Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, Marvel should absolutely have Anya Taylor Joy show up as Magik in Dr. Strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Start with the Astonishing team but replace Beast with Magik.

And use the Deadpool Colossus. Also use Laura instead of Logan. Boom, everyone's happy.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Deadpool 3 could be an adaptation of One More Day but with Wade and Feige in the place of Peter and Mephisto.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I don't understand people's desire to bring jackman back after Logan

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
It's a dumb meme Ryan Reynolds started.

Really though it's kind of sad that both Jackman and Chris Evans are done with their respective roles. Logan would have made a great foil for Cap.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I mean eventually they're going to find someone (hopefully) 5 feet tall and hairy who can act, throw them through the Marvel training/steroids rock polishing machine, and boom, new Wolverine.

Re: MCU Deadpool, it does not seem to be a hard problem to bring the fourth wall breaking guy into a new continuity and tell the audience to just not worry about it.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Recast TJ Miller's character in Deadpool 3 with Don Cheadle.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

AngryBooch posted:

Recast TJ Miller's character in Deadpool 3 with Don Cheadle. Terence Howard

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I mean eventually they're going to find someone (hopefully) 5 feet tall and hairy who can act, throw them through the Marvel training/steroids rock polishing machine, and boom, new Wolverine.

Are we still pretending that Disney doesn't have dozens of Jackman clones, Prestige style, in their basement?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah sign me up for keep Deadpool mutants and New Mutants and redo the rest. Also Laura was great but they'd have to undo her happy ending I guess.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

Are we still pretending that Disney doesn't have dozens of Jackman clones, Prestige style, in their basement?

They're right next to the RDJs

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know if that was really a happy ending.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know if that was really a happy ending.

Closest you could hope for in that timeline.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Anything important to know about the Eternals? I don't really know a bit about them. From what I gather, they sorta died around the time I've started to read Marvel comics.

Anything important about them that you don't already know will be explained in the movie. If you want to pre-game and get a crash course, pick up Neil Gaiman's Eternals as that seems the most likely source for the movie to be based off of.

But if you are looking for potential spoiler free info : Eternals are ancient immortal humanoids, created by the Celestials. The Eternals were created as defenders of Earth against the forces of the Deviants. Who were also created by Celestials. Oh and Celestials are kind of dicks that way.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

AngryBooch posted:

Recast TJ Miller's character in Deadpool 3 with Don Cheadle.

"I'm here, its me, deal with it, lets move on."

The Deadpool calls him Rhodey because its a Deadpool movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Thanos is an Eternal. Not sure if the MCU will keep that though.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

They also released a new volume of the Eternals literally last week, which seems like a really good place to start. It's also written by Kieron Gillen who is a fantastic writer.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Aphrodite posted:

I thought he was a Deviant

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

I thought he was a Deviant

He’s an Eternal who looks like a Deviant because of latent genes or something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He's like half and half or something? He's Eternal but he's got Deviant genes which is why he looks like one. But Starfox is his brother.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Aphrodite posted:

I thought he was a Titan. Or was he just from Titan?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

I thought he was a Titan. Or was he just from Titan?

Titan is an Eternal colony in the comics. It’s also the actual moon of Saturn, while the MCU one is a planet somewhere.

This may be retcon stuff and he was a Titan at some point though. It’s current canon at least.

STAC Goat posted:

He's like half and half or something? He's Eternal but he's got Deviant genes which is why he looks like one. But Starfox is his brother.

And both his parents are Eternals. He’s supposed to be a fluke.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Some new information about Monica Rambeau in WandaVision came out today ahead of the Friday release of the first two episodes of the show on Disney+. I am going to spoil them in case people want to go in completely blind. These are not big spoilers.

MINOR WANDAVISION SPOILERS

These collectible cards from the Topps company that are collected through an app had more details about how Monica Rambeau works for SWORD in the MCU, but SWORD in this version apparently stands for 'Sentient Weapon Observation Response Division', not 'Sentient World Observation and Response Department' from the comics. There are hints in the trailers that Scarlet Witch is being held somewhere and I guess the implication is that Rambeau works for the people who are doing that. Most of this is speculation though. But the acronym for SWORD is the real news.

https://www.ign.com/articles/sword-seems-to-stand-for-something-different-in-the-mcu-and-that-could-be-significant-for-wandavision

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Start with the Astonishing team but replace Beast with Magik.

And use the Deadpool Colossus. Also use Laura instead of Logan. Boom, everyone's happy.

I was thinking that maybe just skipping Logan and having Laura be Wolverine. We can have her say "my dad is dead" and just go with that. Maybe later we can reveal that Logan isn't actually dead but save that for the second movie.

But yea, Bring Wade, Negasonic and her partner, colossus and really that's it.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1349500170896084992

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Lurdiak posted:

I wish any of the movies looked this good, even briefly.
The Phoenix vs Galactus full page spreads are in the top tier of all superhero comic book art of all time, so it's a big ask

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

If there's anything that can reverse that it's if Ray Fisher's performance in the ZSJL gets huge plaudits and love from people. That would put the pressure on WB - in the end the average viewer neither knows nor cares who runs the film division, they do care about the actors they see on screen.

That is predicated on ZSJL being a big success that infiltrates meme culture etc which remains to be seen.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Honestly, I hope this doesn't quiet down. I think Hamada, Johns, and the WB should have to face questions and pressured about these allegations all while they're reaping the benefits of the HBO release in a couple months, and for years and years after as well.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I refuse to believe the balance of justice rests solely on the success of a Zack Snyder film.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The United States posted:

The Phoenix vs Galactus full page spreads are in the top tier of all superhero comic book art of all time, so it's a big ask

This is bullshit. Phoenix's rear end is fully on display in every panel, even when she has to unnaturally twist to do it.

But in the one behind view of Galactus his moon sized dump truck is obscured by energy?

Show the Galactass, Marvel.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I refuse to believe the balance of justice rests solely on the success of a Zack Snyder film.

No, you see, Zack isn't a racist therefore his film is so good it cures cancer and it's only Disney paying off critics that kept it from being released before

Honestly the thing that irritates me about this situation is the conflation of Snyder being apparently a good manager with being a good director.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I have very little faith that ZSJL will be a big hit (if such a thing is reliably recorded for a streaming exclusive). If it is as mindlessly convoluted, shallow and boring as BvS I do not see people sitting through 4 hours of it.

That said. It is the final WB project with Ray Fisher, he is in a leading role which has been described as the "heart of the film". A lot of discussion around release will I reckon be focused on this drama. If Fisher is excellent in the film, which he may well be, WB will be in a difficult position, especially if they're trying to recast the character. They might just have to abandon the character of Cyborg for a good long while.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean DC loves to try and make Cyborg a thing when for the most part people don’t care

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean DC loves to try and make Cyborg a thing when for the most part people don’t care
Ironically it was Geoff Johns pushing him with all his might.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The only thing that has ever gotten me to give even kind of a poo poo about cyborg is the Doom patrol series. I kinda doubt ZS is gonna be the second.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Ironically it was Geoff Johns pushing him with all his might.

Which was always blatantly "I know we need a non white character but all the big characters must be their whitest versions"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Teen Titans Go! Cyborg best Cyborg. Just eating pie and loving prog rock.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

Which was always blatantly "I know we need a non white character but all the big characters must be their whitest versions"

Which was really grating given, say, the Green Lantern in the public consciousness the most was John thanks to the cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Johns pouting into his cereal at age 30 while watching the cartoon "Hal's cooler"