Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

worked for wonder woman 1984
:mmmhmm:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

It's ok to have in the background while you shut your brain off but it's not the Platonic ideal that Futurama was.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah agreed. it's fine, i enjoy it and am glad a new season is dropping. but oh lord don't compare it to futurama

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
scooty puff jr suckssssssssssss

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

infernal machines posted:

so i guess it's just a trend in comedy writing then? don't write any jokes, just make absolutely everything "situational comedy"

yes it is, when you cast an snl actor you can tell them to riff instead of writing jokes for them to tell

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I tried to like it but couldn't get into it

same

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

duz posted:

yes it is, when you cast an snl actor you can tell them to riff instead of writing jokes for them to tell

like joey did when he was a doctor on days of our lives

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

It's ok to have in the background while you shut your brain off but it's not the Platonic ideal that Futurama was.

thats my take on it

it has the right joke rate for background tv or after a long day when you don't want to watch reruns

if netflix still had futurama it'd be a complete pass

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol

echinopsis posted:

also lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh poo poo i should go download all of futurama

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i wonder if futurama would poison a 3 year old's brain

had about enough of the magic schoolbus reboot

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
start em on the first ten seasons of the simpsons early

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
those are the only ones i dl'd

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

echinopsis posted:

Maybe you should practice your smell the fart posting.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

SmokaDustbowl posted:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

also disenchantment was a letdown but it's not BAD, it's just not futurama

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i mean it's a little bad

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

like i'll watch it cause there's nothin else on i guess

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rotor effortlessly claims the quad

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that one was actually the m-m-m-m-m-m-monster post

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i wanted to like disenchantment because abbi jacobson is good but the writing is just a big ol fart

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

broad city has ruined a wild amount of things for me

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

i mean it's a little bad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Casual Encountess posted:

how

I liked that show for a bit because I was told comedy from women was the best but then someone later said it was bad because of george clinton??? idk what to think

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

rotor posted:

i mean it's a little bad

i couldn't make it through s01e01

and i was completely delirious with new parent sleep deprivation when that came out lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Casual Encountess posted:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

if the review is right it does sound like disenchantment part 3 is doubling down on the wrong bit (large-scale storylines) yeah, i quite liked it, but mostly for the smaller stuff in dreamland (e.g. drunken escapades).

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

if the review is right it does sound like disenchantment part 3 is doubling down on the wrong bit (large-scale storylines) yeah, i quite liked it, but mostly for the smaller stuff in dreamland (e.g. drunken escapades).

lol it got webcomics syndrome

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

rereading Aylett's 'Velocity Gospel' and

quote:

He’s got a medical bracelet that says "Just throw me away"
same, same :lol:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bump_fn posted:

lol it got webcomics syndrome

lol oops

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i wonder if futurama would poison a 3 year old's brain

had about enough of the magic schoolbus reboot

download reading rainbow if you haven’t already

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i watched the whole recent big mouth season and now i have an updated opinion

not only is the character design abominable, the conceit of "[x] monsters" is incredibly tedious.

it's too bad because aside from nick kroll (who i know people run hot and cold on, i like him well enough) the voice casting is pretty decent for what it is. the jokes are fine but no great shakes

want another season of hoops instead tbqh

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

i keep misreading Disenchantment as Disenfranchisment and that's kind of how I feel about the whole program tbh

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/kthorjensen/status/1349106614175875074

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

idk why this is funny but it is

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'SAVE US!'...and I'll look down and whisper 'I;m thinkin about thos beans' .

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'SAVE US!'...and I'll look down and whisper 'I;m thinkin about thos beans' .

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

just lots of l i b e r a l i s m. theyre actually good writers, unlike lena dunham tho lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
broad city is good even if I'm far too old to relate to it