Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

canqued posted:

@2:00

Director of a children's movie about a K-12 wizard school: check out the BUTTS on these BABES

I've never seen the Harold Potter films since I was just slightly too old when the first book came out and I was terribly confused why they had them doing orgasm sighs followed by a butt shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The french school specializes in pussy magic shooting butterflies out of there is the cleanest thing they got

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Shinjobi posted:

Fantastic Beasts 2 was so bad I had a great time

Everyone in it was awful

lol I have never watched a HP film or read a HP book but I watched Fantastic Beasts 1 and it was OK, being about 90% beasts and 10% HP-world backplot.

I watched FB2 and those stats more or less flipped and I was left uh what the gently caress~ing

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 18, 2021

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I might be remembering wrong but wasn't the Slavic / Russian school was also poor wizards went or something like that?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

priznat posted:

The french school specializes in pussy magic shooting butterflies out of there is the cleanest thing they got

So they magic their fluids like other wizards magic their poo poo because they can't figure out plumbing?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Bene Gesserit of the Potterverse.

canqued
Jan 18, 2020

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Goblet of Fire is a shockingly bad film, it's shot like bad TV. It's especially bad when you watch it straight after Akzaban, which is a legit good film and looks amazing.

lol. Just a total lack of craftsmanship outing The Pedo Gaze.

"Set up a POV shot? gently caress that. Just ADR one of the nerds saying 'oi wot a pooper' or something."

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I could not remember what fat guy or crazy girl did in fantastic beasts 1 and could not care less what happened to them in fb2. Honestly I barely remembered anything about fb1 except every scene had a ton of lovely looking cg creatures cluttering up the frame.
fb2 had a sexy Nagini, right?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FB1 had the scene where Colin Farrel turned into Johnny Depp and the entire cinema groaned and another scene where Eddie Redmayne tried to gently caress a rhino.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Also how did the fellas not all ask to be transferred to the French school after that?

I've never seen either Fantastic Beasts films but I watched a video on the second one and it was another "how the hell did this get made" situation.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 18, 2021

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

canqued posted:

lol. Just a total lack of craftsmanship outing The Pedo Gaze.

"Set up a POV shot? gently caress that. Just ADR one of the nerds saying 'oi wot a pooper' or something."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2xvGV7k1sw

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I've only seen the HP movies via Riffttax, but I I'll take people who identify via their "house" any day over Twilight diehards.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I burst out laughing in Fantastic Beasts 2 when Zoe Kravitz talked about how she swapped out her baby Dumbledore brother for another baby on the Titanic right before the iceberg collision and then Dan Fogler walked into the frame, said nothing, opened a door and suddenly they were at Wizard Nazi Nuremberg.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FB2 has one of the worst-written screenplays ever, it's a stinker.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the fact that they go out of their way to make sure we all know that the holocaust happened in harry potter world, and that the only wizard who was interested in preventing it was evil and wanted to do so as a whataboutism excuse to exterminate all humans and not for any moral reason is incredible

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paper Lion posted:

the fact that they go out of their way to make sure we all know that the holocaust happened in harry potter world, and that the only wizard who was interested in preventing it was evil and wanted to do so as a whataboutism excuse to exterminate all humans and not for any moral reason is incredible

At some point one of these bullshit fictional universes needs to go all-in on alt-history and have like Professor McGonagall (sp?) and her army of giant stone knights just carving up Nazis left and right or what the gently caress ever

Edit: transformers at least had secret agent bumblebee

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the Minions in Despicable Me were frozen in ice during the holocaust, just in case anyone was wondering

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Speaking of Alan Rickman, I watched his directoral debut (?) called A Little Chaos where he plays Lois IVX and wants a fuckin garden. It's a nice, chill moopie if you feel the Marvel/ Star Wars / Star Trek fatigue.

I think Kate Winslet is badly casted in this one but it's about gardens, flowers and Alan Rickman playing a French King to the EXTREME. I watched it in 2014 in a movie festival but I don't think it had a really wide release.

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 18, 2021

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Seriously if you want to watch a good moopie, HBO Max is removing Before Sunrise and Before Sunset at the end of the month so you’d better watch them as a palate cleanser before Justice League The FOUR HOUR Snyder cut that you’re all gonna watch Day 1 comes out

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

its all nice on rice posted:

I've only seen the HP movies via Riffttax, but I I'll take people who identify via their "house" any day over Twilight diehards.

