Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I know I said it before but their bit about if Nolte was in Unbreakable had me in stitches.

"They called me MR. GLAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

CAN YOU IMAGINE?! CAN YOU IMAGINE ME AS A SEX SYMBOL?!?!?!?!

DID YOU GET WET DURING 48 HOURS?!?!

TRYING TO DO A loving MONOLOGUE
AND A HORSE loving DROPS DEAD IN FRONT OF MEEEEEEEE

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

It's about to end shortly (but it'll be there after), but the guys are doing a live Youtube right now that's not a full mailbag but instead just answering some live chat questions and shooting the poo poo. A nice way to end the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aSHS_wrYos

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Jesus Eric's hair :stare:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Just Chamber posted:

He looks like an egg with drapes.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
i think eric's lookin good!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just discovered this thread, I always assumed nobody here listened to WHM because I could never find a thread in the podcast subforum :smith:

Anyway, the new Doolittle episode is fantastic so far!

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Andrew seems high strung for the amount of dope he smokes.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Vakal posted:

Andrew seems high strung for the amount of dope he smokes.

I can’t even imagine a sober Cabin

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Just Chamber posted:

Link?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That youtube link a few posts up.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Marin Karin posted:

i think eric's lookin good!

He look like Shrek.

I'm sorry...

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
https://mobile.twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1349753325370142720

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I do love that most of the gang refers to video games in very old man ways. Steve with the “Drakes Uncharted”.

Feel like that’s what my dad would ask the GameStop employee for during Christmas season.

Good livestream so far.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

dorium posted:

I do love that most of the gang refers to video games in very old man ways. Steve with the “Drakes Uncharted”.

Feel like that’s what my dad would ask the GameStop employee for during Christmas season.

Good livestream so far.

Cabins dick digression was amazing

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Billy Gnosis posted:

Cabins dick digression was amazing

ive definitely been Chris and Andrew in both their public situations in the same levels of inhebriation

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I really appreciate Stephen trying to emulate skull beach in his background on the “live” show.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Technical q’s about the live show

Do I need to watch it all at once? I usually savor a WHM episode over a day or two

Aaaand can I use chromecast from my phone to watch it?

Hyped as hell to see it

Slingback78
Oct 17, 2008
You don't need to watch it all in one go, you can watch it as you want until they delist it on the 21st.
Not sure about Chromecast, I'm afraid.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

teen witch posted:

Technical q’s about the live show

Do I need to watch it all at once? I usually savor a WHM episode over a day or two

Aaaand can I use chromecast from my phone to watch it?

Hyped as hell to see it

Amusingly, it appears you can *download it* from the site once you've bought it (though the download rate is capped and it takes ~20 minutes on a reasonable cable connection). I had a prior engagement Friday, sat down last night to watch it and was pleasantly surprised that there was an .mp4 link.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

SporkOfTruth posted:

Amusingly, it appears you can *download it* from the site once you've bought it (though the download rate is capped and it takes ~20 minutes on a reasonable cable connection). I had a prior engagement Friday, sat down last night to watch it and was pleasantly surprised that there was an .mp4 link.

Having flashbacks to those dvds that self-destructed via a slow release of ink after you "rented" it.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

SporkOfTruth posted:

Oh wow thanks. I was worried I wouldn't be able to rewatch it

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ooh im glad i checked back to this thread. i wanted to have an audio version of this and it seems with a little work, I'll be able to.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

jojoinnit posted:

Having flashbacks to those dvds that self-destructed via a slow release of ink after you "rented" it.

That was a thing? What the gently caress? I don't remember that at all.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

thrawn527 posted:

That was a thing? What the gently caress? I don't remember that at all.

Are you ready for self-destructing DVDs?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Wow. Were these ever put into actual wide use anywhere?

It's also funny to see them talk about Netflix here as a sort of new company at the end.

quote:

The founder of a DVD rental site is also skeptical, and not too thrilled at the idea of throwaway discs being proposed again.

"It's an environmental disaster to make all these plastic discs that degrade with all these chemicals," said Reed Hastings, CEO and chairman of Netflix.com, based in San Jose, California. "It's throwing an awful lot of technology at a problem."

NetFlix has to spend 33 cents for every disc to be returned, but Hastings thinks the extra cost of the coating might make it uneconomical. "It is nice to not return things, but you have to ask why didn't Divx work," he said. Divx discs rented for $4.49, and he doubts the new format could support $3 rentals. If studios support it and consumers want it, he said NetFlix will carry it.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jan 18, 2021

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Divx ... now there’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. A long time ...

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Request lines are open. I continue my quest to make the boys watch Real Men so they can see James Belushi half naked getting whipped by a dominatrix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ3as6Vf1ao

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Everyone who can call a US based landline loving vote for Book of Henry.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I recently upgraded to the $8 tier on their Patreon and have been going back and listening to the old Gleep Glossary episodes and man, these are all so good.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

Everyone who can call a US based landline loving vote for Book of Henry.

Robot Jox :colbert:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Gonna agree with Andrew here and say this one's crazy enough you might wanna see the movie beforehand to see the stupid twists and wild tonal shifts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea they're 100% correct that you will not be able to guess how stupid this movie gets and that kinda makes it amazing

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

If I spoiled myself ages ago just reading the Wikipedia summary, do you still think it’s worth actually watching knowing what’s coming?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Do they pick the requests randomly, based on their interest in the movie or how interesting the call is?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

Do they pick the requests randomly, based on their interest in the movie or how interesting the call is?

Random draw

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Yeah, it's a random draw, so the more requests a movie gets, the more likely it is to get picked.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

BiggerBoat posted:

Used to be the latter, nowadays it's the former - they usually put the movies on little papers and pull them from a hat on a livestream

e:f,b

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, it's a random draw, so the more requests a movie gets, the more likely it is to get picked.

Oh. Well, maybe next year then. I went with Prince and Under the Cherry Moon.

When they do the WLM requests I'm gonna hit them with Phantom of the Paradise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm probably calling in Antz again this year because i forgot the other, much better request I had thought up months ago.