Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Big round dog beds seem to be gone now, at least in my local. Weird rectangle ones now that are more expensive and less soft. My dog hated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I got asked to upgrade my membership to Executive while using my Executive Citi Card...

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Trastion posted:

I got asked to upgrade my membership to Executive while using my Executive Citi Card...

I've been asked a few times if I'm an executive member but that was prior to checking out. They see your membership status on the screen when you scan.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mustard Iceman posted:

Big round dog beds seem to be gone now, at least in my local. Weird rectangle ones now that are more expensive and less soft. My dog hated it.

the dog beds are different just about everytime i go. they usually just have one or two sizes which may or may not work. sometimes theyre a good deal sometimes not.. i only buy cheap ones cause our pets will inevitably ruin them somehow within a year or so time

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Mustard Iceman posted:

We have a couple of the big round ones and they are at the foot of the bed. Thought about the big square ones but at twice the price I balked. Maybe if they can't move em all I can be there the 5 minutes they are still available and discounted.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

IMHO these were the best costco dog beds:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
I have one of th rectangular ones that's maybe 18 inches by 30 inches and my dog doesn't like it, would rather sleep on the sherpa I keep under the table. Too firm / not soft enough I guess.

My cat seems to like it though.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I've been asked a few times if I'm an executive member but that was prior to checking out. They see your membership status on the screen when you scan.

Yeah she told me I flagged to upgrade and I told her I already was and showed her my card again. She said I should stop at the courtesy desk to make sure everything is alright but there was a long line and I was not about to wait around.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Gaius Marius posted:

You can throw some water in a glass and plop the green onions on a windowsill and they'll keep growing. Usually get a couple weeks outta then that way. Tomatoes are bullshit right now though. You have to buy the greenhouse grown ones, otherwise they're flavorless mush that rots in a day

The concerto grape tomatoes are great like 11 out of 12 months of the year.

Is there seriously another run on TP again?

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 11, 2021

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Hasselblad posted:

The concerto grape tomatoes are great like 11 out of 12 months of the year.

That same company's "Cameo" cherry tomatoes on the vine are much better, but my local Costco doesn't seem to carry them any longer. I saw it in stock once, just at the start of the pandemic. :sigh:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
costco chicken pot pie for dinner :getin:

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Just an FYI, saw in a different thread that the Kirkland protein bars have been reformulated which resulted in significant nutrition changes. Looks like they now contain corn and less tapioca. Reduces the fiber and increases the net carbs.

The website listings confirm this, but I haven’t been to the store in person yet to see what’s in stock at the local stores. The images of the box on the website have some wording about changed nutrition, but I know I might have missed it if not called out here.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Man gently caress corn.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
are those the protein bars that come 3 kinds to a blue box ones chocolate chip ones chocolate peanut butter and the other is chocolate uh chocolate ? ive never seen explicitly kirkland/costco branded ones at my store

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-protein-bars-cookie-dough-and-chocolate-brownie-20-count%2C-2-pack.product.100655710.html

That is what we are talking about. The link has the new recipe, so the box is slightly different with the red stripe about nutrition change down the side. There is (or at least was) also a peanutbutter / cookies and cream combo box at the stores near me.

TurdBurgles
Sep 17, 2007

I AM WHITE AND PLAY NA FLUTE ON TRIBAL LANDS WITH NO GUILT.
Awe what hell those are a breakfast staple !

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Yeah, I really liked those too. I've been eating the Pure Protein bars more often these days, don't know if those are any better though.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ah pure protein is what i was thinking of... theyre pretty good for a quick breakfast substitute or something if im really lazy or in a hurry. i dont really like the chocolate chip one but the other 2 kinds are great with coffee

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I like the Zone Perfect bars, but they are higher net carbs.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
I like the Pure Protein ones, healthy and don't taste bad. They make for a good breakfast when I'm at the office, just filling enough to get me to lunch. Only issue is they go stale sometimes.

The Robert Irving Fit Crunch ones are DELICIOUS bordering on "is this a candybar" taste. Not nearly as healthy as the Pure Protein.

