Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Doctor Who is a long-running British television programme about a time-travelling alien, alias 'the Doctor', who goes around solving problems in time and space. There are good times and there are bad times to be a fan of Doctor Who. We're not in a good time.

When Jodie Whittaker was announced to be the 13th Doctor, there was much rejoice over the casting of a woman. The issue many people forgot was that Chris Chibnall was the new showrunner. During his run, all the goodwill Whittaker's casting gained has evaporated after episodes that range from 'inoffensive' to 'offensive' aired. Now, with an even smaller season (due to the COVID-19 pandemic, not ineptitude), there are rumors that we may move on to a 14th Doctor after next season. Again, Doctor Who isn't going anywhere (thanks to foreign sales of future seasons), but there are an abundance of problems with the show going forward. Oh, and we're getting a new companion named Dan next season.

The previous thread can be found here. Now for the formalities.

NO SPOILERS gently caress it, I don't know what we do about spoilers now
We have a designated spoiler thread, but under Chibnall the amount of spoilers have dried like the lake in that one episode. Use your best judgement. Episode titles can be spoiler-y, so use discretion when discussing episodes yet to air. For example, 'Hide' doesn't spoil anything, but 'OH poo poo IT'S THE DALEKS' does.

WHERE DO I START?
The Woman Who Fell to Earth is a good starting point, as the current Doctor makes her first starring appearance there. This is not to discount Doctors 9-12, but so far their stories have not made a major point in the tenure of Whittaker's Doctor. If you want to watch the original series, there are plenty of places to start. You COULD start with An Unearthly Child and watch everything in chronological order. You could also watch individual serials of all the Doctors and determine which you like the best. Keep in mind, don't shotgun a whole Hartnell or Troughton in one go, or else you'll get complacent. Those 60's episodes are meant to be seen one at a time, and if you only just rented the DVD, wait a few hours between episodes.

The most popular serials for the original series you can jump into are:

First Doctor: An Unearthly Child, The Aztecs
Second Doctor: The Tomb of the Cybermen, The Enemy of the World
Third Doctor: Spearhead from Space, Carnival of Monsters
Fourth Doctor: Pyramids of Mars, The Robots of Death
Fifth Doctor: Kinda, Frontios
Sixth Doctor: Vengeance on Varos, Revelation of the Daleks
Seventh Doctor: Dragonfire, Remembrance of the Daleks

WHERE CAN I WATCH DOCTOR WHO?
BritBox is the place to watch almost every episode of the original series. In addition, you're in luck if you're an American, as you can watch the original run of Doctor Who on honest-to-goodness TV (Retro TV and some PBS stations)!

For the current run:

ON TELEVISION
UK - BBC One (first run), W
USA - BBC America (first run), most PBS stations
Canada - CTV Sci-Fi
Australia - ABC (first run), ABC ME, Syfy

STREAMING
UK - Sky Go, BBC iPlayer
USA - HBO Max
Canada - Crave
Australia - BritBox, Stan

SHOULD I BUY THE DVDs AND BLU-RAYs?
Just for the bonus features alone.

THE ALL-NEW GUIDE TO BIG FINISH
There are literally THOUSANDS of Doctor Who and Doctor Who-related audio dramas released by Big Finish Productions. In previous threads, I would pour over all the individual lines and describe them. With the great restructure of Big Finish lines, though, I have to adapt. So, here are some bullet points:

-Doctors 1-12 have their own individual lines now, although obviously the first three Doctors are not played by Hartnell, Troughton, and Pertwee. Here's a handy guide: if it's current series Doctor Who, "Adventures" means it's the actual actors, while "Chronicles" means it's not.
-The Companion Chronicles & the Early Adventures generally do not feature the Doctor, and some of them are essentially audiobooks with sound effects. Check the cast list if you want to know which is which.
-If you have ever asked "what about <random character x>?", boy are you in luck! There are so many spin-offs featuring characters both familiar and unfamiliar that you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a series that makes you say "THEY got a box set?" Some are good, some are bad, most are unremarkable.
-Everyone has a taste, so don't rely on other people's opinions. For example, I don't care for or about the Charlotte Pollard, but some people do! Some crazy people enjoy the story Nekromanteia - you do you!

THE DISCORD
Here it is. The future is now!

FINALLY, let's take a look back....all the way to ten years ago! Discussion about Victory of the Daleks was steering into the Doctor acting chummy to Winston Churchill.

