Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

swickles posted:

They have been pretty good about splitting up time, so I imagine next episode will be Amos and maybe some Drummer thrown in. Fully expect at least one group to end up with another by episodes end.

Yeah they had six subplots going before, tycho/roci, drummer’s fleet, marco’s fleet, alex and bobby on the razorback, amos on earth, and avaserala on luna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Centrist Committee posted:

Yeah they had six subplots going before, tycho/roci, drummer’s fleet, marco’s fleet, alex and bobby on the razorback, amos on earth, and avaserala on luna

They are just finishing their side quests and loyalty missions before going the last big suicide mission

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

So is the guy who’s piloting the Roci now, Fred’s assistant dude, is that going to be the new Alex? I’m ok with that. I wonder how they’re going to get rid of Alex.

I was hoping it was gonna be that chirpy chief engineer on Tycho. Before....uh....yeah.....

Question: she kept calling Holden "dusiwalla", first as a term of endearment, and then as an insult, and I can't figure out what it means. Walla is lover (as in, wellwalla - someone obssessed with the gravity well) but I've no idea about dusi. I'm assuming it's earther or something.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I was hoping it was gonna be that chirpy chief engineer on Tycho. Before....uh....yeah.....

Question: she kept calling Holden "dusiwalla", first as a term of endearment, and then as an insult, and I can't figure out what it means. Walla is lover (as in, wellwalla - someone obssessed with the gravity well) but I've no idea about dusi. I'm assuming it's earther or something.

Looks like Tycho Station has lots of new job openings after the last few episodes....

Like a needing a Principle Staff Breaker of James Holden's Balls.

The Fred Johnson roasts of Holden were some of the funnier bits from the earlier season.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Wala is more like "person", not "lover". It's from the Hindi word that means "one who does". Welwala means "one from the gravity well" essentially.

Dusiwala means "sweetie", so Dusi is probably supposed to sound like dulce, which means sweet.

https://twitter.com/bahiawatson/status/1347258019776782337?s=21

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Dusiwala means "person who counts blue cars" obviously

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Dusiwala clearly means "person who tilts at windmills." :colbert:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I started skipping past the Marco scenes because I can't stand how the actor whisper/grunts all his lines.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mu Zeta posted:

I started skipping past the Marco scenes because I can't stand how the actor whisper/grunts all his lines.

So you're just gonna miss a lot of the story then? How does watching TV like this work

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mu Zeta posted:

Ok, don't bother asking what happened if you miss something then.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I saw a guy complaining that Marco wears too much eye makeup on a friend's FB wall. I asked him why he thinks heavy kohl works for Drummer and not for Marco. MIND B L O W N

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Kesper North posted:

I saw a guy complaining that Marco wears too much eye makeup on a friend's FB wall. I asked him why he thinks heavy kohl works for Drummer and not for Marco. MIND B L O W N

As far as I can tell, the actor just has naturally super-thick eyelashes

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

pik_d posted:

So you're just gonna miss a lot of the story then? How does watching TV like this work

I just read a recap after. I just really don't like his acting.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Mu Zeta posted:

Jesus Christ, that’s really how you go through life, isn’t it?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's not really like Marco is a deep and complicated character. He's like sideshow bob screaming vendetta at a picture of Earth

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Well we'll be done with him soon enough and we can move onto a better villain next season.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

pik_d posted:

Wala is more like "person", not "lover". It's from the Hindi word that means "one who does". Welwala means "one from the gravity well" essentially.

Dusiwala means "sweetie", so Dusi is probably supposed to sound like dulce, which means sweet.

https://twitter.com/bahiawatson/status/1347258019776782337?s=21

Ahhhh, I like it. Thanks!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Earth and Mars the villains when?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

This is absolutely bizarre. Imagine not just sitting through a few minutes of the story you're watching because of an accent and instead missing massive parts of that story. Wild.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Marco is the best.

I can't get enough of how much the actor hams it up. I wish he had a moustache to twirl.

One thing I don't like is utility straps that he hooks his thumbs behind. It takes away from his sense of danger. Much prefer it if he put his hands behind his back or something.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I didn't like Marco in s4 or early in the season but now that he's got something to do other than monologue he's all right

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

I didn't like Marco in s4 or early in the season but now that he's got something to do other than monologue he's all right

I'd say the impact from the most episode at least to me had more weight than his cardboard cut-out evil antagonist speeches....

