Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Hello and welcome to all resistance fighters in the area! I’d like to thank you for coming today. You have all been given 05 clearance, everything said from this point forward is EYES-ONLY confidential. If you do not agree to these terms, leave now and forfeit your reward.

You’re all still here? Good.

To catch everyone up to speed, we have found the home one of the world’s most dangerous war criminals, only known as the Shadow Broker. We know he is responsible for the death of 2 rebel star systems, home to about 16 billion people. After the destruction of his home base, a cruel arena that pit the world’s champions against each other, we had thought him dead. Instead he has fled to a dwarf moon known as Code Name “Starkiller.” We believe he has one of the Galaxy’s deadliest weapons there. A space station that can obliterate a star.

Between where we are right now, and Planet Starkiller is 3 light years of Pirates, Asteroids, Imperial Soldiers, and worst. That’s where you come in. Each one of you have been loaded with a “Planet Buster” Class Nuclear weapon, that when fired will drill into the core of the moon and detonate. The first person to detonate and destroy Project Starkiller, will get the bounty on the Shadow Broker’s head. 50,000,000 InterGalactic Credits, enough for any person to retire in absolute luxury for the rest of their lives.

His defenses are strong, and he knows we’re coming, which is why we have taken over Weapons Factory 525-Xd3. Everyone gets a nuke, and we’ll keep pumping them out until Project Starkiller is destroyed. Good Luck out there people, and God Speed.

So how about it? Which one of you is a bad enough dude to kill a planet?

How do I play Space Race: Gun Runners?

Every turn you do the following things, in any order you wish

• Use 1 Card (Card effects are never permanent (Outside of the Kudzu card.) You can only use 1 Card per turn)

• Effect your Speed by using an Acceleration, or Deceleration Die (There is NO CRUISE CONTROL in space race.)

• Resolve any Events

Your ship has 4 stats. These stats are represented by Die Types. You get a D4, a D6, a D8, and a D10 to assign as you see fit to the following. It may be easier to pick your pieces before assigning stats, I’d recommend looking over everything before attempting to make a Ship. The dice scales thusly: Minimum 0D0 1D1 1D2 1D4 1D6 1d8 1D10 1D12 1D16 1D20 Maximum. Though they are not stats, you will also need to keep track of your Current Speed, and your Current Position

HP - When taking damage, you roll this die against the damage die, if you roll higher you avoid wounds, 3 wounds and you LOSE!) All HP rolls in the beginning target number of 3

Acceleration Speed - This makes you go fast, the quicker you go the closer to the finish line you get. Everytime you accelerate you add this number to your current speed. The slower you go, the better items you can get. Going past the maximum speed guarantees events that damage you.

Deceleration Speed - This is anti-go fast, known widely as go slow, there will be certain events that only happen at certain speeds. The faster you go, the more dangerous the event.

Skill - All events are based on 3 things. Your speed, your HP, and your skills roll. Skills will have a number you must beat, if you fail, you get THE BAD RESULTS if you Succeed you get THE GOOD RESULTS. All skills in the beginning have a target number of 4

Speed - How fast you are going, at the end of Every Turn, you move this number of spaces, changing your position accordingly.

Position - How close you are to the finish line, higher numbers are better. Certain position ranges are clumped together and are defined as “Areas” All events are different based on their Area. Every Area has special rules, take note!

Every Player can pick a name and get a portrait of their ship! The part cards are a rough outline of what it will look like, but every part is special, and every ship is unique!

Your ship is made up of 5 parts, and can hold 2 items. You only get items through events.

Engines:

Wings:

Cockpits:

Weapons:

Crew:

Here is a sample Character Sheet, though you are free to keep track of your info however you wish:

[timg]<link to ship>[/timg]
Pilot/Captain: Name
Starship: Ship Name

Acceleration Die: xdx
Deceleration Die: xdx
Health Die: xdx
Skill Die: xdx

<Orokos Speed Roll>

Current Speed: Speed after roll
Position: Position AFTER speed roll

Card Played: <Paste Card Played Here> <Any needed text goes here>

Parts <Paste the 5 cards here>
Items <Paste any Items here>

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
A shambolic collection of viny tendrils shuffled on board one of the available spaceships and began to take root in the open cockpit, tittering in plantspeak.

Name: Krelmsen Bismough

Acceleration Die: 1d4
Deceleration Die: 1d6
Health Die: 1d8
Skill Die: 1d10

Current Speed: 88 mph
Position: 69 :noice:

Engines: Corrupting Flesh

Wings: X-Wings

Cockpit: Open Bay

Weapons: Drones (Mechanical)

Crew: Kudzu

Items: none

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Name: Lup Starblaster

Acceleration Die: D10
Deceleration Die: D4
Health Die: D6
Skill Die: D8

Current Speed: Ludicrous
Position: One Jump Ahead

Cards:
  • Engines: MaxxRedd GF 10,000 Turbofoom.

• Wings: HiTech FuturBlast EddyDive

• Cockpit: D-lux HalfBack Accelcouch

• Weapons Titebeem hypajamma EMP carronades

• Crew:31st 'Severed Hand' division

Items:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Name: Zipper

Acceleration Die: 1d6
Deceleration Die: 1d4
Health Die: 1d10
Skill Die: 1d8

Current Speed: Too Fast
Position: Compromised

Cards:

Fine Tuned Engines: Add or Subtract up to 1 after rolling die

X-Wings: Increase any die by 2 sizes

Open Bay: Next Turn, see 2 event cards, pick 1

Exploding Lepidoptera: Choose another player and roll a d4, 1 - EMP 2 - Missiles 3 - Lasers 4 - Drones, that item is used on them, and the effect is doubled.

Kudzu - On first use, pick another card from any category (besides Crew,) this card gains that effect permanently, and is treated as though it were that card for the rest of the game.

Items:
None

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Cobbold #694200 swaggers onto their ship, turns around to give the crowd a hearty grin and smile combo, and closes the port.
Feeling confident the crowd is no longer watching, they cease suppressing the internal screaming that comes with being assigned a penance ship designed, built, and crewed by faceless.
Cobgod help them all.

Da Crusty Crobbold posted:

Captains name: Registered "Cobbold #694200" Internal Enterprises Indentured Employee.

Health Die: D8
Skill Die: D6

Current Speed: Oh no.
Position: Oh no.

Items:
-None yet!

Looking over the coffee-stained blueprints, the newfound captain itched at their nametag.
The sooner this was done, the sooner they could get a real name. Or have their real name returned.
Or, uh. Not have to worry about the name any more.
It's been a long number of years.
A very, very long number of years.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 29, 2020

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Name: Profligate Use of Limited Resources

Acceleration Die: 1d8
Health Die: 1d6

Current Speed:
Position:

Cards:

Items:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

AJ_Impy posted:

Arcanuse posted:

Lux Animus posted:

Not Alex posted:

jng2058 posted:

Hey, so if you want to draw your ship, that's perfectly fine! Throw that in your character sheet, this is just my take on it, we'll be starting soon, I don't think I'm going to get any more, but I'll leave it open for a bit longer to see.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Name: Sylvar Mirthal Ungalis Gantar

Acceleration Die: d8
Deceleration Die: d6
Health Die: d4
Skill Die: d10

Current Speed: Precisely fast enough
Position: Assured

Cards:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I love the Psionic Ship cockpit, I think it looks so happy

Astus posted:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The race begins! For this first round there is no event, roll your speed die and use any cards you would like. Next turn you will be given an event based on your speed. You do not have to roll for those, I will do that. Instead make any decisions that are on the cards, roll your speed die which ever one you choose (You can not go backwards on Turn 0, but you can in later turns, Bad Idea in a race, but maybe you know something I don't.)

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Name: Zipper

Current Speed: 5
Position: ?

Cards:

Items:
None

Play X-Wings Acceleration 1d6 -> 1d10
Play Fine Tuned Engines +1 Speed Only one card per turn!
Speed 5

https://orokos.com/roll/862903

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Dec 3, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Acceleration: 1d10 10
Card played:

Current Speed: 10
Position: 10

Cards:
  • Engines: MaxxRedd GF 10,000 Turbofoom.

