Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Also Justice League Europe, Wally was pretty immature and lecherous in that book.

And of course the original Mike Baron run when Wally first put on the red suit, which included him dumping his girlfriend when she asked for time to think about moving in with him, and immediately running off to start an affair with a married woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dawgstar posted:

I always forget that they used to draw Raven's face way more... angular, I guess is the best way to put it.

She was originally not supposed to be the goth everyone wants to gently caress.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Karma Tornado posted:

Raven's the head on the bottom right of the panel, the lady in white is probably Dr Light. White hair might be Silver Sorceress, there's probably a Crimson Fox or two in there, too

The lady in white is Catherine Colbert, Justice League Europe's attractive and stylish French liaison. "We are having all eternity to be doing so, too!" sounds like the way she spoke English in that book -- perfectly understandable, but clearly a second language for a native French speaker.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Skwirl posted:

Did Wally really get around that much? I read a good chunk of Mark Waid's Flash and he seemed like a one woman kinda guy in that. Like his sex dreams would be about the woman he was actually sleeping next to.

He definitely didn't sleep with all those women; Starfire, for one. And he and Linda weren't together yet at that point, so I'm pretty sure this is just a "women he finds hot" fantasy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lurdiak posted:

She was originally not supposed to be the goth everyone wants to gently caress.

True. On the other hand we now get Gabriel Picolo drawing her so it does even out.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Between Nightwing and Wally, Teen Titans sounds like kind of a pervy place to be.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's a bunch of teenagers in terrific shape and skin tight outfits nearly/actually dying all the time. Place must be hormone city

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Retro Futurist posted:

It's a bunch of teenagers in terrific shape and skin tight outfits nearly/actually dying all the time. Place must be hormone city

Strangely enough I can’t think of too many romances over the years though. I got:

- Nightwing and Starfire
- Superboy and Wonder Girl
- Raven and Beast Boy (I think this happened in the 2000s)
- Terra and Beast Boy (another one I’m not sure entirely about)
- Terra and Deathstroke (ugh)
- Kyle Rayner and Donna Troy
- I think Mirage and an evil Dick Grayson

I’m probably missing a ton, haven’t read Titans in over a decade, I just doesn’t seem like too many that I can remember offhand.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The whole reason Wally joined the New Teen Titans was Raven psychic roofie-ing him into being in love with her

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CopywrightMMXI posted:

And this one didn't even really happen much on-camera. I think they officially were together right before One Year Later and then were broken up when that relaunch happened.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Strangely enough I can’t think of too many romances over the years though. I got:

- Nightwing and Starfire
- Superboy and Wonder Girl
- Terra and Beast Boy (another one I’m not sure entirely about)
- Terra and Deathstroke (ugh)
- Kyle Rayner and Donna Troy
- I think Mirage and an evil Dick Grayson

I’m probably missing a ton, haven’t read Titans in over a decade, I just doesn’t seem like too many that I can remember offhand.

Shame on you for forgetting the greatest Titans romance of all time...

... Donna and Terry!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Who the gently caress is Terry?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

C'mon, Terry Long. A much older college professor she fell for who once got her a t-shirt that said 'Terry Long Fan Club.'

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

C'mon, Terry Long. A much older college professor she fell for who once got her a t-shirt that said 'Terry Long Fan Club.'

I don't even particularly like Donna Troy and that seems mean.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, actually, here's a question, during my recent Wonder Woman binge there was a part during, I think, Simone's run, where the Doomsday-alike villain does something to Donna with the lasso and it makes her freak out and attack Diana, blaming her for Terry and their kids dying... Obviously it's meant to be a delusion, but if there any reason that would make sense to her in-story? Was Diana around at the time they died?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

And who may or may not have been a Marv Wolfman self-insert, note.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Terry Long was black and had electrical powers too, coincidence?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Skwirl posted:

Batman.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Selachian posted:

Shame on you for forgetting the greatest Titans romance of all time...

... Donna and Terry!

Starfire's head is like 90% hair and 10% face.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's also all those giant people watching from the background.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

I don't even particularly like Donna Troy and that seems mean.

Also shout out to Wally 'knowing Raven's scream anywhere.'

