Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
If you're willing to deal with Microsoft again, you can get Game Pass Ultimate for $1 right now. It comes with a bunch of poo poo plus some keys or whatever for Episode 6.

e: Actually a useful snipe :69snypa:

When Pigs Cry fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Managed to hit 95 on Etoile and now leveling Phantom.

Is it me or is leveling seem rather faster? I had a smooth time leveling Etoile to the current cap compared to leveling classes before Episode 6.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
It's just the grind dissociation kicking in

also maybe more key distribution and less poo poo featured quests

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Pyro Jack posted:

Managed to hit 95 on Etoile and now leveling Phantom.

Is it me or is leveling seem rather faster? I had a smooth time leveling Etoile to the current cap compared to leveling classes before Episode 6.

How many hundreds of keys and leveling missions did you run though? You’re probBly just used to the grind.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
oh yeah, with the news of the new way that bodies work in NGS

Games > PSO2 New Genesis: This is the Future Liberals Want

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

kirbysuperstar posted:

oh yeah, with the news of the new way that bodies work in NGS

Games > PSO2 New Genesis: This is the Future Liberals Want

Covered in 36 wings like a biblical angel?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/whats-new-in-pso2-new-genesis-character-creator/
Gender no longer a thing, race also no longer a thing I guess? You just choose from masculine fleshy, feminine fleshy, masculine mech and feminine mech body types.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ardeem posted:

Covered in 36 wings like a biblical angel?

9-headed Marlin Hydra.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Looks like Schevelle Units are coming to Zig with the next maintenance, along with a bunch of other updates:

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/newfeatures1223

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Nemo2342 posted:

Looks like Schevelle Units are coming to Zig with the next maintenance, along with a bunch of other updates:

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/newfeatures1223

That's today's maintenance.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Ardeem posted:

That's today's maintenance.

It's 2020, I have no concept of time any more.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

For future reference, they only put the patch notes like that up..as maintenance ends. For, whatever reason.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
17 discs are so loving nice, finally my phantom alt is no longer a rifle main because I can't be arsed to actually use discs when moneyshaq was on the table.

Although if you wanna save cubes some people were pricing 17 shaq discs for lower than the cubes it'd cost if you just bought grinders with said cubes.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Queadlunn posted:

Working on something for my spouse for XMas:
https://i.imgur.com/Jz29qti.mp4

They played PSO2 JP with me in the early years but stopped playing since. The Rare Drop Koi Koi song is something they love, so I'm makin' a Rare Drop that will blast the song!

Holy poo poo that's pretty

Are mission passes broken right now for anyone else? I logged in for the first time in a few weeks, and my pass had expired so I bought a 30 day premium pack like I usually do. I used the premium item, it worked, I went to use the mission pass item and... after clicking "Yes" to use it, it was still in my inventory. No error message or anything. I went into the mission pass screen and the gold tier items were still locked. However, when I tried to unlock them and it said "you want to use the ticket from your inventory?" and I said yes, the items showed as available and unlocked and it says I have gold tier access on the screen. If I then try to claim a gold reward, a message pops up and says "An unexpected error occurred". :smith:

Tried exiting the game completely and going back in, didn't help.

e. Also, I can claim normal non-gold mission pass items, and as soon as I do, the gold items show a lock icon again like I don't have a pass. :psyduck:

e2. welp, known issue: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/4640/mission-pass-bug/3

e3. Sweet, the workaround works. To save people having to click around: if you have a gold ticket already, the Swap Shop 2 will allow you to swap it for 200 SG. Do this, then go to the Mission Pass screen and click a gold tier reward. It'll ask you if you want to buy a Mission Pass for 200 SG, say yes, and it'll work.

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 25, 2020

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
is this game ever going to be on playstation

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
nah

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

is this game ever going to be on playstation

Probably not. It's on PS4 in JP, but Microsoft seems to have bankrolled the global release, so there might be some kind of exclusivity deal for that.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
that suck.....ah well

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

It's on steam too if the ms store is keeping you from trying it on pc.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Ive mostly just been playing the NA version with my friend back in the states so I haven’t played a ton, but I think I’ll start up again. I fell off the JP version around the end of episode 5, so I’m looking forward to seeing what I missed out on. I’ve enjoyed the episode 5 story a surprising amount, does episode 6 stay interesting?

scary ghost dog posted:

that suck.....ah well

You should get it on PC and use a PS4 controller. Jim demands it... no, he REQUIRES it.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

:fireman:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

You should get it on PC and use a PS4 controller. Jim demands it... no, he REQUIRES it.

lmao

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I know everyone warned me but jesus, the new player experience is overwhelming. Navigating the menus and trying to comprehend what I'm looking at feels like a mental attack. Still, I fought some sort of Lightning Wolf that was 5 times harder than the actual quest target and I'm reasonably happy with how my character looks.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 28, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Ive mostly just been playing the NA version with my friend back in the states so I haven’t played a ton, but I think I’ll start up again. I fell off the JP version around the end of episode 5, so I’m looking forward to seeing what I missed out on. I’ve enjoyed the episode 5 story a surprising amount, does episode 6 stay interesting?