• Wings: HiTech FuturBlast EddyDive
    - used
  • Cockpit: D-lux HalfBack Accelcouch

• Weapons Titebeem hypajamma EMP carronades

• Crew:31st 'Severed Hand' division

Items:

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 3, 2020

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Name: Sylvar Mirthal Ungalis Gantar

Acceleration Die: d8
Deceleration Die: d6
Health Die: d4
Skill Die: d10

Current Speed: 7
Position: Assured

Cards:

Turn 1 Acceleration, 1d8: 1d8 7
Lepidoptera vs Lup Starblaster: 1d4 2
Missiles with double effect, so Lup Starblaster's HP die is decreased twice next turn.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Current Speed: 1
Position: SS Tortuga

Cards:

Items:

-Voyage commencing, Chief Troubleshooter. Stretching my legs.-

"Acknowledged. No rush. Why not introduce ourselves in the mean time, Ship?"

-With relish.-

Accel: 1d8 1
Play EMP Lower Accel vs whoever is fastest

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Pilot: Krelmsen Bismough
Starship: GroMoBil-X

Current Speed: 0 -> 8
Position: 0 -> 8

Engines: Corrupting Flesh // Wings: X-Wings // Cockpit: Open Bay // Weapons: Drones (Mechanical) // Crew: Kudzu

Items: none

Krelmsen screeched in an excited plantoid creak and locked its space ship's curious engines onto the frontrunner peeling out of the gate.

How was it that they could blast off so fast, and so quickly? It was time to 'borrow' some of those trade secrets of theirs, at least for a little bit!

> Play: Corrupting Flesh copies Lup Starblaster's Hardback cockpit! Acceleration die increases four times (1d4 -> 1d6 -> 1d8 -> 1d10 -> 1d12)!

> Acceleration Round 1: 1d12 8

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 3, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
. fixed

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Dec 3, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Captains name: Registered "Cobbold #694200" Internal Enterprises Indentured Employee.

Current Speed: 0>11
Position: 0>11

Items:
-None yet!

#694200 buckled in, closed their eyes, and hit the gas.

Using: Cockpit: Halfback
D10>D20

Go Real Fast:Halfback:[1d10>1d20]: 1d20 11

A few minutes later, #694200 opened their eyes. Surprisingly, the vehicle did not explode into a pile of scrap metal.
Yet.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Dec 3, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

All turns from here on out ALL TURNS must be posted by PM. This is for a number of reasons, if you need them PM me and I’ll go through the whole thought process, but it was the result of a 2 hour conversation, and it’s the best method for me personally.

With that is a new character sheet that will make things easier to read (My old one kind of sucked tbh making everything vertical was a bad idea.)

code:
[timg]<link to ship>[/timg]
[b]Pilot/Captain:[/b] Name
[b]Starship:[/b] Ship Name

[b]Acceleration Die:[/b] xdx
[b]Deceleration Die:[/b] xdx
[b]Health Die:[/b] xdx
[b]Skill Die:[/b] xdx

<Orokos Speed Roll>

[b]Current Speed:[/b] Speed after roll
[b]Position:[/b] Position AFTER speed roll

[b]Card Played:[/b] <Paste Card Played Here> <Any needed text goes here>

[b]Parts[/b] <Paste the 5 cards here>
[b]Items[/b] <Paste any Items here>
Also, if you like doing fluff or fan art or anything along those lines, you may gain a -1 to +1 bonus that can only be used ON THAT TURN. All fluff, no matter how big or small is acceptable. Don’t worry about “gaming the system” any content will be acceptable. All fluff will be included, in some form, on your update.

jng2058 posted:

Easy - jng2058 TB: 1d3-1 2 1d2-1 1
Speed: 8
Position: 8

You see the cobbold, and Lup Starblaster burst past you, and you’re just barely keeping up as they slowly start pulling further and further away, but you notice, out of the corner of your eye an empire ship that’s chasing them. You grin to yourself as you lock on your lasers and fire, the first blast knocking their cargo hold open, dumping their loot out into the open space, you scoop up what you can and then turn around to fire again.

Cache #1: Skill 4

Item get

AJ_Impy posted:

Medium - AJ_Impy BPT: 1d4-1 3 1d3-1 0 1d2-1 0

You speed off, and find yourself weaving through an asteroid field, on closer scans, you realize they might be smugglers caches the pirates leave. You easily scoop up the caches into your cargo bay, and the elves try to open it with the security slice installed on the inside of your ship.

Speed: 10
Position: 10

Cache #1: Skill 4
Cache #2: Skill 4
Cache #3: Skill 4

HP die is decreased 2 sizes
Double Card Effect

Astus posted:

Easy - Astus TB: 1d3-1 2 1d2-1 1
Speed: 7
Position: 7

You pick up a distress signal, and as you fly by, your physics breakers cut a hole in space, putting in the tiny space pod, an escape pod. Elves scurry over and start to try and break it open, when out pops a woman, with red hair, and a visor display. “I’m Dr. Ke’Nankel, space pirates kidnapped me, and I just barely managed to escape. I have a research base that is looking for me, in exchange for helping me reach them, I can try and make some improvements around the ship. You see her reach into her briefcase and pull out a handful of Bright Orange Pills and pour them into her open mouth like M&Ms. “What? I can share.”

The escape pod also has a locked smuggler compartment, the Dr. shakes her head “Uh… I didn’t know that was there, you can have whatever is inside.”

Cache: Skill 4

Items Get:

Not Alex posted:

Easy - Not Alex TB: 1d3-1 1 1d2-1 1
Speed: 1
Position: 1
Cruising through the star system, you have light chat with your Chief Troubleshooter. Something catches your eye, it’s a pirate ship that has been torn apart by something.

“Hey there’s something weird on the scans, you seeing this?”

You can’t tell what, but scans indicate there were no blast marks on the ship, and the metal all bends the same way, like they had been crushed.

“I don’t think it’s pirates… They don’t generally leave scrap behind”

You see a weapon piece among the scrap that seems fairly salvageable, and there is nav data that might have a shortcut through the asteroid field, if your crew is able to get it working again using the tools on the ship

Shortcut: Skill 4

Items Get:

Lux Animus posted:

Easy - Lux Animus TB: 1d3-1 2 1d2-1 1
Speed:8
Position:8

The plant colony that was Kemsen crooned as they quickly positioned themselves among the warp core, feeding the engines with their own ichor, tiny flowers blossoming on it, radiating the tiny flowers leeched heavy metals from the fuel, making it more pure. The flesh on the ship writhed slightly bending the metal. The whole ship pulsed with energy as it flew. The crew that had delivered the nukes, had left some supplies. You pull them towards yourself with unerring dexterity. Oh yes… You can use this.

As you fly through space, you see a shoot out, between some space pirates, and an unmarked mercenary ship. Your comms light up “Hey we need help! We are carrying an experimental weapon to be used by the rebellion, it can NOT fall into the hands of these pirates. We’ll give you a reward if you can get these guys off of us.”

Cache: Skill 4

Items Get:

Arcanuse posted:

Medium - Arcanuse BPT: 1d4-1 1 1d3-1 2 1d2-1 0
Speed: 11
Position: 11

The cobbold crew whooped and hollered as the engine kicked on and blasted them through space. The immense speed pushed the stabilizers to the max, and Captain 69 felt a hard tugging on his chest. Everything seemed fine, or so he thought, until he looked at the scanner. The 2 o’clock engine was looking ready to blow. An EMP blast reverberated through space, and the ship hitched forward as the engines started to spark

Cobbolds quickly scurried their way up into the hold, and started pulling at wires, rubbing satiation into the engines. Fire licked at the stones, and there was major concern that the whole thing was going to explode, a grievous wound to the ship. Meanwhile, the captain had charted a path through the asteroid fields, if he was careful, he’d be able to make things less dangerous in the next round

Damage: Skill 4 (HP 3 on failure)
Damage: Skill 4 (HP 3 on failure)

Lower Danger: Skill 4

Lower Speed Dice

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 4, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
A question from discord, "What do I do now?"

It is your turn, you all have things that have happened to you! Using your best judgement, roll either acceleration, or deceleration. Change your position accordingly, and use one of your cards. That's it you're done!

Once you've done that, take your post, and PM it to me!

Then I will tabulate your results, roll the appropriate dice, and tell you what happened, and give you a new event.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Speed Adjustments: Acceleration Round 2: 1d4 3 +1 from fluff = 4

Current Speed: 8 -> 12
Position: 8 -> 20

"Ba-bababa-ba-BA!" Krelmsen babbled, showing off their mastery of plantoid vocalis. "Fffffffriends!" They managed, at last. "B-bi-bi-bi-biiiiggol frens!"

Kremsen's grasping vines continued to spread among the GroMoBil-X's various compartments. Some of their tendrils had reached the Corrupting Flesh engines, and they ached with the desire to merge with the potent alternative power source.

> Play: Corrupting Flesh copies Profligate Use of Limited Resources's Big Betty item and uses it immediately on Da Crusty Crobbold (pos: 11)!