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jesus loving christ, why isn't Raven punching him in the last panel?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, actually, here's a question, during my recent Wonder Woman binge there was a part during, I think, Simone's run, where the Doomsday-alike villain does something to Donna with the lasso and it makes her freak out and attack Diana, blaming her for Terry and their kids dying... Obviously it's meant to be a delusion, but if there any reason that would make sense to her in-story? Was Diana around at the time they died?

If I remember correctly it’s the why didn’t you save my family?

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Dawgstar posted:

Didn't he lose tenure because Donna was off fighting Greek Mythology Titans with the fate of the world at stake and wasn't there to help him write a paper?

maltesh fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 16, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

maltesh posted:

Didn't he lose tenure because Donna was off fighting Greek Mythology Titans with the fate of the world at stake and wasn't there to help him write a paper?

That's why you don't date your TA. That exact circumstances.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

maltesh posted:

Honestly despite being able to marry a superhero, Terry's life kind of turns to crap overall (before losing it entirely) after meeting Donna.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Honestly despite being able to marry a superhero, Terry's life kind of turns to crap overall (before losing it entirely) after meeting Donna.

Isn't like Lois Lane the only person that's ever really worked out for (maybe Mary Jane Watson, but the devil's in the details of whether or not that relationship has been a positive thing in her life)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Isn't like Lois Lane the only person that's ever really worked out for (maybe Mary Jane Watson, but the devil's in the details of whether or not that relationship has been a positive thing in her life)

Ralph and Sue Dibny used to be a good example BUT WELP.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

Animal man’s family had that little hiccup pre52 but then post their son did die. However they are still together.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Reading Starman and a lot of the old timers had wives until old age.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

Reading Starman and a lot of the old timers had wives until old age.

I think that's just because no one wrote about them for 60 years.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Skwirl posted:

I think that's just because no one wrote about them for 60 years.

the only place a comic book character can ever truly be safe

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Is Damien Wayne typically written as a serious grown up in a 13 year old's body, or is he sometimes written as a kid who just happens to have been trained as an assassin?

I tend to only think of him as the first example, but I'd personally like him more if he did kid stuff occasionally.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Is Damien Wayne typically written as a serious grown up in a 13 year old's body, or is he sometimes written as a kid who just happens to have been trained as an assassin?

I tend to only think of him as the first example, but I'd personally like him more if he did kid stuff occasionally.

He was much more "kid who is also a trained assassin" in the Supersons book that was too good for this world.

Has he hung out with Jon at all since Jon got aged up?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Skwirl posted:

Has he hung out with Jon at all since Jon got aged up?

Why the gently caress did they age Jon up? It’s such a dumb idea

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

BENDIS

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

Well, you see, Bendis prefers a more mature Superboy, like Conner, so we had to age up Jon, because what other option is there to get a teen Superboy for the Legion? Pfft, bring Conner back in a Young Justice reboot, yeah right, you'd need to be a big superstar creator with your own imprint like Bendis to get that greenlit...

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 19, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

Well, you see, Bendis prefers a more mature Superboy, like Conner, so we had to age up Jon, because what other option is there to get a teen Superboy for the Legion? Pfft, bring Conner back in a Young Justice reboot, yeah right, you'd need to be a big superstar creator with your own imprint like Bendis to get that greenlit...

Sometimes it does get hard to deny the claim Bendis really has only one voice for his characters and he needs them to at least be a teen for that to work.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I just don't understand the hoops jumped through when the Gordian Knot solution is 'bring Conner back, send him to the Legion'. The nature of the Legion means you can still send him back for YJ stories! No-one is gonna be mad if you put Conner in the Legion because, guess what, Legion fans and Conner fans are just gonna be happy there's a book with them in it.

Dawgstar posted:

Sometimes it does get hard to deny the claim Bendis really has only one voice for his characters and he needs them to at least be a teen for that to work.

I disagree with that, but I am fascinated that Bendis writes multiple titles, sometimes featuring the same characters, and yet you'd swear they were written by different writers who weren't communicating with one another, nor had an editor do a pass for continuity or consistency.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
You can just send slightly older Jon to the Legion by having him be sent from slightly in the future! It’s time travel!