Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
"IN SPACE! WHERE I AM!" gets me every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPkpEAiyUqk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Xelkelvos posted:

Just check his rap sheet. Regardless of whether or not it's a troll, he keeps doing it and does it repeatedly and he only learns his lesson for a little bit before falling back into bad habits.

relax, goon.

Entrapta may be awful but its cartoon discourse, its whatever

The question who is second best (since double trouble exists.)

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
Watching The Boys last night, all I could think about was how I was watching Glimmer graphically rip a Russian thug’s face off with her bare hands.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Wrong thread

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
They're talking about the overlapping (voice-)actress, Karen Fukuhara. She's really good.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

They're talking about the overlapping (voice-)actress, Karen Fukuhara. She's really good.

Yeah. It makes every episode of The Boys inadvertently hilarious/awesome because I suddenly remember “Wait, that’s Glimmer!” when she’s massacring fools.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
i am blown away. Checking here IMDB she's also Kipo in Wonderbeasts, which is another great cartoon

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Because I'm a fan of Crazy Ex Girlfriend I loved that Mermista was voiced by Vella Lovell and is basically mermaid Heather.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I loved the part at the end where Seahawk is trying to reach her through the brainwashing and Mermista breaks it with "uuuuuuuughhhhh why are you like this!?"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Asgerd posted:

Yeah. It makes every episode of The Boys inadvertently hilarious/awesome because I suddenly remember “Wait, that’s Glimmer!” when she’s massacring fools.

Sorry, I wasn't telling that person that they were posting in the wrong thread. My post was originally off-topic and I edited it to say "Wrong thread" because it was ME who was posting in the wrong thread.

Having said that Karen Fukuhara owns.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
still no word on when the movie that introduces Finn is, I think my Twitter isn't working right???

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFbcrERgT46/?igshid=1d3u1bfk5y97m

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of voices you know from elsewhere, it took me this long to work out that Scorpia is also the girl on Superstore.

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum
Caught the first season and enjoyed it, but the start of season 2 didn't grab me so I drifted off and was fortunate enough to have a nice, complete arc of a show to binge in these trying times. Add another data point to me, a filthy het, who saw the kiss coming from S1 (and Glimmer and Bow from S4 at least), while my queer partner was oblivious to both. Now we get to fight for a year over who gets to be Catra for Halloween in the vain hopes that 2021 has parties by then.

I have never seen so many tears, both animated and real, over three days of binging a show. Voting Scorpia for best princess, Mermista for most underrated. Oh god I hope there's a moviiiieeee. :ohdear:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
A week ago I decided to finally check this show out.

Show good. Watched whole thing. Scorpia best princess.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Master Twig posted:

A week ago I decided to finally check this show out.

Show good. Watched whole thing. Scorpia best princess.

:yeah:

I love how widespread the Scorpia love is. A former co-worker recently posted on FB how much he enjoyed marathoning the series with his young daughter and immediately picked Scorpia when I asked who his favorite princess was.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
She is so kind! And visually her design is great too. I completely agree that scorpia is the best.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I into the show from the recommendation of a good friend of mine who is a trans-woman lesbian. She said the thing she saw in the show that she liked the best is that in the world of She-Ra, the concept of sexuality as we know it, doesn't exist. People are just into who they're into, and concepts like gay, straight, bi, pan, etc, don't exist because they don't NEED to. Her favorite character is Double Trouble, because she just loved that there was a non-binary character, voiced by a non-binary actor, and everyone properly used they/them pronouns to refer to them, even the bad guys. The show never relied on racism or homophobia as an easy way to show that someone is a bad guy.

The only character I didn't really like was Frosta. She felt like the writers went "Let's put Toph in our show, but take away everything that makes her interesting."

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

So if Scorpia is the best princess by near consensus, who is 2nd best?

My vote is Netossa, who's got a Batman-esque plan for everyone and surprising applications for what should be a silly one-note power.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Entrapta

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Entrapta

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Senerio posted:

Entrapta

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Entrapta is the correct answer. My favorite vent gremlin.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Now now: gremlins break machines. Entrapta makes them better.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Ahem.

Mermista

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

S Tier: Scorpia, Entrapta
A Tier: Mermista, Nettossa, Double Trouble, Sea Hawk, Wrong Hordak
B Tier: Bow, Perfuma, Catra, Spinerella
C Tier: Adora, Castaspella, Hordak, Angella, Glimmer, Shadow Weaver
D Tier: Frosta

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Master Twig posted:

"Let's put Toph in our show, but take away everything that makes her interesting."

I saw some Toph in there but it seemed more like "Let's just make one of the princesses a spoiled kid that thinks too much of themselves".

Toph could always back it up.

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum

Soonmot posted:

Ahem.

Mermista

:allears:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I loved the show making fun of itself with Netossa's introduction. "You can't remember what I do, can you Bow?" "Uhhhhhh...." "It's all in the name. I'm NET-TOSSA! I Toss Nets!"

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
If we are counting Catra, she stole the show.

I've got a soft spot for Glimmer and Adora.

But we all know that Mermista is the best princess after Scorpia.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Scorpia and Entrapta are undeniably at the top, I wouldn't put either over the other; Mermista is a close second.
While not a princess in title, I think Angella doesn't get anywhere near enough praise and I'd put her somewhere in the top third of the cast. On that note and deviating further from strictly princessess, Huntara is also superb, for the few minutes she has.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

pressedbunny posted:

Scorpia and Entrapta are undeniably at the top, I wouldn't put either over the other; Mermista is a close second.
While not a princess in title, I think Angella doesn't get anywhere near enough praise and I'd put her somewhere in the top third of the cast. On that note and deviating further from strictly princessess, Huntara is also superb, for the few minutes she has.

Huntara was amazing, yeah. I would have liked more of her as well. I liked everything to do with the whole wastelands area.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
S Tier: Everyone
D Tier: Kyle

Dammit Kyle, what did you do this time!?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Master Twig posted:

Huntara was amazing, yeah. I would have liked more of her as well. I liked everything to do with the whole wastelands area.

I think my favorite part of Huntara was how excited Geena Davis was to get the part.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I would eagerly watch a spinoff show about Huntara's adventures being buff.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iiZeoOERZY

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm bored, and my current forums project is almost over, so I made a watchalong thread for SPoP.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3957149

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Finished watching this show today after starting it back in October. It was enjoyable and Entrapta is, in fact, best character.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/MastersOfficial/status/1392872343647756288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Ah, so the spin-off is going in a different direction. Doesn't seem like my cup of tea but we'll see how it goes