Face needs to be a bit longer imo

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

7c Nickel posted:

I know everyone warned me but jesus, the new player experience is overwhelming. Navigating the menus and trying to comprehend what I'm looking at feels like a mental attack. Still, I fought some sort of Lightning Wolf that was 5 times harder than the actual quest target and I'm reasonably happy with how my character looks.

Yeah there's certainly a lot to do and a lot to learn, but you can get by for a long time without a lot of that knowledge. Just play the game, have fun, and it'll all come in time. Early game content doesn't require a ton of understanding of mechanics or fine tuning your gear selection or anything (and thank god for that since I had no clue)

e. and to your comment about the lightning wolf, one of my favorite things this game does is just randomly drop full-on boss enemies as random encounters. Not just during boss rush UQs or the haunted forest or whatever, but like you'll be running around grinding harvesting or genociding rappies then BOOM a boss falls from the sky, who may or may not be as hard or harder than the one at the end of the mission

and just wait until your first "???" portal lol

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 30, 2020

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
Them turning body type into just another thing to pick from at the salon feels like kind of an extension of them allowing casts to have different proportions when they're using parts or outfits; but what I'm hoping for is that this is a stop-gap for them to implement more body types. specifically, one more pair that'd act like an omni-type. Them opening up skin color types and a few other race-specific cosmetics to all characters a while back made me think they were finally realizing that locking a character into these kinds of things was more trouble than it was worth; but I thought they wouldn't be able to really completely break from what they have established in pso2. That was initially one of my only disappointments with the announcement of NGS giving the new-game vibe while still being pso2, but that stream back on the 20th at least opened up some possibilities. Them keeping the current body-types around lets them adhere to any bullshit contractual agreements they may have with other companies they did collabs with years ago to keep any particular cosmetics bound to a specific body type; and they'd probably need to re-rig or even re-model a lot of the outfits to work properly on a more flexible body type, which would take a LOT of time and effort to do, so a setup like this would let them keep the work they've already done while leaving them with the ability to add more in as they get it done on the side or something.

I hope they are able to keep the minimum specs from growing too much though; it'd be nice to not lose folk because they aren't in a position to upgrade their computer or hop over to console.

Speaking of, It's hard to say if we're going to get support for more platforms on the global server; at the very least I would imagine that microsoft wanting to flex their cloud-computing tech even more (this whole thing started because sega wanted to move the pso2 jp servers to a cloud service, and microsoft gave them the best deal) would at least mean we should expect pso2 Cloud to happen, opening up not only Switch support, but also cloud client support on PC and xbox. Playstation support is gonna be iffy; considering that technically pso2jp inversely does not support xbox, but given the next generation of consoles starting up now, they may wind up just looking to get those going for both servers instead. Hopefully we'll hear something on this front the closer we get to the formal New Genesis update.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Actually yeah it's weird it hasn't showed up on Xcloud yet.

Also I can't wait to see how bad NGS is on the One S because the existing game is already real rough there.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I wasn't satisfied with the lack of non human robot heads for female casts so I tried to DIY one.

I'm unreasonable pleased with reusing a clown nose for the little red lens.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

If I'm just starting up, does it matter which ship/server I connect to?

e: Nevermind, Ship 2, I dunno how I missed it in the OP!

S.J. fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 2, 2021

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

PSO2COMI is here.

Collab Item Code: 1YLHY5C9G3VW3LN3

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
How do these voice packs work? Are they entirely new lines or am I gonna get to hear someone else yell "I'll scatter you to the four corners?"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Bloodplay it again posted:

How do these voice packs work? Are they entirely new lines or am I gonna get to hear someone else yell "I'll scatter you to the four corners?"

Entirely new lines, here's a playlist of them all: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWQGoR2beeUewdv1OtIfO28J2U4h6E-C_

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hit level 75 last night, and those 1 million exp tickets you get each day, are really not that helpful anymore. :stare: I guess every little bit helps, but it's not much of a dent in how much exp you need.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

Hit level 75 last night, and those 1 million exp tickets you get each day, are really not that helpful anymore. :stare: I guess every little bit helps, but it's not much of a dent in how much exp you need.

Those things are really only good for boosting up new classes to the point where you can run them through harder content. At 75 you're doing bonus keys and the daily xp quest to level up.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Yeah gold tokyo runs are how I'm gradually getting my subclass to 95, faster than most alternatives though

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Is there a date set for the final boss of ep6? It's about the only thing i didn't try on jp and i don't give a drat about novel/rivalates so I'm holding out for the cras gear.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
The final boss of PSO2 is Dudu, otherwise known as Dark Falz [Affixer]

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm glad that if you get a bad enough fortune draw, lightning strikes you.

Also, the second PSO2COMI code is out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has there been anything new yet about the upcoming next-gen update and all that it adds and graphical differences? Other than that CGI trailer back in June, where clearly nothing about it was actually in-game, I haven't seen anything else about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Has there been anything new yet about the upcoming next-gen update and all that it adds and graphical differences? Other than that CGI trailer back in June, where clearly nothing about it was actually in-game, I haven't seen anything else about it.

They did a two hour long "prologue" when someone casually mentions they were born in 2001 and makes you feel old. So old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUsd9cTipJw