Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I will begrudgingly accept short skirt Arc just because Ciel's remake design is just THAT much better than her old one.

On the one hand that's true, but on the other she's basically just blue-haired Mash now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Twib posted:

On the one hand that's true, but on the other she's basically just blue-haired Mash now.

Excuse me Mash is a kouhai while Ciel is a Senpai they're completely different. :colbert:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Twib posted:

Nah.
Ciel new design came out many years before Fgo. Mash is the purple-haired Ciel.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I always figured The Once and Future King was canonical to Fate.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

prequels generally suck rear end but i'd watch an ova about the nasuverse camelot saga

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

garden of avalon was interesting

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

YggdrasilTM posted:

Nah.
Ciel new design came out many years before Fgo. Mash is the purple-haired Ciel.

Technically Mash is purple-haired herself, being based on a concept and design scrapped from the VN and considered for inclusion in the deen anime.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Ciel's forehead continues to be large and wide, they kept that at least

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I will begrudgingly accept short skirt Arc just because Ciel's remake design is just THAT much better than her old one.

Cursed.

Ciel needs the cokebottles and parted v-tipped hairline. :colbert:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

OnimaruXLR posted:

Mordred is short tempered and impulsive, but arguably smarter than all the other (featured, on-camera) KOTR, excluding Agravain .

This is less to their credit and more an insanely damning statement about Lance, Bedi, Tristain, and Gawain (Gareth is also around but I don't think she's ever actually said anything).

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Stairmaster posted:

prequels generally suck rear end but i'd watch an ova about the nasuverse camelot saga

I would too.

Give us Percival dammit. All we know so far is that he was a better cook than Gawain, and that's not hard!

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rody One Half posted:

This is less to their credit and more an insanely damning statement about Lance, Bedi, Tristain, and Gawain (Gareth is also around but I don't think she's ever actually said anything).

Well Lancelot can't be chosen because he hosed off after the whole poo poo involving Guinevere and Gareth isn't available because it is very difficult to do anything after having your unarmored skull smashed by Lancelot.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

Well Lancelot can't be chosen because he hosed off after the whole poo poo involving Guinevere and Gareth isn't available because it is very difficult to do anything after having your unarmored skull smashed by Lancelot.

I'm talking about servant intellect op

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

nrook posted:

I always figured The Once and Future King was canonical to Fate.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly using Le Morte d'Arthur as its base.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

which saber's bare breasts do you like the most

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

lancer artoria alter

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

When Mordred was chosen to be in charge of Camelot, we know that:
- Artoria left to search for Lancelot.
- Lancelot was on the run.
- Tristan had abandoned Camelot way before this mess (and I think he was already dead by then).
- Agravain was killed by Lancelot.
- Gaheris was killed by Lancelot.
- Gareth was killed by Lancelot.
- Gawain was just a little pissed that Lancelot killed all his siblings, so he probably went with Artoria to find him.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 13, 2021

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aurora posted:

Gawain

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

lancer artoria alter

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Stairmaster posted:

I've always thought that ufotable could justify stealing what little thunder Deen FSN had left by doing a combined Fate Route+Saber backstory movie (or trilogy)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Aurora posted:

Fergus.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Fergus is a brock not a saber

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
That's a pretty unflattering comparison, sometimes Brock was actually funny or interesting

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

the most canonical depiction of the arthurian cycle in Fate is John Boorman's 1981 epic Excalibur, starring Nigel Terry as the only at-the-time socially acceptable actor capable of depicting an Arthur sufficiently moe as to replicate the real deal

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

The Divine Orator posted:

That's a pretty unflattering comparison, sometimes Brock was actually funny or interesting

:hai: His young self had probably the worst part in Agartha too, a chapter full of low points.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Dr Pepper posted:

I'm pretty sure it's mostly using Le Morte d'Arthur as its base.

this is definitely and obviously true but I just like the idea of arturia turning into an ant to learn important lessons about authoritarianism ok

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"I hate Tracey I wish Brock was back" is a classic anime monkey's paw moment

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

"I hate Tracey I wish Brock was back" is a classic anime monkey's paw moment

This is what the fate route was trying to teach us

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Honestly while saying Nasu has definitely read OAFK or anything like that (although maybe he has who knows), he does echo White a fair amount on his analysis of themes and the knights themselves.

The biggest two things you don't get in Fate Arthurian Legend are rival kings who aren't Vortigern (and the Vortigern is weird) and no Morgawse so Morgan is just weirdly mom of half the round table.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Morgan is the strongest mom

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

When's Summer Morgan

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

YggdrasilTM posted:

When Mordred was chosen to be in charge of Camelot, we know that:
- Artoria left to search for Lancelot.
- Lancelot was on the run.
- Tristan had abandoned Camelot way before this mess (and I think he was already dead by then).
- Agravain was killed by Lancelot.
- Gaheris was killed by Lancelot.
- Gareth was killed by Lancelot.
- Gawain was just a little pissed that Lancelot killed all his siblings, so he probably went with Artoria to find him.

