Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Wouldn't stop pointing out historical anachronisms at the Post-Atomic Horror Festival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
apparently telling the vulcan officer to "crank off and get over it" during pon farr is "insensitive"

thanks Manifisto!

BoldFrankensteinMir

They ID'd me in the riot footage by my "All Hail Kahn Noonien Singh" tattoo.

Sig by Heather Papps

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Told the court martial I was just trying to get a plumber rump to get my [redacted redacted redacted] every night, but they still convicted!

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 16, 2021

more falafel please

forums poster

my "michael eddington was right" pin prompted a lot of questions that were already answered by my pin

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Everyone at the academy thought my Traditional Satan Who Wants to Take Over the Universe holodeck program was awesome but they let total rubes use the holodeck on a star-ship, you know that? Any idiot can just waltz in, disable all safeties for god-knows-what reason, and ruin someone else's career. Nightmare.

Sig by Heather Papps

Filthy Hans

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I hosed a tribble

now I know that sounds bad out of context, but

edit: lol how did I get that tremendous dickhead sig at the bottom of my posts

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
i drank odo

thanks Manifisto!

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Apparently I caused a diplomatic incident when all I said was that I respect species all have different creeds and customs but that one planet where they have the death penalty for all crimes including walking on the grass is run by a bunch of fascist fuckwits who need to get laid.

Bright Bart

Streaked naked through the bridge while the captain was negotiating an important trade deal with a newly discovered species.

BoldFrankensteinMir

I brought up that one time we figured out warp travel was destroying the universe. Fine, just ignore the problem completely, great ecological message there, Ranger Rick.

biosterous

Filthy Hans posted:

edit: lol how did I get that tremendous dickhead sig at the bottom of my posts

i think that's the default if you have sigs on but haven't put anything there

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

alexandriao

i designed the new turbolift shafts :ohdear:

alexandriao

Bright Bart posted:

Told the court martial I was just just trying to get a plumber rump to get my [redacted redacted redacted ] every night, but they still convicted!

jury if you think my dick is lit, surely you must acquit!!

BoldFrankensteinMir

I dared ask for an actual explanation of the ranks of Star Fleet, like what is there other than just Captain and Admiral and how does the chain of command really work, and they looked at me like I had just publicly sworn allegiance to Kronos. I swear I met a Major once but everybody says that's prehistoric nonsense???

Sig by Heather Papps

Bright Bart

Spent the entire warpdrive fuel budget for the month on avocado toast and caramel lattes.

Worth it.

Bright Bart

Screened Alien (1979) for the kids in the Officer's Mess and afterwards a lot of ensigns were afraid to leave their rooms.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Told a totally clean, respectful joke in 10 Forward, and even got a laugh! But something about "the Ferengi pop star's album went double latinum" was offensive to somebody and I got written up. Why even have an open mic night!?!?

Sig by Heather Papps

Bright Bart

Brought the commodore his hemorrhoid medication just as he was giving a tour to the Klingon ambassador.

BoldFrankensteinMir

I should have just let Guinan lecture me on human rights, but no, I had to go and ask her where she was actually from and why she thinks she knows so much about Earth social politics if she's from uncharted space, and oh man was that the wrong thing to say to the captain's favorite bartender...

Sig by Heather Papps

Bright Bart

Petted a cat while on a trade delegation to newly discovered planet but it was their emperor??

Give better background briefings next time!

BoldFrankensteinMir

I wasn't comfortable having a drunk liar run the machine that disassembles my atoms and I said so. Back to working at the vineyards for me I guess. What is it with all the booze in this supposedly synthahol-only federation???

Sig by Heather Papps

Bright Bart

I worked with the Fleet just after getting my engineering degree and let me tell you the whole organization is a mess.

Our ship launched two months late because a part we needed had to be bought from the lowest bidder even though they were in another dimension.

The captain fired the janitor after an argument over a poker game. Litter all over the corridors throughout our mission.

My boss was some jerk who called himself a "Project Manager" and knew nothing of what we did.

Some admiral's kid was an ensign and asked if 'we nerds' could make her butt look bigger in the videos for 'fans back home'.

Our pay was always late because the rules said the money has to be deposited in a bank at whatever star system were were in currently.

