Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm "HAPPY FUCKERS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

dr_rat posted:

wait myspace still... exists? Dear god why.

Like do people still use it? Who? Again why? So many question!
I am not entirely sure the site still works in any meaningful fashion, but I was definitely confused to find that the link still worked. I took that picture not long after it was written and I remember already being surprised the link worked then

Edit: Glad to hear someone is Happy Fuckers

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Guttlesswonder posted:

Calgary is an underrated city.

Lol wut.

I have to go to Calgary a few times a year. It's got good shopping and bars and some okay food buch hosed if I'm living amongst a resource city full of racist assholes. Also some of the highest covid rates in the country which tells you everything you need to know about the fygm culture.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Outrail posted:

Lol wut.

I have to go to Calgary a few times a year. It's got good shopping and bars and some okay food buch hosed if I'm living amongst a resource city full of racist assholes. Also some of the highest covid rates in the country which tells you everything you need to know about the fygm culture.

Calgary is a perfect example of urban sprawl. Do yourself a favor and drive into Banff. And yeah, Alberta is a political shithole right now.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Unlike a lot of the other insanely millennials naming zoomers names, Leviathan has an out where if it ends up being an unfortunate name because the kid is small, dumpy, or otherwise doesn’t fit, you can always revert to calling him Levi and nobody will look twice.

God help the poor fuckers named poo poo like Odin or Apollo (definitely met a few kids like that). They are never getting away from those names.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Bonzo posted:

Calgary is a perfect example of urban sprawl. Do yourself a favor and drive into Banff. And yeah, Alberta is a political shithole right now.

All that I know about Canada comes from this movie.

https://youtu.be/IWpThrDfQEI

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Bonzo posted:

'The best thing about Calgary is a ski town that's not in Calgary'

Kinda like saying the best thing about Los Angeles is the departure lounge at LAX.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

In Point Pleasant, West Virginia there is a statue of “Mothman” a ridiculous local Appalachia legend of a half man/half moth monster.

They even made a terrible reality show about a bunch of rednecks trying to catch it. Mostly they just ran around the woods at night with lights and cameras.

https://youtu.be/49c0bw76cPw

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Stampede honestly sounds horrible to me, but I do wish K-Days had more ag/handicraft content.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Chuds love cowboys until they find out how many were native/mexican/black

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Scrotum Modem posted:

https://i.imgur.com/u8uoqMC.mp4

enabling the optional audio not really necessary to experience it. that bitch be chuggin ranch. americana.mp4

HOLY poo poo

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Some pictures I took long ago in another life.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Scrotum Modem posted:

https://i.imgur.com/u8uoqMC.mp4

enabling the optional audio not really necessary to experience it. that bitch be chuggin ranch. americana.mp4

using people of walmart is basically cheating

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

colonelwest posted:

In Point Pleasant, West Virginia there is a statue of “Mothman” a ridiculous local Appalachia legend of a half man/half moth monster.

They even made a terrible reality show about a bunch of rednecks trying to catch it. Mostly they just ran around the woods at night with lights and cameras.

https://youtu.be/49c0bw76cPw

Of course the thirsty chud council paid for a rippling Adonis like body to look at.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

]

oh... er...

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
There's a beef jerky place in Michigan that has billboards on I-75 between Detroit and Toledo that says, "WE ARE NOT A GAS STATION!" and I laugh every time.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

gently caress yeah this is a good thread. Here's some random poo poo I've run into traveling around WI

Manitowoc's claim to fame is a hunk of sputnik crashed there

loving huge muskie at the freshwater fish hall of fame or whatever in Hayward

:911:

Fonz statue in Milwaukee

Plaque in Madison where Elvis did some karate

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
if i was a billionaire i'd spend all my money on building poo poo like that giant fish. it would pwn very hard

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Casu Marzu posted:

loving huge muskie at the freshwater fish hall of fame or whatever in Hayward

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Casu Marzu posted:

gently caress yeah this is a good thread. Here's some random poo poo I've run into traveling around WI

:911:

Fonz statue in Milwaukee

That looks like the one in SA user Bronze Fonz's avatar!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

wesleywillis posted:

:thunk: gonna have to follow this insidious compisracy to it's end ...