Where's Kay?

WhoQuestionMark
Jan 17, 2018
Kay was the steward of Camelot itself, but he saw the way the wind was blowing and left.

Garden of Avalon posted:

And look where it brought us. I imagine Mordred will raise troops against us when King Arthur returns from Rome. I’ve had enough of this foolish infighting. I’ll think of some reason to excuse myself from it all. Perhaps join up with that other fellow womanizer, Lancelot — I, no. That is the one thing I will never do. It’s fine, I’ll set off sail for some other land and spend my days there. With all that fortune I’ve amassed, I have no need to fight anymore. And you, you will be fleeing to Avalon are you not? Best to end this idle talk lest you have your head chopped off for being an opportunist.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

WhoQuestionMark posted:

Kay was the steward of Camelot itself, but he saw the way the wind was blowing and left.

What a guy. I hope he's in Camelot 2, that one scene in where Artoria talks about him in HA just wasn't enough.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arbite posted:

What a guy. I hope he's in Camelot 2, that one scene in where Artoria talks about him in HA just wasn't enough.

Hopefully we will be getting him and other members of the oppose the lion king faction with LB6.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I would too.

Give us Percival dammit. All we know so far is that he was a better cook than Gawain, and that's not hard!

He shows up very briefly at the end of Arthur's side story in Proto Fragments Drama CD 4.

quote:

Percival: “Welcome back, Arthur! Red Dragon! Wow you look like poo poo…...what the hell is with all that blood on ya!?”

Saber: “I’m hurt too, y’know.”

Percival: “Aren’t ya just a little bit hurt? Guess it can’t be helped. I’ll give you an ointment, here.”

Saber: “Thanks.”

Percival: “But, well, you surprised me this time. It was originally supposed to be an unbeatable creature. After all, it was a…. Well, never mind, not like I know. Even Palamedes would have a hassle hunting that beast down.”

Saber: “We couldn’t leave it alone. It hurt innocent civilians.”

Percival: “That might be true, but…….”

Saber: “Nothing more, nothing less.”

Percival: “I see. ―――So, how’s things going between you and Morgan lately? Have you seen her recently?”

Saber: “……Why are you talking about my older sister?”

Percival: “Ahahahaha.”

Saber: “?”

Percival: “Wait, you’re seriously asking me that?”

(context: Arthur has just returned from killing the Questing Beast, which is a beast born from a princess who was incestuously in love with her older brother. Her brother naturally rejected her and in revenge, the princess slept with a demon who promised to kill her brother for her. The princess lied and said her brother raped her, so their father sentenced the brother to be executed by being ripped apart by a pack of hunting dogs. Before his death, the brother cursed her to give birth to a monster that howls like a pack of hunting dogs. Given that, Percy joking about Morgan here is a little...uhhh...)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
One thing I've noticed that's kinda an interesting coincidence is that in the Hades game, the Furies have a pose when they attack that's kinda similar to Medusa's stance where she bends down/goes on all fours?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I recently read through Tsukihime and since I already know about the VNs and games that follow or spring from it, I was wondering about what manga people would recommend, for any reason. Not looking for anything specific beyond sketching in or playing around with the characters in ways that people find particularly interesting or fun.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

Liffrea posted:

He shows up very briefly at the end of Arthur's side story in Proto Fragments Drama CD 4.

(context: Arthur has just returned from killing the Questing Beast, which is a beast born from a princess who was incestuously in love with her older brother. Her brother naturally rejected her and in revenge, the princess slept with a demon who promised to kill her brother for her. The princess lied and said her brother raped her, so their father sentenced the brother to be executed by being ripped apart by a pack of hunting dogs. Before his death, the brother cursed her to give birth to a monster that howls like a pack of hunting dogs. Given that, Percy joking about Morgan here is a little...uhhh...)

Let's be honest, Arthurian Legend + Anime was always gonna lead to a sis-con Arthur jokes, or a bro-con yandere Morgan.

They wouldnt be able to resist it, mostly because Morgan in actual legends alternate between trying to kill her brother, or seemingly regreting killing her brother in some interpretations. And let's not forget acutally loving her brother on his wedding night. Shr was already a yandere.

The joke was always gonna be made. Mostly because it wasn't a joke in the end.

We should be more worried if Morgan becomes summonable in FGO. Once that happens the doujins shall turn the joke into a reality.

And thus the Saberface hell shall gain a new circle of horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I can assure you that they're already on it with Morgan we have already.