Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Maybe something for the OP of the new thread would be a list of movies that were supposed to come out last year that still haven't.

Along these lines, Vulture had an article not too long ago on what the 2020 box office would have been like without a pandemic:

https://www.vulture.com/2020/09/movies-in-2020-what-hollywood-might-have-looked-like.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

*stares vacantly* "Hello there Indiana perhaps you would like to find the Monkey's paw for me"

• Yes I would like to help you
  • No I would like to help you later
  • [INTIMIDATE]Sounds like someone needs a real helping

*whips guys head off like a lego piece*

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

muscles like this! posted:

Speaking of the WB/Legendary fight reportedly WB has put forth a new offer with better financial deals for streaming.

Godzilla: King of the Negotiators

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Alan Smithee posted:

*stares vacantly* "Hello there Indiana perhaps you would like to find the Monkey's paw for me"

• Yes I would like to help you
  • No I would like to help you later
  • [INTIMIDATE]Sounds like someone needs a real helping

*whips guys head off like a lego piece*

[HATE SNAKES]

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tars Tarkas posted:

Hi, sorry it's still late, that is a thing I am doing along with a pre-plague/post-plague look at the box office, and films that dropped in VOD instead of getting delayed (and the whole WB/Legendary fight). There's also box office champ The Wretched that reigned supreme for six weeks straight. Besides baby spending most of my time, I found out one of my close friends died of covid this week so it's hard to finish anything but will power through before the end of the week.

I'm sorry to hear that. Don't feel like you need to push yourself too hard for the thread's sake, we'll be just fine

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

[HATE SNAKES]

TUNNEL SNAKES RUUUUULE

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

TUNNEL SNAKES RUUUUULE

Can we get a fallout film while we're there? David Michod's New Vegas.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Snowman_McK posted:

Can we get a fallout film while we're there? David Michod's New Vegas.

Amazon is working on a Fallout series, here's hoping Bethesda's involvement is minimal.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Cacator posted:

Amazon is working on a Fallout series, here's hoping Bethesda's involvement is minimal.

Watching people be mad at 76 was great, I hope Todd Howard directs.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

wdarkk posted:

I'd prefer to have played a good game than watched people get mad about a bad one but I'm built different.

We've had one good fallout game this century. That's...not enough. Apparently the Wasteland games are good, though.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

tactics came out in 2001 so its like 1.5 good games

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Farm Frenzy posted:

tactics came out in 2001 so its like 1.5 good games

does tactics let your use your overwhelming sexuality to kill matthew perry? because if it doesn't, it doesn't count as a good fallout game.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Snowman_McK posted:

does tactics let your use your overwhelming sexuality to kill matthew perry? because if it doesn't, it doesn't count as a good fallout game.

Nope, just New Vegas and real life as far as I know.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Risk movie is about each country being forced to make giant military robots to fight each other to some alien children's amusement

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fried Watermelon posted:

Risk movie is about each country being forced to make giant military robots to fight each other to some alien children's amusement

G-Gundam already exists and is loving incredible.

https://i.imgur.com/VghRLKf.mp4

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

[War is futile and pointless. One who embarks on it should dig two graves]
Risk: wow cool war! :eyepop:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Fried Watermelon posted:

So Risk 2210 then

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

2210 and Godstorm are the poo poo but I could never get anybody to play them with me. :saddowns:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

That windmill seems like it would get in the way of the robot’s fighting more than anything

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Wait til you see the gundam with the sambrero

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Shageletic posted:

Wait til you see the gundam with the sambrero

Or the gundam that rides a horse gundam(the horse gundam is also piloted by a real horse).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Vegetable posted:

That windmill seems like it would get in the way of the robot’s fighting more than anything

It's actually a strategy to game the system in giant robot sports.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RatHat posted:

Or the gundam that rides a horse gundam(the horse gundam is also piloted by a real horse).

This is one of those things that has to be seen to believed. There is zero hyperbole in RatHat's post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITYtEFf0cBc

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Taintrunner posted:

This is one of those things that has to be seen to believed. There is zero hyperbole in RatHat's post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITYtEFf0cBc

G Gundam loving owns.

America’s Gundam is a goddamn football player with a surf board and a six shooter and it’s football pads fly off and become boxing gloves.

Fuckin’ OWNS.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

TUNNEL SNAKES RUUUUULE

goddamned that movie looked cheap. ILM really taking the bad lessons from the prequel series.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The cinematography was a travesty, and the studio exteriors feel so claustrophobic and fake.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

wdarkk posted:

76 was a technical catastrophe but I was mainly referring to how 3 and 4 have garbage plotlines and storytelling.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Isn't he just the producer?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vandar posted:

G Gundam loving owns.

America’s Gundam is a goddamn football player with a surf board and a six shooter and it’s football pads fly off and become boxing gloves.

Fuckin’ OWNS.

The protagonist's robot's signature move is crushing enemy robot heads in its right hand.

At one point in the show his robot's right arm is disabled, so the enemy thinks he is assured victory. The hero wins by remembering he has two hands.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Firstborn posted:

Isn't he just the producer?

It’s being made by MachineGames, the studio that made the Wolfenstein games for the previous generation. I’m guessing Howard’s having his name on it either because Disney thinks there should be some name they can use to talk about the game in videos for investors to see (and so they can say “produced by the director of the Elder Scrolls and Fallout game series” in press releases and etc.), or Todd squeezed himself into the project so he would get some percentage of the money when the game inevitably sells several million copies.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Snowman_McK posted:

I'd prefer to have played a good game than watched people get mad about a bad one but I'm built different.

We've had one good fallout game this century. That's...not enough. Apparently the Wasteland games are good, though.

Ehh wasteland 3 is good. Wasteland 2 is... an acquired taste. I liked it but its one of those games you pretty much need to read a character creation guide before you start. Easy to build completely gimped characters.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Taintrunner posted:

That is far far too much elevation to be Holland

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
No discussion of G Gundam can be complete without mentioning Super Asia at least once!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bootleg Trunks posted:

That is far far too much elevation to be Holland

Neo-Holland

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Isn’t that vierd!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Len posted:

So Risk 2210 then

I always get exiled to the Moon when playing Risk 2210.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Chris Evans is probably coming back to the MCU.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

What? I am shocked

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Ehh wasteland 3 is good. Wasteland 2 is... an acquired taste. I liked it but its one of those games you pretty much need to read a character creation guide before you start. Easy to build completely gimped characters.

I enjoyed Wasteland 2, but never finished it, I did totally forget about Wasteland 3 :negative:

I do guess I know what I'll be doing soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

I enjoyed Wasteland 2, but never finished it, I did totally forget about Wasteland 3 :negative:

I do guess I know what I'll be doing soon.

I was poking around reviews, since it's hard to get a reliable review of a game, but remembered the only one that matters.

You can pet the dog.