Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Zudgemud posted:

Fresh pineapples contain high amounts of proteases, a type of enzyme that destroy/breaks down other proteins. Your body, and thus also your mouth, is to a great externt made of proteins. One can tenderize meat by putting it in pineapple juice.

Use pineapple juice to thwart the gout also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

irpoweroutlet posted:

I was in the market for a used car at the beginning of the pandemic and seem to remember a lot of people speculating that the used cars would drop in price as it went on.

am I not remembering this right?

i think that was based on the assumption that lots of people would be getting rid of cars they're using much less now, ignoring the fact that having a car is basically a requirement to doing anything at all outside your home in most areas of the country. but new cars are expensive so when times are tight and your jalopy gives up the ghost you're probably gonna buy used, especially if your work situation's all hosed up so financing is harder to get.

iirc even before the PLANdemic used car prices weren't decreasing as fast as they used to in decades prior.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lollontee posted:

basically anyone here can call you a bastard now, and theres nothing you can do about it

its a free country

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I've been waiting 20 years to be a Mod and I'm 99% sure if it actually happened I would immediately hate it

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

like cops and politicians anyone who actually wants to be a mod should be immediately disqualified

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

FistEnergy posted:

I've been waiting 20 years to be a Mod and I'm 99% sure if it actually happened I would immediately hate it

I just wanted to b-b-b-b-be a moderator.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Quetzadilla posted:

like cops and politicians anyone who actually wants to be a mod should be immediately disqualified

:sushiyes:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

irpoweroutlet posted:

I was in the market for a used car at the beginning of the pandemic and seem to remember a lot of people speculating that the used cars would drop in price as it went on.

am I not remembering this right?

Are you not remembering the Hertz rental car stuff where they initiated bankruptcy and then tried to sell a lot of their fleet at pretty much straight retail used prices? Even used rental cars in a bankruptcy firesale are overpriced.

There are no deals.

Also cash for clunkers took a lot of good jalopies off the road, and crushed them into useless cubes before salvaging any useful parts. Granted, that was a decade ago, but that was also the last time you could reliably find old Camrys for $2k and Hyundais for a grand.

You can try your luck at hail damaged and salvage title cars. I drive a hail damaged car. It's fine, after replacing the engine for reasons not related to hail. And I live in Colorado so it's bound to happen eventually, just beating mother nature to the punch. Not going to be able to finance a salvage title though.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

FistEnergy posted:

get in line :mad:

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

bring back the mod sass rule in honor of the fossil we elected to office

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

TACD posted:

get in line :mad:

so how do you like getting old

sucks huh

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Are you not remembering the Hertz rental car stuff where they initiated bankruptcy and then tried to sell a lot of their fleet at pretty much straight retail used prices? Even used rental cars in a bankruptcy firesale are overpriced.

There are no deals.

Also cash for clunkers took a lot of good jalopies off the road, and crushed them into useless cubes before salvaging any useful parts. Granted, that was a decade ago, but that was also the last time you could reliably find old Camrys for $2k and Hyundais for a grand.

You can try your luck at hail damaged and salvage title cars. I drive a hail damaged car. It's fine, after replacing the engine for reasons not related to hail. And I live in Colorado so it's bound to happen eventually, just beating mother nature to the punch. Not going to be able to finance a salvage title though.

ugh gently caress I've been so mad about the rally to restore sanity over the past week i forgot i was still mad about cash 4 clunkers being such a loving dumb and terrible policy that was actively detrimental to the environment.

seconding salvage titles though, i've been driving salvage titles my entire adult life. granted my car is old enough to rent its own car but i own it outright and it gets me places.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

this made me cackle

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Just lmao that this person made $4 mil off of meme stocks

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TeenageArchipelago posted:

img-timeline BITCH

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/NorthmanTrader/status/1349816011441250307

lmao now I know we're hosed

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I thought like from the beginning it was clear he meant $1400 to make the $600 check go up to $2000, not an additional $2000 check??? not sure why everyone’s acting all confused now

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I don’t like Joe btw I literally just did not ever get the impression we were getting more than an additional $1400

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

im on the net me boys posted:

I thought like from the beginning it was clear he meant $1400 to make the $600 check go up to $2000, not an additional $2000 check??? not sure why everyone’s acting all confused now

Tbqh I'm with you there, not sure where the confusion is. But also give me $2000

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

biden said that if ossoff and warnock both won then $2000 checks would be mailed out. not $1400 checks.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

look if we can get Joe Biden to think he promised us a fresh $2000 check that’s fine by me

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Shear Modulus posted:

biden said that if ossoff and warnock both won then $2000 checks would be mailed out. not $1400 checks.

I must have missed this

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I must have missed this

https://twitter.com/_pizzzabutt/status/1349871842920603649

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

alright now I’m mad. gently caress you joe

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

this article has a video of him campaigning in georgia the day before the election saying it: https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/tunedin/biden-if-dems-win-in-georgia-dollar2000-checks-will-go-out-the-door/vi-BB1ctcRS

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

That's the main guy, right?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

SchnorkIes posted:

Maybe? I don't know I just pull poo poo from wsb every once in a while, I don't really browse it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

“2600 dollars? too much for the poors. keep it at an even 2k”

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010

SchnorkIes posted:

That's the user deepfuckingvalue I read his DD back in August bought 5k$ worth of gme at 9$ it was epic this week.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

it was always gonna be $600 + $1400, nerds

do you people not pay attention to anything? lmao

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

when someone says they're going to send $2000 checks I don't assume it means a $1400 check, 'full stop'.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

They promised actual $2000 checks after spending all of last year telling us "Dedund the police is lovely messaging."

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

by that logic Biden could send $200 because trump sent $1200 and $600 and you loving liberals would love to say 'gotcha' about that poo poo

makes me sick

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Access to $2000 checks

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Has someone written a decent explanation of the Tesla stock bubble, and if so could I get a link to it?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

you fuckin dork

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i actually love it when politicians break explicit promises. and this isn't bloodm, its victory wine

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

And it only took risking 700k

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Antonymous posted:

when someone says they're going to send $2000 checks I don't assume it means a $1400 check, 'full stop'.

Tubgoat posted:

They promised actual $2000 checks after spending all of last year telling us "Dedund the police is lovely messaging."

There was a big push to make the $600 checks $2,000 instead. When Mitch single-handedly sabotaged it, we got $600 instead. The remainder is $1,400. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

There was a big push to make the $600 checks $2,000 instead. When Mitch single-handedly sabotaged it, we got $600 instead. The remainder is $1,400. :shrug:

hey rear end in a top hat since you apparently don’t need $600 how about you give us your $1400 then