Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://pitchfork.com/news/phil-spector-dead-at-80/

pitchfork.com posted:

Phil Spector, the “wall of sound” producer famous for his work in 1960s pop and rock music, has died, the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation has confirmed. In a post on their website, the CDCR wrote that Spector “was pronounced deceased of natural causes” yesterday (January 16), at an outside hospital. His official cause of death has not yet been confirmed. He was 81.

Spector was behind several pop singles in the early 1960s, including the Ronettes’ “Be My Baby,” the Righteous Brothers’ “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling,” and the Crystals’ “Da Doo Ron Ron.” By the 1970s, he earned a reputation as an eccentric who frequently carried guns. In 2003, Spector was arrested after actress Lana Clarkson’s dead body was found in his mansion. In 2009, he was found guilty of second-degree murder. Spector was in prison serving his 19-year sentence. He has resided in the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation since June 5, 2009.

Brian Wilson can finally rest - your nemesis is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Edward Mass posted:

Brian Wilson can finally rest - your nemesis is dead.

Spector wasn't really a nemesis for Wilson. He adored Spector musically.

There were complicated feelings at times. Spector more or less ignored Wilson when he was younger (Spector was only 2-3 years older) and there was a time in the late 1960s that Wilson felt that Spector was antagonizing him through a movie. Can't remember the film right off, but Wilson - who was rapidly coming mentally unglued - thought that Spector had some kind of influence over the film and had put a character named "Wilson" in there specifically to taunt him.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i bet its covid

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

How has no one said Phil Spectre yet

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Phil Spectre grave inspector

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Spector? He fuckin' killed 'er!

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWOyrDQaGG0

everything Spector put his hands on seems to take on a slightly sinister quality but this ones a jam for sure

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
The lizard people made him kill that lady. He took the fall, but then decided he wanted out of prison, so he was going to name a bunch of people associated with the "Clinton Crime Family" in exchange for his release.
But then he died of "natural" causes.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I like the part where he said his victim essentially shot herself and then a bunch of people came forward and were like "No, threatening people with firearms was 100% his thing all the time". Dude just liked threatening to shoot people.

Rest In Piss you weird murderous rapist.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Haha look at that dude’s hair, what a loving goofball.

Piece of poo poo goofball that is.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

hey cool

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Wall of Ground

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aJvIFK9-xk

Just like Ronnie said.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Paul McCartney finally got his revenge for Let It Be.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
To be fair, I mostly like the Wall of Sound, but yeahhhhh, this was probably a good thing.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

We finally got him!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
:)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nice voodoo doll spins, how'd you kill him

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
My dad was a huge fan of that era of music so I grew up listening to Spector-produced songs on his mixtapes whenever we were riding in dad’s car. The first time ever heard about his thing for carrying guns and waving them around to get his point across came from Guitar World’s retrospective on the Ramones. I think it was Joey who had enough of Phil’s poo poo and got to the point where he just bluntly told him, with a gun pointed at him point-blank, “gently caress off, Phil, I’m leaving. You want to shoot me? Then just loving shoot me.” And turned around and walked out of the studio never to return. Apparently Phil’s response to that was to just stand there with the gun in his hand in stunned silence.

Al Pacino did fine work as Phil in that HBO semi-biopic, go watch it. When Pacino dies (and he’s 80 so it could be any day now) it’ll probably get lost in the tribute shuffle.

Julius CSAR posted:

Haha look at that dude’s hair, what a loving goofball.

Piece of poo poo goofball that is.

It’s actually not his hair, it’s one of his collection of wigs. His mug shot revealed that he had ye olde male pattern baldness.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

wesleywillis posted:

The lizard people made him kill that lady. He took the fall, but then decided he wanted out of prison, so he was going to name a bunch of people associated with the "Clinton Crime Family" in exchange for his release.
But then he died of "natural" causes.

Aaaaaand here we go again with the lizard people bashing. We never made Phil Spector kill anyone, he was just an egomaniacal eccentric whose wealth let him drift away from the emotional and behavioral programming that make people refrain from antisocial activities like murder.

The rest of this post is absolutely spot on though.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Agent Escalus posted:

It’s actually not his hair, it’s one of his collection of wigs. His mug shot revealed that he had ye olde male pattern baldness.

drat so Spins’ potato sculpture is even more accurate than normal

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Haha I had no idea
I mean who would make a wig that would be that weird!!!!

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The thing about the wall of sound is when anyone finds out what it actually is they see they have always been doing it anyway.

OddlySpecificGuy
Jan 11, 2021

by Cyrano4747

Stunt_enby posted:

i bet its covid

You are correct

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/17/music-producer-phil-spector-dies-aged-81-serving-murder-sentence-13918439/

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

LOL @ phil spector looking at his vast collection of wigs and thinking "mmm, court today, which wig says not guilty?" And landing on this one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

It's safe to walk these streets alone... phil spector can't be out there

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Aaaaaand here we go again with the lizard people bashing. We never made Phil Spector kill anyone, he was just an egomaniacal eccentric whose wealth let him drift away from the emotional and behavioral programming that make people refrain from antisocial activities like murder.

The rest of this post is absolutely spot on though.

drat! Post, username combo.

I mean Like, I'm totally fine with you lizard i mean reptilians and recognize your superiorness over us monkey people.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
If you look up the word Problematic in the dictionary theres a picture of Al Pacino but it says Phil Spector under it.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
As his name suggests, he is now a ghost, and frankly that is not okay.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Hey, I didn't know he was in Lost Highway.

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017
Phil Spector dead today of an overdose of crack cocaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Hey, I didn't know he was in Lost Highway.

no that was a different murderer