Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gaius Marius posted:

It wouldn't be worth the cost of installing one.
Pop-pop angry because the machine won't take blurry shots of Kaydien in little league and turn them into pristine photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Lol it's like every dumb motherfucker who tells me they're gonna go to sam's after I tell them we don't have x or offer y service. Like I give a poo poo dude we're making millions a day you think I care you can't get your loving cookie cake.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Orvin posted:

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-protein-bars-cookie-dough-and-chocolate-brownie-20-count%2C-2-pack.product.100655710.html

That is what we are talking about. The link has the new recipe, so the box is slightly different with the red stripe about nutrition change down the side. There is (or at least was) also a peanutbutter / cookies and cream combo box at the stores near me.
These are good, the peanut butter/cookies and cream ones both seem worst.

And yeah, the fitcrunch almost taste too candybar-like

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Virigoth posted:

Yeah but they let you take decent pictures and not be assholes about it.

I see you too might have experienced trying to get a passport photo at Walgreens/CVS?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Costco is in a death spiral, how can they afford to lose my $6 every ten years for a passport photo!?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Gaius Marius posted:

Lol it's like every dumb motherfucker who tells me they're gonna go to sam's after I tell them we don't have x or offer y service. Like I give a poo poo dude we're making millions a day you think I care you can't get your loving cookie cake.

:arghfist: :(

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Wish I had double checked here about the ramen because I got the A-Sha tainan noodles and they kinda suck. At least on their own. Maybe combined with a stir fry it’d be ok. Keep or return, hmm.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

priznat posted:

Wish I had double checked here about the ramen because I got the A-Sha tainan noodles and they kinda suck. At least on their own. Maybe combined with a stir fry it’d be ok. Keep or return, hmm.

Did you get the frozen wontons? I throw a handful in and it makes the noodles way better.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

SpartanIvy posted:

Did you get the frozen wontons? I throw a handful in and it makes the noodles way better.

Hmm, that would be interesting! These noodles are weird just because it’s not soupy like ramen I am used to. I was thinking of putting a gyoza or two in but didn’t feel like cooking those.

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

priznat posted:

Hmm, that would be interesting! These noodles are weird just because it’s not soupy like ramen I am used to. I was thinking of putting a gyoza or two in but didn’t feel like cooking those.

Sautéed greens and a fried egg are perfect with the noodles.

Also, extra hot sauce.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Goddammit, as a photographer, the ability to get same day, relatively good quality prints at cost was amazing and I’m going to miss it. The photo centers even had color accurate printer profiles for proofing prints before sending the files :(

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

gamera009 posted:

Sautéed greens and a fried egg are perfect with the noodles.

Also, extra hot sauce.

Yeah, I almost always end up adding something to instant noodles, usually a dash of this and that from my absurd sauce collection.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I finally found a Kirkland brand item I don't like and i'd recommend staying away: the organic peanut butter isn't very good. It has basically the same nutritional content as other peanut butters, so it's not even worth getting as a healthier alternative. It just has an odd taste.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Two giant tubs of extra crunchy Jif or go home.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

ShowTime posted:

I finally found a Kirkland brand item I don't like and i'd recommend staying away: the organic peanut butter isn't very good. It has basically the same nutritional content as other peanut butters, so it's not even worth getting as a healthier alternative. It just has an odd taste.

Huh? Its just peanuts and salt. The others have sugar and other preservatives added, I guess you just like sweeter peanut butter.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

ShowTime posted:

Yea no one in my house liked it. Guess it is Civil War Emergency Rations now. Smooth Jif all the way.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

schreibs posted:

Huh? Its just peanuts and salt. The others have sugar and other preservatives added, I guess you just like sweeter peanut butter.

Nah, I specifically avoid that stuff. It just has an odd flavor. Try it yourself.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

schreibs posted:

:hmmyes:

The best peanut butter is the crushed peanuts and a little bit of salt, two ingredients. No sugar, no oil. You better BELIEVE I'm judging these goons saying Jiff

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

ShowTime posted:

Nah, I specifically avoid that stuff. It just has an odd flavor. Try it yourself.

Maybe you got a weird batch? Tastes fine to me and my family

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Had the frozen detroit style pizza for dinner. Wasn't too bad, easy family dinner.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Fartington Butts posted:

I see you too might have experienced trying to get a passport photo at Walgreens/CVS?

Yeah. I’ve got 8 years to figure out a new place I guess. The church has betrayed me.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Has anyone ever bought one of the really big teddybears?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Asha noodles are a whole different thing than ramen, you’re gonna want to not have any broth on them when you serve em imo, and like, put something atop em.

You want soupy ramen, get the udon noodles if your Costco still has them, they are so loving good

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

rotinaj posted:

Asha noodles are a whole different thing than ramen, you’re gonna want to not have any broth on them when you serve em imo, and like, put something atop em.