Engines: Corrupting Flesh // Wings: X-Wings // Cockpit: Open Bay // Weapons: Drones (Mechanical) // Crew: Kudzu // Corrupted Flesh 1: Hardback Cockpit

(Image missing: Corrupted Hardback Cockpit)

Items: Welder's Kit // Plant Food

NOTE: (This poster's posts will be PM'd to Boba Pearl without spoilers and I will notify them whether my in-thread post differs from what I PM them, which may happen on any round. This post signifies a 'readiness' to the GM and players, but in no way constitutes my finalized orders.)

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Position: 1

Cards:

Items:

-Are we the Miser of Rainy Day Contingencies?-

"No, Ship."

-Are we the Considered Surgical Application of Assets?-

"No, Ship." The Chief Troubleshooter smirked.

-What is our designation?-

The bridge crew break into huge grins and shout as one "Profligate Use of Limited Resources!"

-Firing.-

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Pilot/Captain: Registered "Cobbold #694200" Internal Enterprises Indentured Employee.
Starship: Da Crusty Crobbold

Current Speed: 11>??
Position: 11>??

Cobbold #69 grimaced. This was fine. Everything would turn out well. It would be juuuuust peachy.
"Engines on fire, cap'n"
Cobbold #69, to their credit, kept the screaming internal this time.

(PM'd.)

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
pre:

Pilot/Captain: Sylvar Mirthal Ungalis Gantar
Starship: Ostentatious Splendor

Health Die: 1d4

Current Speed: 7>???
Position: 7>???
"Dr. Ke'Nankel, was it? Very well, since the research base is close enough, then allow the glorious crew of the Ostentatious Splendor to safely deliver you to your destination. I'm sure you'll agree that this is a wonderful ship, clearly the pinnacle of elven engineering!"
With a wave of Sylvar's hand, a multitude of displays around the ship came to life, showing various angles of the Ostentatious Splendor in an overwhelming effort to impress his guest. "I assure you, Dr. KeNankel, you'll not find a grander ship in all of-"

"It looks like it's wearing a poop hat with flies buzzing around it."

Sylvar and the rest of the elven crew gasped at the doctor's blunt statement, but no matter how offensive a comparison she had made, they couldn't find a way to refute it. "You...you...! Fine then, I will show you the true beauty of this ship! All hands, prepare yourselves! Show our misguided guest just what the Ostentatious Splendor can do!"

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Codename: J Event Roll: 1d100 73

Codename J showed up on the screens of the individual racers. “Those nukes have a high radiation leak, but you might be able to get the power into your engines if you play your cards right.”

73-Radiation Leak: Everyone gets +4 to skill rolls.

AJ_Impy posted:

Card Played:

Acceleration: 1d20 6

Current Speed: 16
Position: 26

The crew manages to get 2 of the caches open, but the third one melts into slag. Hopefully nothing important was in there. As they push through the wreckage, they find a litany of items

Item Get:

Maximum AJ_Impy RP: 1d3-1 0 1d3-1 0

As tiny bits of light turned into streaks, Lup Starblaster sped up. Time around him blurs, and the ship itself blows any asteroids out of his way. He got lucky this time, but how long would his luck hold out?

Cards:

Not Alex posted:

Item Used:

Position +8 Speed -1

Accelerating: 1d8 1

Position: 22

Big Betty had a gravity tether attached to the Profligate Use of Limited Resources, and as it flew forward, the tether got longer and longer, when it attached itself to Da Crusty Crobbold, The PULR shot forward. They nearly smashed into a few pieces of space rock, but with trusty flying they were able to easily sail forward. The Nav Data had just finished decrypting, and they flew it easily. The engines shuddered and failed for the second time. They decided to see what raw materials were in the cave.

Last Place Shortcut: 4d5 12

+12 to Position

Item Get:

jng2058 posted:

Pilot/Captain: Elmshadow
Starship: Zipper

Card Played:

Speed Roll: https://orokos.com/roll/863397 1 + 1 (RP bonus) = 2

Current Speed:10
Position: 21 (Old Position 8 + Speed 10 + Pirate Map 3)

Card Played:

Medium - jng2058 BPT: 1d4-1 2 1d3-1 1 1d2-1 1

You easily blow the pirates apart, spreading their parts sending the ships spiraling into asteroids. The pirate’s map was accurate, and The Skipper zipped quickly through the asteroid field, finding a slip space highway that pirates used to get to and from the rimworld’s on the edge of the Solar system. The ship leaped forward down the slipway, the thick vines wrapped around the Pirates tiny drones floated down and offered to work on your ship. When suddenly the Zipper was face to face with a pirate carrier. Tiny fighters swarmed out of the hold, and on an Open Channel Elmshadow saw the pirate Captain.

“Alright you overgrown daisy. Drop the nuke and we’ll let you go.”

You grip the controls, and turn on your weapons. You weren’t going to give up that easy.

Item Cache: Skill 4
Item Cache: Skill 4

Danger: Skill 4

Item Get:

Parts:
Items:

Arcanuse posted:

Pilot/Captain: Registered "Cobbold #694200" Internal Enterprises Indentured Employee.

Deceleration: 1d4: 1d4 2

Current Speed: 11>9
Position: 11>20>18

Card Played:

The engines held, and quickly the ship managed to pull through, Da Crusty Crobbold was the finest work of cobbold engineering, thousands of years of refining crafting and building to reach the pinnacle of ships. It went fast, and it maneuvered even faster. The cobbolds in the hold cheered as the engine held. The Captain even managed to avoid smashing into an asteroid!

Easy - Arcanuse TB: 1d3-1 2 1d2-1 1

The ship did a spinning maneuver in celebration (and to fling some of the loose bolts and nuts into space.) Crap, we’re gonna have to replace those thought the crew as they watched the pieces float gently into space. They started to yell, trying to get the Captain’s attention, there was something that wasn’t on the scanners. They brace themselves, when a giant slug connected with the back of the ship. A huge anchor, energy arched from the back of it as someone or something used their ship to slingshot forward. It detached, but not before slowing Da Crusty Crobbold down.

Then they picked up a distress call, “...e were doing studies on Space Leviathans, someone has stolen one of our key research pieces, and a Leviathan has escaped. They blew a whole into the side of our station, and oxygen is slowly running out. Please if anyone can help here are our coordinates… Repeat Hello? Anyone out there? I work for Research station 5x34. We were doing studies on”

As you fly over, you see an escape pod. Surrounding it were a number of bodies in space, and the wreckage of a space station. You swoop low, and pick up the escape pod. The inside has a crew of scientists. “Oh thank god, you can help us. We need to get to a backup research station and report this loss. The Leviathan could do serious damage to the outer rim if they don’t. We have a Tranquilizer that will calm paralyze it, until we can move it to a new station.”

Event: Clue - Detecting Lies Skill 4

Item Used -

Drones quickly leave the ship, fired like bullets speeding forward, and surrounding the GroMoBil-X, firing into the Kudzu extrusions that cover the ship. Space is silent, no matter how much the Kudzu scream, all you hear is silent air.

You may be interested in Lux Animus’ post
You may be interested in Astus’ post
You may be interested in Not Alex’s post

Parts:

Items:
NA

Astus posted:

Acceleration Die: 1d8>1d16
Skill Die: 1d10>1d8
Card Played:

Turn 2 Acceleration, 1d16: 1d16 2
This is the perfect roll. Using my fluff to give it a +1, so my speed increases by 3.

Current Speed: 7+3=10
Position: 7+10=17

Dr. Ke’Nankel felt a shiver up her spine, and looked out the window, when she did she let out a scream. There was an eye, it’s hard outer shell pressed against the glass like a deformed grape. Elvis ran forward, and quickly blinded it, but it was too late, whatever dark purpose it had ordained, it was too late to stop it

You may be interested in Lux Animus’ post.
You may be interested in Arcanuse’s post.

The escape pod pops open, and Dr. Ke’Nankel looked very concerned. “You don’t need that,” she said quickly, “Throw it out the airlock. Trust me.”

Item Get:

Medium - Astus BPT: 1d4-1 2 1d3-1 2 1d2-1 0

Dr. Ke’Nankel looks out the the psionic ports and lets out another yell, “F*** F*** F*** GO GO GOGOGOGO Now. NOW!” She points out the back of the ship, and one of the ships moving psionic view ports bring a large image on screen. It is a creature with glistening scales, gnashing teeth. It breathed a gas that seemed to melt the asteroids around it. It dwarfed the tiny structure.

