Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
A hot dog is NOT a sandwich, and only a pedant would argue that it is. Trust me, it takes one to know one :colbert:

E: Content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pththya-lyi posted:

A hot dog is NOT a sandwich, and only a pedant would argue that it is. Trust me, it takes one to know one :colbert:

E: Content

To be fair, nothing about that statement is false

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

EasilyConfused posted:

Keep on fighting that noble crusade against something completely innocuous.
normalised != innocuous

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
But it is that. If you ask most guys they won’t care, not because it’s normalized but because it doesn’t bother them.

You can’t force someone to care about stuff

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

christmas boots posted:

To be fair, nothing about that statement is false

This is literally Boolean logic iirc.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

EasilyConfused posted:

Edit: Actually, gently caress you for comparing circumcision to domestic violence and suicide.

We can care about more than one social issue at a time. I don't think this is equivocation.

I for one do not want my dick mutilated thank you very much.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

CharlestheHammer posted:

But it is that. If you ask most guys they won’t care, not because it’s normalized but because it doesn’t bother them.

You can’t force someone to care about stuff

That's not a stellar argument, considering the average heterosexual guys' opinions on social norms.

Edit: if you want to get some real IoSM (and some AUG content) check out the anticircumcision reddit episode of the FPLUS podcast.

How Rude has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Jan 14, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
please shut up about dick skin

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

How Rude posted:

That's not a stellar argument, considering the average heterosexual guys' opinions on social norms.

Edit: if you want to get some real IoSM (and some AUG content) check out the anticircumcision reddit episode of the FPLUS podcast.

I mean yeah but these are social norms about themselves

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

How Rude posted:

We can care about more than one social issue at a time. I don't think this is equivocation.

I for one do not want my dick mutilated thank you very much.

sorry, legal circumcision means that your dick can only be mutilated against your will, and as a grown adult (no anesthesia)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
apropos of nothing, is forums user dick trauma still around?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

christmas boots posted:

We can either take the foreskins or we can teach men to wash their penises. One of these fights is winnable.

You can’t wash my penis, it’s never been washed, it won’t respond well to soap and water, it’s very well seasoned, like a cast iron pan, if anything you just put a moist towel on it and hit it with a lot of sand.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Shut up about dicks

https://twitter.com/TalesOfBeyond/status/1348736096348344322?s=20

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EasilyConfused posted:

Edit: Actually, gently caress you for comparing circumcision to domestic violence and suicide.

It's really cool how every time someone brings up that there's an established list of "pro-man" causes MRAs tote around to derail effective feminist action, and only to derail effective feminist action, some dummy has to wander in and throw a tantrum about how were the ones not respecting the seriousness of the issues. You'd think when I brought up people drawing false comparisons to FGYM FGM it would be the big clue on whey there's a giant "but my foreskin" whining campaign in the manosphere to begin with, but I guess some things just got to be spelled out.

MRAS COMPLAIN ABOUT CIRCUMCISION IN ORDER TO DISTRACT AND SHUTDOWN FEMINIST DISCOURSE ON BODILY AUTONOMY RELATED TO REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS AND SEXUAL CONSENT, MUCH LIKE THEY BRING UP SUICIDE RATES AN DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AGAINST MEN ONLY TO HALT DISCUSSIONS ON VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN. THAT IS HOW CIRCUMCISION AS AN ISSUE IS LIKE SUICIDE AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

Oh, and yeah bro, I'm against circumcision because it violates bodily autonomy and having a consistent ethical code means I don't exempt clear violations, even if they're relatively minor issues in the grand scheme of things. Not everything has to be the crime of the century to still be a bad thing enable by bad ideas.

there wolf has a new favorite as of 02:17 on Jan 15, 2021

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

This dude 100% ripped rear end while making out with his wife, lied about it, and now has to post on the internet asking about ghost farts to maintain the charade.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Volcott posted:

apropos of nothing, is forums user dick trauma still around?

Sure is

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

there wolf posted:

It's really cool how every time someone brings up that there's an established list of "pro-man" causes MRAs tote around to derail effective feminist action, and only to derail effective feminist action, some dummy has to wander in and throw a tantrum about how were the ones not respecting the seriousness of the issues. You'd think when I brought up people drawing false comparisons to FGYM it would be the big clue on whey there's a giant "but my foreskin" whining campaign in the manosphere to begin with, but I guess some things just got to be spelled out.

