Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

post itt about parenting or whatever. idk i dont have kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:tizzy:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

where do babies come from?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
mods are basically internet parents

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
whatever. WHATEVER

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

mods are basically internet parents

:hmmyes:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

AnimeIsTrash posted:

where do babies come from?

there's this big goofy lookin bird that comes by and fucks your wife

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the mailman does have a eagle on his uniform...

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

i dont have kids.

megathread clout chasing mf

edit oh thats the joke lol :classiclol: :anime:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i dont have kids but ... maybe one day ... :shobon:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
why is op still allowed to make threads?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i dont have children op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I didn't say she was crazy I said she was loving goofy

pram
Jun 10, 2001

fart simpson posted:

post itt about parenting or whatever. idk i dont have kids.

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

buddy, the big goofy lookin bird IS my wife!!!

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
every once in a while my gf and i cost out an expensive vacation we want to eventually take in terms of "months of child care" for lols

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

raminasi posted:

every once in a while my gf and i cost out an expensive vacation we want to eventually take in terms of "months of child care" for lols

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

im a parent

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
as a goon i

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

hi a parent I’m dad.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hey dad, howve ya been?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

im dad

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

dont have kids.

good advice op

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I have had sex with something not a computer and produced multiple children via a woman that I married ages ago and now these children want feeding and Minecraft and sleeping and Among Us well done me

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my youngest daughter likes to make electrical circuits and I sometimes worry that she will do,show burn the house down or have no friends in high school.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

my youngest daughter likes to make electrical circuits and I sometimes worry that she will do,show burn the house down or have no friends in high school.

So far my nephew has only managed to complete electrical circuits. Sounds like she's ahead of the curve.

You checked out all the cool poo poo on adafruit?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I'm doing parenting with cheat mode on because my wife is doing like all the night feeding while I sleep with earplugs in. babby is pretty chill though so far.

otoh she is on maternity leave and I'm working posting full time and doing all the shopping and cooking so maybe we're even somehow

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I can already easily see myself going from pre-child "it's terrible how kids these days have tablets and are just on them all the time" to "oh my god here's a screen just go watch whatever daddy's tired"

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
wife and I have a 16-month old, it's amazing and has changed me for the better

I just wish I hadn't waited until I was in my mid thirties to do it

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

"oh my god here's a screen just go watch whatever daddy's tired"
Then you get sadbrains about it, it owns.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

evil_bunnY posted:

Then you get sadbrains about it, it owns.

hell yeah

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

not having kids until i'm in my late 30s and only if I can afford childcare

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i have a cat

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

SYSV Fanfic posted:

So far my nephew has only managed to complete electrical circuits. Sounds like she's ahead of the curve.

You checked out all the cool poo poo on adafruit?

she’s almost 9 and her favourite thing is making a basic circuit that makes a fan spin. she also likes to ask her sister to put her hand next to the fan then completes the circuit causing said fan to hit sister.

I shall now go and look at said good poo poo on adafruit.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I shall now go and look at said good poo poo on adafruit.
SO IT BEGINS

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Bored Online posted:

i have a cat

Same, I have a large adult son.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I can already easily see myself going from pre-child "it's terrible how kids these days have tablets and are just on them all the time" to "oh my god here's a screen just go watch whatever daddy's tired"

the tablets thing is whatever, the real problem is the tv

when you punish them by turning off the tv what you are actually doing is punishing yourself

when you turn on the tv to watch despicable me 3 for the 999th time you are also punishing yourself, but in a different way

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

despicable me 2 was okay, but they really jumped the shark with DM3. a twin brother? c’mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Poopernickel posted:

I just wish I hadn't waited until I was in my mid thirties to do it

what's up mid 30s dad? actually it's good because my friends had them a couple of years in advance so a) we got to extend our 20s into our 30s with respect to irresponsible levels of drinking and b) we've been given poo poo loads of baby clothes and useful stuff, like who knew babies need a special bath? Not this guy!