That warp drive? Looks nice enough. But then you learn the for-profit firms use ones two decades newer.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Piece of advice for new recruits: if you find a cool looking space lobster thing just phaser it. Yeah I know we're supposed to be seeking out new life but in general if it's a bug it's a bad guy. Humanoids are at least a 50/50 chance. Funny how Earth is all about equality now but the deeper we go into space the more we discover, two legs good six legs bad... like unerringly, it's nuts.

Sig by Heather Papps

Prurient Squid

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I dared ask for an actual explanation of the ranks of Star Fleet, like what is there other than just Captain and Admiral and how does the chain of command really work, and they looked at me like I had just publicly sworn allegiance to Kronos. I swear I met a Major once but everybody says that's prehistoric nonsense???

The woman with the nose ridges? don't tell her i said this but she used to be a terrorist. but keep it on the downlow.

Prurient Squid

Bright Bart posted:

Petted a cat while on a trade delegation to newly discovered planet but it was their emperor??

Give better background briefings next time!

lol

BoldFrankensteinMir

I seriously don't know, alright??? We were scanning rocks. ROCKS. Planet full of 'em. Gotta go down and scan the rocks. Easy.

So then there's this blurry kinda energy... thing, right? That lives on this stupid rock planet? And all of the sudden, like with NO warning, I'm talking to FDR. Franklin fuckin' Delano fuckin' Roosevelt. Got the little cigarette holder and the glasses, he's in the wheelchair with the blanket, what the gently caress, right? And there's this door, like a community theater prop, on this rock planet, and he gives this little speech, yada yada yada, we're in 1944 Paris. I'll spare you the gory details, but in the end it turns out Ensign Guy, that dude with the bowl haircut? Turns out he was gonna be some kinda future fascist leader and I don't know, the blur monster had to see which one of us it was and I answered all the trivia questions about the constitution right so it wasn't me and the commander shot some Nazis so it wasn't him I guess, and we're back with the rocks, and they beam us up...

I don't know! Okay!? I don't know why this keeps happening, I've met Mark Twain, Stephen Hawking and Willam F. Tricorder and I think at least one of them was the real guy but I just can't tell anymore. I'm sorry "Ensign Guy was gonna be a double-Hitler" isn't a good enough explanation for you, I'm sorry, but that's what happened, that's what keeps happening, gently caress this. gently caress this, man.

Sig by Heather Papps

Buttchocks

jammed ultra-low-band subspace radio frequencies with non-stop podcasting

Single and LOVING IT
The monkeys are coming. . .
Riker said it would be fine to invite Dr. Crusher to my PartyLite get-together in Ten Forward, and now I'm facing a general court martial, wtf

Jaguars!

Used bandwidth on a twitch stream during an emergency transporter evacuation.

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Mark Twain, Stephen Hawking and Willam F. Tricorder

Lol

Prurient Squid

Tried to slingshot round the orbit of a star to impress the ladies and got stuck in the sun! Help!

Prurient Squid

i asked "how do i get out of this chicken poo poo outfit?" and i was given UFP Form 24: Application to Transfer to the Civillian Service and i spent the morning filling it out. i get my discharge papers in a couple of weeks. sorry guys i'm not cut out for this, really.

Prof. Crocodile

I spoke up in a staff meeting to ask why the AI engineers keep making androids with blonde hair, pouty lips, and giant cans. Apparently that makes *me* the creepy one somehow.

BoldFrankensteinMir

A lady dignitary came onto the ship, and I thought there was a gas leak or a teleporter error or something because every time I looked at her everything was all smudgy and blurry. And of course in reporting it I make an rear end of myself because no, turns out she just wore brain-clouding perfume because she's old and now I've insulted her by calling attention to it. FML.

Sig by Heather Papps

Bright Bart

Asked for pineapple on my pizza at the cafeteria.

BoldFrankensteinMir

I drew a mustache on a Cheronian, with a sharpie and whiteout.

Sig by Heather Papps

Buttchocks

Installed truck nuts on the shuttlecraft, stirring confusion and concern among the alien crew that have internal genitalia

Bright Bart

The USS Enterprise might not "roll coal" now, but it sure did for one fine day when I was chief engineer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

I drew a mustache on a Cheronian, with a sharpie and whiteout.

Buttchocks posted:

Installed truck nuts on the shuttlecraft, stirring confusion and concern among the alien crew that have internal genitalia

Bright Bart posted:

The USS Enterprise might not "roll coal" now, but it sure did for one fine day when I was chief engineer.