Ke’Nankel said, she closed her eyes and clasped her hands “Come on little poop ship... Come on... Wait take a path through that Asteroid, we can lose it I think, quick quick”

Parts
Items

Lux Animus posted:

Acceleration Round 2: 1d4 3 +1 from fluff = 4

Current Speed: 8 -> 12
Position: 8 -> 20 -> 10

"Ba-bababa-ba-BA!" Krelmsen babbled, showing off their mastery of plantoid vocalis. "Fffffffriends!" They managed, at last. "B-bi-bi-bi-biiiiggol frens!"

Kremsen's grasping vines continued to spread among the GroMoBil-X's various compartments. Some of their tendrils had reached the Corrupting Flesh engines, and they ached with the desire to merge with the potent alternative power source.

Kremsen quickly engages and tiny drones fly out of the ship, and make short work of the space pirates, the mercenaries cheer! A mercenary turns on the comm system and connects, when they see the plant colony the balk a bit, but quickly manage to get their composure back. “Thanks… We don’t have much, but we’re sending you some supplies”

Item Get:

If you’re ever around [POSITION 32 -> 52] see if you can find more of our guys, we owe you one, Tell Owen Beta-Sigma-9 He’ll know what it means!

Clue! Added

Card Played:

The flesh felt something in the air, and locked onto Sylvar’s ship. The undulating orbs throbbed as it searched for something… Specific. Flesh begets flesh, and soon there was a small cocoon on the ship, and in minutes, something fell out. It wasn’t… Quite the same, but it knew much. “H-He-Hell-Hi I’m Do Doc Do Doctor Doctor. I ma-ma-make. Bioweapons. I am pla-pla-plague bringer.” Something had gone wrong, the copy was… Not perfect… But it knew much.

You may be interested in Astus’ post.
You may be interested in Arcanuse’s post.

Item Get:

High - Lux Animus PBR: 1d4-1 0 1d3-1 1 1d2-1 1

Kremsen flew straight and narrow, when suddenly an asteroid flew, and smashed into their ship, sending it spiraling off course. They immediately turn the scanners on, bought saw no-one. A giant creature, with a bright eye, purple tentacles and a furry body stared at them intently, and picked up an asteroid. They flung it with unerring accuracy and it took Kremsen all they had to avoid it. There was no fighting, only running. They saw what looked like a cave, but could it be safe..?

Danger: HP 3

Drones rush the ship and start firing, you take evasive maneuvers, but your colony screams in pain has sharp hot lasers pierce your flesh. Chlorophyll droplets float out of the sucking wounds.

You can’t use cards next turn. (So on the post you’re submitting now.)
Corrupting Flesh Hotfix, -5 to speed next turn -10 to position

Engines: Corrupting Flesh // Wings: X-Wings // Cockpit: Open Bay // Weapons: Drones (Mechanical) // Crew: Kudzu // Corrupted Flesh 1: Hardback Cockpit

Items: Welder's Kit // Plant Food // +Corrupted Dr. Ke'Nankel

Clues: [32 -> 52 Spd16-19] Mercenaries

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 6, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Speed Adjustments: Acceleration Round 3: 1d4 3 +1 from fluff = 4

Current Speed: 12 -> 7 (GM hotfix) -> 11 - Medium
Position: 20 -> 10 (GM hotfix) -> 21

"Coblblblblblblblblblblblbl~!" Krelmsen trilled in anguish and rage, manning the GroMoBil-X's helm with numerous leafy pseudopods.

The large and complex plant-person filled their air sacs and released a scream in protest that rang down the ship's overgrown halls. "WREEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEEEeEEeeEeee!"

They had done nothing to the ship named 'Da Crusty Crobbold' or its cobbold pilot, '#694200', and yet, just for the sake of competition(>?<), the opposing craft had launched a nasty swarm of debilitating drones at Kremlsen and his precious ship (and it's even more precious cargo)! The creeping kaiju-sized kudzu Krelmsen Bismough thrashed about, slapping the Cobbolds' drones off his ship's hull with lashing vines curling and withering from exposure to the airless chill of space. It was awful work, but someone had to do it. More important than all the drone extermination, Krelmsen really didn't want their new guest to see them like this.

Dr. Ke'Nankel was sitting in the back of the cockpit, examining readouts and displays with that human rictus grin on her simulated simian face. A human-adjacent scientist biologically fascimilated by a ship's engines in less than a solar day. What would she possibly be thinking about? Human-thoughts?

Krelmsen shrugged the bulk of their heaving stalk-masses and resumed thinking plant-thoughts.

> Play: Shame on the Crusty Cobbold, for the act of disabling violence against the sovereign majesty of the GroMoBil-X! #694200 shall rue the day! :orks: (No card can be played this turn.)

Engines: Corrupting Flesh // Wings: X-Wings // Cockpit: Open Bay // Weapons: Drones (Mechanical) // Crew: Kudzu // Corrupted Flesh part copy: Fleshy Halfback

Items: Welder's Kit // Plant Food // Corrupt Dr. Ke'Nankel // Asteroid Cloak

:siren: WARNING! Two (2) too many items! :siren:

> Discard: Plant Food & Asteroid Cloak

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Current Speed: 09>??
Position: 18>??

#69 grimaced. "Oh you poor schmucks."
"You know what kind of ship this is? Not one intended to make it back in one piece, that's for drat sure."
"We'll drop you off in whatever passes for friendly territory if we get the chance, but no promises on the leviathan."
"In the meanwhile, best get comfortable. S'gonna be a bumpy ride."
[PM'd]

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
pre:

Current Speed: 10>???
Position: 17>???
All of the crew of the Ostentatious Splendor flailed about in a panic as the psychic viewports focused on the monstrous thing as it started gaining on them. All except for Sylvar Mirthal Ungalis Gantar, the proud captain of the vessel. He had already fainted by this point. Thankfully the Ostentatious Splendor had a defensive autopilot for if it ever lost connection with the captain's mind, focusing on evading the acidic gas and strengthening the psychic shields.

As the rest of the crew focused on waking Sylvar up, Elvis followed Dr. Ke'Nankel's suggestion and spaced the weird egg. The captain would probably have agreed with that course of action, anyways.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
New Rule, you have 96 hours to get your turns in, after 4 days, we assume you wanted to go fast in the racing game, we don't use a card, and your events are resolved as normal. After this happens 2x you're dropped from the race.

Everyone who hasn't posted an action has 48 hours from this post to get them in.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Attention all mercs, attention all mercs! This is your admiral speaking, be careful out there some of you have hit the edge of Empire space, we’ve heard that the empire is already setting up roadblocks.

Extremely Dangerous Tag: Take double damage, skill checks are +1, Do Not Roll for events, all events happen.

:siren::siren::siren:All racers, someone has taken damage! How do you repair your ship? You turn off your engines, if you’re going below the Low Speed, you may repair your ship.:siren::siren::siren:

AJ_Impy posted:

Acceleration: 1d20 13

Current Speed: 29
Position: 55

quote:

Lup Starblaster laid back in their accelcouch, keeping those engines Maxxxed for now. This was not a race they intended to lose through insufficient speed.

Card Played:

Lup’s ship blew through the empire checkpoint, and he easily cleared past and entered the Hyper Loop, when suddenly, his rear thruster was engulfed in bright white hot light, the shields barely holding. Empire goons descended on him with a righteous fury, they’re photon lasers threatening to cut huge metal gashes into his ship. Lup held on tight, one of two things were going to happen, he was going to escape the empire, or he was going to die in a fiery glorious display.

Extremely Dangerous Area!

HP Check: 3 DANGER DOUBLE DAMAGE

Dangerous Skill Check: 4+1=5 DANGER DOUBLE DAMAGE

Cards:

Items:

Not Alex posted:

Item Used:

Setting Acceleration Die: 8

Current Speed: 9
Position: 31

quote:

"Let's pick up the pace. Wrecks that look like they were torn apart by monsters often were torn apart by monsters."

The PULR ship entered the edge of the empire, and he watched as the Giant Empire Dreadnaught lit up, angry red lights flashing on it as a swarm of angry ships spewed out of the underside, all speeding towards the hyper loop. The superior Empire technology allowing them to easily catch up with their enemies. The crew onboard the PULR were ecstatic, with the empire’s attention split away, they would easily be able to pull themselves forward with ease.