Regular Costco Wholesale used to have them, but now I can only find them at the Business Center Costco.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I thought the Fit Crunch bars were basically just healthy enough to be considered a protein bar instead of a candy bar, and yes they are DELICIOUS. I've been buying the Pure Protein bars lately, it's like 20g of protein and very little sugar. The cookie dough flavor is amazing but Costco doesn't have that one. Also they're on sale right now at Costco so now would be a good time to pick them up.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Anyone tried these dried dates with a walnut inside? (not finding them on costco's website, so I dunno how commonly stocked they might be) I'm usually annoyed by individually wrapped snacks but I'm loving them! Very nice combo of crunchy and soft; some of the bags are ridiculously hard to open, but they're actually staying fresh for a long time so I'm ok with it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah those Fit Crunch bars are nuts. The macros are still reasonably ok though despite it tasting more candy-like than a snickers bar. I still don't know if I trust those numbers.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Ordered a deep freeze from the church. Hoping it comes without dents, but I really dont care so long as it works. Just happy I can load up on more frozen berries and cauliflower pizzas when I go to church.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
+1 'it sucks that the protein bars have changed' but I find myself liking the pure protein ones more. With the costco ones you needed to buy peanut butter chocolate chunk / cookies and cream, or chocolate/cookie dough, and the chocolate ones tasted so gross I always got the pb/cookies+cream ones. The peanut butter ones are ok but get old fast, by which I mean you get sick of them. Similarly for pure protein, they come in a pack with 3 flavours and two are genuinely good tasting but the 'chocolate deluxe' is borderline gross. At this point I just take one from the box without looking and hope it's not a chocolate deluxe. I like chocolate IRL but this is not chocolate. The pure protein are good for a meal substitute.

The 'kirkland chewy protein bars' taste so, so good, but I think they're a lot closer to a candy bar. They're a legitimate treat. I haven't checked the macros recently but they're too nice to be good for weight loss, I'm just assuming.

I got some quest bars from safeway or something and they're very bland and I'd rate them as above pure protein's chocolate deluxe and kirkland's peanut butter chocolate chunk, but that's about it. Not great tasting.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah those Fit Crunch bars are nuts. The macros are still reasonably ok though despite it tasting more candy-like than a snickers bar. I still don't know if I trust those numbers.

For what it's worth they don't spike my blood glucose any more than they should. As a t1 diabetic they're my actual candy bars and I love them as such.

They're definitely a treat though and they'll still give you a fart bonanza if you get cocky and think you can eat two in a day.

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

fizzymercy posted:

a fart bonanza if you get cocky

New thread title?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Photo Center is closing, but they'll still have an order-online and ship direct-to-consumer service:

quote:

We are writing to inform you about the upcoming closure of the photo department at all Costco locations on Sunday, February 14, 2021.

Since the introduction of camera phones and social media, the need for printing photos has steeply declined, even though the number of pictures taken continues to grow. After careful consideration, we have determined the continued decline of prints no longer requires on-site photo printing.

Digital technologies allow consumers to do more with their photos, including the ability to personalize canvas, metal & acrylic prints, or create photo books, stationery, calendars and other gifts. We will continue to ship these high quality products and prints to your home or business through the Costco Photo Center website, CostcoPhotoCenter.com.

Costco’s home movie video transfer, passport photo, photo restoration and ink cartridge refill services will no longer be available after February 14, 2021.

Please pick up any remaining orders you have at your local Costco location by March 28th, 2021. We thank you for your business, and look forward to providing our innovative, high quality, personalized photo products to you in the future via the CostcoPhotoCenter.com.

Sincerely,

Costco Photo Center

Given the square footage of the space and the profitability I'm not surprised.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Wow! One of the things I took for granted. My wife uses it a few times a year. You're right, it does take up a lot of space and can't be that profitable. As it is she makes an order and goes a few days later, so shipping to home will be fine.

About a decade ago we bought picture frames that came with coupons for 100 free 4x6 prints with no expiration. I had a dozen of them, and still have like 6 left. Maybe it's time to print a quick 600 photos.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm surprised that some costco's still had them, they closed oura years ago.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just noticed they have a video transfer service that supports film!

Can anyone help me interpret this price list:

code:
Film to USB: $24.99 for the first 150 feet
Additional Feet $0.13 per foot
So is that linear footage measured for a whole collection? Or if I bring in 20 reels of Super 8 is that going to be $500+ ?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I only ever used the costco photo centre for passport photos but everywhere does that so it’s no big deal.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Hed posted:

I just noticed they have a video transfer service that supports film!

Can anyone help me interpret this price list:

code:
Film to USB: $24.99 for the first 150 feet
Additional Feet $0.13 per foot
So is that linear footage measured for a whole collection? Or if I bring in 20 reels of Super 8 is that going to be $500+ ?

I would assume each discrete reel is going to start at $24.99. I'd call and ask though.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Hed posted:

Photo Center is closing, but they'll still have an order-online and ship direct-to-consumer service:

Yeah not really surprising, it's a lot of space and it's right upfront in the store in the layouts I've seen, that's a premium location.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
drat

The photo center was Godsend for Xmas cards and party invites.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Renegret posted:

drat

The photo center was Godsend for Xmas cards and party invites.

You can still get them send to your house though.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

StormDrain posted:

You can still get them send to your house though.

Yeah but I'm real poo poo at planning ahead so the 24 hour turnaround was really nice

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Hed posted:

Couldn't it be replaced with a kiosk?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It wouldn't be worth the cost of installing one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

priznat posted:

I only ever used the costco photo centre for passport photos but everywhere does that so it’s no big deal.

Yeah but they let you take decent pictures and not be assholes about it.