Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the best thing to keep in mind about teething is that it’s far worse on the parents than the baby. i mean sure the baby is crying and it’s poo poo but the baby doesn’t remember and it’s normal. it just sucks for you. and the reason I bring that up is that it’s not uncommon for parents to want to get paracetamol or ibuprofen to calm their kids, and I like to remind parents that they’re giving their kids drugs just to suit themselves.

parts of raising a baby suck and teething is one bit but it’ll be over and you’ll be glad you didn’t load your kids with drugs just so you could get a bit more rest

note : not accusing anyone here of doing that, and also not discounting that sometimes you reallt do just need to fuckin sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
this is america, echi. we give our kids flintstones chewable fentanyl.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh yeah I forgot those opioid epidemics arent gonna sustain themselves

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
watuary status: still on the wagon, but definitely getting nitro coffee as a treat on 2/1

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hopefully it hits you like a face full of bricks lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

the one thing that sucks about drinking a lot of water is waking up in the middle of the night to pee

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

just piss off the side of the bed like the filthy animal you are

or find a knot hole in the floor, either works

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PIZZA.BAT posted:

the one thing that sucks about drinking a lot of water is waking up in the middle of the night to pee

I piss more often now at night than I did when I used
to drink beer, probably because I half dehydrated myself before hitting bed.

It does suck but nothing good is gained without sacrifice. Your kidneys thank you.

Also, who wore it better :

watuary or veganuary

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

PIZZA.BAT posted:

stay tuned for prostate exam-uary!

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Watuary is already over 50% over. Time is flying this year.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh my god

summer is half
over

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Whet Your Whistle - Watuary 2021

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
water: good

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

hmm, perhaps. we shall see.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
went out for dinner and drinks, first time meeting gfs brother and first time he’s been back in nz for a couple decades and the first time they’ve been at a bar in over a year since they’ve been holed up in london

i stuck to sparking water

gently caress the beer looked good

and it wasn’t too hard to not have a drink because of watuary. post watuary turning down a beer will be harder because i can’t hide behind this international movement

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
op I have abstained from alcohol for almost exactly a month now. But I could not commit to waturary because I am too weak to give up coffee

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you are still a friend to watuary

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
watuary status: adhering in action if not thoughts

bonus that I seem to be getting a better non-caffeine baseline. I was never a zombie without it but I’ve had some times I energized even without chemical stimulants

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah lol I know what you mean

my energy levels fluctuate heaps but i’m always thinking “coz i just had energy drink” or “am hungover” but weirdly a bunch of that still happens anyway without caffeine or alcohol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

op I have abstained from alcohol for almost exactly a month now. But I could not commit to waturary because I am too weak to give up coffee

hell same

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I’ve had little lapses here and there but i’ve also been much more mindful of drinking more water and have drastically reduced other things, including caffeine, which has been very good.

even though I’m not doing a 100% run i still feel successful.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
high five brother

it's simply a path toward healthier decisions and also hopefully shining a light on perhaps runaway habits

coca-cola hates us!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i haven't been a good adherent but it's helping me reduce coffee and alcohol and set a good water baseline

aiming for 100oz of water daily has helped a bunch because, yeah, it starts to crowd out other drinks and after a while it replaced my idle coffee drinking so I have way less and only in the morning and maybe early afternoon

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
Still going! Although I really miss the evening (non caffeinated) tea.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FalseNegative posted:

Still going! Although I really miss the evening (non caffeinated) tea.

Soon my friend

Agile Vector posted:

i haven't been a good adherent but it's helping me reduce coffee and alcohol and set a good water baseline

aiming for 100oz of water daily has helped a bunch because, yeah, it starts to crowd out other drinks and after a while it replaced my idle coffee drinking so I have way less and only in the morning and maybe early afternoon

if something is worth doing it’s worth doing half assed

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Still sticking to it, maybe a bit easier than last year?

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
The last week is upon us!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
summer lol. yeah I am back on the water bus. a nice warm chamomile tea before bed sometimes too but that’s basically water right?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

summer lol. yeah I am back on the water bus. a nice warm chamomile tea before bed sometimes too but that’s basically water right?

tea is just leaf water

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FalseNegative posted:

The last week is upon us!

I feel proud of everyone for the positive choices people have made

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Decided to join for the last week since it sort of coincides with my quarterly dry week. Day 1 in the bag.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:hf: friend

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Some mild headache today, must be caffeine withdrawal. I don't drink coffee in the weekend but I do drink more cola zero so that must be it.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
EVERY DAY I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLURP 40 SIPS OF WATER RIGHT INTO MY MOUTH. ITS FROM THE SINK

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’ve been using a brita religiously for the last year and a half and now tap water tastes gross

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

water is medicine. it comes from da earth

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

alcohol is a poison and the shame of a nation

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

that said, humans uniquely can process alcohol a lot better than other animals, it was an adaptation to expand food availability

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Everybody ready to get smashed on Monday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

my bitter bi rival posted:

water is medicine. it comes from da earth

not true in some cities. for example in houston drinking water comes out of the trinity river which is pissed and shat out by people in dallas.