As the PULR put the Rimworld between himself and the Dreadnaught, the comms cut on, and the captain was called upon by a small frigate behind him. “We’re in a bind here, we need you to tow us to the next sector, when, or more likely if we get there, the Imperial blockade has made it impossible to get food and water for many of us. We promise take us to the asteroid fields, there’s a refugee camp that has already agreed to take us in. We have some of the best engineers on or off the planet. If you agree to take at least one of us, we can get you into the Hyper Loop sooner.”

Whether you agree to help them or not, they thank you for listening, and tell you about a peculiar shop you can only find by lining yourself up with them

Swap Shop Location found: Speed 8 - 16 Positions 40 - 55

Parts:

Items:

Arcanuse posted:

Roll: Acceleration: 1d10: 1d10 4

Current Speed: 09>13
Position: 18>31

Card Played:

Arcanuse Detecting Lies Skill 4: 1d6 2

quote:

#69 grimaced. "Oh you poor schmucks."
"You know what kind of ship this is? Not one intended to make it back in one piece, that's for drat sure."
"We'll drop you off in whatever passes for friendly territory if we get the chance, but no promises on the leviathan."
"In the meanwhile, best get comfortable. S'gonna be a bumpy ride."

Suddenly, the ship’s comm system crackled to life.

“We’re in a bind here, we need you to tow us to the next sector, when, or more likely if we get there, the Imperial blockade has made it impossible to get food and water for many of us. We promise take us to the asteroid fields, there’s a refugee camp that has already agreed to take us in. We have some of the best engineers on or off the planet. If you agree to take at least one of us, we can get you into the Hyper Loop sooner.”

Whether you agree to help them or not, they thank you for listening, and tell you about a peculiar shop you can only find by lining yourself up with them

Item Get!

Secret Get!

Parts:

Items:

Astus posted:

Acceleration Die: 1d8>1d4
Health Die: 1d4>1d8

The Crusty Cobbold targest you with drones! You can't use a card next turn

Card Played: Swapping my Acceleration 1d8 and Health 1d4 around, to give me some better survivability and also avoiding going Too Fast.

Turn 3 Acceleration, 1d4: 1d4 1

Using my fluff to get a +1 on one of the Danger skill rolls.

Current Speed: 11
Position: 28

Events this turn posted:

Astus Skill Checks: 1d8 8 1d8 4 1d8 4 1d8 1

quote:

All of the crew of the Ostentatious Splendor flailed about in a panic as the psychic viewports focused on the monstrous thing as it started gaining on them. All except for Sylvar Mirthal Ungalis Gantar, the proud captain of the vessel. He had already fainted by this point. Thankfully the Ostentatious Splendor had a defensive autopilot for if it ever lost connection with the captain's mind, focusing on evading the acidic gas and strengthening the psychic shields.

As the rest of the crew focused on waking Sylvar up, Elvis followed Dr. Ke'Nankel's suggestion and spaced the weird egg. The captain would probably have agreed with that course of action, anyways.

Between the pirates, the giant space monster, the now feinted captain and the asteroid field the crew was having a helluva a time piloting the ship. They ducked and weaved and blasted through asteroid fields and worse, as the creature gained on them. The crew shot into action, and placed the egg in the nearest airlock. They blasted the thing out of it, and it went sailing through the air, the creature caught it with it’s gullet. They thought that would calm the thing down, but it only seemed to make it move faster, though at least it wasn’t spewing acid, or so it seemed…

The good Dr gritted her teeth as her egg was launched from the ship, then shrugged price of doing business I guess, she jammed another hand fill of bright orange pills in her mouth, “Hey blast through here. That asteroid’s actually an old smuggler hyperloop.”

Before they could reach it, drones from Da Crusty Cobbold swarmed their ship, harassing it with laser fire and bad vibes.

Both damage checks avoided.
+1 Shortcut, gain 4 position next turn

Medium - Astus BPT: 1d4-1 0 1d3-1 2 1d2-1 1

The creature shot acid at the Splendor, and the splatted against the hull, the ship tried to shake the best off but couldn’t. It was under duress, and it worried about what might happen to it next. What’s even worse is that drones from Da Crusty Cobbold had arrived, and they were adding to the carnage, using ion cannons to disable the ship’s systems from the outside.

“You gotta thread the Hyperloop here, if you don’t, you’re going to get knocked right out, and there’s no way back in from where you were headed.”

Parts
Items

Lux Animus posted:

Speed Adjustments: Acceleration Round 3: 1d4 3 +1 from fluff = 4

Current Speed: 11 - Medium
Position: 21

quote:

"Coblblblblblblblblblblblbl~!" Krelmsen trilled in anguish and rage, manning the GroMoBil-X's helm with numerous leafy pseudopods.

The large and complex plant-person filled their air sacs and released a scream in protest that rang down the ship's overgrown halls. "WREEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEEEeEEeeEeee!"

They had done nothing to the ship named 'Da Crusty Crobbold' or its cobbold pilot, '#694200', and yet, just for the sake of competition(>?<), the opposing craft had launched a nasty swarm of debilitating drones at Kremlsen and his precious ship (and it's even more precious cargo)! The creeping kaiju-sized kudzu Krelmsen Bismough thrashed about, slapping the Cobbolds' drones off his ship's hull with lashing vines curling and withering from exposure to the airless chill of space. It was awful work, but someone had to do it. More important than all the drone extermination, Krelmsen really didn't want their new guest to see them like this.

Dr. Ke'Nankel was sitting in the back of the cockpit, examining readouts and displays with that human rictus grin on her simulated simian face. A human-adjacent scientist biologically fascimilated by a ship's engines in less than a solar day. What would she possibly be thinking about? Human-thoughts?

Krelmsen shrugged the bulk of their heaving stalk-masses and resumed thinking plant-thoughts.

> Play: Shame on the Crusty Cobbold, for the act of disabling violence against the sovereign majesty of the GroMoBil-X! #694200 shall rue the day! (No card can be played this turn.)

Medium - Lux Animus BPT: 1d4-1 2 1d3-1 0 1d2-1 0

Lux Animus Skill Checks: 1d10 4 1d10 10

The corrupted version of the Doctor made a high pitched sucking noise, and walked to the plant creature that was Kremslen, it pulled up a display and pointed at the map, there was a string of asteroids that were linked together, and it hissed pointing at it. Kremslen pulled into the location she said, and was amazed at what they found, an old Hyperloop humming as they approached.

Danger Avoided
Shortcut +6 position

Engines: Corrupting Flesh // Wings: X-Wings // Cockpit: Open Bay // Weapons: Drones (Mechanical) // Crew: Kudzu // Corrupted Flesh: Fleshy Halfback

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 14, 2020

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

I'm afraid I'm turning out to be too busy to keep up with this properly. I'm going to have to hit EJECT.

Good luck to the rest of you racers!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Speed Adjustments: Acceleration Round 4: 1d12 7 -1 from fluff = +6

Current Speed: 11 -> 17 - Medium in Area 2
Position: 21 -> 27 (shortcut) -> 44 - Entering Area 2
Secret Code: [Pos: 32 -> 52 // Spd: 16-19] Mercenaries

"Aisha-yayaya," Krelmsen jibbered conversationally, waving their stalks near the various readouts that Dr. Nega-KeNankel had pointed out. "Hypsrr-loooooooooooup~! Agogo."

"Meishe douck pearseasce - takkk rooot!" cried the giant Kudzu to their single non-plant passenger before it lurched on the controls, gunning the GroMoBil-X's fleshy accelerators towards the warp generator hidden among the giant floating rocks.

According to the ship's data, a large fleshy eye had opened up on the bottom of Krelmsen's ship, and it was guiding the GroMoBil-X's engines through the asteroid field with incredible skill. Krelmsen, naturally, was fine with this unnatural development in their ship's continuous evolution. After all, the Fleshy Halfback and the corrupted Doctor Ke'Nankel were all part and pea-pod of the reasons Krelmsen Bismough the massive shifting Kudzu had chosen this particular space ship as their vehicle for the great Space Race in the first place.

> Play: Fleshy Halfback: Acceleration die gets +4up: 1d4 -> 1d12

Engines: Corrupting Flesh // Wings: X-Wings // Cockpit: Open Bay // Weapons: Drones (Mechanical) // Crew: Kudzu // Corrupted Flesh part copy: Fleshy Halfback

Items: Welder's Kit // Corrupt Dr. Ke'Nankel

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Dec 13, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Current Speed: 13>??
Position: 31>??

"Well, isn't that something."
"Right, attention all eggheads: In the near future you will be assisted by the nearest cobbold onto this convenient refugee ship."
"We'll be slowing down to ensure a smooth transfer, but I heavily advise not touching anything in the transfer pod until the docking process is complete. Cheers!"

