Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Seltzer posted:

I genuinely don't understand why anyone replies to that dude or stux.

Seriously, just stop talking to that guy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Stux posted:

getting insanely mad about telling the guy asking what color the sky is to look outside

Inhabiting a thread about a console I will never buy for months at a time solely to give people poo poo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you do that??

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Stux posted:

you do that??

What do you even get out of this? Basically every thread I see you in you're just there to give people poo poo. You never even accidentally answer a question without also calling the person asking stupid. You're in the Stadia thread caking on clown makeup about smart TVs and cost, and I imagine you were there in the first place just to give people poo poo for using stadia.

Go gently caress off to Discord and teehee with people who give a poo poo. There are actual consoles people in this thread actually own and want to discuss.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[llooking up from my book solemnly. its clear now my entire face is done in joker makeup and ive been crying.] it has the wrong ram sir

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

did they even use the right ram this time??

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Butterflysmasher posted:

did they even use the right ram this time??

heres the messed up thing, they didnt

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Stux posted:

[llooking up from my book solemnly. its clear now my entire face is done in joker makeup and ive been crying.] it has the wrong ram sir

Seriously, I want to know. What do you get out of all this time spent haunting threads whose subject matter you're not interested in, just to poo poo on people? What's the upside for you?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

Seriously, I want to know. What do you get out of all this time spent haunting threads whose subject matter you're not interested in, just to poo poo on people? What's the upside for you?

I imagine probably the times that this happens

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

teh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If only they would make a game and not just more cinematic trailers!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

If only they would make a game and not just more cinematic trailers!

as part of the deal they made with Disney to get Indiana Jones, Microsoft will get Split/Second 2 as an exclusive

(if only)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Any day now, Project Gotham Racing is coming back.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I don’t know what any of these Lucas companies are and I’ve never watched any Indiana Jones films, but hopefully the game is good and free on gamepass.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Crafty posted:

I don’t know what any of these Lucas companies are and I’ve never watched any Indiana Jones films, but hopefully the game is good and free on gamepass.

Don't see why it wouldn't if all the EA games were on their version of it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Machine Gun Games made a whole boatload of bad Wolfenstein games so I have 0 faith in how Indiana Jones will play, but they weird world building pieces were excellent so I look forward to staring at so close its legally questionable ad parodies from the era while avoiding engaging in the gameplay

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Crafty posted:

lol wut?

This indy game would have to be 3rd person, right? Or are we doing FPWhipper now?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

lol wut?

This indy game would have to be 3rd person, right? Or are we doing FPWhipper now?

2nd person, you play as a person writing down the story of indiana jones

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Barudak posted:

Machine Gun Games made a whole boatload of bad Wolfenstein games

I thought they were fun.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crafty posted:

Ooh yeah now that you mention it, I forgot that Microsoft purchased Bethesda. So it would be free on Gamepass.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thom12255 posted:

I thought they were fun.

The last 3 games from them were a bad vr game, a sequel that was 60% cutscenes, and a bad co-op spin off. Im not hype for their games anymore but maybe a change of ip will help

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Wolfenstein games are fun but the shooting and controls are complete poo poo and it makes the stealth angle for the games a nightmare.

I get that part of the appeal is double-fisting machine guns at nazis but the shooting feels complete poo poo.

absolutely gorgeous level design and art in some of the games though. I think I walked around the ship in whatever the latest Wolf game was for like half an hour just admiring the lighting and texture work.

mem
Sep 1, 2005
Return to Castle Wolfenstein is, by far, the best Wolfenstein game. My wife doesn't even play games and she loves that game.

The new ones are...not good.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

mem posted:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is, by far, the best Wolfenstein game. My wife doesn't even play games and she loves that game.

RTCW multiplayer that then morphed into ET was great.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

mem posted:

RTCW = highschool to me. So many memories. I never got above 3.2KB/s but by golly we enjoyed it anyway gosh darnit!

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I don't think I played RTCW but I played the loving poo poo out of Enemy Territory.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Wolfenstein 3D on my parents' Mac Performa was my earliest "adult" gaming memory. I was 4 when we got it. I used to get up on Sundays early to play it-- Saturdays too if I didn't have a goddamn soccer game. I super wasn't allowed to play it but my dad would usually turn a blind eye if he got up early to make breakfast.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

enemy territory owned and was Ahead Of Its Time

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The New Order and The New Colossus are frustrating as hell because all the ingredients are there for something very good. They just totally whiff encounter design, over and over.

RTCW was very good until all the magic poo poo kicked in.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
ET and Battlefield 2 was my mid-2000's MP life.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Okay who used their monkey paw?

https://twitter.com/LucasfilmGames/status/1349363457557098499?s=19

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I can’t imagine a blander collaboration

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
I would play Assassins Creed: Coruscant - and so would you.

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1349402139907547141

Thom12255 fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 13, 2021

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I would not play assassins creed coruscant

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

I would play Assassins Creed: Coruscant - and so would you.

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1349402139907547141

After all of the stuff the author of the books has said and done, the devs should do the right thing and just cancel this.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

I would not play assassins creed coruscant

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that the devs were even empowered to say 'jk rowling has nothing to do with this game' to me indicates that the harry potter franchise is free-standing like star wars and doesnt belong to its creator in a meaningful way. it now belongs to tiresome #resist libs on twitter and people who put their hogwarts house in their dating profiles

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lets think of some coruscant games we would play

i would play blitzball: coruscant
i would play jet set radio: coruscant
i might play hitman: coruscant?
i would play alpha protocol: coruscant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Super No Vacancy posted:

the harry potter franchise is free-standing like star wars and doesnt belong to its creator in a meaningful way.

Except for the whole she makes money off everything hp related, you're dead on.

If you want to play a game built on the works of a transphobe have it, don't make excuses.