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

wesleywillis posted:

hosed up if true

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Speaking of Calgary, don't just go to Banff. Go to Drumheller too. Best dinosaur museum on the planet. That's where this guy is too. You can climb a staircase up through the leg and belly and hang out up in it's mouth.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

The Bloop posted:

oh... er...

ive only been to one stuckeys on the way to virgina beach and its awesome. buncha redneck kitsch poo poo with some decent blankets and mugs and other bullshit. i love it

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Picnic Princess posted:

Speaking of Calgary, don't just go to Banff. Go to Drumheller too. Best dinosaur museum on the planet. That's where this guy is too. You can climb a staircase up through the leg and belly and hang out up in it's mouth.

This made me think, "Oh, I've been in that dino's mouth."

Turns out he's actually based on this other big dinosaur with a staircase up to its mouth.

Which is, of course, at a creationist museum. Americana as gently caress.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I thought these were cool as hell since PeeWee

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This game is a crystallization of "Americana" kitch

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Bonzo posted:

There's a beef jerky place in Michigan that has billboards on I-75 between Detroit and Toledo that says, "WE ARE NOT A GAS STATION!" and I laugh every time.

Beef Jerky Outlet! The owner is the brother of my mom's best friend, and my dad and I set up the first (crappiest) version of their website.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Gutter Phoenix posted:

In 1997 I stopped at a gas station somewhere near Santa Rosa, CA and the mini-mart was completely stocked with It'sa brand merchandise. Stuff like "It'sa Cola!" and "It'sa Sandwich!" Here is a candy wrapper I saved because it was so goddamn weird. Look at those loving quotes!!

I have never seen It'sa brand anything ever again, and can't find any information on it online. If anyone knows anything about it, clue me in.

I posted this in the book thread years ago, but figured it fits here too. Does anyone else remember this place?

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 14, 2021

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

The Bloop posted:

I thought these were cool as hell since PeeWee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_atqPcXvcr0

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Crossposting from the bad tattoo thread.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Nipples protruding- very disrespectful!

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

Dickus

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

Picnic Princess posted:

I have done this in the middle of winter.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

[quietly snorts from off screen]

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

etalian posted:

State fairs are good summary of what's gross and amazing at the same time like a funnel cake.

https://twitter.com/JohnBeifuss/status/1124498113522278401

I'd leave out the amazing. Funnel cakes are a waste of money. Maybe I'm weird, but funnel cakes are nasty. For fair food, turkey legs is where it's at.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Linux Pirate posted:

I'd leave out the amazing. Funnel cakes are a waste of money. Maybe I'm weird, but funnel cakes are nasty. For fair food, turkey legs is where it's at.

I really think it's the oil they're cooked in that makes the difference with funnel cakes. Peanut oil..... ugh. Beef tallow.... pretty drat good. Yeah it sucks if you're vegetarian/vegan, but if you're eating disgusting fair-food, what are you even doing.

e: And don't get me started on if they keep using over-temp'ed oil without changing out that disgusting nonsense.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

spookykid posted:

I really think it's the oil they're cooked in that makes the difference with funnel cakes. Peanut oil..... ugh. Beef tallow.... pretty drat good. Yeah it sucks if you're vegetarian/vegan, but if you're eating disgusting fair-food, what are you even doing.

e: And don't get me started on if they keep using over-temp'ed oil without changing out that disgusting nonsense.

Idk, I must be going to the wrong fairs or stalls that use peanut oil because all I get is bland dough drowned in powdered sugar. Like I said, I'm weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

i want to go to my county fair this year SPECIFICALLY for my first taste of funnel cake

it looks disgusting and i want it 😭 although tbf ive eaten funnel cake fries so i guess it'd be the same thing

and now im the food tangent 🤪