You want soupy ramen, get the udon noodles if your Costco still has them, they are so loving good

I went in warned about needing to strain the asha noodles, and I must say I am a fan. I'm gonna put an egg and some green onions in next batch as it's more of a backing piece IMO.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Steve French posted:

Maybe you got a weird batch? Tastes fine to me and my family

I could have. I mean, it's peanut butter. It just has a flavor unlike any other peanut butter I've had before and I buy organic because I'm specifically avoiding ones that add sugar to it. I unfortunately won't buy it again. I'm also not combining it with anything. I just like a spoonful of it from time to time, so maybe that's why it tastes different to me. I usually go with chunky stuff, but they were out.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Has anyone ever bought one of the really big teddybears?

My neighbors bought one last fall. Was pretty funny seeing it strapped on top of their car, now it's kind of sad seeing it soak up rain beside their garage.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MrQueasy posted:

I went in warned about needing to strain the asha noodles, and I must say I am a fan. I'm gonna put an egg and some green onions in next batch as it's more of a backing piece IMO.

this dude knows what's up

serve like a chicken cutlet on em or whatever, theyd be perfect for that

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah I strained the noodles, I didn’t care for the sauce tho. And sometimes I just want to have a simple bowl of noodles with the soup without having to prep anything else if I’m feeling lazy, those tonkatsu nongshim ramens were good for this, totally fine with nothing extra.

Kind of a different style of noodles, I should have read the box beforehand I was expecting the soup noodle style. I did strain it etc at least!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
tonkotsu and tonkatsu are different words

confusingly, tonkotsu tonkatsu ramen is possible and not even that obscure

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

bob dobbs is dead posted:

tonkotsu and tonkatsu are different words

confusingly, tonkotsu tonkatsu ramen is possible and not even that obscure

let me know when buffalo buffalo buffalo ramen is available plz

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

SirPablo posted:

Had the frozen detroit style pizza for dinner. Wasn't too bad, easy family dinner.

Add some mushrooms and olives to it, it needs more toppings

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Oh, I forgot that I bought the big bucket of refrigerator pickles, too.

They may not be the "best pickles in the world" or whatever they claim, but they're certainly very good. Lots of garlic, and a good kind of sour. Wish they were spears instead of chips, but you can't win every battle.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

MrQueasy posted:

Oh, I forgot that I bought the big bucket of refrigerator pickles, too.

They may not be the "best pickles in the world" or whatever they claim, but they're certainly very good. Lots of garlic, and a good kind of sour. Wish they were spears instead of chips, but you can't win every battle.

I bought these too, I think, and they are spears. What brand did you buy? Are they Grillos? If not, you should look for that brand. What you've described is what I bought, including chunks of garlic in the brine. Floating dill as well. Really good pickles and i'll buy more for sure. Might even use the pickle juice for something.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

ShowTime posted:

I bought these too, I think, and they are spears. What brand did you buy? Are they Grillos? If not, you should look for that brand. What you've described is what I bought, including chunks of garlic in the brine. Floating dill as well. Really good pickles and i'll buy more for sure. Might even use the pickle juice for something.

Yeah, they're grillos, but Dill Chips. Maybe the spears were hiding or blended in. Too many people trying to stop close to me every time I stopped to look at something. Approaching walmart clientele obnoxiousness.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

KakerMix posted:

The best peanut butter is the crushed peanuts and a little bit of salt, two ingredients. No sugar, no oil. You better BELIEVE I'm judging these goons saying Jiff

The best peanut butter is Teddie old fashioned and our local Costco sells it in a two huge pack for less than the cost of one small jar at a local store. Probably doesn't have nationwide distribution since it's a local company.

How does Costco manage that stuff? Local company sells at local Costco, but not regionally or nationally?

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

The Slack Lagoon posted:

The best peanut butter is Teddie old fashioned and our local Costco sells it in a two huge pack for less than the cost of one small jar at a local store. Probably doesn't have nationwide distribution since it's a local company.

How does Costco manage that stuff? Local company sells at local Costco, but not regionally or nationally?

That happens. The head office can find products for certain warehouses that fit the demographics of the area, if it's a good enough deal for the company.

I don't remember what it was, but I remember looking up an item and seeing it was only sold in three warehouses in Illinois. Meanwhile in Minnesota we have things like local state honey, or Salsa Lisa (salsa from a St Paul company). Kimchi is only sold is something like 3-5 warehouses in Minnesota due to local demographics.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Do you shop in MA? There’s a Costco literally right by the Teddie factory, as in- you have to go through the same rotary to go to either of them (I’m not a huge Teddie fan myself, sorry :( )

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

Ok Comboomer posted:

Do you shop in MA? There’s a Costco literally right by the Teddie factory, as in- you have to go through the same rotary to go to either of them (I’m not a huge Teddie fan myself, sorry :( )

Hmmm, never realized that’s where the factory was. I knew they sold beer brewed down the street, I didn’t realize they could say the same about peanut butter.

Edit: now my wife’s calling me blind because I’ve never noticed the sign.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

fischtick posted:

Two giant tubs of extra crunchy Jif or go home.

They only have Skippy west of the Mississippi. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

EPICAC posted:

Hmmm, never realized that’s where the factory was. I knew they sold beer brewed down the street, I didn’t realize they could say the same about peanut butter.

Edit: now my wife’s calling me blind because I’ve never noticed the sign.

Also right by where Moderna HQ is, if I’m not mistaken. So you can honk at them if/when you get vaccinated.