Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gonz posted:

His finisher is the Crusher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Wes Lee is so loving dumb you almost forget how bad Nash Carter is. Jesus Christ.

It reminds me of that Chun Li-focused Street Fighter movie. I haven't actually seen it, but I remember reading about it on SA and chuckled at how the best part is apparently Chris Klein constantly yelling NASH OUT into walkie-talkies.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Digital Jedi posted:

https://streamable.com/09tvna

It was during an elimination match and used as a distraction to eliminate MVP. Which they still lost in the end

"MIA! MIA!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So is Nash Carter meant to be related to Kayden Carter?

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Procrastinator posted:

ali is a good wrestler imo

He can cut good promos too.

(And, while Dijak sure seems like a dick, I've definitely seen him have some good matches).

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i peeped the youtube clip just to see the gcw boys and wade barret excitedly said "WES LEE has some STYLE and GRACE" and i had to stop

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

collocation posted:

He can cut good promos too.

(And, while Dijak sure seems like a dick, I've definitely seen him have some good matches).

Dijak can do a top rope corkscrew moonsault and it looks good. That he is headed to "the next Matt Morgan" is his own fault.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I don't know much about Dijak but I had the impression he just lives the gimmick

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Grendels Dad posted:

It reminds me of that Chun Li-focused Street Fighter movie. I haven't actually seen it, but I remember reading about it on SA and chuckled at how the best part is apparently Chris Klein constantly yelling NASH OUT into walkie-talkies.

It's been a while but if I'm remembering right, Balrog punches Chun Li's mom so hard she gets cancer and dies.

What a fuckin' awful movie.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Vandar posted:

It's been a while but if I'm remembering right, Balrog punches Chun Li's mom so hard she gets cancer and dies.

how can you type two diametrically opposed sentences like this, I'm so confused

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

What do TUE have left to do in NXT? One of their tag guys is getting world title shots, I think they're at the limit.

hurt dynamites ratings. thats their purpose.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

What do TUE have left to do in NXT? One of their tag guys is getting world title shots, I think they're at the limit.

On the other hand, do you think they'll survive being moved up to the main roster? Why would they want to go to Raw or SmackDown, where an out of touch, insane old man is likely to job them out to loving Baron Corbin and then blame them for not catching on.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jan 14, 2021

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’s always possible that Vince is far enough gone by now that he thinks Cole is Shawn Michaels reborn

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Grendels Dad posted:

I saw this film in the cinema. After the first Street Fighter 4 tournament in Malaysia. Where they gave all the finalists free tickets to watch it after grand finals...but before the prize giving ceremony. What I'm trying to say is I never regretted placing so high in something in my life.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
You mean the most hardcore Street Fighter fans didn't like Bison portrayed as a short, blonde, Irish mobster? Shocking.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hunter: "what should we call our hot new nxy superstar?"

Shawn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_qK-sCsEIk

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Vandar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7DLq7bpTw

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I'm watching this without sound on my phone, it's amazing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

On the other hand, do you think they'll survive being moved up to the main roster?

No chance in hell

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That street fighter movie looks amazing why are people bagging on it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

That street fighter movie looks amazing why are people bagging on it

A Chris Klein supercut means you're not seeing any of Kristen Kreuk trying to act.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Someone find the scene where she seduces Bison's henchwoman.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Vagabundo posted:

On the other hand, do you think they'll survive being moved up to the main roster? Why would they want to go to Raw or SmackDown, where an out of touch, insane old man is likely to job them out to loving Baron Corbin and then blame them for not catching on.

can nxt survive if they don't leave

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Blaise330 posted:

can nxt survive if they don't leave

As long as Dynamite is there to counter-program against, yes

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Gaz-L posted:

Someone find the scene where she seduces Bison's henchwoman.

You might be thinking of the watchable Street Fighter movie.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

jesus WEP posted:

It’s always possible that Vince is far enough gone by now that he thinks Cole is Shawn Michaels reborn

He's just waiting for him to have his growth spurt.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

all of the NXT stable and tag team names are just the pits

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
on the non-existant show NXT UK tonight theres going to be WALTER vs A-Kid which remi9nded me that A-Kid exists and boy did he get lost here, on the other hand WALTER v A-Kid is likely to be fantastic

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Raul Julia is my canonical M. Bison in all contexts

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Blaise330 posted:

Break up and feud with each other. Future Shock!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Royal Updog posted:

Raul Julia is my canonical M. Bison in all contexts

GAME

OVER

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Lid posted:

on the non-existant show NXT UK tonight theres going to be WALTER vs A-Kid which remi9nded me that A-Kid exists and boy did he get lost here, on the other hand WALTER v A-Kid is likely to be fantastic

WALTER has had 2 of the best WWE matches of the last decade and nobody watched them because it’s in NXT UK purgatory. If he doesn’t want to leave the UK I don’t even know where else he could go after 90% of the Britwres scene got revealed as pedos this year.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

After Dynamite last night someone mentioned Chadd 2 Badd and it made me miss when the fluke of Southpaw Regional Wrestling happened. Cena is so loving good and so is Fandango. The last year of WWE programming should have just been SRW with Vince locked away in a closet and just let Tim and Eric, Mega64, and Red Letter Media just go back and forth making episodes super cheaply and having extra poo poo acting. Mike Stoklaska as a wrestling interviewer and Rich Evans to host.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4RFCRpp9P0

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

You might be thinking of the watchable Street Fighter movie.

WARNING MUTE VID UNLESS YOU WANT A lovely DANCE SONG THAT'S DUBBED OVER TO DEAFEN YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVJIqt0cQh8

No, the actual film sound wouldn't make this any better.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

The only thing I remember from that movie other than CHARLIE NASH is the one time they break out the spinning bird kick and it looks like poo poo and includes an insert shot of her dumb bird necklace so they can say get it?? get it???????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjtfeq1t1Rc

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I want to combine all these great things by financing a movie based on all two issues of Kevin Nash's post-apocalyptic comic book, but cast Chris Klein to play Nash in the film

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dacap posted:

WALTER has had 2 of the best WWE matches of the last decade and nobody watched them because it’s in NXT UK purgatory. If he doesn’t want to leave the UK I don’t even know where else he could go after 90% of the Britwres scene got revealed as pedos this year.

I think it's more he doesn't want to leave Germany, believe he's still the head trainer at WXW's school, you can fly to London for a set of tapings from the Ruhr in what, an hour maybe, plus another hour to get across to the BT Studio from the airport. As opposed to Orlando which is going to be 8-9 hours.

That said, I wonder how Brexit might impact the ability of the WWE to use EU wrestlers in NXT UK.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

forkboy84 posted:

I think it's more he doesn't want to leave Germany, believe he's still the head trainer at WXW's school, you can fly to London for a set of tapings from the Ruhr in what, an hour maybe, plus another hour to get across to the BT Studio from the airport. As opposed to Orlando which is going to be 8-9 hours.

That said, I wonder how Brexit might impact the ability of the WWE to use EU wrestlers in NXT UK.

in todays news incidentally Germany may be going into full lockdown because their covid death rate is out of control and the UK is already a covid wasteland

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think he left WXW back in November

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm watching this without sound on my phone, it's amazing.

I watched it WITH sound, and it's amazing.