Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think you mean Arrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

He's from mother flipping Fringe and Band of Brothers y'all

(as well as one-season forgotten show The Black Donnellys which I somehow remember being weirdly into)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

They should bring back Prison Break. Again.

It's 2021, space prison doesn't even sound that far fetched.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why not build prisons deep in the ocean. It could be a Seaquest reboot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

Why not build prisons deep in the ocean. It could be a Seaquest reboot.

Uh-oh.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Linc and that talking dolphin would be a great team.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IRQ posted:

They should bring back Prison Break. Again.

It's 2021, space prison doesn't even sound that far fetched.

IIRC there's some other stuff going on about why they're not going to do it but also Wentworth Miller said last year that he's done playing straight characters.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

muscles like this! posted:

IIRC there's some other stuff going on about why they're not going to do it but also Wentworth Miller said last year that he's done playing straight characters.

It could be a fabulous space jail

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sumo posted:

This is correct

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
hmm a few episodes in and it seems like the sopranos might be a good show :thunk: not sure anyone knew this

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sumo posted:

(as well as one-season forgotten show The Black Donnellys which I somehow remember being weirdly into)

Still to this day one of the best pilots for a show I've ever seen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TheAardvark posted:

hmm a few episodes in and it seems like the sopranos might be a good show :thunk: not sure anyone knew this

Not interested in opera based fiction thanks

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I didn't know that was a thing, but that's not a problem. Let's be real here, nobody would miss Sarah that much anyway.

Sucre is also still alive, just saying.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sumo posted:

It was a good show, thats why.

I mean, maybe. I haven't looked at it since then.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

IRQ posted:

I didn't know that was a thing, but that's not a problem. Let's be real here, nobody would miss Sarah that much anyway.

Sucre is also still alive, just saying.

I only watched the first season, was Sarah the prison doctor?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Azhais posted:

I only watched the first season, was Sarah the prison doctor?

She was. She stuck around as the love interest.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheAardvark posted:

It’s the best.

Simone Magus posted:

Wait, season 4 of Search Party dropped all at once??? I thought it was premiering weekly aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAA :supaburn:

It’s airing over 3 weeks. Eps 1-3 today, and then I think it’s 4-6 next Thursday and 7-10 the Thursday after.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did the drat font just change

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s airing over 3 weeks. Eps 1-3 today, and then I think it’s 4-6 next Thursday and 7-10 the Thursday after.

That's the ideal balance between dumping all at once and weekly. Keeps the show in the conversation but lets you feel like you're not just getting a drip feed.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Well this sounds nuts :stare: from the Queen's Gambit creator:

quote:

The Sparrow follows a group of Jesuit priests and scientists, led by linguist Father Emilio Sandoz, that makes contact with an extraterrestrial species. Seeing this as a sign, the Vatican then backs a secret mission to a faraway planet in order to prove the existence of God throughout the universe. Unfortunately, the mission ends in disaster and the lone survivor is Father Sandoz, who returns to Earth to face a Vatican inquiry into the ensuing scandal.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sounds like an Expanse spinoff

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sounds like Hyperion

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1349864005326626816

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Well this sounds nuts :stare: from the Queen's Gambit creator:

That's got a whole lot of good names behind it. I swear, FX rivals HBO for consistently good content.

newts
Oct 10, 2012

Looten Plunder posted:

That's got a whole lot of good names behind it. I swear, FX rivals HBO for consistently good content.

I really liked the book, but it was a hard read :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4AdFD3E2ok
A 2 1/2 hour long video talking about The Vampire Diaries.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This thread tricked me into watching this terrible show, but it was Ian Sommerhalder that made stay for 3 seasons

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4AdFD3E2ok
A 2 1/2 hour long video talking about The Vampire Diaries.

I've made jokes about stuff that like for video games but for a CW teen soap opera that doesn't seem like remotely enough time to cover what happened.

Just a detailed breakdown of straight and gay relationships in The 100 would take minimum 2 hours, more like 6 if also including the fan-base reactions and insanity.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Man, seeing more and more trailers for WandaVision has me stoked as hell. Non-spoiler spoilers for those who think months old casting news is a spoiler seeing Kathryn Hahn in just that brief clip in the latest trailer makes me think she is going to steal the show in the best way possible. Also excited for Kat Dennings to replay her character from the Thor movies. And I think Randall Park also will be really funny. His brief moments in Ant Man and the Wasp were genuinely funny.

Also, possible actual for real spoiler:
when looking to see who else was in it on IMDB, I saw a couple people cast as SWORD agents and gently caress yes. I hope this also backdoor pilots some of the Agents of SHIELD people into the MCU proper

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

pentyne posted:

I've made jokes about stuff that like for video games but for a CW teen soap opera that doesn't seem like remotely enough time to cover what happened.

Just a detailed breakdown of straight and gay relationships in The 100 would take minimum 2 hours, more like 6 if also including the fan-base reactions and insanity.

It isn't so much a review of the show as a whole but Jenny talking about her experience watching it. So there are tangents about the original book series, the ad that ran on the on demand version she originally watched back in the day and also a section on a pre-TV series videogame adaptation.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Snowpiecer season 2 soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I wonder if this is some weird publicity stunt.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
aw that sucks.

The Saved By the Bell reboot that was recently released isn't terrible once it finds its groove. it is really weird though. A.C. Slater as a loser owns.

the main actress is bad though and her use of the Zach time stop maneuver was horrible

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s weird in the best way, one of my faves of the year.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I haven't seen it but isn't Zach some kind of Orange County wealthy conservative now. Sounds perfect and they get it.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I wonder if this is some weird publicity stunt.

Why?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Because he's a notorious douchebag with zero career prospects. I saw his stand up years ago, it was full of "gently caress everyone on sbtb" and a ton of gay jokes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mu Zeta posted:

I haven't seen it but isn't Zach some kind of Orange County wealthy conservative now. Sounds perfect and they get it.

Yeah, he ran for governor in order to get out of a parking ticket and they show a clip from his lawyer show too. One of the guys in the writing room is the dude from Zack Morris is Trash, so they definitely get it. The opening premise is basically normal real world kids going to Bayside which is still exactly how we left it - overprivileged and rife with wacky schemes.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

WandaVision

I get that it hasn't started yet, but what's the deal with this?
Does the whole season use the 50's sitcom gimmick or is that just the pilot or something and then the rest is something else entirely?
Is it played straight or is it something akin to the wacky sequences in Legion where there is something not right/hosed up that the characters are either; completely oblivious to, or actively doing but playing it off as something totally normal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Looten Plunder posted:

I get that it hasn't started yet, but what's the deal with this?
Does the whole season use the 50's sitcom gimmick or is that just the pilot or something and then the rest is something else entirely?
Is it played straight or is it something akin to the wacky sequences in Legion where there is something not right/hosed up that the characters are either; completely oblivious to, or actively doing but playing it off as something totally normal?

There are some reviews out since the first three episodes were released to critics, but outside of that we don't know! It looks good, has trusted people involved, and has good early reviews so I am going to watch the full thing.