#89 (some other cobbold, really just throw a number in the air and you probably hit a matching cobb) is given the signal, and the scientists are ejected transferred over to the refugee ship. Using the nice boarding pods.

[Sending PM.]

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
pre:

Current Speed: 11>???
Position: 28>???
Having finally been woken up, Sylvar wastes no time in psionically linking up with the Ostentatious Splendor's controls. "What even is this foul creature?! It's getting its filthy acid all over my ship! All hands, we are getting as far away from this rude beast as possible! Don't let the Ostentatious Splendor take even a scratch!"

"Also, what the hell is a Cobbold, and why are they targeting us?!"

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

AJ_Impy posted:

Card Played:

Increase acceleration
Acceleration: 1d16 12

Current Speed: 41
Position: 96

Theme

Lup Starblaster posted:

Impgoons on their tail. That was right where they were going to stay, because it was past time to linger in this popsicle stand. Lup's ship, the There Already, was built with one thing in mind, and that thing was being somewhere else at ludicrous speeds.

AJ_Impy HP Checks 2 - Skill Checks 2 - HP Checks 2: 2#1d6 3 3 2#1d8 4 7 2#1d6 1 5

The ship was going too fast, Lup shot themselves onto the hyper tube, but the other ships in there were going slower, much slower. Oh… Oh no.

Lup collided with the backend of a Frigate class ship, smashing into the back of it. For a second, everything seemed fine…

Until the crew heard an ominous click from inside the box they were carrying. There was maybe a half second for a full hearted prayer.

And then the explosion. It was silent, but it sent everything on the causeway into disarray. The shock reverberated through the galaxy. Nothing to stop the after shock, and everything flew backwards a bit.

Attention all mercs, attention all mercs! This is your admiral speaking, we’ve had our first death of the race, but don’t worry that’s not the end for you. Every ship has been equipped with a Clone for you! Life Insurance Policy, and what’s more we even sprung for the 48 hour tape backup. Just keep in mind, the last backup was… oof 40 hours ago, tough luck.

Still! We can slip shot a new you across the Galaxy, just re-submit a ship, and position yourself 1 half the maximum roll of your Acceleration die behind the last place. 

Everyone Behind Lup Starblaster, lose 5 Speed
Everyone Ahead of Lup Starblaster, gain 5 position.

Astus posted:

Lose 5 position!!!

Turn 4 Acceleration, 1d8: 1d8 8

Current Speed: 11+8=19
Position: 28+4[shortcut]+19=51-5= 46

Using my fluff to get a +1 on the first Danger skill roll.

Sylvar Mirthal Ungalis Gantar posted:

Having finally been woken up, Sylvar wastes no time in psionically linking up with the Ostentatious Splendor's controls. "What even is this foul creature?! It's getting its filthy acid all over my ship! All hands, we are getting as far away from this rude beast as possible! Don't let the Ostentatious Splendor take even a scratch!"

"Also, what the hell is a Cobbold, and why are they targeting us?!"

Captain I think they’re… Like a cross between an emaciated imp, a garbage disposal, and a full time fabricator, Natives to Deria. Don’t let them eat you. Or build you anything. Or eat you.

Events this Turn posted:

Astus - 2 Danger 1 Shortcut 2 HP: 3#1d10 5 9 1 2#1d4 3 2

The Space Wyvern let out a furious roar, when suddenly Empire Ships descended upon it, it tried to scream, and the sound rattled the canopy of the Ostentatious Splendor.and started to fight with the ships behind Sylvar. The good Doctor commented on the noise, as she pulled out another jar of pills, this one green and shaped like bars, with square cuts on it. She popped a handful of those too.

One of the elves tried to stop her, and she growled “No, I’m not sharing these”

I really don’t think you shou-

“I know my limits. You’re not my Mom. I DON’T HAVE A PROBLEM.” She said, grinding the pills between her teeth and swallowing the acrid powder.

“So interesting thing uh… Captain? Sylvar, sound doesn’t travel through space normally, but the Dragon’s pain is so deep that it reverberates on a psionic level. Your ship can literally feel the creature crying.” She then looked at the elves who seemed, slightly disgusted, “Uh… Awesome from a science stand point. Obviously it’s very uh… Sad.”

“You missed the shortcut by the way.”

Sylvar found his ship getting unerily close to the Empire Dreadnaught. They hadn’t noticed the path they took trying to avoid empire fights, and a space leviathan.

The Empire Dreadnaught loomed overhead, it was larger then some space stations, each Dreadnaught containing enough fire power to raise a planet to the ground, a giant tractor beam on top used to lob rocks to crack a planet.

The bottom of the ship opened up, and like a thousand swarming bees the bottom poured out a contingent of Fighters, who pulled up to the Ostentatious Splendor.

The radio clicked on, Dr. Ke’Nankel whispered, “Don’t tell them I’m here.” and Gave Sylvar a double thumbs up. 

”Please god don’t let us die on a ship that looks like this.”

High Speed - 2 Red, 2 Blue, 1 Pink

Skill Check: 4+1=5 HIGH REWARDS

Card Played: None. 2 turns remaining on Tie Wing's cooldown

Parts
Items

Not Alex posted:

Card Used:

Set Acceleration to 6

Current Speed: 9+6=15
Position: 46-5=41

The radio clicks on and an old man with a long beard, a dead eye, and a camera that you can’t tell if it’s hazy due to the lit cigar in his mouth or the age of it. You expect the voice to be old and cracked, but he still sounds like he’s in his early 20s “Hey cousin, welcome to the Swap Shop, I see you out there doing the bros a favor, and I want to help you out. Give me a part, I give you a better part from the bargain bin Comprende? (1d5 roll for part slot, 1d5 for which upgraded part you get.) Oh, and since you’re tugging those refugees along, I’m gonna hook you up a bit. Your gonna get the family discount alright? Give me any part and I’ll match it with one better. (Upgrade 1 part for free)”

Low Speed +2 Positive

Extra Rewards at the Swap Shop

Parts:

Items:

Lux Animus posted:

Acceleration Die: 1d4 -> 1d12

Speed Adjustments: Acceleration Round 4: 1d12 7 -1 from fluff = +6

Current Speed: 11 -> 17 - Medium in Area 2
Position: 21 -> 27 (shortcut) -> 44-5 -> 39 - Entering Area 2
Secret Code: [Pos: 32 -> 52 // Spd: 16-19] Mercenaries

quote:

"Aisha-yayaya," Krelmsen jibbered conversationally, waving their stalks near the various readouts that Dr. Nega-KeNankel had pointed out. "Hypsrr-loooooooooooup~! Agogo."

"Meishe douck pearseasce - takkk rooot!" cried the giant Kudzu to their single non-plant passenger before it lurched on the controls, gunning the GroMoBil-X's fleshy accelerators towards the warp generator hidden among the giant floating rocks.

According to the ship's data, a large fleshy eye had opened up on the bottom of Krelmsen's ship, and it was guiding the GroMoBil-X's engines through the asteroid field with incredible skill. Kremsen, naturally, was fine with this unnatural development in their ship's continuous evolution. After all, the Fleshy Halfback and the corrupted Doctor KeNankel were all part and pea-pod of the reasons Krelmsen Bismough the massive shifting Kudzu chose this particular space ship as their vehicle for the great Space Race…

The corrupted Doctor made a loud clicking noise with her throat back Krelmsen, whether the two understood each other or not was hard to tell from an outsider’s perspective. The Doctor became very excited and Irate as they flew past the Sky Leviathan being torn apart by Imperial Fighters. It tried to find something in it’s pocket but whatever it was didn’t exist in her pockets. So she picked up an errant bolt and chewed on that, her mouth started to bleed as her gums scraped against the jagged metal. The teeth cracking and shattering the bolt.

It was going to be tricky slipping through the big fight unscathed, but they were going to have to try it.

The radio clicked on as a squadron of fighters flew up to Kremslen. "Hey heard you helped out one of ours. So we're going to help you out. You need anything, and we'll be there. Bad-Company Out."

Arcanuse posted:

Lose 5 position!!!

Card Played:

Deceleration: 1d4: 1d4 2+1

Current Speed: 13>10
Position: 31>41-5>36+2>38

“Do you see what the Captain is wearing?” One of the scientist said as they were loaded onto the Nice Boarding Pods. “Did you see what the boarding pods look like?”

“Why is there so much blood everywhere?” One of the scientist asked a cobbold who merely smiled a toothy grin and shoved them into the ship.

