Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

I never seem to get sound for these it's not even an option it's just a silent gif

right click > show controls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

You'd think this would spur oil and gas companies to consider renewables a little more but in reality they'll just buy options on Canadian oil for delivery to China

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m hoping this has a side effect of companies thinking twice about new pipelines, knowing they can get cancelled with a new President.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I have a feeling there's going to be a renewables bonanza soon, given how successful the Obama era tax credits were at driving investment. Dems love them some tax credits.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Happy Dolly Parton Day! Our national treasure is 75 today.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is perhaps the most British headline I have ever seen.

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsNI/status/1351240181173641217

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

quote:

The new Brexit secretary has promised to ensure “there is adequate food supply” if the UK crashes out of the EU without a deal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-secretary-food-supply-dominic-raab-uk-leave-eu-no-deal-a8461771.html

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Grittybeard posted:

Second line in the article:

quote:

Edwin Poots acknowledged Northern Ireland has plenty of homegrown produce, such as beef or potatoes.

If you have beef, you have the materials to make gelatin, so you can make jellies. If you got potatoes, you can make potato starch for your gravies. :wtf: NI, get your poo poo together!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1351519886980358146

He watches every show!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

He watches every show!

To be fair you couldn't pay me enough to do this.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I struggle to watch more than one episode of a TV show in a single sitting so I gotta give it to Trump here.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

To be fair you couldn't pay me enough to do this.

Would you watch Fox News programming for 10 hours a day if they paid you $250k a year?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Would you watch Fox News programming for 10 hours a day if they paid you $250k a year?

And also if all they did was talk about how great you are

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

C-Euro posted:

I struggle to watch more than one episode of a TV show in a single sitting so I gotta give it to Trump here.

Buddy you're in the wrong forum

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Do I have to actually listen to them or can I drown it out with music?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fartknocker posted:

Do I have to actually listen to them or can I drown it out with music?

You have to listen so you can go on Twitter and respond.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

You have to listen so you can go on Twitter and respond.

You lost me at having to use Twitter at all.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

If you paid me $250k a year, plus all my living expenses, I would watch and tweet about Fox News for 10 hours a day. That would be like 3x my yearly income. I think I could manage that for a year without going crazy. Only if it was the daytime shows though, since I think those tend to be a little more just straight news anyway. Not sure I could do it if it meant watching Carlson and Hannity.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

If you paid me $250k a year, plus all my living expenses, I would watch and tweet about Fox News for 10 hours a day. That would be like 3x my yearly income. I think I could manage that for a year without going crazy. Only if it was the daytime shows though, since I think those tend to be a little more just straight news anyway. Not sure I could do it if it meant watching Carlson and Hannity.

Trump watches the entirety of Fox and Friends every single day

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I do NOT recommend having a panic attack at 5 AM. Kinda throws off the whole day.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hot Diggity! posted:

I do NOT recommend having a panic attack at 5 AM. Kinda throws off the whole day.

How about 7? Taking in the pup to have the mass removed and waiting in the parking lot for drop off is hell :gonk:

I hope you feel better

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

There are people working for The Daily Show who have to watch Fox News all day long to find and pull out clips. And listen to Rush and Levin et al. They get paid way less than $250k a year.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Its Rinaldo posted:

How about 7? Taking in the pup to have the mass removed and waiting in the parking lot for drop off is hell :gonk:

I hope you feel better

Aw sorry dude, hope the pups is okay

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Skwirl posted:

But that explanation absolutely doesn't mean it's not a Nazi thing. I kinda figure cops in the midwest know about incredibly obvious Nazi code words, either because they have to deal with Nazis or they are Nazis.

Occams Razor, man.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Sorry, is waking in the middle of the night in deep existential horror not a regular thing?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Thaddius the Large posted:

Sorry, is waking in the middle of the night in deep existential horror not a regular thing?

Not if you’re having them in the evening after work when you should be trying to relax!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/mountain_lib/status/1351222946027679751?s=19

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I miss the pre-COVID days so badly, so so badly. If I sit and actually think about it I may cry.

Also one of the best things you can do is buy a eucalyptus and mint candle for your shower l

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I miss the pre-COVID days so badly, so so badly. If I sit and actually think about it I may cry.

Also one of the best things you can do is buy a eucalyptus and mint candle for your shower

I will purchase a eucalyptus and mint candle for the shower.

I need to date again. Being without companionship for a year of Covid has not been good for my brain.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Yeah basically had a moment like that last night, probably can attribute that to the anxiety attack. I have a feeling March is really gonna suck as that's like, effectively a year of doing nothing.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Usually I can fall back asleep. Residual chest tightness is still ongoing, so that's fun.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

The KGB was like "no thanks we already have the contents"

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/jaymboller/status/1351537740030988289?s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I have created a paid position through my tireless efforts.

This is praxis.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Should be good for Permian Basin activity, at least.

I'd venture that a sizable portion of people who make ~$250K/year also watch Fox News 10 hours a day, for free.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 19, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ironic given the number of reddit freaks who crawl out of the woodwork to defend their master against the slightest online criticism

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I hope you feel better

Go Panda, you got this.

Also go not panic attacks even though we all have so much reason for them.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hot Diggity! posted:

Aw sorry dude, hope the pups is okay

Grittybeard posted:

Go Panda, you got this.

Also go not panic attacks even though we all have so much reason for them.

Thanks, I'm housing McDonalds breakfast sandwiches at a unsustainable rate to stave off the terror.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I can't wait to see Elon post "Sorry about the heckin goofem up my Florida bros" after he tunnels into Miami's aquifer and fills it with sea water.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Yeah basically had a moment like that last night, probably can attribute that to the anxiety attack. I have a feeling March is really gonna suck as that's like, effectively a year of doing nothing.

Usually I can fall back asleep. Residual chest tightness is still ongoing, so that's fun.

Yeah, I’m very regularly in the same boat. As unfun a solution as it is, I just kicked off a sober month because I’ve found both alcohol and pot noticeably negatively impact my sleep quality (plus I’ve got a nightmare first week of February stress-wise, so I’m trying to bunker down for that), otherwise my traditional approach of weightlifting my self into exhaustion has been absent for the last year and I’ve felt every bit of it. The other helpful bit I’ve found is that while white noise machines and fans don’t help me a ton, throwing on an audiobook at a super low volume is great, it’s just enough to be distracted and preoccupied by, but not intensive enough to stay awake; the current favorite has been old Discworld recordings I’ve heard a million times, since a gravelly old British guy is as relaxing a voice as I could hope for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Also one of the best things you can do is buy a eucalyptus and mint candle for your shower l

We are getting into the worst part of the year for me when it has been cold and dark for a couple of months, and watching March roll back around with no real idea when I might be able to start leaving the house and interacting with people normally is just an extra twist of the knife. I really need to change something up and start working out or focusing on some productive time outside of doing WFH, or it is going to be a rough ride until spring.