Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Madara is actually on screen and fighting Naruto? Just how many Shippuden episodes did i skip assuming it was more filler stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gokaiger finally premieres tonight after Monster!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9MQLhV2u2E
English dub trailer for the Demon Slayer movie. Still no actual date as to when it is coming out in America other than "early 2021."

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Attack on Titan - We cut to a completely new set of characters to watch the final battle of a war between Marley & Not the Ottoman Empire, in which Marley uses mass-deployed titans to just barely beat out turn-of-the-century howitzers and naval artillery.

Fire Force- We got high as balls while listening to King Crimson, and then Monty Mole led us to the secret location of the Kiln of the Second Flame, which is like 2 different contradictions to the officially-established setting lore.

Assassination Classroom - We mopped the goddamned floor with those dipshits from A Class on the semester finals, so now we get to take our best crack yet at Lemonhead, AND a sweet island vacation! Sure hope there aren't any skeevy-rear end motherfuckers making insidious plots against us from the shadows!

S4 GRIDMAN STARTS TONIGHT AT 0230

It has been 3 weeks since Cowboy Bebop was last on Toonami

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
SAO: Kirito came back and turned the bad guy into a tree like Josuke did to Angelo in part 4. Then he started flying because he's Neo now and he and Asuna took off to save Alice right at the most narratively convenient time. Also the bad guys flipped the time acceleration switch using the brilliant tactic of shooting the console, so now we only have 5 minutes to get off Namek 10 minutes to log off or otherwise we'll be stuck in the game for hundreds of years. I know what you're thinking, "just suicide", right? Wrong.... well, no, not wrong, every other player can die with no consequence or just stand around until the system automatically logs them out before the time acceleration starts, but Kirito and Asuna can't because otherwise there wouldn't really be stakes here and no one's life would be on the line this entire section of plot is incredibly stupid even by normal SAO standards.

Apropos of nothing, do you find it annoying when an anime OP shows you a fight happening that never happens in the show? This season, SAO is not one of those shows.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 16, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Should note that evil father and son make up in the manga in the only way they really could. (It sadly does not happen this way in the anime)

The Principal and his son bond by talking about how much money they're going to make by suing each other. Ending the scene by telling Gakushuu that they'll go file their complaints together, and them walking off happily.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Here we go.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Goku is just pacing himself even though this whole battle only takes place over 45 minutes.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Goku is just pacing himself even though this whole battle only takes place over 45 minutes.
Celestial video editing is a crazy thing.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Wow, Gridman's getting the premium time slot

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WORTHI

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dangerous Person posted:

Wow, Gridman's getting the premium time slot

It'll probably jump into SAO's once that wraps

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

You guys are still hosed once someone comes up with strategic bombing, you do realize that, right? Like, regardless of whether or not you have all 9 ubertitans, you're still gonna eat poo poo.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
... Is that the first time that's come up?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

OP SUUUUUUCKS

GIVE US LINKED HORIZON

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Still no Linked Horizon

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Zeke/the Beast Titan being revealed as Eren's half-brother is giving me strong Fullmetal Alchemist '03 vibes only worse

e: god this OP blows so hard

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Erin is probably only like a few weeks, maybe a month, further away from his fuse's end than these guys.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Argus Zant posted:

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Erin is probably only like a few weeks, maybe a month, further away from his fuse's end than these guys.

No I think he's got a few years. That said he definitely is still on a short clock.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

You sent 32 motherfucking ships out? 32? What the gently caress made you think anything after ship #2 was gonna end any motherfucking better? How motherfucking stupid are you loving people?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, Ymir's dead.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

rip ymir, joined up with these assholes and died offscreen for her trouble

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Argus Zant posted:

You sent 32 motherfucking ships out? 32? What the gently caress made you think anything after ship #2 was gonna end any motherfucking better? How motherfucking stupid are you loving people?

Some ships nearly shot the Armored Titan and Beast Titan to death.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Yeah, you guys are staring straight down the barrel of a bigass ethnic cleansing campaign, not gonna lie.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, Ymir's dead.

I thought only the special titans had a timer on them and/or were ritually killed? So did she get killed? Or was she actually special, she sure seemed pretty normal.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This girl is the Cart Titan.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

WHY ARE WE WATCHING ANY OF THIS poo poo???

WHY SHOULD I GIVE A gently caress ABOUT ANY OF THESE PEOPLE?????

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

TwoPair posted:

I thought only the special titans had a timer on them and/or were ritually killed? So did she get killed? Or was she actually special, she sure seemed pretty normal.

They killed her to give her Titan to someone else, it's one of the ones we saw last episode

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

TwoPair posted:

She WAS a special titan. Executed by Marley via being fed to a titan in order to re-take her powers. Very sad, and also very stupid.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

TwoPair posted:

Hers was special, she got fed to someone to take back that titan power.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
God Marley sucks

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Argus Zant posted:

She WAS a special titan. Executed by Marley via being fed to a titan in order to re-take her powers. Very sad, and also very stupid.

Huh, her titan form seemed pretty bland and generic as opposed to poo poo like the Colossal/Armored/Beast ones. But yeah, quite sad.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

Huh, her titan form seemed pretty bland and generic as opposed to poo poo like the Colossal/Armored/Beast ones. But yeah, quite sad.

It's small and mobile, with strong jaws.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

TwoPair posted:

Zeke/the Beast Titan being revealed as Eren's half-brother is giving me strong Fullmetal Alchemist '03 vibes only worse

I REALLY hope we get some backstory into how Zeke became the sorry genocidal fuckup of a man he is now.

Just not here, in these episodes. This poo poo is boring as gently caress

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

TwoPair posted:

No other titan jumped as well as she did during the tower siege, also was stupid maneuverable in the forest trees.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I think it might have been that hunchbacked one with an entire artillery battery strapped to its back in the previous episode.

e: which I think would also make it the one that was hauling the box of fruit snacks during the siege episodes in the previous season

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

quote:

The Jaw Titan is an assault unit. Its small size makes it the swiftest of all. Its powerful claws and jaws can crush just about anything.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Argus Zant posted:

I think it might have been that hunchbacked one with an entire artillery battery strapped to its back in the previous episode.

No that's the Cart Titan.

quote:

The Cart Titan, with its unusually high endurance, is well suited to long missions. This allows us to equip it with armaments, expanding the variety of tactics at our disposal.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Again, I say to you

gently caress Gabi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I. M. Gei posted:

I REALLY hope we get some backstory into how Zeke became the sorry genocidal fuckup of a man he is now.

Just not here, in these episodes. This poo poo is boring as gently caress

We got all of Zeke's backstory last season. Including the stuff about him also being Grisha's kid.