Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Does completing the tarot card scavenger hunt trigger a percentage increase with Silverhand? I'm stuck at 60%, said what i felt was right during that one quest (which means the combination was not correct), and I don't think I met the criteria for what i'm talking about.

also did i just see that right that there's a JoJo pose in camera mode? I haven't really used Camera mode at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

V's Bizzare Pose, yes. There's also a Sailor Moon pose.

What confuses me is I can't find any consistency to when "look at the camera" is available. I didn't see it until the end of my first playthrough despite a copious use of Photo Mode, and I couldn't tell you what I did differently to make it available versus when it wasn't.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

marshmallow creep posted:

V's Bizzare Pose, yes. There's also a Sailor Moon pose.

What confuses me is I can't find any consistency to when "look at the camera" is available. I didn't see it until the end of my first playthrough despite a copious use of Photo Mode, and I couldn't tell you what I did differently to make it available versus when it wasn't.
For some dumb loving reason, any jacket that has geometry near your neck (like the Pozer jackets), and some hats and helmets, disable looking at the camera, probably because they are afraid of clipping issues? Change your clothes and the option will come back.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Private Speech posted:

You can get them from breach protocol via that one perk in it, but the quality depends on the difficulty of the point.

Also I think all legendary decks require street cred?

Apparently there’s a bug right now where getting the tutorial ping quick hack prevents you from getting quick hacks from access points.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Infinite Karma posted:

For some dumb loving reason, any jacket that has geometry near your neck (like the Pozer jackets), and some hats and helmets, disable looking at the camera, probably because they are afraid of clipping issues? Change your clothes and the option will come back.

That explains it then. I got the option after putting on the Aldecaldo's bolero, which had removed all my other clothes because for some reason Saul felt the need to strip me naked on the back of that truck in front of the entire clan.

RatHat posted:

Apparently there’s a bug right now where getting the tutorial ping quick hack prevents you from getting quick hacks from access points.

Fuuuuuuck. RIP my netwizards progress--gonna need to find an old save to avoid that.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

SubponticatePoster posted:

The highest damage single shot I've done so far is something like 175,000 with an Overwatch. When I end up doing DFtR I expect that even with a lot of DR most things aren't going to be a problem.

My top was 322k with a Commie Cannon.

RatHat posted:

Can you get into the stadium in the northeast of Pacifica?

Betting it's DLC, just like that huge military base to the NE of Watson.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Does completing the tarot card scavenger hunt trigger a percentage increase with Silverhand? I'm stuck at 60%, said what i felt was right during that one quest (which means the combination was not correct), and I don't think I met the criteria for what i'm talking about.

also did i just see that right that there's a JoJo pose in camera mode? I haven't really used Camera mode at all

Did you ride the rollercoaster? Also percentage doesn't matter if you use the right answer choices at the end of Chippin' In.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fuzz posted:

My top was 322k with a Commie Cannon.

It could also just be cut like a lot in far SE Velen in TW3

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

hobbesmaster posted:

It could also just be cut like a lot in far SE Velen in TW3

Also true.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Welp, that’s all the achievements except one(because I have a bugged police activity) so now I just have to wait for a patch to get my plat trophy.

Fuzz posted:

Probably, there’s even a metro station there.

Isn’t the military base for the Aldecaldo ending though?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
The Ubisoft vs CDPR debate is extra funny when you consider Ubisoft has spent the last 6 years trying to make The Witcher 3.
:nallears:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

The Ubisoft vs CDPR debate is extra funny when you consider Ubisoft has spent the last 6 years trying to make The Witcher 3.
:nallears:

i'll be the sad centrist who likes both and say i think they both have their strengths, though CDPR makes the better games overall. i would say AC origins was the closets i had to a witcher like sense of discovery and quest design and poo poo(mostly because they loving copied exactly).

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Private Speech posted:

You can get them from breach protocol via that one perk in it, but the quality depends on the difficulty of the point.

Also I think all legendary decks require street cred?

ccubed fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 16, 2021

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

SubponticatePoster posted:

The highest damage single shot I've done so far is something like 175,000 with an Overwatch. When I end up doing DFtR I expect that even with a lot of DR most things aren't going to be a problem.

1.8 million with Crash is my highest so far. Most of the time it's 700Kish

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Yeah that Raven Microcyber is the one I was talking about. (And yes, I dicked around a lot before I did the heist).

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Is there anywhere to get hover legs besides Fingers? I’ve gotten gold mods as rewards/drops for some missions...

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
I can't put down the Tetratonic, Ultimate QHs are just so OP even if with my stats Contagion and co. are just as effective probably a lot more efficient

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

RatHat posted:

Now that I think about it, I took the perk that lets you get quick hacks from access points but I'm not sure I ever got a single quick hack from access points. Yet more fodder for the respec

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Access points awarded quick hacks? I thought they just gave you money and crafting materials.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I took the free ping and constantly get free hacks from random access points. Up to all purple, now... :shrug:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Katt posted:

Access points awarded quick hacks? I thought they just gave you money and crafting materials.

It’s a perk, I played through the entire game as Netrunner without them. You get a full suite of green hacks from Nix and upgrading them is trivial. You could have full Legendary quick hacks from like 4 hours of normal play if you know what you’re doing.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

New Jason Schrier article about the games' development is a pretty good read. very classic story of how game development goes wrong

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-16/cyberpunk-2077-what-caused-the-video-game-s-disastrous-rollout

also this:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1350330156683026433

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Really wish devs didn't feel the need to prop up vertical slice demos that have nothing to do with the actual product in development. I get why they do, just wish they didn't

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lmao that even the staff at CDPR were like “surely we know what we’re doing, we made the Witcher 3!”

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

That's a big disappointment to me. I get that the bosses and marketing will say a garbage game is great.

But then you have the verified dev staff on social media enthusiastically talking up the game and you just know that post release they will blame the disappointed fans on the leadership. But there's a shared responsibility here.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Pro read.

That cop system being unfinished was blatantly obvious. I like how how a lot of people we're posting "wow, gee, so many backseat game devs posting" as if a lot of the stuff wasn't obviously last minute or first pass.

That workplace environment is just painful to think about.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I disagree. The devs aren’t the ones pushing the bad, unfinished game out the door.

The devs did their job to the best of their ability. The problem is in the management team managing for the investors and not for the staff nor the product.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That's pretty much what I expected. Everything about this game screamed production issues.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Modding was practically the main reason to buy bethesda games (before '76) so I'm glad to hear Cyberpunk is getting modding support soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VJlYieSEsI

Apparently Witcher 3 will also be getting modding support too, so that might actually be even more potentially exciting long-term. :eyepop:

Farm Frenzy posted:

New Jason Schrier article about the games' development is a pretty good read. very classic story of how game development goes wrong

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-16/cyberpunk-2077-what-caused-the-video-game-s-disastrous-rollout

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1350326730481922050

This part in particular about the lack of an effective pipeline explains so much for me about why the game feels the way it does.

There's so much in the game that feels like it was a direct result of no one keeping full track of what had been built already.

There's a lot that feels like unfinished or overlapping features that weren't meant to overlap or were meant to be finished but only got half finished one way and less-than-half finished pulling in the other direction. The clunky and overly-complex-yet-stupidly-simplistic loot system competing for sheer redundancy with the game's blatantly unfinished perk and stat system, for example.

The crummy audio mixing in the game also has that poo poo going on particularly badly. So much of the game feels like one group working on the game didn't know what the other group had or had not done - so you're left with a lot of poo poo overlapping itself or just being left out entirely.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 16, 2021

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yup that article is a very pro read and basically confirmed everything we’ve been saying about this game’s development and what happened for a while. The hubris man. They really did the classic fake E3 demo too, god it’s like a greatest hits of what not to do during game development.

It’s even funnier when you had people in this very thread defend the obvious missing features. This game was obviously rushed to market and not finished.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

I look forward to seeing a smaller indie team release basically the core gameplay of the 'choices-matter tactical FPS-RPG' game that was promised in Cyberpunk's trailers in a few years. :laugh:

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Pro read.

That cop system being unfinished was blatantly obvious. I like how how a lot of people we're posting "wow, gee, so many backseat game devs posting" as if a lot of the stuff wasn't obviously last minute or first pass.

That workplace environment is just painful to think about.

Honestly not even just the obviously missing features that were planned or displayed. Like there really isn’t a ‘combat system’. Yes there is a system wherein any player character build using any means just completely wipes out any hostile NPC, but like there’s no challenge to any of it, no matter what you do, and all of the values and most of the perk tree around it just scream ‘put some numbers here for now we’ll actually tune it later’

What’s actually amazing is despite almost everything about the game being totally under baked it’s STILL fun for a good while. If they keep at it for a year or two with DLC it’ll probably be actually great. Although I fear they won’t ever address things like combat never being a challenge at all.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yup that article is a very pro read and basically confirmed everything we’ve been saying about this game’s development and what happened for a while. The hubris man. They really did the classic fake E3 demo too, god it’s like a greatest hits of what not to do during game development.

It’s even funnier when you had people in this very thread defend the obvious missing features. This game was obviously rushed to market and not finished.

