Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You're gonna be really upset when you hear what happened at Disney world 2-3 years ago.

All I remember about that was when that lady tweeted ‘who cares’ and everyone lost their minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Do you see how that shark moves? Do you really think it would move like that if sharks weren't smooth?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I've just bought a packet of these.

I think it's supposed to be a pair of chopsticks, but to me it looks more like Mr Kimchi is packing a double-barrel shotgun

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Or pool cues because if not those are awfully beefy chopsticks.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Lobok posted:

You are presuming a lot about the total mass of Mr. KIMCHI

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

A shotgun and one of those American Gladiators jousting Q-tips.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

don't steal his kimchi or he'll blow your head off

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He got some bulgogi biceps

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Lobok posted:

We have a 45cm pair for cooking.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You're gonna be really upset when you hear what happened at Disney world 2-3 years ago.

More than that. It was before 45 took office.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Syd Midnight posted:

This made me realize that my brain has begun interpreting every overly-emojiied tweet as a The Saddest Rhino post.

That's a name I haven't heard in quite a while. Wasn't he banned during a furry purge?
[edit] I might be thinking of The Worst Unicorn?

Ak Gara has a new favorite as of 13:23 on Jan 19, 2021

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

Platystemon posted:

More than that. It was before 45 took office.

In the before time

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Hyperlynx posted:

I've just bought a packet of these.

I think it's supposed to be a pair of chopsticks, but to me it looks more like Mr Kimchi is packing a double-barrel shotgun

well i dont know about the gun but ive been learning to read hangul and i can confirm that it says it is a tofu kimchi snack. but there could still be a hidden meaning in the characters that i cant see. ill hack the image later with DOS and see if i can find a backdoor

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

He has cooking implements so they are cooking chopsticks and also he is 33” tall

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ak Gara posted:

That's a name I haven't heard in quite a while. Wasn't he banned during a furry purge?
[edit] I might be thinking of The Worst Unicorn?
Saddest Rhino's still around, I summoned them a few months back by asking whatever happened to their giant emoji posts.

the same could happen to yooooou

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Saddest Rhino's still around, I summoned them a few months back by asking whatever happened to their giant emoji posts.

Jeez, you want to be careful with that kind of thing. I once summoned Vendagoat back to the forums and ended up with this avatar as a result.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Thump! posted:

Schindlers List

Meaning in the end you'll cry and wish it was longer

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

burexas.irom posted:

Meaning in the end you'll cry and wish it was longer

:randvince:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
https://i.imgur.com/vnKRFvl.mp4

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uStu00DaEF0

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TK-42-1 posted:

All I remember about that was when that lady tweeted ‘who cares’ and everyone lost their minds.

not just who cares, it was along the lines of "sorry i just can't care about a drowned child because of the white male arrogance of his father"

disney 100% created that hazard and enticed their paying customers to bring their kids down to the shore of gator lake. disney is extremely lucky the parents didn't sue and make a big spectacle about how the happiest place on earth TM ignored their gator problem until a child was killed. mousecorp settled anyway just to try to keep this thing far from the news. trying to tee off a dead kid so you can tell the world how over white men you are was just gruesome and cruel

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The Saddest Rhino keeps C‐SPAM up to date on the coronavirus pandemic in Malaysia.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Please don't make fun of my avast-garde and hoist-rock :(

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This is weirdly appropriate because all my 13 year old daughter listens to right now is sea shanties.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

marshmallow creep posted:

This is weirdly appropriate because all my 13 year old daughter listens to right now is sea shanties.

Link her a get stick bugged meme and she'll be like DAAADD! YOU ARE SO EMBARRASSING, THAT IS SO OLD

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I know people who work on a replica 18th C sailing ship who have been holding regular sea shanty pub gigs for years and years and they seem to be pretty amused by the sudden surge in sea shanty memes but they're not bothering to cash in on the current craze, I'm pretty sure they've seen surges in sea shanty interest before and they always drop off again just as quickly.

Data Graham posted:

Link her a get stick bugged meme and she'll be like DAAADD! YOU ARE SO EMBARRASSING, THAT IS SO OLD

For maximum generational cringe, link her that pirate-themed goon band

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHIF4AtseYc

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 16:12 on Jan 19, 2021

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I know people who work on a replica 18th C sailing ship

You know people who what

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Mierenneuker posted:

Please don't make fun of my avast-garde and hoist-rock :(

:pirate:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My brother had a pirate band in college but that was like 20 years ago

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sea shanties have never really gone away, you just needed to tune into pirate radio.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I been playing Sea of Thieves and singing shanties with my bros for months. You guys are old news. We're getting good at butchering a few Stan Rogers tracks.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cocaine Bear posted:

I been playing Sea of Thieves and singing shanties with my bros for months. You guys are old news. We're getting good at butchering a few Stan Rogers tracks.

I know all the words to Barrett's Privateers with only minimal pausing to remember if this is the verse where Barrett was smashed like a bowl of eggs

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I want to hear Bill Paxton’s sea shanty album from Club Dread

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

There's a sea song (not a shanty as it has instruments and isn't a work song) about my grandpa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aoURstRQwo

It's not very funny and mostly about how he raised five kids alone after my grandma died.

It samples his dog which is something you don't hear in many songs.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Data Graham posted:

My brother had a pirate band but that was 20 years ago
(Away! Haul away! We'll haul away, Joe!)
They caught him off the Bristol coast and hung him from the gallows.
(Away! Haul away! We'll haul away, Joe!)
Away!
(Ha!)
Haul away! We'll haul away together!
Away! Haul away! We'll haul away, Joe!
Away!
(Ha!)
Haul away! We'll haul for better weather!
Away! Haul away! We'll haul away, Joe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dIA6H9vLKU

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 22:48 on Jan 19, 2021

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'd link the one song of theirs that I know about but it's pre-youtube. I remember the lyrics though

quote:

I've been sailin' the sea
For twelve month and one day
I left my lass at the altar
Back in Tripoli

But the stormy deep was callin' me
There blow no damsels at Cape Horn
Avast, me hearties, we'll be back
To the highlands ere the morn

(chorus)
Yo ho, bring the ale to me
Yo ho, 'tis a pirate wench to be
Yo ho, yo ho
I'll meet ye in Davy Jones' Locker
Me English lackey

Now let me tell ye
Of my ventures near and far
I keel-hauled Captan Flannagan (avast!)
And stuck seaweed in his arse

But Flanny's British men
Brought a shipment o' doubloons
I robbed and pillaged King Henry's chest
And sailed off under the moon

(chorus)

But arr, alas! My heart did bend
To the maiden of that fair shore
I may be a seafarin' man
But I always come back for more

(chorus)

...I don't think he was all that clear at the time on subjects like history and geography

(also I think they forgot to sing half the last verse or something)

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 22:41 on Jan 19, 2021

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Cocaine Bear posted:

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag has some good shanties and that's from like a thousand years ago in 2020-era time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Memento posted:

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag has some good shanties and that's from like a thousand years ago in 2020-era time.

Forgot about that one. Probably because everything off the boat was boring as piss. Still, good shanties.

Here a picture: