Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Twin Peaks but every single role is Crampton. Even James.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Someone replace James with era-appropriate Keanu.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

Twin Peaks but every single role is Crampton. Even James.

Twin Peaks but everg role is Richard from Twin Peaks except Richard himself who is played by coop

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

:spooky: Week 3 Bracketology Streams! :spooky:
:rip: Only on the CineD Discord :rip:

All times are in EST and may not reflect reality.

Friday, January 15th

1900 Mother Joan of the Angels (1961)
2100 A Page of Madness (1926)
2220 The Bride (2017)

Monday, January 18th

1900 Butterfly Kisses (2018)
2040 Bones (2001)
2225 War of the Worlds (2005)

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Putting this out into the universe, but my goal this year is to watch all 72 video nasties this year. Turns out I've only seen 20 of them :(

There is a good documentary called Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship & Videotape (also a follow up documentary sub-titled Draconian Days) which gives a really insightful look into this era, home media at the time, and the laws introduced (both sides are represented). It's worth checking out for anyone interested in a brief history, but they also made a two volume feature that plays clips from every one of the movies on the list and talk a little bit about them. I think it clocks in just under eight hours total, but it's way less time consuming that watching all 72 (or however many you haven't seen) and it'll definitely eliminate some of the lesser titles that you'll quickly know you won't want to watch. A lot of the movies made the list based on one or two particular scenes, notoriously gruesome VHS art work, and for some even just a notably crude title.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have a strong feeling that there's an easy joke to make about Barbra Crampton's twin peaks that you are all too cowardly to make but I'm not sure how to make it funny

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Burkion posted:

Barbra Crampton's twin peaks

I think you got it, friend.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsqZ6eZnpqE

Willy's Wonderland with Nic Cage finally has a trailer and it looks like a blast.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

dorium posted:

Willy's Wonderland with Nic Cage finally has a trailer and it looks like a blast.

Yeah this looks insane and good.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Hunted kinda fuckin ruled. It's my favorite subgenre of horror/thriller (spoilers though it's in the trailer anyway) Victim turning the tables on the killer, with some slightly fantastical things thrown in.

The ending was pretty viscerally satisfying for me too.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

dorium posted:

So the gimmick is Cage doesn't speak through the whole thing?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Hunted kinda fuckin ruled. It's my favorite subgenre of horror/thriller (spoilers though it's in the trailer anyway) Victim turning the tables on the killer, with some slightly fantastical things thrown in.

this one? https://letterboxd.com/film/hunted-2020/

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Spatulater bro! posted:

So the gimmick is Cage doesn't speak through the whole thing?

maybe, but also Cage is one of the few actors I think could do a non speaking role and completely kill it. I am undetered.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Yea, just got released on Shudder.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Yea, just got released on Shudder.

sweet, sounds pretty cool and reminds me of the masters of horror pick me up

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

dorium posted:

maybe, but also Cage is one of the few actors I think could do a non speaking role and completely kill it. I am undetered.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, it's a cool gimmick. "How insane can Nic Cage be without even talking?"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's really drat good. My only criticism is that the villain is so repellent but compelling that the protag almost takes a backseat to him.

Extremely here for it's commitment to nose trauma too.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

dorium posted:

Lol they scooped the Blumhouse FNAF movie.

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

So, Green knight in 2021?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Origami Dali posted:

Lol they scooped the Blumhouse FNAF movie.

No clue why they spent so much time loving around, it's like the simplest premise in the world.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Yeah, I was expecting Hunted to be a bit more like Revenge i.e. a stylish woman-getting-revenge movie but it's really more closely related to something like What Keeps You Alive, in that it's a survival movie rather than a revenge movie. It's still really stylish and really good, though, and they throw in some folklore elements to keep it interesting.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Scorsese on Carpenter
https://twitter.com/Nick_Newman/status/1350503838353133570?s=19

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Happy Birthday John Carpenter!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

No clue why they spent so much time loving around, it's like the simplest premise in the world.

This is even the second time they got lapped by another studio - that Banana Splits movie from last year is basically the same concept.

loving Guillermo Del Toro is going to have a “killer Chuck E Cheese” movie done before the “real” FNAF movie hits.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Happy Birthday John Carpenter!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah, I was expecting Hunted to be a bit more like Revenge i.e. a stylish woman-getting-revenge movie but it's really more closely related to something like What Keeps You Alive, in that it's a survival movie rather than a revenge movie. It's still really stylish and really good, though, and they throw in some folklore elements to keep it interesting.

I enjoyed it too. The leads performance is great.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Splint Chesthair posted:

This is even the second time they got lapped by another studio - that Banana Splits movie from last year is basically the same concept.

loving Guillermo Del Toro is going to have a “killer Chuck E Cheese” movie done before the “real” FNAF movie hits.

There would be some lovely poetry in GDT getting out a similar project before someone else does.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Splint Chesthair posted:

I have no idea why they're sleeping on this. FNAF is still a very popular kid friendly horror franchise, it'd be super easy to turn that into a profitable movie.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Saw John Carpenter trending and freaked out until I found out it was just his birthday

A good tweet:
https://twitter.com/letterboxd/status/1350538857930911745

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

el oso posted:

Saw John Carpenter trending and freaked out until I found out it was just his birthday

A good tweet:
https://twitter.com/letterboxd/status/1350538857930911745

Yeah that’s a hell of a miracle run there. It sucks so many of them weren’t appreciated and performed poorly when they came out.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah that’s a hell of a miracle run there. It sucks so many of them weren’t appreciated and performed poorly when they came out.

It does exclude Someone's Watching Me and Elvis: the Movie, though.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Horror thread, I'm doing it! I'm doing it!

I'm subscribing to Shudder. My horror bro is coming over tonight and we're gonna watch a couple Shudders.

What should be our inaugural watch? Right now we're both leaning toward Possessor due mainly to the buzz in this thread about it.

edit: ahahaha it's not even on Shudder, it's on Amazon for $0.99. So AFTER we watch that, what should be our first Shudder?

JonathonSpectre fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jan 17, 2021

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

JonathonSpectre posted:

I'm subscribing to Shudder. My horror bro is coming over tonight and we're gonna watch a couple Shudders.

What should be our inaugural watch? Right now we're both leaning toward Possessor due mainly to the buzz in this thread about it.

edit: ahahaha it's not even on Shudder, it's on Amazon for $0.99. So AFTER we watch that, what should be our first Shudder?

Have you seen Mandy? If not, watch Mandy. If so, watch Mandy again.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I feel like Mandy or One Cut of the Dead are the most Shudder watches.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

JonathonSpectre posted:

Tammy and the T-Rex

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

TAMMYYY

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Basebf555 posted:

Tammy and the T-Rex

I think you mean Tanny and the T-Rex.

But yeah, watch that it's great.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Basebf555 posted:

Tammy and the T-Rex

I am a horror fan but I can only take so much.

Mandy it is. A fine inaugural watch, and I've never seen it before. Just saw Color Out of Space a few days ago so very excited to see some more horror Cage.

edit: gently caress me I just looked it up, I thought it was that Whoopi Goldberg dinosaur cop movie and yet I didn't even question why that would be on a horror streaming service, it just seemed natural.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
To be fair, Shudder does occasionally have movies that are only vaguely horror related

Don’t overlook their non-fiction. Horror Noire and Scream, Queen are both excellent. Cursed Films is a series that has some pretty good episodes. It’s not going to have a lot of surprises if you already know a ton of backstory behind the movies though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

JonathonSpectre posted:

Haunt
Audition
Black Sunday