Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Probably Magic posted:

what the gently caress is this michigan-wisconsin game

Wisconsin's center got foul-autobenched early, but Dickenson basically did nothing early. Then, Michigan went on a 41-6 run and it wasn't bullshit either. Michigan was averaging something stupid like a block a minute.

Game's going to end in the 20s, but it was 40 midway through the second half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MourningView posted:

I do so thank you for this

At least someone's having fun.

Also, obligatory gently caress duke.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lmao Sharife is so good

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue hit 7-9 from 3, but only up 4 at the half because of absolutely brain-dead turnovers.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

My Hulu feed so far behind, but I can't resist checking the box score. Good news is the future is going to pretty nice for a while at least.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
wisconsin/rutgers is predictably a war crime

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
wonder if cuonzo martin has ever thought of recruiting players who don't turn it over 20 times a game

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
If you like offense, UK-Auburn is not the game for you. Cats up 11-8 at the under 8 timeout.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

If you like offense, UK-Auburn is not the game for you. Cats up 11-8 at the under 8 timeout.

Michigan has more turnovers than field goals at halftime, so might I interest you in Minnesota-Michigan?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
jesus christ how did liam robbins ever wind up at loving drake

Anyway this game makes me feel a lot better about Iowa relative to Michigan. Not that I think we are way better or anything but for a little bit there it seemed like Michigan could run away with the conference

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 16, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MourningView posted:

Anyway this game makes me feel a lot better about Iowa relative to Michigan. Not that I think we are way better or anything but for a little bit there it seemed like Michigan could run away with the conference

I don't know how much of the game is Michigan playing like hot garbo and how much of it is because Eli Brooks is out. That led to weirdo lineups with a 1, a 3, two backup 4s, and a 5. Michigan's backcourt is likely sketchier than everyone thought.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

I don't know how much of the game is Michigan playing like hot garbo and how much of it is because Eli Brooks is out. That led to weirdo lineups with a 1, a 3, two backup 4s, and a 5. Michigan's backcourt is likely sketchier than everyone thought.

Brooks is grading out as the best defender in the Big Ten. He should be back by next game.

It also helps ground the team a bit. Rather lose now than in March.

They are still a top 5 team.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 16, 2021

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Obligatory gently caress Kentucky

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

facialimpediment posted:

you lost by 20! But also Iowa is a top 3 KenPom team me thinking they might be slightly better doesn't mean I think michigan is bad or something

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

you lost by 20! But also Iowa is a top 3 KenPom team me thinking they might be slightly better doesn't mean I think michigan is bad or something

Michigan dropped to #5 after the game, Iowa may be better but we’ll see when they play.

Iowa, Michigan, Texas, and Nova are in that second tier of teams behind Gonzaga and Baylor.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

UVA doing unholy things to Clemson. 31-7 near the end of the first half.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Ungratek posted:

UVA doing unholy things to Clemson. 31-7 near the end of the first half.

Gotta say, I was not expecting that.

Singlehandedly put UVA back in the Kenpom top 10, from 15 or so to 7 now.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Hi, yes hello. I’ve been informed that I needed to mosey over here and inform you all

roll tide bicth

I know gently caress all about basketball but I do enjoy a good bandwagon.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Warbird posted:

Hi, yes hello. I’ve been informed that I needed to mosey over here and inform you all

roll tide bicth

I know gently caress all about basketball but I do enjoy a good bandwagon.

:negative: this years Arkansas team may be the highest Expectation -> Reality let down I have had since the football hogs had Petrino crash his motorcycle. This is *rough* to watch, never seen a team refuse to make wide open looks at this level

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Please advise the teams and fan bases I should hate in descending order of the sheer revulsion that they dare even exist.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Warbird posted:

Please advise the teams and fan bases I should hate in descending order of the sheer revulsion that they dare even exist.

1. Duke
2. Kentucky
3. North Carolina
4. Kansas
5. UCLA

these are not coincidentally the best programs all time though. I personally would put Kentucky #1 especially in light of their fans currently advocating for defunding the university because they kneeled.

edit: non blue bloods you should hate include Maryland and West Virginia

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

kiimo posted:

1. Duke
2. Kentucky
3. North Carolina
4. Kansas
5. UCLA

these are not coincidentally the best programs all time though. I personally would put Kentucky #1 especially in light of their fans currently advocating for defunding the university because they kneeled.

edit: non blue bloods you should hate include Maryland and West Virginia

Our fans are loving stupid sometimes. And it's not just fans, it's a county government making it an official request to the state government, and it deserves all the ridicule it gets.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
iowa's lovely defense fixed bouie

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Man there's really nothing like the Iowa offense when they get humming. Incredible ball movement and shooting and then if that breaks down you just dump it into the best player in the country in the post and let him flip something crazy in. Northwestern looked pretty good early and then the starters just buried them coming out of halftime.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 17, 2021

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Purdue and Penn St are a combined 0 of 21 from three so far.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So do they just play games whenever? I saw that some randos are playing right now and not Saturday night like the lord intended.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
mizzou is wrecking south carolina, 10-0 after 3 minutes and it's all been at the rim

frank martin looks terrifying as an all bald guy

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 20, 2021

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

JADEN IVEY

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/1351707329377419264

He's been bad from 3 all year, in this game, didn't care. 4 in a row for Purdue, 3 on the road.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Boiler Up

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Indeed. Big win, especially since they just played Sunday. A little marred because OSU is down their two main point guards, but this same lineup beat Illinois at Illinois Saturday.

In other news: Trevion!

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/1351702515243315202

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckk Duke

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wait that davison fucker is still at wisconsin???

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
:suicide:

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

If there's nothing else on you should watch Sharife Cooper doing Sharife Cooper things on the SEC network. He's a prodigy at the point, playing his fourth game of the season.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Boy I wish Arkansas would stop this jekyl and Hyde crap where we shoot under 20% and then play well, and then shoot bad and then play well

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

wait that davison fucker is still at wisconsin???

they literally have an older starting lineup than the bulls and he is their youngest starter. it's gross

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I don’t know if it’s funnier if everyone would return for their pandemic redshirt or only Davison.

Edit: neither option is as funny as Anderson, Potter and Trice each currently working on a Masters of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis.

Coco13 fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 21, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
trice is going to be like 25 by the time the tournament ends lol he's older than I was when I graduated from law school

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 21, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
iowa is winning but they look like complete dogshit.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This is a really bad loss if it holds, Indiana sucks. Just an awful shooting night.

e: yep completely dogshit performance

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 22, 2021