Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is this real? Because if American boomers actually took the word back that's great because Americans who use the word boomer in a derogatory manner are the worst generation, which is almost incredible considering that American boomers exist.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

3D Megadoodoo posted:

all right let's see that then

get your own goddamn mouse. mine are all busy.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

i'm the mismatched wheels

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

President Beep posted:

get your own goddamn mouse. mine are all busy.

sewing a beautiful dress i choose to imagine

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is this real? Because if American boomers actually took the word back that's great because Americans who use the word boomer in a derogatory manner are the worst generation, which is almost incredible considering that American boomers exist.

President Beep posted:

i sleep on a big side with my wife.
Me too!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JK I loathe all Americans.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ur a cheeky monkey i'll give u that m8

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

3D Megadoodoo posted:

k

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

you can't really shovel ½cm of snow
you're tellin' me pal

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

go back to your hut and have a herring and turnip sandwich, you old grump

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

if you leave jerry at room temperature for too long, he turns sour. he has become truly one with the milk

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

you're tellin' me pal

you're av needs an update

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
just stretched my arms/shoulders a bit and got dizzy :corsair:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
loving neck is in extreme amounts of pain today, cool

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Cold on a Cob posted:

loving neck is in extreme amounts of pain today, cool

Time to buy a monitor stand/mount, a herman miller aeron chair knock off, and neumatic legs for your desk.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Offices really just ought to set a standard that when someone's hairline has receeded x inches they just buy that stuff automatically.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

neck pain crew checking in

video calls are, despite my otherwise good ergo setup, a consistent cause of neck pain for me

I need a fully articulated tablet mount because my dumb rear end will try to angle and tilt my head and body to appear ideally framed no matter how trivial and long the call

one day I realized in have icy hot and aspercreme on my desk along with some advil and it hit me that I am old now

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

maybe like, move your camera so it's at a good angle without you having to injure yourself?

just saying

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

most normal people just find a level of caring about the call just short of actively masturbating in view.

also if you haven't you should use whatever webcam application you prefer to crop the image to your head in a comfortable position.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just turn off my camera when i want to

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lmao at not having the camera disabled on all computres as company policy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

maybe like, move your camera so it's at a good angle without you having to injure yourself?

just saying

this would be a valid take if the optimal location for one's webcam wasn't smack dab in the center of your main monitor

NGL i've considered getting one of those teleprompter setups

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Maybe the shift to more home-working with give in-screen camera tech a bump up the development tree

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I keep mine pretty far off axis, that way there's no point in looking at it since I can't see it and the screen and makes it less distracting. I only use it like once a month though

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

just saying
I mean I have but it took a while to realize it was the cause. i tried a standing desk addon that I thought was the problem (bad monitor heights and keyboard area) so it masked the cause until I removed it and properly adjusted my desk

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

most normal people just find a level of caring about the call just short of actively masturbating in view.

also if you haven't you should use whatever webcam application you prefer to crop the image to your head in a comfortable position.
yeah, the real answer is to not care so much

it was easier to not care when we had desk phones with tiny grainy webcams so everyone was always poorly lit with office lighting and angle vaguely up their nose

Jonny 290 posted:

this would be a valid take if the optimal location for one's webcam wasn't smack dab in the center of your main monitor
and that's basically what I do. I use an ipad and it sits over part of the screen, then gets put aside after. our work systems are too locked down to stick anything more than a mouse and keyboard on so that ruled that out too

Jonny 290 posted:

NGL i've considered getting one of those teleprompter setups
a dude made a little at-home shroud that's like that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AecAXinars

qirex posted:

I keep mine pretty far off axis, that way there's no point in looking at it since I can't see it and the screen and makes it less distracting. I only use it like once a month though
i had that setup before all this for my occasional wfh days, might switch to that again and rearrange my desk some more

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the take-away is i break more easily now than when i was in my 20s and could sit with my neck pretzeled looking as a lovely screen for days at a time

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i have a logitech c920 that has a hook thing that makes it easy to attach to the top edge of your monitor. you can probably get a small gorilla pod or whatever for something similar

but i almost never turn on my webcam cos gently caress that. i also have physical covers for the logitech and the cam in my laptop

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my zoom calls? I just go to work and talk to peoples faces

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wish you would “zoom” back to gbs!

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
moving house sucks and I’m in hell right now. I hired movers who were great, wore masks etc, but I still ended up doing a lot of labor and my body just can’t move like that anymore. pain at all joints, cramp in my thigh, neck pain it’s all very terrible

still got random poo poo at the old place 30 mins away. ugh I hate it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

moving house sucks and I’m in hell right now. I hired movers who were great, wore masks etc, but I still ended up doing a lot of labor and my body just can’t move like that anymore. pain at all joints, cramp in my thigh, neck pain it’s all very terrible

prayers up. i had a hard enough time just putting away artificial christmas trees. i think the tannenbaum is the closest thing i currently have to a sworn enemy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

that's the worst part, imo. at that point, I'm pretty much frothing at the mouth and cramming poo poo into garbage bags just to be done with it.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

got my blood work done and my cholesterol & blood sugar went down?!?! maybe it’s just from drinking less because I’m sure as hell not getting enough exercise

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

qirex posted:

got my blood work done and my cholesterol & blood sugar went down?!?! maybe it’s just from drinking less because I’m sure as hell not getting enough exercise

Blood sugar will go down toot and also sweet if you drink less. Cholesterol? Mostly genetic.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I have genetically high cholesterol and it's lower now than it has been since like college

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Blood sugar will go down toot and also sweet if you drink less. Cholesterol? Mostly genetic.

the brain is made of cholesterol, so maybe it goes down as you get dumber :tinfoil:

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Fart Sandwiches posted:

maybe you did it wrong, i got movers last time we moved and i felt like a spare dick at a wedding. money well spent. the post move beers felt like I hadn't earned them though lol

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

my stepdads beer posted:

money well spent. the post move beers felt like I hadn't earned them though lol

well yeah, they were your stepdads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

sciatica is back with a vengeance this evening and I also keep getting these painful bumps on my tongue. been like two weeks. I’m about to chew the fucker off.