Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

A couple years ago here in Canada, Trump's scene was cut for time on a TV airing (the channel gets government funding) and people called for that channel to be defunded lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gutcruncher posted:

“We should edit art 25 years later as opinions change” is still bullshit whether it’s a pointless cameo in a disposable comedy or a major scene in a timeless classic.

Actually more stupid cultural bullshit should be chaotically defaced by the very forces that gave them birth as a symptom of their desperate struggle to maintain the legitimacy of the status quo during the accelerating death spiral of capitalism, it's cool, it's hilarious, and more artistic and poignant than the worthless, fetid media commodities they are trying to purge ever could hope to be.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 17, 2021

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

jesus loving christ

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I think the Home Alone 2 thing started as Trump supporters freaking out because someone claimed he had been edited out of it, but it turned out to just be the broadcast version in Canada where it was probably done to fit the film to standard TV scheduling.

So I'll get a chuckle out of it if they replace or edit him out because it will be a funny bit of irony that the constant whining and self-victimization made it happen.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I can't imagine being this enthusiastic about anything, much less Disney.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Tip posted:

I think the Home Alone 2 thing started as Trump supporters freaking out because someone claimed he had been edited out of it, but it turned out to just be the broadcast version in Canada where it was probably done to fit the film to standard TV scheduling.

So I'll get a chuckle out of it if they replace or edit him out because it will be a funny bit of irony that the constant whining and self-victimization made it happen.

It was 100% this.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

mallratcal posted:

A couple years ago here in Canada, Trump's scene was cut for time on a TV airing (the channel gets government funding) and people called for that channel to be defunded lol.

Wait, Canadians flipping out? Besides how dumb it is since clearly that’s an obvious shot to cut out for time in a TV broadcast, there are Canadians that are that into Trump? Whaaaat!?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I mean, I wasted money on some dumb poo poo but holy moly Disneyland Year Pass? I know some friends that traveled overseas for multiple trips there in the span of couple of years but Jaysus H Christ @ that.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yes we have stupid people too

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Gutcruncher posted:

Wait, Canadians flipping out? Besides how dumb it is since clearly that’s an obvious shot to cut out for time in a TV broadcast, there are Canadians that are that into Trump? Whaaaat!?

I know one. she thinks covid is an international plot to institute the new world order.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Gutcruncher posted:

There are a shocking amount of Trump supporters here.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/shdwbxng/status/1350138445264523267?s=20

lol

Also I finished Highlander and holy gently caress that movie rules so hard I can’t believe I’ve never seen it until now, that ending sequence just loving whips the llama’s rear end

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Galewolf posted:

I mean, I wasted money on some dumb poo poo but holy moly Disneyland Year Pass? I know some friends that traveled overseas for multiple trips in the span of couple of years but Jaysus H Christ @ that.

Disneyland is right in the middle of a city. Most of the people who go to the park and those who get annual passes people are locals. The passes for CA residents can be a good deal even if you just go few times a year.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

mallratcal posted:

There are a shocking amount of Trump supporters here.

I don't think we're at the "storming political places in freeper LARP" level, but we have some weird right-ish guys and some guys who like Trump. I remember the night of the election seeing a tall skinny white dude wearing a maga hat in the subway, and just the other day I saw a weird lone car driving down the street with two "CANADIANS FOR TRUMP" flags flying from the top.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Disneyland is right in the middle of a city. Most of the people who go to the park and those who get annual passes people are locals. The passes for CA residents can be a good deal even if you just go few times a year.

Be that as it may, isn't it a tourist trap in the first place. What's the benefit of going there more than once or, hell, twice.

If you have children,it might be a good (?) thing but I am trying hard to come up with a reason for an adult going there multiple times a year.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

Also I finished Highlander and holy gently caress that movie rules so hard I can’t believe I’ve never seen it until now, that ending sequence just loving whips the llama’s rear end

Just remember that no sequels/extended universe exists.

piratepilates posted:

I don't think we're at the "storming political places in freeper LARP" level, but we have some weird right-ish guys and some guys who like Trump. I remember the night of the election seeing a tall skinny white dude wearing a maga hat in the subway, and just the other day I saw a weird lone car driving down the street with two "CANADIANS FOR TRUMP" flags flying from the top.

The infection rate is higher out here in the west.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

13Pandora13 posted:

How? California has been closed for almost a year and FL was closed for months with really restricted ticket access since.

FL, and I think Universal and the other trash parks in Orlando that sprung up around Disney have all been varying levels of open.

She hits up the group chat with reports of people not following social distancing and it's like "motherfucker you are at a theme park don't tell me about how mad you got at someone not respecting the rules when you went to a loving theme park during a pandemic"

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Galewolf posted:

Be that as it may, isn't it a tourist trap in the first place. What's the benefit of going there more than once or, hell, twice.

If you have children,it might be a good (?) thing but I am trying hard to come up with a reason for an adult going there multiple times a year.

I wouldn't call it a tourist trap. It's literally one of the best theme parks in the world. It's the one the rest are all modeled after. Some people really enjoy those things and if you're local, it can be a fun thing to do through out the year. There's always seasonal things going on to get you coming back.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

Galewolf posted:

some people enjoy things

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
^Janinishly, "WE GOT ONE!'^

Galewolf posted:

Perverts and weirdos, op. They had to put in the "no adult costumes" rule because old nerds would monopolize the actors time for their own private larp.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Perverts and weirdos, op. They had to put in the "no adult costumes" rule because old nerds would monopolize the actors time for their own private larp.

Sounds like that would save some money just having them do it instead of the actors

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

luchajones posted:

Sounds like that would save some money just having them do it instead of the actors

Mommy, why is Goofy humping my leg?

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Mommy, why is Goofy humping my leg?

Sounds right? Goofy is a dog, isnt he?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

They had to put in the "no adult costumes" rule because old nerds would monopolize the actors time for their own private larp.

I thought they did it so people wouldn't think they were employees.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey you know what movie also rules?

Virtuosity.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

The Long Kiss Goodnight

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Taintrunner posted:

Kung Pow

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
whens that Kung Pow sequel coming out?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

Clue.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Taintrunner posted:

Cheech and Chongs Up In Smoke

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Raskolnikov38 posted:

put him over greedo and redo macluky to "mcculkin"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

lol Mark Hammill is not a fan of the sequel trilogy

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1350556806548865024?s=20

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

So grateful that the last time you ever see my character you’re feeling immense amounts of second hand embarrassment for everyone involved

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Gripweed posted:

lol Mark Hammill is not a fan of the sequel trilogy

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1350556806548865024?s=20

It really hurt him Hamill in a personal way that Rian turned Luke into a pathetic old failure in TLJ without even any real payoff in the story. It was also a huge self-own for the Star Wars brand. I expect that we’re going to see more of young Luke and Disney distancing itself further from the ST.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 17, 2021

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I felt feelings when he disappeared at the end of tlj. I also realize now that I don't like star wars anymore. Been watching star trek voyager lately, this is great!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now I’m watching Blown Away with Jeff Bridges and Tommy Lee Jones and what the gently caress are these Irish accents lmao

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Saw The Blob for the first time after I watched the review. Really solid movie, kept my attention the whole time. Great pacing. It only got goofy during the Resident Evil boss battle scenes. RLM spoiled half of the gags but the rest still made my laugh. A++ would recommend.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The end of the theater scene where she rolled over the body and the other half was melting was a great moment.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Watched about half of Season 3 of Disenchantment, and it's much worse than the first two. There are barely any jokes, and the plot's just a series of things that happen not really connected to each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I disagree, they make jokes. They're just so incredibly unfunny they're not immediately recognizable as jokes.