Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Sure hope I can actually snag this soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Crosspeice posted:

The Netflix adaptation, Lewis Devil Humphrey.

this imaginary possibility pissed me off

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I keep looking at the spoiler pic and laughing my rear end off. It's so ridiculous.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Ryaomon posted:

homie you think that's silly wait until you hear what the main character's name is

It genuinely took me a decade to realize.Monkey D. Luffy + King of the pirates = Monkey King

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm still waiting for Zoro to eat a fox model fruit.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Zoro will eat the navigation fruit and it turns out he's so bad at directions that even a devil fruit can't fix it

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

When the fruit awakens, the world around him reshapes itself so that he can never be going in the wrong direction.

Unfortunately he still gets lost, and so does everyone in his vicinity.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

The only way Zoro would gain power from a devil fruit is by finding the biggest, heaviest one and lifting it 10,000 times.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

RatHat posted:

Enjoy this amazing panel from Chapter 1001 without any context

https://i.ibb.co/BT01KKW/1610546438.jpg

I don't normally look at spoilers but holy cow, this did not disappoint.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Marluxia posted:

I don't normally look at spoilers but holy cow, this did not disappoint.

Okay you convinced me and I too have no regrets.

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
Just gonna drop this here
https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/one-piece-chapter-1001/

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
(1001 spoilers)

Law: For this climactic battle against 2 of the strongest opponents in the entire world, I will use the power of ROCKS

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Oda doing a badass spread of Luffy on one page then having him mugging like a goon during a game of fireball chicken on the next is why One Piece is #1

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Cat Machine posted:

Oda doing a badass spread of Luffy on one page then having him mugging like a goon during a game of fireball chicken on the next is why One Piece is #1

i just figured they were dodging a super fast attack in a dumb way by accident, it happening the way it does on top of the dumb faces is one of the funniest things in this dumb manga :allears:

also I like that zoro just learned foxfire style offscreen and has to tell Luffy to focus up at a time like this.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Garp getting done dirty by not being on that collection of dudes that can fight Kaido

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

HerraS posted:

Garp getting done dirty by not being on that collection of dudes that can fight Kaido

I think it's because everyone he visualized was a pirate, even if in Oden's case it was only for a while.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
for anyone who doubted before, now we have confirmation that Shanks is capable of fighting Kaido, also likely has the same advanced Ryou haki

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

this is hype af

Runa fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 15, 2021

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Hell yeah. loving awesome.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
big fan of everyone who can fight kaido who is dead laughing at him. is that rocks too?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

HerraS posted:

I had the exact same reaction ha ha.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Just as an FYI, playing "Reborn! The Straw Hat Pirates" while you read this chapter is HIGHLY recommended!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imsIIRnKZvI

Holy poo poo, there's so much to say about this chapter it's insane. I haven't even finished it yet, but I will say this: there's this real, palpable feeling that Luffy/Zoro/etc really are playing in the big leagues now. Now they absolutely have to fight on the level of Roger/Whitebeard/Oden and stake their claim among the best in the world or die trying.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 15, 2021

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

[Spoiler]mmmm thats good one piece[/s]

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Breaking up spoiler talk (I ain't reading them) with an interesting answer to my previous question: apparently Oda does layout digitally, then uses the layout with a lightbox/table to finish the art with pen and ink on paper. :)

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1350008346842042368?s=20

Demonicpoodle
Jul 9, 2012

Something inside me calls out passionately to the landscape I saw - the end of the sea of corruption to which you led me.
Easily one of my favorite One Piece chapters of all time, and I have the same favorites as most people, Marineford, Water 7/Enies Lobby etc.
Buuuut I think after this one I'm gonna have to bump Wano to my all-time favorite, if it already wasn't. :P
This is the most direct action Luffy has taken to become Pirate King that I can think of, every page here drips with intense weight and importance.
This is better than I could have ever imagined Wano to be, and I've been imagining it for years.
I'm watching the new Roger and Rayleigh go through one of their biggest ever trial and challenge to become Yonkou level, then Pirate King.
This is the arc where legends are made, literally within the story, and I'm all here for it.

And it took me a while to realize those Supernova goobers actually let the fireball HIT them all, lmao. What goobers.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

gently caress I love One Piece group fights. It's great that OP has no issue eschewing the typical 1 on 1s.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This should have been chapter 1000.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

God, what a great chapter. The translation was a little awkward, but I always love Law insisting that he's not a team player while he continues to team up with Luffy :allears:

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
do yall think Luffy was trolling Law knowingly by using his future sight last chapter to see that Law was about to send the scabbard below, and then ordering him to do it right before? Cuz that's my canon now.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
So Luffy uses Gear Four, which is his biggest-and-best. Kidd uses some crazy-sounding thing that is likely also his biggest-and-baddest. Law uses... Room? The same first thing we've seen him use other times? Is Law not great with his fruit, or what's the deal?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

XkyRauh posted:

So Luffy uses Gear Four, which is his biggest-and-best. Kidd uses some crazy-sounding thing that is likely also his biggest-and-baddest. Law uses... Room? The same first thing we've seen him use other times? Is Law not great with his fruit, or what's the deal?

I honestly think it's a problem of the fruit either being obscene if it can actually affect you, or doing nothing besides a risky move from all we've seen, Law might have more up his sleeve but it is kidna lame yeah.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

XkyRauh posted:

From his dialogue I thought he was going to hit Kaido with that Radioknife or whatever thing he hit Doflamingo with that shreds you internally but the he just like... hit with him with rocks I think?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m kind of curious what happens after Wano since defeating Kaido basically fulfills the terms of Luffy and Law’s alliance. I don’t see the latter becoming a Strawhat but it’s possible that Law and his crew could join the armada or something.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did you all not see all the people behind Luffy? Of course Law would use Rocks.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Larryb posted:

I’m kind of curious what happens after Wano since defeating Kaido basically fulfills the terms of Luffy and Law’s alliance. I don’t see the latter becoming a Strawhat but it’s possible that Law and his crew could join the armada or something.

I don't see Law or Kid being in the race after this because we're basically barreling towards the end here. I expect them to be impressed enough with Luffy to acknowledge his claim to the title of Pirate King

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
That really doesn't sound like Kid to me, though.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

my parents boyfriend posted:

That really doesn't sound like Kid to me, though.

story ain't over yet, pardner

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It depends on how you reach the One Piece. Presumably the Sunny being made of Adam wood will play into it, as well as having a great navigator and helmsman, so Law and Kidd probably won't be able to reach it even if they want to.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well Luffy still needs to meet back up with Shanks at some point and Elbaf could still be a possibility but aside from that I imagine it’s straight to Laugh Tale/Raftel where Luffy will probably have his final duel with Blackbeard.

Once the crew learns the truth about the Void Century I imagine their next step will be to take the fight to the World Government itself (probably with a large chunk of the world rallying behind the new Pirate King).

Did I miss anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Kidd will gently caress off on his own and get his rear end beat again after this Wano business is wrapped up