Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I've never been able to dip into other threads besides the blu-ray one very much because there's already too much information in them to just jump in. Plus a lot of them move too fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thanks!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

I am that particular broke brain. And I even have HBO Max, which makes it worse. Though I did finally watch Cronos about a week ago and that ruled. But yeah mainly I just don't feel like I can engage with movies so I don't watch them nearly as often.

I'm constantly like "oh, it's two hours I don't have the patience for two hours of a movie" and then binge 3-5 hours of a single tv show.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Skwirl posted:

I'm constantly like "oh, it's two hours I don't have the patience for two hours of a movie" and then binge 3-5 hours of a single tv show.

This is me but with asinine youtube pabulum. To be fair to myself though I’m mentally near exhaustion 6 days a week

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I do this too, but engaging with a show and a movie are two different things for me. I'm not saying that tv is the lesser medium it's not. It's a different medium. Plus if something happens with a show where I fall asleep watching it that's no big deal I just go back to it. Falling asleep during a movie is what I consider a hell worthy trespass so if I feel even remotely tired I won't watch a movie and I'm just tired all the time now. A tv show is meant to be seen in parts, a movie typically is not.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I, Butthole posted:

Hey friendos, do you have any particularly inspirational/insightful quotes from directors you could share? I'm starting to figure out some classroom materials for my new job teaching film and need some film-related wall stuff to hang around, and want to break away from infographics and junk.

I was looking for more horrific Herzog quotes, but I found some that would actually be insightful for amateur filmmakers.

And then if you use a bunch of Herzog quotes, randomly replace one of them with these after a couple weeks and see how long it takes anyone to notice

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

In son of the mask is Jamie Kennedy the son of Jim Carrey or did the mask have its own son (a smaller mask)?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
You'll have to watch to find out!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Franchescanado posted:

I appreciate everyone congratulating Debbie Does Dagon and MacheteZombie on their new stardom as CineD Mods.

This is gonna be a little transition period, as I plan to step own as CineD Mod once they're comfortable with the positions.

There's nothing in my personal life that I have to take care of; no forums drama has scared me off; I'm mentally and physically fine. I just know that, like any other elected position, there should be turnover to keep things fresh and moving in a positive, progressive way.

I have really enjoyed being CineD mod, through the bad and good. It's been an interesting, helluva run. I want to thank anyone and everyone who took the time to write me a kind or supportive PM or helped me out. I hope you continue to show the same support--or more!--to DDD and MZ.

I plan to stick around CineD, the SA forums, so there's no goodbyes needed. I plan to keep running some of the Horror Challenge threads, and I'll probably assist with trying to make Movie of the Month catch on more (this month is Crumb, and it rules!). And I'll also be around in the discord still.

Thanks for trusting me to mod for as long as I did!

You were cherished and you will be missed.

But the new folks seem cool too so come join the rabble. It’s fun down here.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

In son of the mask is Jamie Kennedy the son of Jim Carrey or did the mask have its own son (a smaller mask)?

Jamie Kennedy's son was conceived while Jamie Kennedy was wearing the mask, which is why his son has mask powers.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

I, Butthole posted:

Hey friendos, do you have any particularly inspirational/insightful quotes from directors you could share? I'm starting to figure out some classroom materials for my new job teaching film and need some film-related wall stuff to hang around, and want to break away from infographics and junk.

How did you get into that? It sounds like a dream to me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

banned from Starbucks posted:

Well forums poster banned from Starbucks, when a mommy mask and a daddy make love each other very much...

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Herzog's words are fascinating, but it's the background images that really elevate them to art.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

Herzog's words are fascinating, but it's the background images that really elevate them to art.

I got them all from here
https://quotes.thefamouspeople.com/werner-herzog-3170.php
there's like another 12

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

King.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I, Butthole posted:

What age group are you teaching?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Waters is a true gem. I really hope he does his Christmas stage show again.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Skwirl posted:

What age group are you teaching?

God as much as I'd love to use CPL's Roddenberry and the Waters quote, this is for high school, so 14-17. I'm sure there's an appropriate-ish Waters quote I can find, though.

Coffee And Pie posted:

How did you get into that? It sounds like a dream to me.

Thankfully Film, TV and New Media is a QCE/ATAR recognised subject (a requirement for students to get into university) so it's available to most secondary schools around Australia - I just finished my Bach Ed/Arts dual degree where you major in the subject areas you want to teach (so I chose Film and English) at the end of last year (when my posting dropped off a cliff) and managed to get a job that is most likely all going to be film subjects, thank god.

e: also thanks to Fran for watching over this lil corner of the internet

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Franchescanado posted:

I appreciate everyone congratulating Debbie Does Dagon and MacheteZombie on their new stardom as CineD Mods.

This is gonna be a little transition period, as I plan to step own as CineD Mod once they're comfortable with the positions.

There's nothing in my personal life that I have to take care of; no forums drama has scared me off; I'm mentally and physically fine. I just know that, like any other elected position, there should be turnover to keep things fresh and moving in a positive, progressive way.

I have really enjoyed being CineD mod, through the bad and good. It's been an interesting, helluva run. I want to thank anyone and everyone who took the time to write me a kind or supportive PM or helped me out. I hope you continue to show the same support--or more!--to DDD and MZ.

I plan to stick around CineD, the SA forums, so there's no goodbyes needed. I plan to keep running some of the Horror Challenge threads, and I'll probably assist with trying to make Movie of the Month catch on more (this month is Crumb, and it rules!). And I'll also be around in the discord still.

Thanks for trusting me to mod for as long as I did!

You were the best mod this place ever had. :patriot:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I, Butthole posted:

God as much as I'd love to use CPL's Roddenberry and the Waters quote, this is for high school, so 14-17. I'm sure there's an appropriate-ish Waters quote I can find, though.
Could you get away with this one?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

I, Butthole posted:

Thankfully Film, TV and New Media is a QCE/ATAR recognised subject (a requirement for students to get into university) so it's available to most secondary schools around Australia - I just finished my Bach Ed/Arts dual degree where you major in the subject areas you want to teach (so I chose Film and English) at the end of last year (when my posting dropped off a cliff) and managed to get a job that is most likely all going to be film subjects, thank god.

e: also thanks to Fran for watching over this lil corner of the internet

Gotta get to Australia!

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
*Kramer's into thread*

Machete zombie and Debbie Does Dagon are mods now!

Grats you two :cheers:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

One of you dweebs will probably know this. Has the Josh Trank cut of Fantastic Four ever been leaked?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
No.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

One of you dweebs will probably know this. Has the Josh Trank cut of Fantastic Four ever been leaked?

The told him to gently caress off before he finished filming.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

The told him to gently caress off before he finished filming.

I knew that much but apparently there was some cut of the movie he presented the studio with.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Well Magic Magic sure is a lot different than the previews made it look. Still p dece tho with a out of left field ending i didnt see coming. anyone else see this?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
My bum knee is aching like crazy from the cold, so I can’t sleep and i’m watching Predator 2 on Starz, which I haven’t seen in ages.

It’s also got the most crowded goddamn police station I think i’ve ever seen in a movie. Like they turned up the busy movie police station trope to 11.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jan 12, 2021

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gonz posted:

My bum knee is aching like crazy from the cold, so I can’t sleep and i’m watching Predator 2 on Starz, which I haven’t seen in ages.

It’s also got the most crowded goddamn police station I think i’ve ever seen in a movie. Like they turned up the busy movie police station trope to 11.

Every time I think about that police station I get the urge to do a side-by-side watching with Last Action Hero' police station scenes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Grendels Dad posted:

Every time I think about that police station I get the urge to do a side-by-side watching with Last Action Hero' police station scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvfGrYg9cI0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1kpJvCSpvM

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

I, Butthole posted:

"The thing I find about the movie industry is that 99 percent of the people are absolute scum. They're horrible people, they really are. Very nasty killer rabbits who hate movies. But the other 1 percent are really the greatest, most wonderful people in the world."
– Lloyd Kaufman

"Perhaps it sounds ridiculous, but the best thing that young filmmakers should do is to get hold of a camera and some film and make a movie of any kind at all."
– Stanley Kubrick

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gonz posted:

Remember, that movie was set in the "future" of 1997 (it came out in 1990). Kind of like how Robocop portrayed Detroit as a hell hole of the future, that's what Predator 2 was saying of LA.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I rewatch Predator 2 just as often as Predator. It really is a great sequel. Looks great on UHD too.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

yoohoo posted:

Trying to critique this dumb movie made me feel even dumber. One of my friends really liked Dark Fate and was asking me what I didn't like about it and I didn't even have the words to describe to him how truly awful the movie is, other than repeatedly saying everything about it is loving stupid and poorly done.

I keep trying to figure out why it's so dumb, but my brain screams nonstop once I get to "the T-800 that killed John Connor and grew a conscience without removing its inhibitor chip can feel when people do time travel."

Like, I get it, it's a sci-fi time travel movie and poking fun at the story or plot holes is a really low bar, but I can't get over it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQOJZ-QzBk

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bruce Willis Reportedly Asked to Leave Los Angeles Rite Aid for Refusing to Wear Mask

Bruce Willis is a dumb bastard

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Is Bruce Willis an rear end in a top hat, or is he just too lazy to put on a mask??

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Bruce Willis is a notorious rear end in a top hat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Is Bruce Willis an rear end in a top hat, or is he just too lazy to put on a mask??

feedmyleg posted:

Bruce Willis is a notorious rear end in a top hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKOQWbTdxy8

He's notoriously lazy as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Yeah, I was riffing on his recent tendency to use a body double whenever the director doesn't need to see his face.