I don't think there are any Twilight diehards anymore, and even back in the day Twilight diehards were mostly teen girls so it's probably for the best that you weren't taking them

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arcsquad12 posted:

So im two episodes into Chernobyl and this is really good TV. The gear switch from the first episode to the second was surprising but I'm digging it. Boris is awesome. He goes through your typical "movie bureaucrat who refuses to see the truth until it's too late" song and dance in half an hour and now seems fully on board with following the safety measures. He's a pretty sly character and I want to see more people underestimate him so he can clown on their asses.

I love the Valery Legasov / Boris Shcherbina power pair. Boris like just about everyone suffered a level of disbelief but unlike others he was inquisitive from the start yet distrustful due to the Soviet system he knew too well. Boris was also great for the writers/ audience as he would ask the science questions for Valery to answer.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

hell yeah

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1351235651992215557?s=20

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I am playing Justice League RLM commentary track in preparation of TEH SNEYDA CUT.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Arcsquad12 posted:

So im two episodes into Chernobyl and this is really good TV. The gear switch from the first episode to the second was surprising but I'm digging it. Boris is awesome. He goes through your typical "movie bureaucrat who refuses to see the truth until it's too late" song and dance in half an hour and now seems fully on board with following the safety measures. He's a pretty sly character and I want to see more people underestimate him so he can clown on their asses.

oh just a heads up but whenever the plotline about the ukranian rando who gets drafted and paired with afghan veterans shows up, it will probably upset you

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hard counter posted:

listen, it's never wrong to kill a t-rex or an atlantean demi-god

She literally made t-rexs and atlantean demi-gods extinct!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

FB1 had the scene where Colin Farrel turned into Johnny Depp and the entire cinema groaned and another scene where Eddie Redmayne tried to gently caress a rhino.

I also had a theater where everyone groaned when Farrrl became Depp. Farrel was great! He could have just been Grindelwald, no reason to put Depp there. I knew right there that the sequel would be bad so I didn't see it.

I still think it's funny that Harry Potter got so bad that the play Rowling wrote involves Draco being cuckolded by a time traveling Voldemort and the movies ended up with secret dumbledore brother.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I read that play and while I know that’s not a fair way to judge something meant to be seen performed on stage, it was very very bad.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I also had a theater where everyone groaned when Farrrl became Depp. Farrel was great! He could have just been Grindelwald, no reason to put Depp there. I knew right there that the sequel would be bad so I didn't see it.

I still think it's funny that Harry Potter got so bad that the play Rowling wrote involves Draco being cuckolded by a time traveling Voldemort and the movies ended up with secret dumbledore brother.

Secret Dumble brother who was swapped with another baby on the Titanic

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I just noticed bandcamp.com has a lot of commentary tracks from people I have never heard of, do any of them make funny commentaries?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I kinda liked the 1920s aesthetic combined with silly children magicks in the Fantastic Beasts but that's it. Second moopie is a disaster to watch.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Harry Potter was a good series of children's books that started to fall apart when they attempted to mature with their audience, because Rowling can't write teen/adult fiction for poo poo

I read a ton of books as a kid/teenager and the first four HP books stand out as some of the best, while the last...four? Five? I can barely remember.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
58 min into the commentary

Jay: "...they eventually released the Assembly Cut of the Alien 3. So it's possibly in like 20 years? You may get something close to the resemble the Snydar version?"

L O L

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

abigserve posted:

Harry Potter was a good series of children's books that started to fall apart when they attempted to mature with their audience, because Rowling can't write teen/adult fiction for poo poo

Ain't that the truth. Her adult mystery novels have gone full transphobia with an MTF killer who assaults people in bathrooms.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
https://twitter.com/hotboybebop/status/1342754964842696705?s=19

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ain't that the truth. Her adult mystery novels have gone full transphobia with an MTF killer who assaults people in bathrooms.

What the gently caress?

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
"i need an editor," Harry bellowed in a bellowing voice,

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

mallratcal posted:

What the gently caress?
Things have been going downhill quite fast ever since she declared that wizards regularly poo poo their pants and magic the pantload away.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

Things have been going downhill quite fast ever since she declared that wizards regularly poo poo their pants and magic the pantload away.

smallest domino labeled “dumbledore was gay”

largest domino labeled “transphobia entrenches itself somehow even deeper into british society”

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Taintrunner posted:

At some point one of these bullshit fictional universes needs to go all-in on alt-history and have like Professor McGonagall (sp?) and her army of giant stone knights just carving up Nazis left and right or what the gently caress ever

Edit: transformers at least had secret agent bumblebee

Professor McGonagall is the best friend of Dumbledore, the chief architect and intellectual father of the Holocaust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mallratcal posted:

What the gently caress?

yeah for some reason a lot of British liberals loving hate trans people.