Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Watch Avatar the Last Airbender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

XboxPants posted:

How's Infinity Train? Heard a couple positive things, and the trailer I saw felt like it had a good vibe.

As for recco's we gotta mention She-Ra. Presumably you've watched that already, but if you haven't, it's extremely good. It is... made of love, you might say.

Seconded. drat it's good

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Utena is very good and there were a lot of visual references to it in SU. It does need a warning for things like explicit depictions of physical and sexual abuse, but it's definitely worth watching, imo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I started watching it and told my other half "hey you should watch this with me I can already tell it's something you'd like" but it wasn't until mid season 3 she started paying attention and I could no longer watch at my pace. I know I'm well past all the discussion about the show but :justpost:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah but none of Infinity Train's seasons are self contained, they just maintain closure.

I don't think anyone's argued otherwise tbh.

Also Korra? Rocked. The villains were just foils used to illuminate Korra's arc and provide fun fights. Though that's still one up from Scooby Doo villains.

Each season of Infinity Train tells a complete story. None of those stories end the way you think they will at the beginning, and they often show new sides to old characters.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
https://twitter.com/bisrnuth/status/1350497150459916293?s=19

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Craig of the Creek is a great follow up to Steven Universe. It's a lot less anime except when it is straight up anime, but it's an incredibly delightful and wholesome TV show made by two of Steven Universe's strongest writers. I think the pitch is not as exciting for people. It is just about nine year olds hanging out at a creek, but it's REALLY loving good and well observed. It really captures a lot of accurate things about being a kid. It's a joy.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I just want to know who made the Gems.

I DEMAND RESOLUTION ON THIS MATTER

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A wizard did it

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I feel like it would be the same entity that made the Transformers

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Sash! posted:

I just want to know who made the Gems.

I DEMAND RESOLUTION ON THIS MATTER

In the latest art book (End of an Era), there is only one redaction black bar, it's in the Gem timeline, and it's the very beginning of it. Only the label of "20,000 years ago" is visible.

It's like we're forbidden to look in the box. Pretty tantalizing, though...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
yeah the gems were made by the quintessons

https://twitter.com/Jalaguy/status/1087860154039783424

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 19, 2021

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/ellenwalex/status/1351932591369281542

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Grumpyface/status/1360302751972872195

This reminds me that I haven't finished Save the Light yet.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

That's excellent news. Save the Light was very good and Unleash the Light has been stuck on Apple Arcade, which I'm pretty sure nobody has.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
drat, I played through Unleash the Light during my first free month of Apple Arcade and my one main complaint was no playable Peridot. I didn't realize they'd added her later down the line.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Is Attack the Light still mobile only?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Bongo Bill posted:

That's excellent news. Save the Light was very good and Unleash the Light has been stuck on Apple Arcade, which I'm pretty sure nobody has.

it flipped from "lol subscription service for mobile games" to goons liking it pretty quick somehow

why isn't the complete collection of this on bluray?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Cartoon Network seems to have become completely opposed to bluray for some ludicrous reason.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This was two years ago? drat, I don't remember hearing anything about this.

Please commit to not having Peridot and Lapis fuse during this show. I want that to not be a thing for another eight millennia.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FsELnENMrE

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rand Brittain posted:

Cartoon Network seems to have become completely opposed to bluray for some ludicrous reason.

Yeah but I'm not going to buy DVDs in 2021

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

This was two years ago? drat, I don't remember hearing anything about this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jalaguy/status/1088062835366735873

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I did however just dream that the Diamonds are getting their own show. If I had to imagine, it would be like the golden girls but significantly larger.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
"Picture it...Homeworld, 17932 BC"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Back in St. Homeworld,

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh, that was in fact the joke and not just someone making a comparison of two similar things like I assumed it was.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

"Picture it...Homeworld, 17932 BC"

It's actually just White Diamond cycling between and acting out the roles of the four golden girls (yes she hunches over and spawns thick glasses when she's sophia) while Yellow and Blue are completely baffled and quite concerned.

It's eventually revealed that huffing too many clouds while watching dvds has devastating effects on a gem.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Nikumatic posted:

drat, I played through Unleash the Light during my first free month of Apple Arcade and my one main complaint was no playable Peridot. I didn't realize they'd added her later down the line.

Picked it up on Switch and have been playing through the early stages. Definitely more like Attack the Light than Save the Light Was.

That said, I can't seem to figure out how to get Attack Descriptions to show up during gameplay on the Switch. I've seen a few, but I can't get it to happen consistently. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Nevermind, worked it out. Had to hold down the A button.

maltesh fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 9, 2021

oot
Jun 28, 2019

Nice, I always wanted to play those games

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

After some serious soul searching I have concluded I like SU better than Ducktales, but I haven't seen the new Ducktales yet.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
I remember a time where I couldn't believe I would be able to accept a new Ducktales series but now I look at the old one and it's all mushy and old.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Bringing this thread back from the dead to say that I finally got around to watching the show, and sped through it all pretty quickly. It was like a nice extended hug in lo these trying times :unsmith:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Why isn't this on blu-ray yet

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Len posted:

Cartoon Network has stopped selling Blurays so parents have to subscribe to apps.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rand Brittain posted:

Cartoon Network has stopped selling Blurays so parents have to subscribe to apps.

Bastards. I don't want to buy a DVD set in 2021

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/LiquidHbox/status/1453409855428038656

Possible leak of a possible Warner Bros. Smash-clone.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Len posted:

Same reason the VHS release hasn't happened yet.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

'Season 1' - the first 52 episodes - is available in the UK on Blu-ray at the moment.

It's around £11 at the moment with the current 'Manga' offer.

Edit: and that game is called 'Multi-versus':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C24Z-eStaBI

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

If they get rollback netcode it'll be better than Smash Ultimate's online.