Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Is the 4k of Blues Brothers much of an improvement over the standard bluray?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
DeepDiscount gave me a $5 coupon for the cancelled Hammer order so that works out!

shelves:

with a bunch of unsorted stuff on the bottom shelf because I need to get rid of the stickers on the spines.

physical media uber alles

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I, Butthole posted:

dorium posted:

all organized once again, I'll probably have to do it once I start really making my way through the unwatched pile (and find some place to put that Criterion Varda set)

Gripweed posted:

alright I'm game

Spatulater bro! posted:

My collection is in a closet and thus is difficult to photograph.

dorium posted:

re-organizing my media collection.... i got a problem.

Some of those are probably doubles.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I pulled blu~ray dupes of UHDs I upgraded to

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CPL593H posted:

Some of those are probably doubles.

Doubles in what sense?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Doubles in what sense?

They're probably doubles.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CPL593H posted:

They're probably doubles.

I checked but it doesn't look like anyone else has even a single season of Ultraman.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

I have doubles, but only newer editions of movies I already had (The Blob, Drag Me to Hell, Deep Red, House by the Cemetery, so on), plus titles I've upgraded to UHD. The only movie I legit have two exact copies of is the Scream Factory edition of Plague of the Zombies, because I accidentally bought a second copy. It's still sealed and I'd be willing to trade for something I don't have that I want, like Falling Down, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Assassins (Stallone / Banderas movie), or something else.

As for sharing my collection, it's huge and I don't know how to share my Blu-ray.com list (which isn't fully updated yet). Let's just say that in my place, it takes up an entire wall and I've had to Frankenstein some shelves to add extra space to hold everything. I have to do that again as I have a pile of new titles to sort. Movies and music are my hobbies, so I will never stop buying them.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I checked but it doesn't look like anyone else has even a single season of Ultraman.

I haven't posted a pic but I've got all the classic Ultraman.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

No pics (yet) but this is the collection:

https://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=299446

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Does blu-ray.com do anything for you, like suggestions based on what you own?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Good question, I mostly use it as a strict log of movies I own so I don’t accidentally buy something I already have :downs: . I think you can use it to compare with other users and find matches with people who have similar tastes as you, something like that.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Xenomrph posted:

Good question, I mostly use it as a strict log of movies I own so I don’t accidentally buy something I already have :downs: . I think you can use it to compare with other users and find matches with people who have similar tastes as you, something like that.

I already use Letterboxd for that. What about a Wishlist function that alerts me of sales or price breaks?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Franchescanado posted:

I already use Letterboxd for that. What about a Wishlist function that alerts me of sales or price breaks?
They used to have a wishlist price tracker system but Amazon shut it down. Now you add titles to your wishlist, then choose the "Show wishlist deals" filter on the deals page. If there is a way to get alerts I'm not aware of it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Vince MechMahon posted:

I haven't posted a pic but I've got all the classic Ultraman.

Good. I'm way behind, I need to get and watch another season before Ultraman Trigger starts

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Here is my shelf

Top of the shelf and this is my unwatched pile

Except for Seinfeld, my roommate has been watching those.

My roommate got it for me for Christmas after my old one collapsed under its own weight. I don't really recommend it because it takes up too much space for how much it holds.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
My “They Live” UHD and poster are MIA. UGH poor USPS. I’m sympathetic but I’m also a greedy human. It’s been a week+!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Boywhiz88 posted:

My “They Live” UHD and poster are MIA. UGH poor USPS. I’m sympathetic but I’m also a greedy human. It’s been a week+!

I thought They Live's release date was the 19th? Is it possible they actually haven't shipped it yet?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

I thought They Live's release date was the 19th? Is it possible they actually haven't shipped it yet?

I got mine two days ago, it probably just didn't get scanned somewhere or got thrown in the wrong bin.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I need that frank figure

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

oh dang, i didnt even know they were shipping this soon.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

I, Butthole posted:

The most recent physical media I purchased was the Road Warrior, on widescreen VHS..

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

I need that frank figure

We need to convince someone to buy the thing so they can keep the movie then the two of us fight over the toy.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Just got a notice from DiaboikDVD that my Sátántangó Blu-ray has shipped. Probably my most anticipated release of all time. I might watch it as the maiden voyage on my new TV, which is arriving tomorrow.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

We need to convince someone to buy the thing so they can keep the movie then the two of us fight over the toy.

Lmao

Give me the toy!!!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Lmao

Give me the toy!!!

We must do battle!

Like maybe that kind with all the rolling around on the floor and grappling.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You dirty mother fucker

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

You dirty mother fucker

I see what you did there.

My friend's wife has this weird kind of sleep walking thing she does. So like she'll fall asleep but be awake at the same time. It's really weird. So anyway he was trying to get her to shuffle off to bed and he told her to put her glasses on and she said "Not this year!".

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

Lmao

Give me the toy!!!

CPL593H posted:

We must do battle!

Like maybe that kind with all the rolling around on the floor and grappling.

Would it be worth the $40 for the figure plus the shipping for either of you?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It would at this point. It was originally 40 but I wasn’t sure about it then, and then poof. Gone.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I can pre-order it today and PM someone the receipt if I get a promise to be Venmo'd the $40 then the shipping upon receiving it. Is that fair, or?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'm reorganizing my discs at the moment and will have pics. Got enough titles to fill four BILLY bookcases...

Indicator just announced their April slate;

The Chalk Garden (Neame)
Fatherland (Loach)
Carla's Song (Loach)
Irreversible (Noe)

Irreversible is a slipcased limited edition with 80-page booklet, film is a new 4K remaster with new retrospective documentary.

The two Loach films are region free.

Basebf555 posted:

I mean, it wasn't a particularly impressive lineup anyway. If you gave me a 20 film Hammer set that actually had some heavy hitters like Horror of Dracula, The Devil Rides Out, Hound of the Baskervilles, Plague of the Zombies, Quatermass and the Pit, etc. then I'd pay almost any price but this one is pretty much all second tier stuff. Which is par for the course with Hammer, the rights situation is all over the place.

The Mill Creek set basically collects all the Sony-owned titles into one set. Indicator has released five 4-film sets in the UK so far (all but two titles owned by Sony).

Warner has already released a few later ones and The Curse of Frankenstein just came out from Warner Archive in a deluxe 2-disc edition. They did a bare-bones Horror of Dracula last year, IIRC. Both off 4K masters and vastly improved over the StudioCanal UK editions.

Likewise, Scream Factory has been releasing Blus of the Universal and Paramount Hammer titles, plus a few MGM. Twilight Time had The Hound of the Baskervilles, but it's been OOP for a while. Kino Lorber seems to be the one rescuing the most OOP TT titles lately.

Shiroc posted:

Is the 4k of Blues Brothers much of an improvement over the standard bluray?

Even the Blu-ray looks pretty great, but the big improvement is having the theatrical and extended cuts seamlessly branched instead of as separate files, plus an upgrade from lossy DTS 5.1 to lossless DTS:X. Only nitpick would be that I wish they had included the theatrical 2.0, but the DTS:X mix sounds amazing.

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 14, 2021

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea I did pick up the Dracula: Prince of Darkness blu ray from Scream Factory this year and it's really nice. And I've heard really good things about that recent Curse of Frankenstein release. I guess I'm just resigned to the fact that I'm gonna have to build a Hammer collection piece by piece. The Frankenstein series is especially frustrating because the sequels frequently show up in various sets but never together and never with Curse of Frankenstein.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Franchescanado posted:

I can pre-order it today and PM someone the receipt if I get a promise to be Venmo'd the $40 then the shipping upon receiving it. Is that fair, or?

That’s be fair as hell.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Egbert Souse posted:

Irreversible (Noe)

Irreversible is a slipcased limited edition with 80-page booklet, film is a new 4K remaster with new retrospective documentary.

Man I slammed pre-order on that one. It also includes the chronological cut from last year.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
As far as I'm aware, it's banned where I live.

Also, just loving put The Wind That Shakes The Barley out on blu-ray already, ffs.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I got the udh of Godzilla King of the Monsters at Christmas. The Atmos sound track on it was good and was the first time I got to watch any of the movie feeling as big as the theater but it had some sound clipping crunch that was really obvious and distracting in my headphones. I tried another pair as well and I'm pretty sure it was a problem in the actual track, not both of my pairs of headphones. I switched over to the other audio track to watch it but it didn't have nearly the same low end. It was a bummer.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Shiroc posted:

I got the udh of Godzilla King of the Monsters at Christmas. The Atmos sound track on it was good and was the first time I got to watch any of the movie feeling as big as the theater but it had some sound clipping crunch that was really obvious and distracting in my headphones. I tried another pair as well and I'm pretty sure it was a problem in the actual track, not both of my pairs of headphones. I switched over to the other audio track to watch it but it didn't have nearly the same low end. It was a bummer.

It might be a problem with your receiver downmixing it? I would double-check what settings it’s using for that at least.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

david_a posted:

It might be a problem with your receiver downmixing it? I would double-check what settings it’s using for that at least.

I used both my Arctis Pro wireless through its receiver (connected through USB to the PS5) and my Playstation Gold headphones directly connected to the PS5. Unless its the PS5 or the wireless connection on both causing the same thing at the same moments?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Shiroc posted:

I used both my Arctis Pro wireless through its receiver (connected through USB to the PS5) and my Playstation Gold headphones directly connected to the PS5. Unless its the PS5 or the wireless connection on both causing the same thing at the same moments?

It certainly could be a mixing error on the PS5; we live in the future where nothing software-related is ever really done. Discs have errors from time to time too. Most likely it really is the audio track on the disc, but you may want to get someone to confirm it with a different set up to be totally sure.