Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I can't stop laughing at how stupid the mid-credits tease in Spider-Man: Miles Morales is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shirkelton posted:

I can't stop laughing at how stupid the mid-credits tease in Spider-Man: Miles Morales is.

Isn't it just the same tease as the end of the first game?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Isn't it just the same tease as the end of the first game?

It's slightly different, but yeah, basically.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
It occurs to me, since they were talked about earlier but I don't remember seeing it mentioned, but the Arkham games just released on GOG, as part of their current sale. $5 for the first three and $10 for Knight. They also have the Telltale Game and the Lego Batman games.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

catlord posted:

This is one part where Origins stands head and shoulders above Knight. I was pissed at Knight's Deathstroke fight. How could they mess that up that badly?

Rocksteady Exec 1: Okay so which of Batman's villains will we put into the game today?

Rocksteady Exec 2: Right. While this guy is technically a DC villain, he has fought Batman a few times. I say we put in Deathstroke.

Rocksteady Exec 1: Brilliant. He's got an arsenal of weapons and gadgets, he's an expert hand to hand combatant and he has the perfect motivation to be brought into this plot since he is a mercenary. We even have the perfect blueprint for how the fight works by copying the fight from Arkham Origins. Everyone agrees that was one of the best parts of that game.

Rocksteady Exec 2: Sure. But what if, instead of doing that, we just put him into a tank, make it unfun and generic as possible and just call it a day.

Rocksteady Exec 1: I like it. Hey wanna take this Sony money, buy some cocaine and pound nails into our dicks?

Rocksteady Exec 2: Hell yes!

Fin.

catlord posted:

It occurs to me, since they were talked about earlier but I don't remember seeing it mentioned, but the Arkham games just released on GOG, as part of their current sale. $5 for the first three and $10 for Knight. They also have the Telltale Game and the Lego Batman games.

Cool. I didn't know that the Telltale Batman games were still available. I downloaded them after the company went under and kept them on my PS4.
If I can still download them I won't have to copy them over to my PS5 for Christmas.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/1333546451142492161?s=19

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/McKelvie/status/1343595383734366216?s=20

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Deleted?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC it was some character designs for Miles Morales costumes.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

It was pretty obvious from the gameplay trailer, but "Gotham Knights co-op means it has 'entirely redesigned' combat from Arkham". Which... hm. Nothing they've said has made me turn around on my initial thoughts, namely that the story trailer got me super hyped and then the gameplay trailer basically killed it all. Maybe if we get a new gameplay trailer that doesn't look as rear end, but man, I'm tired of "and now we're co-op!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I love co-op gameplay, there was a pretty dark period in gaming in the 2000s where basically no game was co-op, even series that had traditionally always been.

Gotham Knights looks like garbage though.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I love co-op gameplay, there was a pretty dark period in gaming in the 2000s where basically no game was co-op, even series that had traditionally always been.

Gotham Knights looks like garbage though.

I remember that time, and frankly it's good those days are past. I always preferred single player, so it didn't bother me much, but now we have the opposite problem with games that were traditionally single player suddenly having co-op shoved in. To be fair, it's not as bad as when the trend started (Dead Space 3? Resident Evil 5 and 6?) but it still feels like them trying to get multiplayer money out of single player games to me.

Plus, as you say, it looks like garbage.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah it's not good when it's a transparent attempt to extend a single player game's lifespan with multiplayer "online challenges".

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I just want a good game where I can be Nightwing or Batgirl for most of the game.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Resident Evil 5 is great. :mad:

The Arkham Knights devs have said that the game is being balanced for single-player play as well, but I'm a little skeptical about that. The damage numbers that pop up when you're fighting enemies is enough to make me feel like the game is going to be a dragged out Games as Serve-like affair. I hope I'm wrong, because I'd love to play a whole game as Nightwing and Batgirl.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Skwirl posted:

I just want a good game where I can be Nightwing or Batgirl for most of the game.

This, basically. I love co-op games, but they do have to be fun.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SonicRulez posted:

I love [...] games, but they do have to be fun.

Scorching hot takes ITT

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

JordanKai posted:

Resident Evil 5 is great. :mad:

But a nightmare to try and play solo. RE6 tried to fix that by giving AI partners infinite ammo and health (I believe, the only time I remember a partner dying was when Helena got stuck on some zombies and got creamed by an ambulance), but it was still awful and I could not complete Chris's campaign with an AI Piers because he would not do the thing he needed to do when he needed to do it.

I hope Gotham Knights manages to make its combat good, but that gameplay video just looked so bad. I hope they release a new one soon, so we could see kinda where they were with their work, but those damage numbers and Batgirl doing a finisher and the guy getting back up because he had the tiniest sliver of health... I'm a little sceptical. Which is a shame since, as everyone else has said, the elevator pitch of being able to play the Batfamily is one I really want to be good.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

catlord posted:

But a nightmare to try and play solo. RE6 tried to fix that by giving AI partners infinite ammo and health (I believe, the only time I remember a partner dying was when Helena got stuck on some zombies and got creamed by an ambulance), but it was still awful and I could not complete Chris's campaign with an AI Piers because he would not do the thing he needed to do when he needed to do it.

I hope Gotham Knights manages to make its combat good, but that gameplay video just looked so bad. I hope they release a new one soon, so we could see kinda where they were with their work, but those damage numbers and Batgirl doing a finisher and the guy getting back up because he had the tiniest sliver of health... I'm a little sceptical. Which is a shame since, as everyone else has said, the elevator pitch of being able to play the Batfamily is one I really want to be good.

Yeah I couldn't handle RE5 when it first came out, but last year I used a trainer to give the partner infinite ammo and health and it was much more fun.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm the only person alive who never had issues with the AI in RE5. I beat it on every difficulty solo with no issues I felt were really not my fault.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Co-op games good, but what they've shown makes me think more like Melee Destiny than anything else, and almost nobody's doing Destiny well, specially not Destiny!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm the only person alive who never had issues with the AI in RE5. I beat it on every difficulty solo with no issues I felt were really not my fault.

I just got tired of the repetitive audio responses and prompts. Game would have better if it had made the co-op optional. I wound up just using my partner as an item mule but I remember some parts when I was trying to go sniper or semi stealth she'd gently caress up my plan by engaging or running somewhere I didn't want her.

I can't think of the last game with an AI controlled partner that really added to my experience.

Speaking of Arkham Knights, why not just set up the levels and the areas to where you can pick the character you want from the batcave and then go kick rear end according to your play style? Have SOME puzzles or areas where you totally NEED Nightwing or whoever abutnd have it so each area has poo poo that only ONE character can solve or access? Or, better yet, one character works thru obstacle/puzzle/area number 1 or unlocks/raises/disables something and then another comes in and finishes the solution?

Forced op is never really fun IMO. Especially online unless you're with a group you know.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Vince MechMahon posted:

Don't take me saying I couldn't handle it as anything - RE5 was mostly a shooter and I am God awful at shooters. I'm OCD so I loving love puzzles and patterns in RE1 and 2 but once timing and aiming comes into play I'm terrible

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

MorningMoon posted:

Co-op games good, but what they've shown makes me think more like Melee Destiny than anything else, and almost nobody's doing Destiny well, specially not Destiny!

As someone who plays a ton of Destiny, when I think of "melee Destiny" I think that Ghost of Tsushima Legends is pretty good

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1363679490912776192

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm trying to kill Spider-Man but I'm dummy thicc and the clapping of my rear end cheeks keeps triggering his spider sense.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That’s giving me Butt Anxiety (shout out to the poo poo Kids Say thread)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay but how much of that is symbiote padding

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

Eddie works out, I'd like to think the only enhancement the suit's providing is making the booty shiny.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Eddie works out, I'd like to think the only enhancement the suit's providing is making the booty shiny.

Big Wet Sym-butts. Is that something?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Kraven the Hunter posted:

I thought I'd found a weak spot where there was less symbiote cover than the rest of the body, but my bullet just bounced off his glutes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
eddie kinda has the proportions of someone who skips leg day tho

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

eddie kinda has the proportions of someone who skips leg day tho

Well he did get big in the 90s...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Actual footage of Eddie's workout routine.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Must be some fanart out there of Spider-Man vs Venom where Spidey is mostly huge muscled legs and Venom is mostly huge muscled torso.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

Actual footage of Eddie's workout routine.

goddamn

no man can compete

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

site posted:

We know that the Venom symbiote takes on certain features of its host. It has the spider symbol and web-slinging abilities because of Peter Parker, and it got super jacked because of Eddie. So either Peter or Eddie had to be double-cheeked up in order for Venom to acquire that physiology.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

JordanKai posted:

So either Peter or Eddie had to be double-cheeked up in order for Venom to acquire that physiology.

In that case I think we all know where it came from

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

site posted:

In that case I think we all know where it came from

gonna steal/quote this for the funny panels thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

gonna steal/quote this for the funny panels thread

It's definitely been posted multiple times, but also definitely do it.