Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Those aggressive Japanese wash cloths are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Arc Light you are a Beautiful Person, I got my box o stuff and it is awesome. That mug is awesome! I plan on rehabbing the headset so I can use it on my airplane game. I did get a lot of cosmoline on me trying it on haha. I will take pictures and show off my Secret Satan / Santa score tomorrow

Stay Tuned Goons,
StinkyPete

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

McNally posted:

Those aggressive Japanese wash cloths are the best.

You are going to be so soft, bengy81.

Glad you liked everything! Post your review of the smoke pepper bomb honey here, or better yet, on the beekeeper's FB page! (and also here)

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

stinkypete posted:

Arc Light you are a Beautiful Person, I got my box o stuff and it is awesome. That mug is awesome! I plan on rehabbing the headset so I can use it on my airplane game. I did get a lot of cosmoline on me trying it on haha. I will take pictures and show off my Secret Satan / Santa score tomorrow

Stay Tuned Goons,
StinkyPete

The mask is slightly radioactive it is picking up 25 counts per minute to my normal 14.

The headphones are kinda hot 40 counts per minute.

I can only pick up Gamma and Beta but my gieger counter is not alarming that happens about 800 counts per minute.

stinkypete fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 5, 2021

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

stinkypete posted:

The mask is slightly radioactive it is picking up 25 counts per minute to my normal 14.

I can only pick up Gamma and Beta but my gieger counter is not alarming that happens about 800 counts per minute.

Two Finger, I swear this was just a coincidence. I would never betray you by [edit: INTENTIONALLY] irradiating another goon.

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 5, 2021

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

stinkypete posted:

Dah gently caress?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

stinkypete posted:

lmao i love these forums

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Brute Squad posted:

lmao i love these forums

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Quick, someone run to the PYF forums drama thread and tell that weird guy from 2019s prank that GiP goons irradiated each other, so we keep the chain going :)

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Just so I do not cause a riot. Arc Light did send me some slightly radioactive poo poo I think it was the Cosmolene that was slightly radioactive. I still want to hear if the head[hones are Tanker or air crew. Stay Safe Stay Healthy Stay Peace of mind!

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

stinkypete posted:

Just so I do not cause a riot. Arc Light did send me some slightly radioactive poo poo I think it was the Cosmolene that was slightly radioactive. I still want to hear if the head[hones are Tanker or air crew. Stay Safe Stay Healthy Stay Peace of mind!

It's actually a model H-63/U headset used by the US Army Signal Corps, and the batch it came from was manufactured in the 1940s (according to the seller). No guarantee as to its functionality at that age; I just try to include at least one or two old school mil gifts in my annual GiP gift exchange.

Glad you dig it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I mean don't post pics or anything

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

@Geizkragen: Package still shows as not having been posted by inbound customs, sorry for the delay, German logistics under Corona seem extraordinarily hosed according to a bunch of googling around and looking at support requests/comments on the DHL page.
On Thursday, it'll have been in transit for 30 days, so I'll be able to file an investigation request pro forma, but going by what I'm reading, I'm guessing it's not actually lost, just delayed as hell due to the holiday package load in addition to the previous Corona load.

:(

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I mean don't post pics or anything

Don't worry they are coming. I didn't have good lighting tonight to do them justice. They really are nice. Now I am going to go rig up some lights for pictures.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Still nothing, Frozen Vent :( Was the perishable thing in there smelly enough that some USPS worker might've thrown it out? Maybe give it to the end of the week, and I'll try contacting USPS with the tracking info you got.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
An update, my parcel should arrive today, says the USPS tracking site. It was further delayed by a day for some reason.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Ataxerxes posted:

An update, my parcel should arrive today, says the USPS tracking site. It was further delayed by a day for some reason.

It has arrived!

Once I recover from the licorice there will be pictures. The crab shirt is very fitting for Maryland.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

Still nothing, Frozen Vent :( Was the perishable thing in there smelly enough that some USPS worker might've thrown it out? Maybe give it to the end of the week, and I'll try contacting USPS with the tracking info you got.

It’s bottle of cocktail syrups, so shouldn’t be an issue.

Edit: Says Item Delivered Today

FrozenVent fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 7, 2021

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Ataxerxes posted:

The crabby shirt will fit right in here in Maryland.

The candies are like weaponized licorice with a spicy powder middle. Like you think you know licorice and these things come and kick your face in then sprinkle a pleasant spicy sweet salty powder to say goodbye.

I have no clue what the DVD is but it has Lip, Cock, and Sodom in the title so giggles abound.

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 7, 2021

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Laranzu posted:

The crabby shirt will fit right in here in Maryland.

The candies are like weaponized licorice with a spicy powder middle. Like you think you know licorice and these things come and kick your face in then sprinkle a pleasant spicy sweet powder to say goodbye.

I have no clue what the DVD is but it has Lip, Cock, and Sodom in the title so giggles abound.

Tyrkisk Peber is just awesome stuff

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

stinkypete fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 7, 2021

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Forgot to post these the other day.

I knew I was in trouble.

I had no idea how much trouble...

Yikes

Now we're talkin...these all look good

GUILTY AS CHARGED

This all seriously owns. I'll give the nuts a try, but I already know they'll immediately kick my rear end and I'll be forced to trick my coworkers into trying them.

Edit: Nut #4 includes the kind I gave Duzzy seeds for... :lol:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

stinkypete posted:

[timg]///timg]

You have to model the clothes that people send you. Where do you think this avatar came from?

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

stinkypete posted:

Don't worry they are coming. I didn't have good lighting tonight to do them justice. They really are nice. Now I am going to go rig up some lights for pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/1iETJUU

https://imgur.com/a/zkvYX3t

I guess I could decompress with these hahah In reality I am terrified if I had to use them.

https://imgur.com/a/s3dsOhc

I think the Cosmoline was the culprit

stinkypete fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 7, 2021

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Hekk posted:

You have to model the clothes that people send you. Where do you think this avatar came from?

Fine then haha here is my modelling Man tits included. The Hypno Toad with a skate board really harks back to my skateboarding days so that is cool shirt . Me and my wife are still fighting over the Vail shirt it is a Legit soft and really good quality shirt. I really want that shirt but I think my wife has claimed it.

Thanks Arc Light!

https://imgur.com/a/BHAYAHU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Frozen Vent's package finally arrived!

Baby says 'gently caress yo rules'
I set it on the floor and she just ran up and snatched it as I was taking the picture.

And of course this cursed thing shows back up in my house two years after gifting it.

Made the gin and tonics first, they're really good, thanks!

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

Laranzu posted:

Glad you like them! The movies is trying to be a sort of serious sci-fi but the you can see that the name was chosen by people who either didn't know English very well or weren't paid enough to care. It received an award of some sort for either costumes or scenery, but I figured the title would fit right into this subforum.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

@Geizkragen: Package still shows as not having been posted by inbound customs, sorry for the delay, German logistics under Corona seem extraordinarily hosed according to a bunch of googling around and looking at support requests/comments on the DHL page.
On Thursday, it'll have been in transit for 30 days, so I'll be able to file an investigation request pro forma, but going by what I'm reading, I'm guessing it's not actually lost, just delayed as hell due to the holiday package load in addition to the previous Corona load.

:(

Update:
Unless your tracking shows something else than I am seeing, the package is still in transit and hasn't entered inbound customs. Looks like due to Corona, I won't be able to file an inquiry until the package has been in transit for 42, not 30 days.

I'm starting to get worried that my package going to the airmail-dispocenter instead of Hamburg to go via ship may have been unintentional, and that Frankfurt was all "lol this wasn't supposed to go by plane, let's just have it sit here until it's routed to Hamburg for shipping".
Sorry about this lovely Corona shipping experience.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

It’s here! It’s here!

FrozenVent fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 15, 2021

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

FrozenVent posted:

It’s here! It’s here!

Holy poo poo

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Hey it’s a box from the northern plague lands!

Thanks el Mag!

The girlfriend assumes we’re cursed now, so that’s awesome.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Enjoy your box of covid

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Enjoy your box of covid

Very on brand on Uzuztah
THE GREEN LORD
THE GREEN SPREADER
THE GREEN WAKE
IA IA Pity your worshipers

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Update:
Unless your tracking shows something else than I am seeing, the package is still in transit and hasn't entered inbound customs. Looks like due to Corona, I won't be able to file an inquiry until the package has been in transit for 42, not 30 days.

I'm starting to get worried that my package going to the airmail-dispocenter instead of Hamburg to go via ship may have been unintentional, and that Frankfurt was all "lol this wasn't supposed to go by plane, let's just have it sit here until it's routed to Hamburg for shipping".
Sorry about this lovely Corona shipping experience.

Well every day I run to the front window hoping that the truck I might have heard pulling away left me a gift. Like a child. So you're keeping me hopeful this year which is definitely a thing.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I don’t know if we’re doing prizes this year, but I want to nominate El Maligno for accidentally cursing my girlfriend with some imagined white girl voodoo.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

FrozenVent posted:

I don’t know if we’re doing prizes this year, but I want to nominate El Maligno for accidentally cursing my girlfriend with some imagined white girl voodoo.

She is being posed by the ghost of lovecraft. Dont let her rename kimchi.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Godholio posted:

:lol:

There was supposed to be a note but I managed to leave it on the printer for several days after shipping. The seeds are, allegedly, for Trinidad Chocolate 7 Pot Douglah peppers. I don't know poo poo about peppers but you've already planted the hot ones I'd heard of. A couple of the reviews suggested the quality control might not be the best at making sure the right type seeds are in the right packet, so good luck.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Partly double-planted 8 seeds today in my peat pods, I'd be surprised if I bring fewer than 4 of them to full growth. :)

Sad-update: Despite optimal conditions, none of the 8 seeds ended up showing life. I've been monitoring them and the conditions in my growhouse carefully after not even a single one was showing any initiative 9 days in (which is generally the time by which I expect the first planted seeds to sprout).
I'm gonna give the remaining seeds from the baggie a try in coconut-fiber pods (which usually aren't my pod of choice for chinensis-strains) and hope for the best. I've never had a spawning rate lower than 60% of planted seeds, so this would be a bit of a bummer.

But a partner-in-crime of mine at work with whom I talk chili pretty frequently raised an issue that may be the cause of the problem: Most (all?) of US domestic mail is irradiated post-9/11, right?
Because my buddy floated the idea that even if the package had an international destination, domestic SOP would still have applied, so the seeds could have gotten a healthy-dose of the death-rays. :(

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Only mail going to certain government agencies. I think it's just a shady seller. :(

If the rest don't work out, I'll certainly be leaving a strongly worded negative review!

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

ElMaligno posted:

She is being posed by the ghost of lovecraft. Dont let her rename kimchi.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Yeah that’s the part that spooks me too.