Payndz posted:

Pertwee's Doctor was friendly with Napoleon, and Chairman loving Mao - during the Cultural Revolution.

To wit:

Chairman Mao posted:

Wonderful chap, all of them. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
One day, we'll know all the secrets of the shoes, and we'll stop our wandering

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

As always, shameless self-advertising: An index of the write-ups I've done for all the Revival Episodes so far, as well as the (distressingly large number) of Big Finish Audios I've listened to so far.

Be warned that most of the television write-ups feature a number of spoilers for future episodes as well, as they were all written months or years after I saw them on original airing. Audio write-ups may also feature references to episodes of the show, both classic and revival.

Television
8th Doctor - TV Movie: The Enemy Within | The Night of the Doctor
War Doctor - The Day of the Doctor
9th Doctor - Rose | The End of the World | The Unquiet Dead | Aliens of London/World War 3 | Dalek | The Long Game | Father's Day | The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances | Boom Town | Bad Wolf | The Parting of the Ways
10th Doctor - The Christmas Invasion | New Earth | Tooth and Claw | School Reunion | The Girl in the Fireplace | Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel | The Idiot's Lantern | The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit | Love and Monsters | Fear Her | Army of Ghosts | Doomsday | The Runaway Bride | Smith & Jones | The Shakespeare Code | Gridlock | Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks | The Lazarus Experiment | 42 | Human Nature/The Family of Blood | Blink | Utopia | The Sound of Drums | The Last of the Time Lords | Time Crash | Voyage of the Damned | Partners in Crime | The Fires of Pompeii | Planet of the Ood | The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky | The Doctor's Daughter | The Unicorn and the Wasp | Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead | Midnight | Turn Left | The Stolen Earth/Journey's End | The Next Doctor | Planet of the Dead | Waters of Mars | The End of Time
11th Doctor - The Eleventh Hour | The Beast Below | Victory of the Daleks | Time of Angels/Flesh & Stone | The Vampires of Venice | Amy's Choice | The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood | Vincent and the Doctor | The Lodger | The Pandorica Opens | The Big Bang | A Christmas Carol | The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon | The Curse of the Black Spot | The Doctor's Wife | The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People | A Good Man Goes To War | Let's Kill Hitler | Night Terrors | The Girl Who Waited | The God Complex | Closing Time | The Wedding of River Song | The Doctor, The Widow & The Wardrobe | Asylum of the Daleks | Dinosaurs on a Spaceship | A Town Called Mercy | The Power of Three | The Angels Take Manhattan | The Snowmen | The Bells of Saint John | The Rings of Akhaten | Cold War | Hide | Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS | The Crimson Horror | Nightmare in Silver | The Name of the Doctor | The Day of the Doctor | The Time of the Doctor
12th Doctor - Deep Breath | Into the Dalek | Robot of Sherwood | Listen | Time Heist | The Caretaker | Kill the Moon | Mummy on the Orient Express | Flatline | In the Forest of the Night | Dark Water | Death in Heaven | Last Christmas | The Magician's Apprentice | The Witch's Familiar | Under the Lake/Before the Flood | The Girl Who Died | The Woman Who Lived | The Zygon Invasion | The Zygon Inversion | Sleep No More | Face the Raven | Heaven Sent | Hell Bent | The Husbands of River Song |The Return of Doctor Mysterio | The Pilot | Smile | Thin Ice | Knock Knock | Oxygen | Extremis | The Pyramid at the End of the World | The Lie of the Land | Empress of Mars | The Eaters of Light | World Enough and Time | The Doctor Falls | Twice Upon A Time
13th Doctor - The Woman Who Fell to Earth | The Ghost Monument | Rosa | Arachnids in the UK | The Tsuranga Conundrum | Demons of the Punjab | Kerblam! | The Witchfinders | It Takes You Away | The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos | Resolution | Spyfall Part 1/Part 2 | Orphan 55 | Nikola Tesla's Night of Terror | Fugitive of the Judoon | Praxeus | Can You Hear Me? | The Haunting of Villa Diodati | Ascension of the Cybermen | The Timeless Children

Television Gifs
William Hartnell | Patrick Troughton | Jon Pertwee | Tom Baker | Peter Davison | Colin Baker | Sylvester McCoy | Paul McGann | Christopher Eccleston | David Tennant | Matt Smith | Peter Capaldi | Jodie Whittaker