Like how he was able to catch on that Filip was turning sympathetic to his mother but then used the whole "hero worship" bit to get back control / convince Filip to do things like punch his own mom in the face. Or Naomi finding out that main reason she wasn't able to find Filip was because Marcos had successfully manipulated and turned one her closest Belter friends against her behind her back.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I love Marcos actor

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thom12255 posted:

I love Marcos actor

His characters looks and acts like a telenovela manipulative villain character + it's incredible...

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Blind Rasputin posted:

Earth and Mars the villains when?

Since S1E1? The show introduced Avasarala by having her torture the poo poo out of a dude in a UN blacksite

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Earth seems a little too hosed right now to be a big villain but Martian Gladio is obviously being set up as the badguys for the next season

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crazycryodude posted:

Since S1E1? The show introduced Avasarala by having her torture the poo poo out of a dude in a UN blacksite

Also how the more recent seasons show she can be a hilariously incompetent leader in other situations.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

etalian posted:

Also how the more recent seasons show she can be a hilariously incompetent leader in other situations.

I'd say you're not being harsh enough - she's flat out not a leader. She's a puppetmaster. A very good puppetmaster.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
Shohreh Aghdashloo is a national treasure

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I'd say you're not being harsh enough - she's flat out not a leader. She's a puppetmaster. A very good puppetmaster.

I was gonna contest the leader comment until you said this, but I think that's a pretty apt way to describe it. She's extremely competent, above and beyond really, when she gets the resources she needs and people do as she tells them, but we've seen more than a few times at this point that when she gets pushback she doesn't have anything close to the chops of someone like Fred, Dawes, or even Holden at rallying people to her plan without manipulation or intimidation.

I think she's gonna do just fine with drone man as the figurehead, though.

eta:

Typo posted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Which means she's only middle management material similar to what Darth Vader does in Star Wars.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Typo posted:

That voice

:vince:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really loved when the acting SG invited Avasarala to be on his cabinet, you could immediately see the gears start turning in her head.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Thom12255 posted:

I love Marcos actor

Same. The casting on this whole series has fuckin killed it. The only person they've cast who isn't exactly what I pictured is the recast of Arjun, and that's only because the perfectly cast Brian George was busy.

Drummer and Ashford are a lot different than their book versions but the TV versions are much better.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Grand Fromage posted:

Same. The casting on this whole series has fuckin killed it. The only person they've cast who isn't exactly what I pictured is the recast of Arjun, and that's only because the perfectly cast Brian George was busy.

Drummer and Ashford are a lot different than their book versions but the TV versions are much better.

Have they said that Brian George was busy? I never did hear why the recast him.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

PriorMarcus posted:

Have they said that Brian George was busy? I never did hear why the recast him.

Yep, Ty's said it a few times. He had other work and the schedules couldn't be reconciled so they had to recast.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

I really loved when the acting SG invited Avasarala to be on his cabinet, you could immediately see the gears start turning in her head.

Truly a Space Hillary like character....

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006

etalian posted:

Truly a Space Hillary like character....

Avasarala is a Neo Lib, but she's at least a little better than Hillary.

She'll torture, order assassination strikes, take credit from others, run a cynical campaign, etc, but at least she and her husband haven't (apparently) taken over a hundred million dollars in speaking fees from the big banks. And putting herself at grave physical risk to confront a corporate billionaire (Mao) and helping Bobbie uncover MCR clandestine action is stuff Hillary would never do.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Typo posted:

If you imagine her role here as her a few years before the Traveler arrives and Future Ware Cult becomes a thing, then she’s obviously being led to take these actions by her future self. The whole series makes a lot more sense that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Jesus just watched S05E04 and can I say that OPA are literally the worst?

"Boohoo we are so oppressed, so let's just kill billions, because that's what good guys do!"

I want to bitchslap everyone of these assholes (especially Filip and that stupid hacker girl on Tycho) and really hope they get crashed to dust :argh:

Chikimiki fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 19, 2021