MRAS COMPLAIN ABOUT CIRCUMCISION IN ORDER TO DISTRACT AND SHUTDOWN FEMINIST DISCOURSE ON BODILY AUTONOMY RELATED TO REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS AND SEXUAL CONSENT, MUCH LIKE THEY BRING UP SUICIDE RATES AN DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AGAINST MEN ONLY TO HALT DISCUSSIONS ON VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN. THAT IS HOW CIRCUMCISION AS AN ISSUE IS LIKE SUICIDE AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

Welp, I feel stupid now. My bad.

there wolf posted:

Oh, and yeah bro, I'm against circumcision because it violates bodily autonomy and having a consistent ethical code means I don't exempt clear violations, even if they're relatively minor issues in the grand scheme of things. Not everything has to be the crime of the century to still be a bad thing enable by bad ideas.

Thanks for explaining your viewpoint, bro.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

What does FGYM mean? I'm familiar with FYGM but google isn't helping me with FGYM. Best answer it had was "Faith Gospel Youth Ministry" which I suspect is not what you're talking about.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

marshmallow creep posted:

What does FGYM mean? I'm familiar with FYGM but google isn't helping me with FGYM. Best answer it had was "Faith Gospel Youth Ministry" which I suspect is not what you're talking about.

female genital something mutilation is where i went with it but i could be wrong

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

I want to say Female Genital Mutilation but the Y is throwing me off. Gen-Yital?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
the y is for yikes

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Because they don't remember, because it happened when they were a week old. It's still a lovely thing to do to babies for no reason.

Edit: I'm circumcised and I don't care, I'm not one of those guys that cares that much. And no, it's nowhere NEAR as bad as FGM. But if I had a son I probably wouldn't have it done to him, seems like a lovely thing to put a baby through for no reason.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Yeah the Y is throwing me off too. I know what they mean by the acronym, but I've only ever heard it as FGM.

My internet-poisoned brain just automatically parses it as "gently caress Got, You Mine"

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Jan 15, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Len posted:

female genital something mutilation is where i went with it but i could be wrong

"Yonic"?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Edit: NVM

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/LinzDeFranco/status/1349737447622545411

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I mean, we would have gotten to see video of Lin Manuel Miranda being beaten by police.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A liberal insurrection is literally the american war of independence.

Like, the thing that play is about, or something??

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

I mean, we would have gotten to see video of Lin Manuel Miranda being beaten by police.

Don't tempt me with a good time.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

If anyone ever wants to know what the difference between a leftist and a liberal is, read this Tweet.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

OwlFancier posted:

A liberal insurrection is literally the american war of independence.

Pretty sure American liberals are just fine paying taxes, actually.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Pretty sure American liberals are just fine paying taxes, actually.

But being extremely mad they can’t steal from foreigners is extremely on brand

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EasilyConfused posted:

Welp, I feel stupid now. My bad.

Thanks for explaining your viewpoint, bro.

We're cool. My original post could have been clearer about the distinction.

It means malapropism isn't just for regular words anymore!

Totally meant FGM, female genital mutilation. Sorry for the confusion, everyone.

there wolf has a new favorite as of 02:18 on Jan 15, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/undeadscribe/status/1349919939826757634?s=20

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

I...wasn't expecting every response to that tweet to be "they're right though." loving ridiculous.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Hellblazer187 posted:

Because they don't remember, because it happened when they were a week old. It's still a lovely thing to do to babies for no reason.

Edit: I'm circumcised and I don't care, I'm not one of those guys that cares that much. And no, it's nowhere NEAR as bad as FGM. But if I had a son I probably wouldn't have it done to him, seems like a lovely thing to put a baby through for no reason.

It took me like a year to learn to walk after I got mine done. poo poo's traumatic.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It took me like a year to learn to walk after I got mine done. poo poo's traumatic.

:v:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

I think you should tip 20%, or $2 if the bill is under $10.

The novelty of $2 bills and 50¢ pieces allows you lowball in tips.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Automatic Slim posted:

The novelty of $2 bills and 50¢ pieces allows you lowball in tips.

the number of white boomer dudes who tip a single $2 bill while acting like they're doing you a favor by visiting such wondrous novelty upon your poor peasant life....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I was so shocked I couldn't even talk about it for a year and a half.