Audios
4th Doctor Adventures - Season One
5th Doctor - Phantasmagoria | The Land of the Dead | Red Dawn | Winter for the Adept | The Mutant Phase | Loup-Garoux/The Eye of the Scorpion | Primeval | The Church and the Crown | Nekromanteia | Creatures of Beauty | Omega | The Axis of Insanity | The Roof of the World | The Game | Three's a Crowd | The Council of Nicaea | Singularity | The Kingmaker | The Gathering/The Veiled Leopard | Circular Time | Renaissance of the Daleks | Exotron | Son of the Dragon | The Mind's Eye | The Bride of Peladon | The Haunting of Thomas Brewster | The Boy That Time Forgot | Time Reef | The Judgement of Isskar | The Destroyer of Delights | The Chaos Pool | Castle of Fear | The Eternal Summer | Plague of the Daleks
6th Doctor - Whispers of Terror | The Marian Conspiracy | The Spectre of Lanyon Moor | The Apocalypse Element | The Holy Terror | Bloodtide | Project: Twilight | The One Doctor | ...ish | The Sandman | Jubilee | Doctor Who and the Pirates | Project: Lazarus | Davros | The Wormery | Arrangements for War | Medicinal Purposes | The Juggernauts | Catch-1782 | Thicker Than Water | Pier Pressure | The Nowhere Place | The Reaping | Year of the Pig | I.D | The Wishing Beast | 100 | The Condemned | Assassin in the Limelight | The Doomwood Curse | Brotherhood of the Daleks | Return of the Krotons | The Raincloud Man | Patient Zero | Paper Cuts | Blue Forgotten Planet
7th Doctor - The Fearmonger | The Genocide Machine | The Fires of Vulcan | The Shadow of the Scourge | Dust Breeding | Colditz | The Rapture | Bang-Bang-a-Boom! | The Dark Flame | Project: Lazarus | Flip-Flop | Master | The Harvest | Dreamtime | Unregenerate! | Live 34 | Night Thoughts | The Settling | Red | No Man's Land | Nocturne | Valhalla | Frozen Time | The Dark Husband | The Death Collectors | Kingdom of Silver | Forty-Five | The Magic Mousetrap | Enemy of the Daleks | The Angel of Scutari | A Thousand Tiny Wings
8th Doctor - Storm Warning | Sword of Orion | The Stones of Venice | Minuet in Hell | Invaders from Mars | The Chimes of Midnight | Seasons of Fear | Embrace the Darkness | The Time of the Daleks | Neverland | Zagreus | Scherzo/The Creed of Kromon | The Natural History of Fear | The Twilight Kingdom Faithstealer/The Last/Caerdroia/The Next Life | Terror Firma | Scaredy Cat | Other Lives | Time Works | Something Inside | Memory Lane | Absolution | The Girl Who Never Was | The Company of Friends
8th Doctor Adventures Blood of the Daleks | The Horror of Glam Rock | Immortal Beloved | Phobos | No More Lies | Human Resources | Dead London | Max Warp | Brave New Town | The Skull of Sobek | Grand Theft Cosmos | The Zygon Who Fell to Earth | Sisters of the Flame | The Vengeance of Morbius | Orbis | The Hothouse | The Beast of Orlok | Wirrn Dawn | The Scapegoat | The Cannibalists | The Eight Truths | Worldwide Web | Death in Blackpool | (Bonus) An Earthly Child | Situation Vacant | Nevermore | The Book of Kells | Deimos/The Resurrection of Mars | Relative Dimensions | Prisoner of the Sun | Lucie Miller/To The Death | Dark Eyes 1
The War Doctor - Only the Monstrous | Infernal Devices | Agents of Chaos | Casualties of War
10th Doctor Adventures - Volume 1 | Volume 2
Big Finish Specials - The Sirens of Time | The Light at the End | UNIT: Dominion | UNIT: Extinction | UNIT: Shutdown | UNIT: Silenced | UNIT: Assembled | UNIT: Encounters | The Diary of River Song Volume 1 | The Diary of River Song Volume 2 | Classic Doctors, New Monsters: Volume 1 | Classic Doctors, New Monsters: Volume 2 | The War Master Volume One

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Catchphrase!

Old episode reference!

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
Hot take that just came to mind: I think the next Doctor should have a (fake) mustache in honor of the Brigadier.

Or an eye patch in honor of Inferno Brigadier, whatever.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Woah the last thread was the 8th doctor of threads. Didn't last long, however memorable.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CommonShore posted:

Woah the last thread was the 8th doctor of threads. Didn't last long, however memorable.

In 17 threads' time, there'll be a surprise revival, completely out of left field.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Homora Gaykemi posted:

One day, we'll know all the secrets of the shoes, and we'll stop our wandering

I can understand the TARDIS giving the Doctor clothes that fit, but where does she get them from, I wonder?

Does River drop off new clothes based on her backwards timeline compared to the Doctor's?

Wonder what the backlash would be if River Regenerated into a new body to pal around with later Doctors through the power of "because the plot said so"

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Ooh, quoted in the first post! Weird. Anyway,

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vinylshadow posted:

I can understand the TARDIS giving the Doctor clothes that fit, but where does she get them from, I wonder?

Does River drop off new clothes based on her backwards timeline compared to the Doctor's?

Wonder what the backlash would be if River Regenerated into a new body to pal around with later Doctors through the power of "because the plot said so"

Well she's a digital consciousness so she can be uploaded into an android or something.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Round things, etc

Love the new thread smell

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Doctor Whoooooo
Doctor Who
Doctor Whooooo
The TARDIS

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Edward Mass posted:

Some crazy people enjoy the story Nekromanteia - you do you!

Nope. Not buying this. I refuse to believe this.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Well she's a digital consciousness so she can be uploaded into an android or something.

It's time to bring back Kamelion

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vinylshadow posted:

It's time to bring back Kamelion

no it fuckin isn't

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I actually built a brand new Kamelion, and it works perfectly and will be an enormous benefit to the show. Anyway, I need to write down the operation instructions, but first I'm gonna go stick my head in a hornet's nest and bang a drum loudly.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I'm always interested in the DW episodes that branch away from the usual tropes of science fiction into more obscure ones. Perhaps that's a bad way to phrase it because all tropes are tropes but, hm, how do I say this - odder tropes? For example, Warriors' Gate when they are stuck in E-Space:

Or Mind Robber when they are stuck in fairy tale land:

Does anybody have recommendations as to more of these? I guess I'm talking the odder the better. There is that old DW book where he, the fourth doctor?, and Romana are traveling backwards in time in a way. So they get to the place and everybody is like, thank you for saving us! I forgot it's title. Paradise or Carnival or something like that.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

chibnal bad whitaker bad (good actor given bad direction and writing) thanks

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Lampsacus posted:

There is that old DW book where he, the fourth doctor?, and Romana are traveling backwards in time in a way. So they get to the place and everybody is like, thank you for saving us! I forgot it's title. Paradise or Carnival or something like that.

Paradise of Death, by Jonathan Morris.

And if you're looking for recommendations, I think the best Who option you could be looking for, if you can find it, is The Crooked World by Steve Lyons.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Lampsacus posted:

Does anybody have recommendations as to more of these? I guess I'm talking the odder the better. There is that old DW book where he, the fourth doctor?, and Romana are traveling backwards in time in a way. So they get to the place and everybody is like, thank you for saving us! I forgot it's title. Paradise or Carnival or something like that.

Enlightenment is kind of like that. It's more conventional than something like The Mind Robber (what isn't), but immortals having a space race on 18th century schooners is more out there than most.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Open Source Idiom posted:

And if you're looking for recommendations, I think the best Who option you could be looking for, if you can find it, is The Crooked World by Steve Lyons.

Paradise of Death is a really good read, Crooked World is not. I’d recommend either Lawrence Miles’ Adventuress of Henrietta Street or Simon Bucher-Jones’ Grimm Reality over it.

For TV stories, shout out to It Takes You Away.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Crooked World is not.

Boo! It's really funny, and you cry when Scrappy Doo dies. The entire thing is caused by a sad child who asks spirits to be her imaginary friends. That's the definition of Doctor Who!

This is it, it's finally it. This is my hill and I am dying on it. This will be my death.

Boo I say!

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

Isn't Paradise of Death one of those atrocious Pertwee audios from the 90s?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Zaroff posted:

Isn't Paradise of Death one of those atrocious Pertwee audios from the 90s?

Oh gently caress, you're right.

Festival of Death, by Jonny Morris.

Paradise of Death is Jeremy Fitzoliver.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZADkls2ntc

Not My Daleks

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh gently caress, you're right.

Festival of Death, by Jonny Morris.

Paradise of Death is Jeremy Fitzoliver.

Oh poo poo, yes, Festival. That's the good one.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1349658161075146752

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Sure, today you're delighted your shoes fit perfectly, but a little later you'll be so excited you'll kiss the woman who inadvertently killed you, and then where will you be? It's a recipe for ending up mooning over a slip of a girl across multiple regenerations, though I should clarify that I mean ordinary moons when I say "mooning" and not giant eggs. Easy to mix those up.

Lampsacus posted:

I'm always interested in the DW episodes that branch away from the usual tropes of science fiction into more obscure ones. Perhaps that's a bad way to phrase it because all tropes are tropes but, hm, how do I say this - odder tropes? For example, Warriors' Gate when they are stuck in E-Space:

Or Mind Robber when they are stuck in fairy tale land:

For classic Who, try some of these on for size:
The Keys of Marinus
The War Games
Inferno
The Daemons
The Time Monster
Planet of the Spiders
The Masque of Mandragora
The Face of Evil
The Androids of Tara
The Keeper of Traken
The Awakening
Battlefield
Ghost Light
Survival

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Looking for other good Who novels, I can't recommend "The Sands of Time" by Justin Richards enough. Featuring Five, Nyssa, and Tegan, and a cult of Sutekh worshippers, it was the one novel I wised BF would've adapted for their Novel Adaptations range.

Bonus, it was reprinted a couple of years ago, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The Wheel of Ice (2/Jamie/Zoe) is good. Good book.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rewatched The Eleventh Hour and gave myself a headache remembering how the entirety of Series 5 worked as whole, so that's fun

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Looking for other good Who novels

Anything by Kate Orman (The Year Of Intelligent Tigers), Lance Parkin (Just War), Lloyd Rose (The Algebra Of Ice), Phillip Purser-Hallard (Nobody's Children), Kelly Hale (Erasing Sherlock), Mags L Halliday(History 101), Simon Bucher-Jones (The Taking Of Planet Five) and Lawrence Miles(Down). Simon Guerrier has written some excellent short stories, and does a pretty good job editing collections. His The Time Travellers is excellent.

Ben Aaronovitch is very good, though Transit suffers from a few issues. If you can track down Genis Loci or The Also People it's well worth your time.

Big fan of Paul Leonard and Jim Mortimore, particularly Dreamstone Moon and The Eye of Heaven, and Daniel O'Mahoney(The Cabinet of Light) has excellent prose.

Anything by Steve Cole (Ten Little Aliens), when he's pretending to be Tara Samms, is also really good. When he's not, he's often in a more workmanlike, Justin Richards type phase, though not always.

Jaqueline Rayner(EarthWorld) writes good, fun, fluffy reads, though -- ironically enough -- her best stuff has definitely been before she moved over to working on the New Series novels.

Finally, barring one or two shittier books, I really like Steve Lyons (The Witchfinders) and Paul Magrs (The Blue Angel).

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Lyons wrote the Witch Hunters, not the Witchfinders, which was an actual episode.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Anything by Kate Orman (The Year Of Intelligent Tigers), Lance Parkin (Just War), Lloyd Rose (The Algebra Of Ice), Phillip Purser-Hallard (Nobody's Children), Kelly Hale (Erasing Sherlock), Mags L Halliday(History 101), Simon Bucher-Jones (The Taking Of Planet Five) and Lawrence Miles(Down). Simon Guerrier has written some excellent short stories, and does a pretty good job editing collections. His The Time Travellers is excellent.

Ben Aaronovitch is very good, though Transit suffers from a few issues. If you can track down Genis Loci or The Also People it's well worth your time.

These are all great opinions. The Also People is a wonderful book, well worth tracking down.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Flip might have Covid :(

https://twitter.com/Lisagreenwood20/status/1350221496631832576?s=20

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/connxrbradshaw/status/1350724452561121281

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Big Mean Jerk, was this from you?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Toss out Rory and I'd watch a season or two with just those best girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Toss out Rory and I'd watch a season or two with just those best girls

Why would you toss Rory, the best of them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajRRbnerug8