Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I haven't been doing any art the last couple days cause something is wrong with me. I don't think it's the rona. I'm not even sure I'm sick. But like the underside of my jaw swelled up on got tender on just the left side. Minor headache to go with it, again on just the left side. It feels like it's the actual muscle and not like a typical sore throat but idk No other symptoms. I don't have anywhere to be and it's perfectly manageable so I'm just bunkering unless it gets worse. But it's a little hard to concentrate so I'm just goofing off and not getting any work done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Tip posted:

Ok boomer, cool kids call it a 'ghini now. :coolspot:

Much as this hurts, it's a good opportunity to use one of my favorite new smilies :okboomer:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Tip posted:

Ok boomer, cool kids call it a 'ghini now. :coolspot:

That's racist

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Does that mean Zelda is racist?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

This isn’t true! Mods?!?!?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I thought you guys could use a taste of success to really get you hungry so I made a practice thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3955574&perpage=40&noseen=1

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Jakabite posted:

I thought you guys could use a taste of success to really get you hungry so I made a practice thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3955574&perpage=40&noseen=1

Back at the beginning someone made "the 1001 page thread" but it turned out to be "the 1001 page thread".

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Cheap knockoff threads are only further proof of the great things The 1000 Page Thread is destined for.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

On page 1000 justice will rain down on those who worship at false idol threads.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I know we're gonna make it there, it has to happen

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I’m cashing in on the growing fame of the 1000 page thread. Capitalism, baby!!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

No work tomorrow, gonna stay up and get fat and watch something. Should I watch:
Tenet
Soul
Latest Expanse ep
Continue watching Gangs of London
Something else???!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

No work tomorrow, gonna stay up and get fat and watch something. Should I watch:
Tenet
Soul
Latest Expanse ep
Continue watching Gangs of London
Something else???!!

Monster Musume

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Watch Soul. I really enjoyed it, best Pixar movie in a long time and it barely qualifies as a movie for kids. It really speaks to a lot of stuff that kids don't have the life experience to understand.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I think I'm gonna watch Highlander tonight. It's up on Prime and I've never seen it.

I have seen the hilariously terrible sequel because it's my best friend's favorite movie. He got me and another friend to watch it when we were in college and he was very hurt by us laughing and making fun of it.

I really thought he was being ironic when he said it was his favorite movie. :shrug:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Tip posted:

I think I'm gonna watch Highlander tonight. It's up on Prime and I've never seen it.

I have seen the hilariously terrible sequel because it's my best friend's favorite movie. He got me and another friend to watch it when we were in college and he was very hurt by us laughing and making fun of it.

I really thought he was being ironic when he said it was his favorite movie. :shrug:

Oh my god I love the Highlander. Its so cheesy and Lambert is so bad at acting.
There can be only one!!!

Soul sounds like a good choice for tonight.

Meme Poker Party posted:

Monster Musume

I'm taking an anime break. I just finished watching March Comes in Like a Lion. I don't think that Monster Musume is really something I'd watch anyways though lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm taking an anime break. I just finished watching March Comes in Like a Lion. I don't think that Monster Musume is really something I'd watch anyways though lol

Sorry I thought it would be obvious that was a joke just throwing it out with no idea of what you might be looking for. If I was actually going to blind recommend an anime to someone I don't anything about... hmm... probably One Punch Man.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Meme Poker Party posted:

Sorry I thought it would be obvious that was a joke just throwing it out with no idea of what you might be looking for. If I was actually going to blind recommend an anime to someone I don't anything about... hmm... probably One Punch Man.

Ah. I've seen that one! Unless theres more than 2 seasons now. The second season was just ok. Mob Psycho is the better show imo

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ah. I've seen that one! Unless theres more than 2 seasons now. The second season was just ok. Mob Psycho is the better show imo

Mob Psycho is also an excellent show, they are both very good. I have no qualm with this opinion.

Anime hell yeah

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Mob Psycho is so good. I have no joke watched it about three times because it is very satisfying

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Doc Fission posted:

Mob Psycho is so good. I have no joke watched it about three times because it is very satisfying

Yeah its really good, and I normally don't like shonen type stuff. Reigen really makes the show for me, I crack up at every one of his "special moves"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Doc Fission posted:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah its really good, and I normally don't like shonen type stuff. Reigen really makes the show for me, I crack up at every one of his "special moves"

Fact: The Reigen hypnosis sucker punch is one of the greatest comedic moments ever written.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I thought anime was pronounced aneem til I was about 14

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I will never forget Reigen Arataka sucker punching a blind guy

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Jakabite posted:

I thought anime was pronounced aneem til I was about 14

Heh heh. How ridiculous. We all know how it’s really pronounced though. *tugs collar*

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm calling it early, 2021 is the year that dozens of celebrities get outed as cannibals.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Tip posted:

I'm calling it early, 2021 is the year that dozens of celebrities get outed as cannibals.

I was with you until the "cannibals" part :thunk:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

cnut posted:

I was with you until the "cannibals" part :thunk:

cnut
May 3, 2016

:barf:

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Who among us, etc

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

I respect an attractive young celebrity who turns out to be a demented cannibal. There’s some artistry, a certain boldness to that move.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Got high as gently caress last night and watched Soul which made me feel things

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Feeling things for media is imo, fine and good. I believe the reason it is often mocked is because many feel that expressing genuine emotions outside of the context of traumatic events makes them feel vulnerable or "weak" for being influenced. It is a sign of not being at peace with one's self.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

As I get older I have definitely started to become more affected by media (eg. John Wick is a great movie, but I will not watch the first 15-30 minutes because of the dog).

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i think there should be a recut trailer for reservoir dogs that makes it look like the whole movie takes place in the diner and at the end mr pink decides to chip in for the tip. a triumph of the human spirit

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
People who are proud of not feeling things at media are very sad and it makes me think less of them.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
in pre-youtube days i feel like my english teacher never actually said that ravens really can talk because of her own doubts. i think it would have improved edgar allen poes the raven

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Well the two page thread did not work as the motivation I intended it to.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Back to poop talk: I'm buying a bidet

You can get a well reviewed bidet for like $15 on Amazon but I'm gonna go all out and buy one for $19.

I've never even used a bidet before, I feel kinda weird about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I'd get one but I just don't feel like doing the set up :effort: