Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirius Jayne
Nov 29, 2020

Jayne's getting Sirius
It's required that you have cats if you're a homeowner. Why, you may ask? Well, the word MEOW is right in there. You're welcome. Good luck saying hoMEOWner or hoMEOWnership again without hearing that.

Before the pandemic struck and was not fortunate enough to work from home full time, I used to joke that, "If possession is 9/10ths the law, my cats must own mine, since they spend more time in (possession of) it than I do". As soon as I started working from home and it looked like it was going to be awhile, my cat announced that it was by virtue of the fact that MEOW is in the word that really gave them the claim to the home. I am, however, invited to stay and provide for their needs. Somehow I think that buying a house for my cats seems like a BWM decsion. The dogs are much more grateful.

So, let's have some fun (even at my expense, this IS the BWM forum after all):

Is possession 9/10ths the law?

Should we rename HoMEOWnership to correct the gross oversight?

Do the cats have ANY legal standing in this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

On a scale of 1 to Willie Nelson, how are you doing tonight?

Sirius Jayne
Nov 29, 2020

Jayne's getting Sirius

Dik Hz posted:

On a scale of 1 to Willie Nelson, how are you doing tonight?

Is that before or after he realized that smoking might not be great for his lungs?

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

If I had a dollar each time my cat coughed up a hairball, I would have zero hairball-related dollars

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008
I feel strangely compelled to agree completely and entirely, however that may just be the toxoplasmosis speaking.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
has a cat ever been a landlord? i think not. the commodification of housing is below them. i say we put chairman meow in charge

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Can confirm, 100% of my home purchases have resulted in cat adoption

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

moana posted:

Can confirm, 100% of my home purchases have resulted in cat adoption
Pics, or it didn't happen.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sometimes I think about how my house is my cat's entire universe and has no conception of the outside world. kinda weird.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

AndrewP posted:

sometimes I think about how my house is my cat's entire universe and has no conception of the outside world. kinda weird.

You got windows?!

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
When we got her:

Now:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirius Jayne
Nov 29, 2020

Jayne's getting Sirius

AndrewP posted:

That’s one pretty kitty!

My tortie girl always wants to go outside, but what with living semi-rural and not wanting the felines to be carried off by a raptor or any number of things that could harm them, I keep them indoors. On a few occasions she has managed to scoot outside and almost immediately she freaks the hell out. Hunkers down like what the actual gently caress this is one BIG rear end room!! Then she bolts back to the house and is content to stay inside for a few more weeks. My orange cat? Could have the door wide open and he’d sit on the inside of the threshold, nose up, eyes mostly closed, enjoying the smell-o-vision.