“Arrivederci,” The tiny imp said, as the pod was launched towards the refugee ship. “Those guys had so many questions.” The other cobbold’s nodded in agreement. One smiled big and wrote on a piece of duct tape Kill All Humans and taped it over the Disengage Tow Beam button. One walked up to the captain “Can we press it?”

“CAN WE PRESS IT?!”

The radio clicks on and a young woman fills the screen, he looks… Disturbingly cartoonish, with big blank eyes that aren’t quite focussed, that stare at nothing, and two pig tails. The voice speaks, “Hello valued customer,” it said in a lilting voice, with a slight buzzing sound, “Welcome to the Swap Shop, give us one of your parts, and we’ll give you a random part, and the best thing is, we’ll always make sure it’s the latest model (1d5 roll for part slot, 1d5 for which upgraded part you get.) Creds don’t count for much here in the Rimworld so we appreciate your service.”

Low Speed +2 Positive

Shortcut +3 Position Next Round

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 17, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Wounds: 3/3

Speed Adjustments: Deceleration Round 5: 1d6 -5

Current Speed: 17 -> 12 - Low Speed in Area 2
Position: 39 -> 51 - [Area 51!!!]

Dangerous Skill Check 1: Dangerous Skill Check (TN 5): 1d10 8 - Success! No health roll.
Dangerous Skill Check 2: Dangerous Skill Check (TN 5): 1d10 10 - Success! No health roll.
Dangerous Skill Check 3: Dangerous Skill Check (TN 5): 1d10 10 - Success! No health roll.
High Reward Skill Check: High Reward Skill Check (TN 5): 1d10 4 +1 from fluff = 5 - Success! Reward get!

> Play: Open Bay Cockpit - See 2 Event Cards and pick 1 next round!

"Bl-bl-bl-brrrreang freinnz?" Krelmsen buzzed, waving an inquisitive tendril towards Dr. Nega-Ke'Nankel. The sentient Kudzu had put the comms from the mercenaries on mute, momentarily.

The giant slithering Kudzu shifted a sensory stalk in the Doctor's direction. They scented blood and fresh metal coming from its tooth-laden meat-mouth, and decided to leave the flesh-and-blood creature alone.

"Nebbeirmiyndh" the airsacs of Krelmsen burbled, before clicking the comms back on to readdress the mercenaries that had so valiantly shown up for the GroMoBil-X's support. "Yexz, pserlease! Comm joyna parrhtei!"

They shook their vines encouragingly - this was good. Krelmsen, in it own sapling-like mentality, had already forgotten about the ships that they had assisted with the pirate menace, back in the asteroid field. Now, however, they were running with a contingent of fighter pilots willing to put themselves in harm's way for Krelmsen and his beloved GroMoBil-X. Finally, Krelmsen Bismough would get to see a little recognition for the wonders of Kudzu-kind!

"Commmmferbell, Dahku-tahr?" Krelmsen asked his human-shaped passenger politely, momentarily forgetting that she was made from the Corrupted Flesh engines' biomatter.

Engines: Corrupting Flesh // Wings: X-Wings // Cockpit: Open Bay // Weapons: Drones (Mechanical) // Crew: Kudzu // Corrupted Flesh part copy: Fleshy Halfback // Aux: Mercs

CF: Aux:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Current Speed: 10>??
Position: 38>??

#694200 looked into the eager eyes of their crew.

"No."

"As part of the... Er..."

#69 retrieves a small book, quickly flipping through the pages.

"...Lets see.... Ah, here it is."

"Any salvage, defined as material (sapient or otherwise) brought onboard an Internal Enterprise vessel, is thereafter property of Internal Enterprise."
"Destruction of company property is met with by strengthening our debt-tethers to the immaterial cloning machines keeping us from leaving the company."
#69 sighs at the blank looks from (most of) the crew.
"No kill hooman. Kill hooman we stuck with In-ter-nal En-ter-prize long-er time."
"Maybe kill other hoo-man later. Ok? Ok."

"Now, back to work."

With some grumbling, the crew disperses as #69 slides down their seat.
[Sending PM shortly.]

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
pre:

Current Speed: 19>???
Position: 46>???
"Listen up, crew! I, Sylvar Mirthal Ungalis Gantar, come from a very prestigious family, and I absolutely refuse to tarnish my family's legacy by allowing my ship, or anyone serving on board my ship, to come to harm." The other elves calmed down slightly, thinking perhaps their famed captain had a plan to avoid vaporization. They were confused when he took off his psionic control helmet and put it on Elvis's head. "Therefore, Elvis is now the captain of the Ostentatious Splendor. As such, any damage to this ship or to the crew shall affect his reputation, not mine. Well, have fun dealing with the Empire Dreadnaught!"

Before anyone could react, Sylvar quickly leaped into the sole escape pod of the Ostentatious Splendor and hit the eject button.

The crew stared blankly at the jettisoned escape pod, before turning to Elvis, hoping for any guidance. "Well...at least our clones won't remember just how much this sucks."

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

I see you’ve reached the Hyper Tube, most ships move too fast in this area for the Empire to keep up, but be careful, there are bandits here that would love nothing more than to chop up your ship! If you’re in danger, throw them a part and they might just let you live.

New Keyword, Banditry: Negate up to 2 Damage, by discarding a part or item card.

Arcanuse posted:

Current Speed: 10>21
Position: 38>59+6=65

>Play:

Last Turn Events posted:

Low Speed +2 Positive

The once was a cranky cobbold on a very expensive ship. This cobbold desperately wanted to kill humans but knew that he would not be allowed too. This made the poor thing even crankier, when the Captain wasn’t looking, he had a brilliant idea. If ship go to fast, we miss drop, then eat humies. Yum. And dropped several rocks of what looked to be glowing with magic, if there was such a thing, into the intake feed for the engines. The ship leapt forward, blasting through the sky and blowing past as quickly as possible. The cobbold was pleased at first, until they noticed that maybe, they had put a tad too much power into the engines.

Oh well, nothing they can do about it now. There was a moment of relief, as they pulled the new parts onto the ship and started the upgrade. Then the cobbold’s saw something that brought a shine of light to their faces. It was a compressor, small now, but in the void of space could get very very big. Quickly the crew started cheering, and dressed the small creature up. Cries of “New Ship Mascot!” and “My new Baby!” started to erupt all over the ship.

The ship finally managed to slow down a bit, only for them to get hailed by a team of star skippers that were attached to the Hyper Tube, they had a simple offer for the Cobbold captain.

“Hey mate, maybe you didn’t notice, but we’re the Emerald Snakes and we own this here hyper tube. So pay the toll or else.” Simultaneous while the bandits are attacking you, another group hails you from the opposite side of the Hyper Tube.

“Hey chummer, welcome to Wyvern’s Territory, we’re the biggest players in the nearest 3 parsecs, but we’re reeeeal friendly. We’ll cut you a deal, we need scrap, so do us a favor, and we’ll do you a favor. Attack another player 3x, (it does not have to be the same one) and receive an item that will let you ignore the speed limit for the next area.

Results posted:

+6 Position
Hotswap: Drones for Stealth Missiles

Item Offer:
New Event: Banditry
Attack another player 3x(does not have to be the same one) and receive a part that will lower your speed bracket by 2 levels.

Next Turn Events posted:

Arcanuse 2 Danger: 1d3-1 1

HP Check: 3

Parts:

Items:

Not Alex posted:

]Accel: 1d8 5
Current Speed: 15+5=20
Position: 41+20=61

Last Turn Events posted:

Low Speed +2 Positive

Extra Rewards at the Swap Shop

The swap shop hooked you up, and you were right on the precipice of the Hyper Tube, just as you were about to make your jump, you notice a purple blur blow past you, you’re not sure what it was, but you were sure you felt an unending string of curses that psionically hung in the air. Whatever that was, you were sure it wasn’t good.

The old man gives you a smile, and pushes you on your way, but not before telling you about a particularly large asteroid you can sling shot around for extra speed. You leave off better than you were when you got there.

As you approach the start of the hyperloop, your beacon pings a package. Quickly, you deploy the tractor beam to grab it. Opening it up, it looks like it’s mostly spices, with coordinates on it. It also has a list of instructions on the care and maintenance needed for them. With the list of instructions is a note, promising to reward whoever delivers this package handsomely. It looks like it’s being delivered to a fuel refinery of some sort. You’d be surprised how well a ship flies on premium fuel.

Results posted:

Swap Shop: 2#1d5 4 Weapons 1 Missiles

Event Get: Get to position 88+, Get an item to lower your Speed Bracket to the one beneath it, without lowering your speed.
Event Get: Reach position 88+ in 2 turns for an item that lets you add space to the end of the area (just for you)

Next Turn Events posted:

Not Alex - 2 HP Checks 2 Dangerous Checks: 1d3-1 0 1d3-1 2
Dangerous Skill Check: 4+1=5 DANGER DOUBLE DAMAGE AI Core Used
Boon Skill Check: 4+1=5 HIGH REWARDS
Parts:

Astus posted:

Pilot/Captain: Elvis

Deceleration Die: 1d6>1d10

Current Speed: 19-9=10
Position: 46+10=56

Card Played:

This Turn Events posted:

The new captain immediately took to the controls, and did their best to escape both the Wyvern, and the new Empire goons that were coming for them. The psionic ship twisted and turned in various maneuvers, quickly shaking off both sets of enemies. The good doctor was sitting in the corner in the fetal position. “I don’t understand why things like this keep happening to me. I’m a good Doctor. A good scientist. I never tortured anything.” She popped another pill in her mouth, “I mean… Not unnecessarily.”

The crew largely tried to ignore the hysterics, and got to work managing the engines and the ship, doing their best to prepare for the next area. Dr Kenan looked at the ship, and pulled out a small phial, she handed it to one of the crew members. “Use this, it might be able to help.

Results posted:

Astus - 2 HP 2 Skill 1 Danger 1 HP: HP Checks: 2#1d4 4 4
Skill Checks 2#1d10 1 7 Dangerous Skill Check 1d10 1 HP Check: 1d4 3

High Reward: Upgrade

With the empire and the wyvern fighting each other, the ship pulled hard on the breaks. They were going to enter the Hyper Tube at a reasonable speed, and also give the crew a chance to relax, and try to make repairs on the ship. Elvis took a deep breath, he made a mental note not to let Sylvar back on the ship.

Next Turn posted:

Going below Low Speed Heal 2 HP (Already at Max)
+2 Positive Events

Parts
Items

Lux Animus posted:

Speed Adjustments: Deceleration Round 5: 1d6 -5

Current Speed: 17 -> 12 - Low Speed in Area 2
Position: 39 -> 51 - [Area 51!!!]

Last Turn Events posted:

Boon Skill Check: 4+1=5 HIGH REWARDS

> Play: Open Bay Cockpit - See 2 Event Cards and pick 1 next round!

The fleshling nodded in agreement, and did their best to settle down. They were absorbing information and an accelerated rate, and it was becoming clear to her that she was… A scientist? She did science. She sat in what could be called a Captain’s chair, if Kudzu did not operate the ship through it’s every nook and cranny. She wondered for a second, why did the ship have chairs. Did the Kudzu take over a ship that was built for humanoids, or did it plan to take passengers. She reached into her pocket absent mindedly. Her pills weren’t there… Wait what pills?

As she did this, she noticed the scanner. She tapped one of the free tendrils on the ship, and pointed. “Fighters.” She said simply.

The mercenaries who had been traveling with the Kudzu ship started to fight with the empire goons that had shown up, but the Empire was determined to detonate the ship, and risked their own lives to get past the Mercenaries defenses. The ship did it’s best to turn and roll out of the way, but it was quickly razed with laser fire, the smell of a grass fire filling the ship, making the doctor cough. Even without lungs, she knew how to fake it.

That wasn't enough to take out the GroMobil-X of course, and Krelmsen returned fire with extreme prejudice, shooting the fighters out of the sky.

The Doctor looked at the controls, There must be a way to improve the precision of the engines She though as she started to flick through the menus.

Oh wait.

Results posted:

Dangerous Skill Check 1: Dangerous Skill Check (TN 5): 1d10 8 - Success! No health roll.
Dangerous Skill Check 2: Dangerous Skill Check (TN 5): 1d10 10 - Success! No health roll.
Dangerous Skill Check 3: Dangerous Skill Check (TN 5): 1d10 10 - Success! No health roll.
High Reward Skill Check: High Reward Skill Check (TN 5): 1d10 4 +1 from fluff = 5 - Success! Reward get!

Reward: Do not roll your speed die next turn, instead set your speed to whatever your heart desires

Next Turn Events posted:

Lux Animus Events: 1d3-1 2
Going Below Low Speed, Heal 2 HP
+2 Positive Events Open Bay(Reveal 2, pick 1)

The ship slowed down and it thought about what the next course of action could be.

Event Choice #1 posted:

The doctor was thinking how it could be a bigger help. Sure it could give it an upgrade, but it could do more. She thought about the future, and whether the new scientist camp would even accept her in her current state. The more she thought about this the more concerned she became. She wondered if there was another way to help the ship. Maybe she could do some sort of upgrade?

Receive an upgrade, and lose your Dr. Kel card as she becomes a permanent member of your ship. Lose 1 HP when you reach position 64

Event Choice #2 posted:

It was a long way off to the hyper tube, and your not sure how you’re going to catch up, given your so far behind it might be possible that you could catch up if another ship would help? Maybe you can borrow the power of another ship, you’re pretty sure they wouldn’t mind, as long as they came with…

Match position with the person in front of you, but how ever many position you jump, the person behind you also jumps.

Engines: Corrupting Flesh // Wings: X-Wings // Cockpit: Open Bay // Weapons: Drones (Mechanical) // Crew: Kudzu // Corrupted Flesh part copy: Fleshy Halfback // Aux: Mercs

AJ_Impy posted:

Ship: Recon Figure

>Play:

Acceleration: 1d20 6
Acceleration Die: D8
Health Die: D10

Current Speed: 11
Position: 45

Last Turn Events posted:

N/A

The slingshot fired Lup’s ship across the Galaxy, using the last place racer’s ship as a target. As long as there was one ship in the race, they’d be able to get you

Results posted:

N/A

Next Turn Events posted:

AJ_Impy Events Low: 1d3-1 0

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 15, 2021

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Speed Adjustments: Acceleration Round 6: (set to whatever I want) +2

Current Speed: 12 -> 14 - Low Speed in Area 2
Position: 51 -> 65 - Area 3: Hyper Lane entered!

Event Choice: Event Choice #1: Receive an upgrade, and lose your Dr. Kel card as she becomes a permanent member of your ship. Lose 1 HP when you reach position 64 - RESULT: Discard Dr. Ke'Nankel! Upgrade Kudzu Crew! 1 HP lost!

> Play: Krelmsen uses his Corrupted Flesh engines to copy Da Crusty Crobbold's Refugee Ship!

The giant, shuffling, craft-piloting plant person appraised their sole non-kudzu passenger: the corrupt Dr. Ke'Nankel, she who was birthed from the Corrupting Flesh engines.

She (it?) was clearly uncomfortable, even though she had been given the "best" seat in the whole ship: the heavily padded human-sized captain's chair. Dr. Nega-Ke'Nankel's physical form was weak and required both complex drugs and inefficient nutrient sources to survive, all niggling details in an anatomy that clearly left much to be desired.

In their kudzu grandness, Krelmsen felt that all those many things which were aboard their ship were to a certain degree a better part of their reason for existence, and so they wanted to tend to this surly doctor-concept-made-flesh as best as any grandiose shepherd of souls could. They wanted to give the good doctor an option to improve their lot in life.

Vines gathered up the captain's chair as Krelmsen Bismough lifted his humanoid passenger a small breadth above her seat.

"Little doctor fishy," said Krelmsen to the corrupt Dr. Ke'Nankel, scooping her up in hand-like tendrils, "you must return to the ocean or else you surely become breakfast for bigger fishies in this pool."

While this was going on, the giant kudzu surreptitiously adjusted several dials to set his ship's targeted path.

"Join Krelmsen, be crew, join frennns" the Kudzu bid, and the corrupted Dr. Ke'Nankel agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
pre:

Pilot/Captain: Elvis, Overworked Elf

Current Speed: 10>???
Position: 56>???
The crew of the Ostentatious Splendor let out a collective sigh of relief as they realized Elvis not only guided them to safety, but he did so without letting the ship take even a scratch. Most would have considered that to be nothing short of a miracle, but a few of the crew were aware that Elvis had been forced to take on the roles of co-pilot, navigator, engineer, psionics regulator, and even lepidoptera handler by the previous captain, being the only other elf whose name Sylvar could remember. No one was as familiar with the Ostentatious Splendor's abilities as Elvis.

With the ship in a relatively safe position for the time being, Elvis removes the control helmet before turning to the guest on the ship. "Dr. Ke'Nankel? Your stop should be just ahead, so you might want to pack up your pills now. I really don't want any of the crew to get addicted to this stuff, it seems...strong."