I really like this game but it really is loving janky as poo poo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Spacedad posted:

I look forward to seeing a smaller indie team release basically the core gameplay of the 'choices-matter tactical FPS-RPG' game that was promised in Cyberpunk's trailers in a few years. :laugh:

TBH you’re just describing Dishonored, though. Like there are multiple endings and your choices and playstyle pretty heavily impact how the game ends up. We’ve already had this game for years, it’s very very good!

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

TBH you’re just describing Dishonored, though. Like there are multiple endings and your choices and playstyle pretty heavily impact how the game ends up. We’ve already had this game for years, it’s very very good!

I was hoping that Cyberpunk was basically going to evolve a lot of Dishonored's ideas but expand them into something like 'Disco Elysium Lite.'

Instead we got something that's a step BEHIND *mass effect 1.*

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

toadee posted:

Honestly not even just the obviously missing features that were planned or displayed. Like there really isn’t a ‘combat system’. Yes there is a system wherein any player character build using any means just completely wipes out any hostile NPC, but like there’s no challenge to any of it, no matter what you do, and all of the values and most of the perk tree around it just scream ‘put some numbers here for now we’ll actually tune it later’

What’s actually amazing is despite almost everything about the game being totally under baked it’s STILL fun for a good while. If they keep at it for a year or two with DLC it’ll probably be actually great. Although I fear they won’t ever address things like combat never being a challenge at all.

Yeah, the combat especially at lower levels is a rollercoaster cause ther numbers haven't basically gotten high enough, it is amazing how fun and addicting this game is even with how broken and mismanaged it was.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RatHat posted:

Well they're coming from somewhere, then. I have so many quick hacks I basically have triples at almost every rarity level (except Legendary). And yes, I did the tutorial ping quick hack.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

toadee posted:

A big selling point on this game for me long-term would have been if they pulled off the combat system.

But as you said, yeah - there isn't really a 'combat system.'

You just run around spewing damage. And nothing really matters. You just wreck everyone on every difficulty, with whatever perks and skills you have.

If the enemies were lethal and genuine threats that made you second guess yourself and make careful perk choices - then we might have something. But after about a few hours, it gets really boring basically just stunlocking everyone with a hammer or headshotting everyone in seconds.

I was hoping I'd have to deal with tougher enemies in an almost puzzle-like way to exploit their weaknesses, in keeping with the feel of trying to figure out what kind of Cyberpunk technology you're up against. But no, it really doesn't matter. None of it does.

This poo poo sadly doesn't seem like it will get fixed with patches. It's also why even with modding I'm not particularly feeling very excited about returning to the game. I'd rather play something that gives me a better experience like that. (But hopefully modders or the game getting some kind of a FF14/No-Man's-Sky-like makeover will change that.)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Spacedad posted:

A big selling point on this game for me long-term would have been if they pulled off the combat system.

But as you said, yeah - there isn't really a 'combat system.'

You just run around spewing damage. And nothing really matters. You just wreck everyone on every difficulty, with whatever perks and skills you have.

If the enemies were lethal and genuine threats that made you second guess yourself and make careful perk choices - then we might have something. But after about a few hours, it gets really boring basically just stunlocking everyone with a hammer or headshotting everyone in seconds.

I was hoping I'd have to deal with tougher enemies in an almost puzzle-like way to exploit their weaknesses, in keeping with the feel of trying to figure out what kind of Cyberpunk technology you're up against. But no, it really doesn't matter. None of it does.

This poo poo sadly doesn't seem like it will get fixed with patches. It's also why even with modding I'm not particularly feeling very excited about returning to the game. I'd rather play something that gives me a better experience like that.

idk, I think the combat is still pretty fun even if it easy.

Like, miles above the Witcher 3

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

toadee posted:

Because it's essentially Far Cry which is fun if you like essentially doing regular fast paced FPS combat (or stealth) in the beginning and then end up turning into a tornado of destruction towards the end. Sucks for anyone who wanted Witcher 3 or an indepth RPG or whatever I guess.

Far Cry is tighter as an experience on the whole because it isn't bogged down by gutted RPG mechanics like the Diablo-style inventory system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Andrast posted:

idk, I think the combat is still pretty fun even if it easy.

Like, miles above the Witcher 3

The combat is fun, but it is a sugar rush that doesn't last. I did have fun for a while just absolutely wrecking bad guys.

But then I realized there wasn't any tactical stuff I was doing that mattered at all, and I got really bored.

I had way more fun with Saints Row 3 & 4 with this same sort of tactics-dont-matter-just-gently caress-around stuff. Because at least I had a dubstep gun.