while unregistered via the app, wouldn't they just kick it out or hide it or something? I don't know their publishing process so I'm honestly curious.

Edit: username/post combo :haw:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Couldn't the kind of person who'd want to use F-Droid just pull the releases off of Github?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

LastInLine posted:

Couldn't the kind of person who'd want to use F-Droid just pull the releases off of Github?

That's what I did when I used replicant

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

ephex posted:

Same, but in the trump lol and riot threads in GBS.

Samsung Galaxy S20

Same issue, Trump lol thread as well. Started with the hockey thread in SAS after the season started now that there are a lot of tweets. Definitely a Twitter embed issue.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra T-Mobile firmware in case that matters.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

S10e here and rebooting seems to have fixed it.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm seeing some odd behaviour with thread icons using the OLED theme. As I scroll through the icons sometimes turn slightly darker. The pattern isn't random, it's as though there's particular regions of the screen that produce the effect.

It doesn't affect any other elements and isn't present with any other theme so I'm pretty sure my screen isn't dying. It's a minor issue and it could be something on my end but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

OnePlus 3 on Android 9, app ver 3.8.1

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Here's a clear example where it's affected the bottom icon but not the top one.

Possible solution: stop reading the UK D&D thread

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Random questions/suggestions I have, that have probably been brought up:

Scheduled themes? My phone has scheduled dark mode which is awesome, and my reddit app does scheduled theme changes. I'd love if Awful could switch to OLED in the evening someday

Disappearing thread titles/page indicators? This only became an issue now that I'm not a gently caress-huge phone. It's not as bad as my Pixel 2 (non-xl) but it's be nice having extra screen real estate if the title bar and/or page indicators slid away when scrolling down

Pull to refresh on thread list pages? I feel like this was answered a long time ago but I always forget I have to tap the arrow on the off chance I have to change pages on a subforum

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Disappearing thread titles/page indicators? This only became an issue now that I'm not a gently caress-huge phone. It's not as bad as my Pixel 2 (non-xl) but it's be nice having extra screen real estate if the title bar and/or page indicators slid away when scrolling down
It isn't quite the same, but you could try immersive mode in the advanced settings to get some extra screen space.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Scheduled themes? My phone has scheduled dark mode which is awesome, and my reddit app does scheduled theme changes. I'd love if Awful could switch to OLED in the evening someday

I've brought this up before, and would also like this feature. Just have the user set a "light" theme and a "dark" theme, and have it follow the system UI theme in Android. Plenty of other apps do this now, and it's awesome. Would love to have I switch themes automatically on sunset etc.

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
Speaking of dark mode, I hate the black smear from the Twitter embeds being set to 'lights out.' I think I'd prefer the option to set them to Twitter's 'dim' mode, even though the dark blue would kinda look like a read post.
If it's possible to actually customize the color of the twitter embeds to be dark grey like the background between posts that would be cool, but we're probably limited to Twitter's baked in settings right?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I might just be an idiot and can't find it, but how do you make a new thread with the app?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You can't make a thread with the app.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

YggiDee posted:

It's for the best, really

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

YggiDee posted:

Boooooo

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

YggiDee posted:

Did you not get the premium version?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Awfuler.apk platinum DX

It just bans you immediately when you log in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Awfuler.apk platinum DX

It just bans you immediately when you log in

It lets you post threads but the tag is hard coded to ban me and doesn’t let you change it.